Interval

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I dont know if I should call this a double update? Lol its cuz I normally update every Friday but I'm posting another one because I couldnt wait to post this! Lol I really like this chapter and there is something here that will probably shock you all! Its also significant to the future chapters I guess lol, also because of this chapter, I changed the title to my second option from Condemned Blessing to Like Spring because this story literally keeps referring to the season, Spring, which is also Bom, you'll also see why if you read further down. Some of you probably unsubscribed to this story because of the story update notification because of the title change, thinking you never subscribed to this story, lol I dont blame you and please commeng what you think, I love reading everyones comments! Enjoy!

 

In an instant my heart sunk, I would say it melted since it sounds better but thats not the same as sinking.

My eyes were flashing and closing into slits, I was slurring words randomly blurting out of my mouth ~ What can I say? I'm speechless yet dyspeptic but I kept calm to not let the anger in me show.

 

Bom, you're a woman, a grown woman. Just breathe. I kept reminding myself.

 

Without replying to Chiaoxiang, my hands closed into fists, my face was glazed for a split second before jerking my body forward to leave the room.

I tried to not get seen by Kris but the look on my face seemed not to care.

I found myself outside his lot, my hand stretched out for the upcoming taxi ready to pull over for me. I gave him my address.

Taking glances out the window, I question myself, why am I not crying? Why am I not staying? A girl like me would ask for an explanation before jumping into conclusions.

My mind analaysed deeply but then I just found myself bewildered inside the car. My eyes kept darting back and fourth having no clue in the world. Thats when I realised...

 

...How ed up my life is.

 

Being a strong catholic, as I was raised to be one, is this what God planned for me?

Thank the heavens for the radio inside the taxi on full blast so the driver wouldnt hear me, I couldnt keep in my tears anymore, the more I blink, the more it slowly slides down mh cheek. My vision becoming unclear due to the overflow os water inside my eyes. Having no tissues in my bag, I roughly wiped them away with my sweater causing my cheeks flush into a scarlett red.

We arrived safely infront of my rooftop house, its only 4pm but its quite dark out, the lights upstairs were on, a silhoutte of which appears to be a young boy was caught between my eyes, Jung Hwans home.

Just one step was all it took for me to feel the presance of his eyes taking a glimpse at me. "Did something happen?" He straightforwardly asked, watching the aftermath of my crying face.

"Nothing." I inhaled deeply whilst putting on a smile but the fact that they were tremble and unstable gave it away.

"Noona, please don't be like Hana."

"Hana? How am I like Hana?" Keep on smiling Bom, he'll never know.

"Its just- this scenario, it reminds me of the first time she had a problem."

"What, so do I resemble Hana too?" I screached, giving a piercing cry as I lost it infront of him. "Do I remind you of other girls too?" My eyes leaked with pain and depression. "Do you not love me too? Do you only love me because I'm like Hana?" Like rain in the winter, my eyes poured the truth, my mascata darkened under my swollen eyes.

"Noona, please stop." He walks towards me out of pity, his body towered me to cuddle with him to hush me down. "What happened?" He mummbled.

"You love me right?"

"Why would you ask that? Isn't the answer obvious?"

 

Then it struck me. "Thats exactly what he said." A bitter-sweet memory of me and Kris at the hospital flashed into my mind. I pushed Jung Hwan away from me ~ gently, just to keep a short distance.

"Who?"

I starred him down, hoping I don't have to say his name.

"Oh." He nodds his head, understanding the situation. "D-did you guys break up?"

"I dont know." I frowned with the unclear answer.

"What happened?"

"Shouldn't you know?"

"Excuse me?"

"You said so yourself ~ you and Chiaoxiang are planning to break me and Kris up, it worked." I wasn't mad at him, I wasn't trying to make him feel bad ~ I swear, although it looks as if guilt is eating him out.

Jung Hwan ran his fingers through his hair, pushing it away from his face, he sighs. "I stopped when I told you."

"You must've known what Chiaoxiang was planning though."

My brother his dry lips. "What did he say?"

"Kris doesnt love me." It hurt coming from my mouth, having a single drop of suffer escape from my eye. "I guess I'm just a rebound to him since I look like his ex." I wailed, reaching into a defeaning sob.

His eyes swooped side to side, sweat was forming, giving me the vibe that hes nervous or guilty about something but he played it cool anyways. "So you know now?"

"So you knew?" My face became as white as chalk at the sudden shock. 

"Yes."

"And you didn't tell me?" I scoffed, throwing daggers at him with my eyes.

"No because you looked satisfied with life."

"Yet you hate me because I practically killed our own sister." 

"All you ever do is blame yourself, dammit noona."

"You're so ing bipolar Jung Hwan, I don't understand! Are you mad at me for being with Kris? Or are you sympathising me?" I hissed, it may not be the time but his mood swings leaves me puzzled.

"A little bit of both. I guess thats what love does to you."

Who knew those words could alleviate me? "So this whole time you told about Kris bringing trouble, was it because of that particular reason?"

I could spot his adams apple bobbing out meaning he swallowed down an amount of his saliva. "Hana knew too."

"So thats the reason why she badly wanted me to end our relationship." I harshly sighed. "I should of listened." I hit my head once, blaming myself, again.

 

"I told you he was trouble."

 

 

 

 

***

I went back to my average everyday life before Kris came, this means going back to work and university without having to worry or think about him constantly bugging me to go out with him.

 

Well thats what I thought.

 

Until he rung the pizza place.

"Hello?"

"Hey, can I order 1 medium Hawaiin pizza please?" He grinned over the phone, almost teasing me.

He doesn't get it. Its been 4 days and I've been completely ignoring his calls, ignoring his presance, can't he take a hint?

I wish I could tell him that but remembering this is my job, I'll just play along.

"1 medium hawiin pizza coming up." I answered bluntly~emotionless.

"Wait!" He called out before I could hang up.

"I'm sorry, did you want any sides to your pizza?" 

"C'mon Bom, you know its me."

I shook my head despite the fact he can't see me. "I'm sorry, I don't."

"Why have you been ignoring me the past couple of days? You even left-"

"I'm sorry sir,if you aren't going to order anything else, I assume this is the end of the call."

No answer.

"We'll have your pizza delivered to you quickly. Please call again." I hesitated to add the last part since it is part of what we say, its part of the job but I really don't want him calling again, not like before.

After I hung up on him, I told my boss about the order, he starts making it as I help him until the phone rung again.

 

Please tell me its not him. Please tell me its not him. Please tell me its not him. I pleaded repeatedly.

 

I cleared my throat before answering. "Hello, pizza express, how may I help you?"

"I'd like 1 medium Hawiin pizza please."

 

 

 

Its not him. That voice, its not him. Its someone different. I swear I could scream If i could but that'd be the end of my job.

 

"Would you like anything else, sir?"

"That'd be all."

He intructed me his address whilst I wrote it down. "Thanks for calling pizza express, please call again!"

"Will do." His voice is charming that it has a sort of twist to it.

 

We waited for the 2 pizzas in the oven, my boss packed them in carton boxes for me to deliver.

Kris called first but I decided to leave him last since I'm expecting a conversation out of him, if I did go to him first,then the other pizza would be cold, we wouldn't want a bad reputation in front of an innocent customer.

I followed the directions to the customers house, it wasnt even a house but a castle. I'm over-reacting but really, irs huge. This is the second person who ordered from the pizza place and is rich. I don't understand why they'd order there when they could order someplace else where the food is 5 star. 

But seriously, this place beat Kris'.

The place had a wall and a large black gate before entering, also a secuirity camera with the little device that you can speak into, just like Kris'.

"Pizza delivery." I spoke onto the device that was built into the wall.

"Come in." He instructed, the gate opened automatically, lettimg me and my vehicle drive pass.

I was in this alleyway, I don't know if the rich call this a garden but dammit, its not,its a frikkin forest with flowers well grown and bushes neatly cutted into shapes, what stood out most was the monumental fountain with the sunlight beaming on it as it was surrounded by tiny stepping stones.

Its paradise.

I was almost distracted by the beauty and nature of this place almost causing me to have an accident but luckily I safely jerked out the way. The path I drove on lead to the mansion I saw from a distant earlier. 

Its so milky.

An ivory white that hasnt been touched, its so unblemished that it looks like its just been built, I was afraid to touch the lustrous doorbell. I swear no fingerprint contacted it before.

But fortunatly, I didnt have to touch it. The man who ordered the pizza opened the door.

 

A taller man, no younger, no older than me stood before me. He isn't as tall as Kris but he is tall, I can assure that because every boy is taller than me.

He has coal black hair, it wasn't straight but wavy yet it swept perfectly to the side, avoiding his facialy features including his sparkling eyes and softly pointed nose.

Dammit, why am I always comparing them two, I don't even know this man but I do admit he's good looking.

 

I was lost with words. "O-one medium Hawaiin pizza." I handed him the carton of pizza safely in his hands, after, I laughed nervously.

"Thanks...err..." I almost mistook him as a ert due to his eyes wandering around my body but he was just trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter