Opalescent

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 months, 24 weeks counting, her stomach grew twice the size.

Also her personality grew, she gets displeased at all the small things I do that dont matter, I can't do what I want without her permission, if she she doesnt like it, she protests, making my ears bleed.

I'm not complaining, its her hormones, we only have 3 more months left ~ I can wait that long.

Today, the family were meeting up in the beach ~ its the start of Autumn, the leaves start falling but since its the start, you'd expect a part of Summer in the weather.

We stopped over infront of Jung Hwans house to pick him up, a.k.a Boms former home. Strangely, I think its bizarre for Bom to leave Jung Hwan on his own at the age of 19 ~ but then again, Bom moved out at a similar age (21) and she had 2 underage children to take under her wing. I guess I still see Jung Hwan as a 16 year old, just like my brother ~ Chiaoxiang.

He sat behind me and Bom in the middle of the car. With the back of my head I guieded us to the beach.

There was some traffic and it may have taken us a bit long but its okay, as long as we get there.

 

*** 

 

"Aren't you supposed to turn left?" She opposed to my turn of directions.

Confidently, I say, "Nope.".

Without hurry, she scurries through her bag in search of what shes looking for. Bom held up a map which she opened,taking up most of the space at the front, setting the difficulty level to hard for when I'm driving.

"You have to turn left." She points at the area where we are currently driving at.

"I think I know where I'm going." I eased the tension inside the car by throwing one forced laugh.

"Unless you're leading us to North Korea, I don't think you know where you're going." Bom hissed back ~ doubting my directions.

"I go to the beach almost every month with my family, I drive them aswell, its impossible for me to forget the directions for 6 months."

"So you're saying that its my fault you forgot the directions?"

"No, what I'm sayi-"

"So if you werent with me now, you'd be able to take the right turn."

"Bom, can we not do this now? I'm driving." My eyes took one glance at the rear-view mirror where I found Jung Hwan in the centre, figuring out how to stop our bickering.

"Go back." Her eyes were locked at the road infront of her, her arms crossed, daring to not look at me and not taking no for an answer.

I pretended to not hear her, even though I know I'll be regretting it soon, I don't want to deal with this right now.

"I said you have to go back, I don't want to be late."

"Bom, we're not going to be late and if we are, I'm sure my parents wouldnt mind."

"You have to turn left." Her voice sounded much more demanding than before, making me feel inferior to her.

"I'm pretty sure its the right."

Feeling a rant coming from Bom, Jung Hwan steps in to tame her. "Noona, I'm pretty sure Kris hyung knows what hes doing. He goes there often."

"And how do you know?"

"The last time we went there was with Hana and we saw his family, remember?"

For some reason, hearing her late sisters name possibly angered her even more.

"I'm sorry?" She sarcastically snapped. "Whos sister are you again?"

"Y-yours?"

"You seem unsure." Its like shes making him uncomfortable, putting him on the spot like that is not the Bom I know.

"You're my sister, I'm your brother."

"Then act like my brother."

"Bom, being related doesnt mean he has to take your side." I spoke, keeping my eyes on the road.

"If you're both going to go against me, I think its best for me to leave and take the right turn."

Thinking that she wouldnt, she did, and she did it valiently. She unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door to her liking as I kept on driving. What you can see is the car running whilst one door is hanging out.

"Yah! Noona! Close the door." Jung Hwan holds her back, begging her with his actions.

"More like 'Stop the car.'!"

To make it safer, I stopped without saying a word, silently she gets out of the car without a goodbye. I didnt ask her to come back, it would cause a bigger fight and I know too well that she'd refuse.

Realising she didnt take her bag, must mean that she doesnt have a map, its most likely that shes going to take random turns.

She walked alone through the pavement as we slowly drove next to her. I drove under the speed limit, making the cars behind me honk or drive pass. Bom could tell that we were following her, those sneaky glances she took were adorably cute.

"I've never actually seen Noona act like this. I've seen her on her period, I thought that was bad but wow, carrying twins is worse especially when you're hormonal."

"You get used to it." I smiled, you can call it a proud smile or a smile full of memories that always pop inside your head causing you laughter. I never took my eyes off of Bom, I wanted her to be safe.

"You don't look mad." He referred to my playful grin whilst the car im driving is following Bom from behind as she walks.

"Am I supposed to be 'mad'?"

"Well...yea, I suppose."

"Thats your sister over there, your pregnant sister." I emphasised on the word 'pregnant' to remind him, and me. "We know shes not like this at all, its difficult for her, lets just wait until she calms down."

"Or better yet, I'll talk some sense into her."

"Jung Hwan, I don't think thats a good idea-" I didnt get a chance to finish off my sentance due to him halfway off the edge of the car.

Closely, I observed him escorting Bom who chose to go inside some café when earlier she was the one who didnt want to be late for the beach occasion.

Realising im in the middle of the road holding up people from behind, I parked infront of the café before going in to check on Bom.

I see Bom ordering starters to dessert, this means were going to be here for a while, its so typical of her to order so much, how did I not see this coming?

My table is a few tables away, its not that I'm trying to not get seen, honestly, I dont mind if she sees me or not, either way, I'm still going to be by her side.

A waitress comes by to take my order, hesitating on what to buy, I'm not in the mood to buy anything, I'd rather just wait till we arrive at the beach and have our picnic there but if I dont order anything, they'll send me out.

"One coffee please."

"I'm sorry sir, we don't sell coffee."

"You don't sell coffee in a café?" She shakes her head, making it hard for me to believe. There was a menu on a board hanging up closeby, I took a quick look at each of the nourishment they sell, none of them suits my taste, there was no reason for me to stay anymore so I figured I'll just wait in the car. "Okay, I'll be going, sorry for being a disturbance."

Suddenly, without warning, she tightly grabs my arm back, making me hear what she has to say. "I guess we can make coffee for you."

"I thought you said you dont sell coffee?"

"Sir, it doesnt mean we dont have coffee, consider this on the house." I thought she gave me this free offer because of my social status but then again, I'm not that well known ~ my father is, I prefer my privacy. I thiught that was the reason shes giving me the coffee for free but that was before she threw a flirtacious wink at me.

I shouldnt be blushing but I couldnt help the gush of vermillion crawling up my cheek at any second ~ its not something you should control. Also I ask myself things such as 'Why is my heart thumping?' Or 'Why are my sweat glands releasing so much?'.

I have a theory, this maybe because I havent been given alot of attention lately from Bom, everytime I try to make a move or at least go near her, she either demands space or she 'politely' moves away even though I can clearly feel the death glares.

Even if I dont get alot of attention, this isnt right, is this a sin?

By the time the waitress came back with my coffee, I noticed her s grew bigger. I'm not looking ~ I swear, its just that its clearer than last time that you can spot it from the corner of your eye.

"Heres your coffee."

"T-thanks."

She stood there for a minute or two, watching my every move, I took one sip and straight away it was, "How is it?"

"I-its good....erm...very bitter."

Instantly, she sits down opposite me on the empty chair, leaning towards me with the majority of her chest revealed.

"Do you want some sugar? ~ I can get you some sugar." She insisted.

Her presance is making me uncomfortable to the point where I dont know what to do, I've seen this happen in movies quite alot, I laugh at it often since the girl always seem so desperate but since I'm living the situacion I never thought that I'd live,its quite awkward...especially when I'm married.

. I'm married. Where is Bom?

Ignoring her question, I tilted my chin higher to search for my wife.

As always, when shes with food, shes in her own little world, I watched her scarfing down the food she ordered whilst paying no attention to Jung Hwan who said he'd talk some 'sense' into her.

She's fine without me.

 

Completely oblivious to the waitress who is sat in the same table as me (she should be working),  I'm having the time of my life, sat in a café drinking bitter coffee and being ignored by my wife when I'm supposed to be at the beach with the whole family. Fun.

 

Just then, when I thought things couldnt get any worse, a female police officer tells me that I parked my car on the sidewalk illegally.

"You're going to tow my car?!" I blasted out, causing to have attention drawn to me.

"I'm sorry but its a violation."

"Does money help?" Thats the moment I sounded just like my dad, always getting money involved to solve the problem.

Bribing a police officer is one of the last things I'd do ~ its illegal but I can't loose the car now, we're nowhere near the beach.

"Its already gone."

Frustratedly, I ran my fingers through my hair causing it to become a mess.

"Is there anything I can do to get it back?"

"Maybe..." Instead of the waitress, the female officer winked at me, this is the second time I got a wink, what is this?

In a blink,Bom raced to the seat next to me before the officer could take it.

"I'm dreadfully sorry," I noticed her pout and batt her eyes towards the officer, I couldnt tell if she was doing it to look cute - which is working, or if shes being that fake in the movies that actually puts the effort in to be polite but secretly hates them. "but me and my HUSBAND" She emphasises, leaving a amrk on both women. "have to be going somewhere right now." She clenches her fingers through my left hand as she shows off our wedding rings to make it clear whilst dragging me out of the café with her.

Once we felt the air nourished with nature, she strops to the unknown to sulk. I had no choice but to follow her again but without the car. "So you're going to pull me out then leave me again?!"

"Pretty much!" Her heels clanked onto the floor making the noise echo through the st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter