Pearlescent

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My hands were alarmed, having to reveal her beauty from the veil. My arms became around her waist with content, knowing its not just Bom I'm holding but our future - the child, my fingertips touched the edge of her milky white corset with a bit of the ruffles peaking up from the bottom. her hands lightly clinging onto my chest as we indulged our lips together after hearing the usual 'You may kiss the bride.' - This is the climx of the wedding where it reaches its peak, the best moment of the wedding, and also the last before you celebrate.

Hands grasping together in the background, clapping, not alot was heard since only 4 were invited but 7 attended.

One of those 3 that attended were my parents, I didnt expect them to come but I guess Chiaoxiang slipped a word for them and the other is Mei Ling.

To celebrate, we all met up at a nearby venue, only 7 came however more people are expected to show up, as in close family members of mine and the nuns who raised Bom, Jung Hwan and Hana ~ I made sure if Bom was going to go through with this since some of the nuns dont approve of this relationship of ours, especially when the wedding was in short notice, making it seemed rushed.

 

Me and Bom went inside a seperate car from the others - a black rolls royce. Bom didnt want white since she didnt want to stand out or any decoration such as flowers.

Our hands embraced eachothers as newly weds.

"We're married now." My eyes squinted slightly showing a form of an eye smile.

"Wow." She took at our hands clinging onto one anothers, especially hers, her left hand had the wedding ring on. "Li Bom, sounds odd, don't you think?"

The corners of my mouth lifted up with a small laugh peaking out. "I think we can get used to it."

Bom didnt hesitated to put her head onto my shoulders, making sure that I know she relies on me. Me? I ended it with pecking my lips onto the middle of our hands, sealing our love.

 

We arrived at the venue, Bom went inside the changing rooms to put on something she says she can move in. I went straight ahead and the venue was flooded with people I didnt think was going to come.

I didnt get a chance to react since they instantly shouted out 'Congratulations!' In sync.

Not just my relatives or the nuns but the people my parents work with. I didnt think they'd be her since it would 'ruin' my image.

What my brain thought of first was to look around for an explanation since I am, without a doubt, puzzled.

Just then, my questions were answered, my mother popped out of nowhere, I havent seen her since the wedding reception back at the church and I didnt get a chance to ask why theyre here.

"Mother." I started in Chinese ~ most of the people nearby looked Korean. "What is going on here? Why are you here?"

Reluctantly, she snatched my wrist forming a tight grip on them, pulling me to her way as she finds hard to find someplace else quiet. We ended up in another room behind a pillar.

"What are you doing here?" I repeated.

"Its your wedding day, why would I miss my first borns wedding?"

"Did you forget what happened the last time we talked? I thought you disapproved." My arms folded by themselves. I'm at the position where I looked like the psrent since im 6ft+ whereas my mother is not even near that height.

"I know, I regret saying those things."

"What?" My eyes became inguged into the conversation, trying to figure out every single detail before she explains them.

Before clarifying, I knew she was going to bring the subject up. She kept blinking rapidly, making it her best to not make the tears fall out but her eyes did fade red in a matter of seconds. "I saw someone in her."

"Who?"

"Me." Before her first tear drops down, I held her close to me, tight as ever been, she needs this right now and I'm not going to ignore her like a child because of one fight but that fight lead her to my side.

My mother doesnt like revealing her past. Even to her own family, we don't talk about it because we prefer not to, sometimes I wonder why me and Chiaoxiang even know.

We were inside a janitors closet, as I hugged her, my head moved around, searching for a box of tissues, there was bound to be one in here and there was.

Instead of giving her one, I gave her the whole box, she took one out as I did the same. Voluntarily, I wiped away the wetness in her eyes and the smudges from her makeup, I'm not an expert in makeup or whatever, infact I have no clue how to use it but it looks just as good as she appeared at the church.

I ushered my mother outside into her assigned table, it was the same table where me and Bom were supposed to be sat in, on the journey there, I heard a great amount of 'congratulations' fom people who I have yet to meet.

Seeing as Bom isnt inside the table, I guess she hasnt changed yet, I decided to greet people I actually knew and go around to mingle but instead, Mei Ling had to attatch herself to me.

"Hey, Kris." She calls out for my elbow.

It was tempting to snatch my elbow away but people were watching so unfortunatly, I had to give in.

"What is it?"

"C-can we talk?" Mei Ling sutters, giving me second thoughts. She never stutters infront of me, she's always confident and she feels the need to boss me around but right now it feels like shes intimidated by me.

We kept our distance as I lead her to the same place as I did with my mother earlier, the janitors closet. I had to look twice for people not to see, I didnt want anyone to misunderstand.

Like what I said to my mother who was an uninvited guest, I duplicated my words. "What are you doing here?"

"Tao mentioned you were getting married."

Tao, hes always got a mouth on him, sometimes I wonder why I even invited him. Oh yeah, hes my best friend, also my best man but he can make me feel like hes my ing worst enemy who wants me to suffer.

"You weren't invited." I hissed.

"Its not like I'm trying to seduce you, dammit Kris, you're married now, do you think I would do that?!" She scolded me. "I'm trying to be nice here, can't you at least put some ing effort?"

"Fine." Like the child I am capable of, I rolled my eyes. "Thank you for coming." My mouth mummbled so she wouldnt hear but I'm thinking she did.

"Here." She hands me an envelope from her purse.

"What is it?" I gladly took it, focusing my attention into the envelope which didnt have a name; I'm not sure who its addressed to.

"You and Boms wedding gift, duh."

"You could've just placed it with the rest of the gifts."

"I wanted to give it to you guys personally, I couldnt find Bom but only you."

"Why? are you leaving already?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry its early, I have to go somewhere else."

"Erm...okay...so err...I'll see you around?" I sounded so unsure. I'm not used to situations like these, I guess its a first.

Even though the mood was awkward enough at it is, she went straight in for a hug ~ a friendly hug that I can assure.

I opened the door to see Bom wearing a shorter version of her wedding dress. A white strapless and backless dress with ruffles  poking out, her legs is what caught my eyes. Those thin milky and long legs which stands out.

Nonetheless, what also stood out was her facial expression, one brow was raised, demanding an explanation for as why me and my ex were inside a janitors closet on our wedding day ~ she definatly got the wrong idea.

"Bom!" Mei Ling gleamed and reached in for a hug and those things rich snobby people do ~ especially girls. When they kiss eachother on the cheek but they really dont its just both of their cheeks contacting eachothers. Secondly, her hands held close onto Boms shoulders, making eye contact. "I hope you two the best for the future."

Watching from behind the two, behind Mei Ling and Bom, I stand in satisfaction with a pleased grin on my face, I'm proud of Mei Ling not being her self-centred self for once.

Bom stands open-eyed at Mei Ling, questions floating inside her head, suddenly thinking of what happened to her.  Mei Ling leaves Bom to me on her way out.

"What just happened? Why were you two inside the closet? Were you two doing something? Why did she leave? Did I forget to mention what just happened?" She rampaged me with a bomb full of questions.

"Woah, woah, woah." I slowed her down, taking a step closer within her presance. "One question at a time." With the amount of skinship we had today, I wasnt afraid for more - we are married afterall, which means she is mine and I am all hers. Lovingly, my hands touched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter