Acquiescent

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you guys have a great year in 2015!

 

My arms sneaked their way around Boms tiny waist, rubbing her stomach as I pecked her neck. "This is a gift, we can't just throw it away." I hushed deeply into her ear.

Breathing in, she keenly agrees. "You're right."

"You think we'd ever make it?"

***

A week later, I picked up Bom regardless of how light headed she feels, I even took the risk of letting her inside the car in spite of knowing she could vomit in any second.

"Where are we going?" She hugged onto the paper bag tightly close to her body with one hand.

"Don't worry, it'll be quick." I took one glance at her just to see her perfect side profile.

My hand searched for the brake and it did its job, I saw Boms free hand close by, willingly, I took it for my own to hold, both of us threw in a slight curved smile as I continued to drive to the location.

 

 

I opened the door for her, first off, she looked at the scene, its a graveyard which she instantly noticed, she comes her often ~ of course.

She went on without me, I had something to get at the trunk of the car.

Bom even took the liberty to lead the way, she knows the place all too well, knowing where I planned to go.

Silently, she sat down infront of her mothers grave which was inbetween Hana and her fathers, I joined her when I could and placed a boquet of flowers on each grave with a candle which I lit up not long after.

The wind brushed against her long hair that covered Boms face, making it difficult for me to see her side view. "Why are we here?" she couldnt take her eyes off the three graves infront of her.

"2 reasons."

"And what are they?"

"One is to reflect."

"And the other?"

"I'll tell you later."

 

 

"After my mother died..." It was hard for her to talk about a loved ones death. "I never really thought another member of the family would die so soon..." She her dry upper lip whilst the wetness of her tears surrounded her face. "And after my father...Hana..." Squeezing her eyes shut to the extent where she badly wants the entire world to go away.

My way of comforting her was to cup the back of her head and move her closer to my neck,chest or shoulder. Today it was the neck and for some unknown reason, it felt different from the other times I comforted her, it was something I can sympathise with her even though I dont know the feeling of loosing a loved one.

"Its like death is slowly taking a person away from me one by one." I couldnt see her face but I knew enough where her tears were located so I could wipe them away for her. "What did I do to deserve all this?"

 

 

We sat down respectfully for what we thought was 10 minutes but it turned out to be a whole hour.

The candles we lit up earlier melted down to only a quarter left of its life.

Almost forgetting about the second reason, we both stood up, preparing to leave.

"Bom." I nervously tugged onto her fingertips. She gapes up at me to listen close to what I have to say.

My cheeks grew big as I exhaled alot of air for what I planned to say. "I-I know its too soon," My voice croaked, I know she sensed my lack of confidence. "a-and this isnt the most romantic place."

A smile grew on her face when the word 'romantic' came out of my mouth. "And...?" She anticipates, holding into my hands which uncomfortably sweat.

"But I really wanted to get your mothers blessing."

"About what?" Bom turned a cheek, raising a brow.

"So far, I think she approved." I ignored her.

"Well what about my father?" She decided to play along.

A chuckle slipped out of my mouth. "Fathers are usually scary and intimidating when you ask for their daughters hand in marriage."

Her eyes widened as I felt her hands tense up. "What?" She assumed she misheard me.

"I know its traditional but getting down in one knee is kind of cliché, isnt it?" I reached for my back pocket to grab a small box.

"What are you doing?" Either she still isnt understanding the situation or shes trying to not believe in it.

Assuring her not to worry, I held back both of her hands where one side had the box inbetween our hands. "And I know you like to try things differently, right?" I grinned, continuing back to my sentance.

Finally she realises but doesnt want to spoil the fun, she smirks back at me, nodding her head.

My hand with the box let go of her hand but my other clenched tight onto her other, never letting go.

"Park Bom." I laid my eyes onto hers, knowing she has something unique and special in her, telling me shes the one. Luckily, the hand with the box opened it in one go, thankfully, I didnt look like a fool infront of her. "Will you marry me?" The box revealed a ring.

Bom is the type of person who loves jewellry, jewells in that case but sometimes, there are people who know people more than they knoe themselves, I'm one of those people to Bom.

The ring I picked out specially is simply intricate and luminescent which reflected off the sun, although the diamond isnt as big as what a normal rich guy would pick out, I believed it was something Bom would adore more.

My legs stood straight as I analysed the expression on Boms face, I couldnt tell what she was feeling. What felt like a minute, felt like a lifetime.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Until she grinned devilishly, trying to toy with me. "What do you think I'll say?"

"Erm..." I ran out of words.

"I'm kidding." She wrapped her arms around my neck, leaning towards me for my lips, pressing into mine for a peck. "Yes obviously." She smiles only inches away my lips before we start making out.

Purposley, I laughed to make her stop. "Are we really going to make out in a graveyard?"

 

***

 

Together, hand-in-hand we went back to the car with both of our engagement rings on. For what im about to say, the air for me became rigid. Its Spring but why do I feel so torrid.

 

"You know I love you, right?" I blubbered the minute I sat into the car.

"Why? What happened?" She had an urge to ask me. I understand, its strange not to ask after I suddenly say that out of the blue.

"Because you're pregnant, I thought that you thought..." My adams apple bobbed out. "that this marriage could possibly be an alibi."

"I dont think that, because its not...right?"

Me hesitating ruined it all.

"Oh my God...So you dont want to get married with me? Its just to cover up the pregnancy?"

I straightforwardly grabbed onto her hands to assure her shes safe and so she wouldnt run away before I could explain. "Yes, I want to marry you Bom, but like you said, you dont want horrible words spreading around like having pre-marital . I'm doing this for you so you could be happy and it wouldnt be good for the baby if you're stressing about whats happening."

Instead of letting go of my hands, she firmly cups my face to reach her lips in for a kiss. "I love you so much." She whispers into my ear. Hearing that from her sounds right. "But I'm telling Jung Hwan the truth."

"If its okay with you, its cool with me."

"What about your family?"

"They dont know yet." I grabbed onto the wheel to start driving.

"So are we like...eloping?"

"Not exactly, they have to be there in the wedding."

Bom laid back on her seat wearing a smile. "Glad to hear that."

 

***

Aproximatly a week later, I paid a visit to Bom's house in order to tell Jung Hwan together, both of us sat on the opposite couch with him on the other side directly facing us with a dining table inbetween us.

"Can we make this quick?" he formally asks. "I have to go to school."

"I can call the school later if we keep you in here for too long." Bom sits her brother down. Now I know she wants to take it seriously, that last thing she'd want is to rush this conversation.

"Is there something wrong?" He specifically looks at me in concern.

"I hope you don't look at me differently when I tell you this,"

"Tell me what?" He interuppts, having curiosity begining to crawl all over his body.

"Honestly, I don't know what to tell you first."

"Start with the bad news first." he assumed. "You know, if there is any bad news - just putting it out there." Jung Hwan sugar coats it, preparing to take in whats coming to him.

"I don't know which one's worse, depends on the way you look at it."

Seeing Bom struggle, I didn't want her to take responsibility for this when part of this is my fault. "I think I should tell him."

"No, its weird for the guy to tell his brother-in-law."

"'B-b-brother-in-law'?!" He stuttered. "I'm sorry, I think I heard wrong."

"By your reaction, I'm not sure wether I should tell you or not now." Bom winces back, almost regretting she had to invite me or having this sort ofmeeting

"I'm your brother, your only brother AND your only family member left, you can tell me anything."

"Well it looks like you won't be the only family I have now."

"Excuse me?"

Bom locks her petite hands into mine, telling me we're in this together. "Me and Kris are getting married."

"So I did hear you properly - for a second I thought I had to see a doctor." Nervously, he tries to change the subect by laughing it off.

I couldn't quite work out how he's feeling, it was like when I proposed to Bom in the cemetary, she had a dull look on her face where she wasn't the slightest bit surprised, its the same with Jung Hwan, afterall, they're siblings but the thing is, Bom was only joking, she was beyond happy, but Jung Hwan? They may be siblings but they wont always agree on the same things.

"So...Are you okay with this?"

"Yea, youre 24 now, you can do what you want." He forces a smile. "I jusy didnt expect it to be so early."

"We didnt see this comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter