Fondness

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 My phone beeped telling me I have a text message.

"Where are you?"

Butterflies fluttered inside my stomach knowing its Kris. Its been a month and we've been together non stop, I never got tired of the same feeling rushing around my whole body whenever the thought of him comes to mind.

"I'm heading off somewhere."

"Need a ride?"

I hesitated for one particular reason. I'm not afraid to admit that I'd use any excuse just to spend some time with him but this place I'm going to powers over it.

"Not today, sorry."

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere personal." My phone became low batt afterwards I slipped it into the pocket of my coat and locked the door behind me.

The sky became gloomy in a matter of seconds which meant I had to go quickly before it sets darker.

My arms were folded throughout thd whole walk since the air was too cold for my bare hands to handle. I regretted not wearing any gloves.

There I arrived infront of the nearest local store by our rooftop house.

Strolling through the thin aisle, I looked for flowers. The ones that looked healthy and beautiful to me. Something not only I would like but for that persons taste.

To me, the pure white magnolias stood out the most therefore I took a boquet of them and also another boquet of fluoresent orchids, and to add to it, 2 simple candles.

Holding the bag, I still managed to fold my arms to keep my hands warm.

The place I headed to was near the local store which was just my luck.

 

The cemetary.

 

Since it got darker, it was a blur, I would use my phone for a flashlight but its low battery. Fortunatly, I knew the directions to the grave off by heart.

They were burried by a tree, a blossom tree to be exact ~ Our Favorite.

However, its autumn and the leaves would just about fall and wilt away.

The tree is easily seen and its something I treasure since it practically grew up with me ~ thats right, it was around my height when I first saw it by my mothers grave.

After my fathers death, I organised for him to be burried next to my mother and I know he appreciates it.

The magnolias are for my father and the orchids for my mother, I laid them down gently by their printed graves.

I took out a match and confidently light it onto a candle, thank the heavens the wind isn't blowing today, its just satisfyingly cold.

I waited a while, holding the candle for the melted wax to form onto it, I tilted the candle near the grave of my mothers so the wax could drip down and I can place my candle there for it to stick by.

I repeated the same process for my fathers grave.

Standing still, I paid my respected by saying a sentimental prayer.

Thinking about everything they've done for me in my childhood, I'm grateful and I don't regret anything.

I was about to leave when I heard footsteps behind me, turned my back 180° and saw Kris with his hands in his pockets watching me closely.

"How did you find me?"

"I followed you of course." He came fourth and stood by me to look at the graves. Kris crouched down to read it closely. 

"Why?"

"Its getting late, what if something happens?"

Dammit, he always manages to make me smile even when its the time not to.

He's so sweet, its what I like about him.

"I kind of told you its personal though."

"You told me so many personal things in your life, why stop now?"

I sighed hopelessly, still having thoughts about my parents.

He crouched down to wipe the dirt off my mothers name. 'Park Yeoleum.' He read closely and chuckled a tiny bit.

"What?"

He stood up close by me again. "Summer and Spring."

Not knowing it's a insult or a compliment, I blushed anyways. "Dad named me it since I looked like my mother."

"Your mother must've been beautiful then."

I giggled and slapped him playfully. "So cheesy." I added.

"Its true though." he laughed along. "Are you okay?" he added.

"Why wouldnt I be?" I blinked rapidly, he caught my eyes forming tears as one drop slowly slid down my face on my right cheek.

He took the effort to wipe it off. "You're crying."

"I'm not." I sniffed and closed my eyes.

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

Gazing back at my grave with sympathetic eyes at both my parents. "I miss them."

"They're proud of you." He reassured.

"All 3 of us made a promise, to become succesful," I paused for a moment. "to make our parents smile."

I watched his eyes, them piercing but potentially gentle eyes look at me. "Where are your gloves?"

"I guess I left them at home."

I felt a touch on my right arm and it was his hand bringing my hand closer to his mouth, and soon, my left hand was combined together with my right. He breathed onto my hands to make it warmer.

His breath not only warmed my hands but melted my heart. How can someone like him exist?

Kris then cupped my hands asking if it was better. He didnt give me time to answer, he took off his gloves and slipped them onto my hands.

Its leather, definatly worth alot and yet he gives them to me.

"Should I wait outside so you can have some more time?"

"No, I was about to leave anyways." 

We both bowed at the grave my mother and father was burried in as we left, he had his hand rested on my back, helping me through the way.

"Wheres your car?" I asked without hesitating, looking at the blank road with no car parked by.

"I walked."

"You walked following me?" that was shocking for me.

"You make it sound like thats a bad thing." He sneaked his bare hand to mine, making contact, basically holding onto mine.

I was dumb enough to look at it my hand after he did so and just to my luck, he noticed me looking ~ great. 

"My hands are cold." He suddenly shook his hand making my hand shake too.

"Right." I laughed sarcastically at how goofy he turned to as we headed to my house.

"Bom?"

"Hmmm?"

"I love that we met." 

What was that? I stopped in order to think about it. This may seem silly but it was alot to take in, especially when he's my first crush.

"Is this a confession I hear?" I tried to play it cool but I ended up failing at flirting, I dont even considering it flirting, its worse, I'm so stupid.

"Maybe, what about you?"

"Well, there is this really amazing guy."

"Oh really?" I caught him grinning, he probably knows where this is going.

"Yea, and I like him alot."

"Are you trying to make me jealous of this guy?"

"Why, are you?"

"Just a smidge."

"And he's really sweet." I continued to describe exactly him. "I have fun with him, I'm being well taken care of because of him, I have someone to eat with, someone to talk to, to share a cup of coffee with and I'm really happy to have met him. I think you'd approve of him."

"And whats that guys name?" He peaked at me with eyes that waited for some time to hear the name.

"Wu Yi Fan."

***

I heard screaming inside the house just as my key touched the door lock. I dont know the difference between angry screams and joyful ones ~ thats the problem, its a mystery and I have to find out.

Pushing the door open, I was jumped on by Hana who hugged me tightly, the force she gave in made me stumble a few steps back.

"Woah! ~ Whats the problem?"

She climbed down from me and gave me another hug. "I saw it all!"

"Saw what?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter