Underhandedness

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment I calmed down, I called Jung Hwan early in the morning to come to the hospital ~ I didnt tell him but he probably knows, he probably feels it, he feels that his twin is gone. I hear that twins have this sort of ability where they can feel the others physical and emotional pain. I'm sure he felt what Hana felt.

Me and Kris sat by the bedside watching Hana rest in peace, I don't know what I'm feeling, I guess I'm kind of bipolar today ~ one minute I'm crying a river and the next I'm kind of glad, glad that shs's in a happier place, glad that she can finally meet mum and dad.

"What would you do if you woke up one day to find out that I didnt?" A question that blurted out of my mouth however it wouldnt hurt to hear what he'd answer.

Kris silently his lips as he thoughtfully ran the question through his mind repeatedly. "I'd fulfill every one of your wishes."

"Wishes...?"

"You know..." He begins to jog my memory. "The ones that make you happy."

"And how does that benefit you?"

"Because I know you'll be looking down with a smile on your face."

"Do you think I should do the same thing for Hana?" I questioned, asking for his advice.

"If you feel thats whats right."

The door opened behind us to reveal Jung Hwan in his pajamas underneath a warm eskimo jacket, his hair that was hardly brushed sweeped naturally to the side to show his reddened eyes. He expected it.

Those two...Hana and Jung Hwan are super close, sometimes they leave me out to talk in secret like bestfriends, I didn't mind it though ~ In fact, I found it cute.

"We'll leave you two alone." I wrapped my arm around Kris' to lead him out hoever Jung Hwan stopped me.

"No, stay."

"U-us?" I stuttered, pointing at myself.

"No, just you." He said without looking at me but Hanas body.

I glanced back at Kris and he gave a look telling me he's perfectly fine with it as he kisses my cheek goodbye.

My right foot awkwardly stepped out towards Jung Hwan who stood there not believing whats infront of him.

I can't see him to confirm him crying but the sound of him sniffing and holding back his tears gave hints ~ clear ones.

A little memory came into my mind, how he always comforts Hana by simply holding her into his embrace, he's always doing that just so he could see her smile, even just for a second. Its my turn now.

With the same position, I had him digging his face into my chest, refusing to cry.

He's taller than me so we both had to sit down to even out our heights.

My hand held the back of his head, I smoothly patted his head. "Its okay to cry." I cooed softly.

The sweater I'm wearing right now turned damp just by his tears absorbed through it and onto my skin.

He had his arms hugging my waist tightly like a child not wanting to let go of their mother on the first day of school.

"She's in a better place now." I hushed, to make him feel better, to make me feel better.

Jung Hwan toughened up, letting me go. He relaxed on his seat with drowsy eyes respectfully thinking about Hana, he scooches his chair closer so he's able to hold onto her hand.

"Can you believe it? That you made it this far already? I'm proud of you Hana."

***

Noone else visited the hospital, we had to move Hana right oout and into her coffin.

It's all moving too fast.

Jung Hwan and I carefully picked one that we thought would satisfy to her liking. 

Elegant white with elements of harminous gold and inside is nothing but pure white Satin.

The viewing is today and thats the oppurtunity where close and family friends come by to see the body.

I don't know why but the people who dressed her up had her in black, I personally asked for her in white, black is too depressing but I guess its only for one day.

Her milky skin outshined her black formal dress, her hands rested ontop of her stomach where you can see her wounds.

The wounds that dug deep onto her skin leaving a mark.

The only people in the room were me, Kris and Jung Hwan, the three of her surrounded her in different positions.

I covered my mouth at the sight, its not the first time I've seen her dead but it still has a massive effect on me. 

There are a few superstitions about touching a dead persons body in a viewing but someone like me isn't bothered about such things.

My hand crept onto Hanas forehead, twas a light touch yet her head felt like skin and bones,nothing in between. My jaw opened but my mouth still covered my open mouth. "Its really hard." I informed the boys as I blinked rapidly to prevent myself from crying.

Jung Hwan held onto the same hand like yesterday, he said a few words to himself along with a prayer.

Not long until Mother Yunsoo came with her fellow nuns ~ some I have never seen before. She came prepared with a box of tissues.

Mother held tightly onto the coffin wiping her tears aswell as holding Jung Hwans hands. Me and Kris stood awkwardly in the corner feeling left out like outcasts or misfits.

I'm not expecting anyone else apart from the nuns really...We do have relatives but we kinda lost contact after dad died, plus I was only 9 and I didnt know much ~ they probably forgot we exist.

Its been hours and they're still here crying, I did wonder from time to time how much water they had built up to flow out of their eyes.

Before leaving, mother lead a prayer, everyone apart from me and Kris huddled around the coffin holding hands with their eyes shut tight. 

Although me and Kris werent connected with them, we held our hands together and did join in the prayer by listening and adding in our own thoughts.

In the middle of the prayer we were disturbed by an unexpected guest, its weird, I didnt expect anyone else, when the door opened my eyes widened when the presance of Mr.Wu entered with a boquet of flowers.

He searched through the room as the nuns gave deathly glares which I consider almost a sin, when he found who he was looking for, he went straight to that person ~ me.

He put on a faint smile and stood beside me, i'm in the middle of two Mr.Wu's: Kris and his father.

Mr.Wu held onto the boquet of flowers and stood still signalling for the nuns to carry on with the prayer.

When we all finished, before he could face me, Jung Hwan had to excuse himself from the room.

Kris' father turned to me, holding out the boquet of flowers. "I'm sorry." He sincerely apologised like its his fault.

That apology sounded heartfelt, its weird though, about 4 months ago, he ignored me because of my poor social status,it must be because I'm Kris' girlfriend now, wonder if he expected that ~ I wonder if he's okay with it since normally the heirs would have a partner thats just as good as them but I'm way below average.

Kris and his father started conversing in Chinese whilst the nuns continued to cry whereas I wondered where Jung Hwan was, its been a while.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter