Delicate

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: I finally made a trailer guys! I'm not a great editor but I have to say i like the trailer however It used to be 3-4 minutes but something went wrong so I had to cut alot out and it wasnt as good as the first time. *sigh* [Aproximatly 2 minutes], feel free to watch it, I took time especially when I was exporting it to youtube and its my first trailer I made #oohkillem. I like it alot and its also found in the foreward so enjoy it!

Also, I'm sorry I havent updated on a Friday, its all because of the trailer, so I made this chapter long, youre in luck because this chapter is like 7000+ words long, unless you dont like it then...whoops? Lol enjoy it anyway :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aren't you happy, ge-ge?"

 

I starred blankly, the name is awfully familliar. "How does she know my real name?"

 

"Jiaheng, I'm your girlfriend." She comes closer into my boundaries.

A flashback of moments came back to my life from 10 years ago at my young age of my first love.

Mei Ling.

Now I remember.

 

Again, Chiaoxiang repeats his question. "Aren't you happy, ge-ge?"

 

"I-I am...

...But she's not the reason."

 

"Why wouldnt you be happy when your girlfriend is here?" Tao scowled at me.

 

I innocently shook my head. "She's not my girlfriend. She dumped me, remember?"

 

"I didn't dump you Jiaheng." She lightly touches my chest.

 

Forcefully, I slapped her hand away. "Don't call me that."

 

"Yah, hyung!" Automatically, Chiaoxiang became alarmed at the sudden action.

 

"Why is she here?" I gave limited responses as I looked at Chiaoxiang with demanding eyes, wanting to know the answers.

 

"M-me and Tao called her. I thought you were happy because you saw her in the club 3 days ago."

 

"Did you set the whole club thing up?" Chiaoxiang and Tao nodded without shame. "I told you, she's not the reason."

 

"Then who is?" Mei Ling jumped in the conversation.

 

"None of your buisness."

 

"Hyung, you misunderstood 10 years ago. You and Mei Ling are still together."

 

"Don't ing lie Chiaoxiang."

 

"Its true." Tao from behind placed his hand on my shoulder, conerning over me with the truth in his eyes.

 

"I didnt dump you Yi Fan."

 

"If you didn't dump me then why havent you been answering my calls? Why didnt you call me? 10 years and I would of actually recieved one from you."

 

"You're the one who hasn't answered my calls." she bounced back at me.

 

"I didn't get 1 call from you. Stop lying." I walked out, not taking it anymore, not wanting to take their side.

 

I went into my room, closing and locking the door, after I leaned against with with my back, pressuring the door with my weight as I slid down and sighed.

 

I sensed my phone vibrating so I took it out, a message.

 

A message from...

 

 

 

 

...Bom.

 

I rushed my thumbs to press on the screen so I could see her message as soon as possible.

 

"Hello."

- Bommie

 

One hello from her was all it took to transform my frown into a sincered smile.

But I dont think its for me, Its too good to be true.

 

 

"You probably got the wrong number."

-Me

 

 

"You don't want me to text you? You said you'd smile if I did."

-Bommie

 

My eyes widened at the thought of her actually texting me, just me, after 4 years.

 

 

"N-no. I just thought that you wouldnt."

-Me

 

 

"Well I did. Hi."

-Bommie

 

 

If I'm a girl, I'd be screaming at my crush texting me. I'd be getting butterflies flying around my stomach.

 

But its strange to say that I am getting butterflies.

 

But then again, she sees me as a friend. And thats all I'll ever be to her.

 

 

"Hi."

-Me

 

 

"So I was wondering if you wanna grab some drinks tommorow? Like some snacks? I mean if you're free."

-Bommie

 

I had to re-read her latest text a couple of times just to see if its real. I pinched myself, ending up with bruises just to see if its real. I had to test my other senses to see if its real.

Why?

Because it sure does feel alot like a dream.

 

 

Luckily...its not.

 

 

 

"Sure."

-Me

 

I would of added more but I wanted to keep it plain and simple, she must've thought I'm not interested but thats not what I'm trying to imply.

 

 

"Cool, lets meet up somewhere."

-Bommie

 

 

"Lets meet up at the train station nearby your house."

-Me

 

 

"Bad idea."

-Bommie

 

 

"Why?"

-Me

 

 

"Nothing. Its fine, lets meet up at 10."

-Bommie

 

 

"Its a date! Okay, see you tommorow."

-Me.

 

 

"Bye."

-Bommie

 

***

Bom and me...

Bom and me out together?

No.

That cant be true.

I laid on my back all night, with thoughts swirling through the back of my mind, I question myself.

Did she really ask me?

My battery went from 57% to 21% just by looking at the text messages over and over again.

Crazy, right?

No matter how tired I felt, my mind was awake, normally this is bad. But for me, its something I cant ignore.

 

When the sun finally rose, I skipped breakfast and was on my way.

"Hyung." Chiaoxiang caught up to me before I could reach the door.

"If its about Mei Ling, dont even think about it." I scowled, walking past him as I walked to the destination.

The train station is near Boms house or should I say nearer to hers rather than mine, I guess you an say we live quite close.

 

Whilst I bought a train ticket for the both of us, I realised how dumb I am. She probably already bought on.

No, she couldnt of, she doesn't know where we are going.

Its 9:45am, I'm early for our meet up, I figured I should go to a nearby coffee shop but I spotted Bom on the way there.

 

"Hey." I greeted the girl with a cherry blossom coat.

"Hi." She smiled with ease. "You look...err..." Its obvious she didnt want to hurt my feelings after noticing my eyebags, its cute actually.

"Ugly?  Unattractive? Repulsive? A disgrace to Homosapiens?" Due to my 'joke' she hysterically laughed to make me feel better.

"No, you're nowhere close."

"Then how would you describe me?"

"Errr..." Instantly, her cheeks flushed red making her flustered. "So what are we doing here?" Bom changed the subject in a flash.

"I dont know, you tell me, you asked me out." I leaned in closer to her ear. "Remember?" I joked, just to decrease the tension to make it less awkward.

"Lets be clear, this isn't a date." She reassured me. "You're the one who wanted to meet up here." She playfully hit my arm as she pouted.

"I sure did." I smiled broadly. "C'mon, I got us tickets, lets go." I motioned her over with my head to come fourth.

My senses could tell me something was wrong. "You mean, were going on the train?"

"Yeah."

"I thought we were just meeting up." She gaped up at me with those colossal dark hazel eyes of hers.

"If we were just meeting up, I would of asked to meet somewhere else."

"I hate trains." She confessed, backing out with her legs and her hands digging deep onto her pockets, hiding away her fear.

"Why? A rich girl like you can't take a train?" She might of mistook my attitude of speaking oldly towards her. "C'mon, I got us first class tickets." I tried to make her feel better even though I didnt really buy any, but I will if it helps.

"I'm not spoilt."

"Then whats the problem?"

"I'm just not good with trains." 

She's never mentioned this when we were dating, then again, the subject of trains never came up. I thought about asking her the reason why she hates it, but are we really in good level in our relationship where I can ask her openly like that? ~ no, she probably sees us as aquaintences.

"Don't worry, you'll be safe."

She frowned like a little kid, quietly refusing to go.

This is where I step in and hold my hand out for her. "Don't you want to do something different once in a while?" I quoted her words a few years back, hoping it rings a bell.

By the look on her face, it did. "Really?" Bom couldnt help but smile, you could see she was trying to hold it in. "You're really going to use my words against me?"

"If it gets you on the train then sure, why not?" I cheekily grinned.

Bom contemplated wether to go or not and she ended up trusting me to get on the train.

She stood close by my side when the train was heard coming closer. The doors slid open for us to come in, it was packed with people; so we had to stand up holding onto the bars.

"I thought you said you bought first class tickets?" Bom bit her lip, whispering behind me, trying to not offend the other people.

I chuckled slightly, trying to play it cool even though I wrecklessly forgot about it. "I thought you said you weren't spoilt?"

 

The journey wasn't pleasant, we're still in the train and the weight increased even more, I almost feel clausterphobic.

My back felt nudged by Bom, I don't know if its because of the bumpy ride or if its on purpose, she kept making skinship with me making body heat. I looked back to check on her if shes alright.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She nods but it doesnt look certain.

Maybe its her fear of trains? I dont know, there isnt much I could do about it but wait until we reach our destination.

Unexpectedly, the train stopped, causing all of our bodys to uncontrollably lunge forward, some people landing on the ground, I managed to stay on my feet. I quickly checked back on Bom who was in someone else's arms.

It was the man behind her.

Luckily she didnt hurt herself.

However her expression didnt look pleased.

The man that held onto her has the looks of a 30 year old janitor, his stubby fingers on his left hand held onto her waist and the other on her thigh.

The man probably didnt notice my presane earlier or even now, he has a sly look on his face which made Boms eyes crash into a thousand panicking words.

 

"Don't ing touch her." I growled without even thinking about the outcome but I had to storm in, that sick man was enjoying it and I couldn't just stand there and watch.

With all the force I had, I reluctantly pulled Bom into my arms, protecting her over him.

Eyes of maybe 20 people had their attention on us, I could sense the judging from their auras.

My eyes glarred as the man stood there with no comeback, he backed down and repeated his apolagies over and over again trying to convince me that he does mean it. That bastard, I bet if that train did that again, he'd take that chance again and manipulate her for his advantage.

That won't ever happen while I'm here.

Knowing Bom, she stopped me from causing conflict by tugging onto my arm. She innocently makes a sign for me to tolerate it. "Lets go." She muttered, keeping her head down.

"But we're not even here-" She dragged my arm with her out of the train before I could even finish my sentance.

Bom grasped onto my arm pretty tight, tighter than she ever did which implied she desperatly wanted to get out of the scene, she had us leave and end up in a alley nearby.

"This is exactly why I hate trains." She kept her head down, keeping me from looking at her face.

My body couldnt help itself, my hand reached forward to tilt her chin up. Her eyes became swollen red as it was overpacked with liquid running down quicker than I could imagine.

As I used to do it before, I'll do it now, I'll wipe away her tears for her just to see her smile again. "Better?"

"Better." Bom closed her eyelids letting one more teardrop fall off.

We were surrounded by brick walls, we walked out of the alleyway to check the place around us. "Okay." I sighed with no hope left in me. "I have something to confess, I have no idea where we are." I wasn't saying that to make her giggle, but she did, and I'm glad. "Do you know where we are?"

"No." She squints her eyes to get a better view of our surroundings. "Are we even in Seoul?"

We analysed the unrecognisable scenerey, the place looked fine, it doesnt spell dangerous but the place looked extinct, noticing the buildings which are designed to look like a folk building.

It has the appearance of a normal town ~ a village is a more appropriate term, it has a market set up in the middle, we're probably in the middle of the town. Its not busy, there is quite a few people arround but not much, if you talked like you would in Seoul, I bet your voice would echo throughout the village.

"Come, lets find out where we are." We walked to the nearest person who looked trustworthy to tell us the truth or not manipulate us.

It's a woman in her mid 40s standing infront of a resturaunt which is freely open to customers yet hardly anyone was found inside. Its around 12, shouldnt there be at least 1 customer?

"Mother." I greeted with respect with a bow using my body whilst Bom followed closely behind.

"Hello." She flashed a smile, delighted to see us.

"Do you know where we are?"

"You're in Yongin ~ the closest village to Seoul."

At the corner of my eye, I could see Boms attention focused on me, putting her faith on me to lead us out. "Oh, well erm, thank you mother."

"Thank you mother."

"Come again!" She kept a peppy side to her.

We left empty handed leaving us to have some form of sympathy for her.

I don't know about Bom but the first thing that popped in my mind is to leave the village, she was probably thinking it too.

Whilst walking silently back to the train station, I coldnt believe we stayed in the train for an hour without even realising.

I blame myself for getting lost into my own thoughts. I also blame myself for leaving Bom to get molested by that bastard.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"For carelessly leading us to the unknown, not noticing you being d by some 50 year old" I exaggerated, but it was sincere. "And for not considering your fear of trains."

"I don't have a fear of trains."

Puzzled, I bobbed my head at Bom. "But you said you're scared of-"

"I didn't say I was scared nor did I say I fear it, I said I hate trains. There's a difference."

"What makes you hate it so much?"

"The people who get on ~ I'm not being prejudice, judgemental or anything like that. You just can't trust alot of people these days."

"Oh so you have trust issues."

Stomping her feet, she denies it arrogantly. "What? ~No I don't! You have to stop assuming things, its a bad habit."

My laugh became contagious, expressing my emotions through amusement. "But you just admitted it." 

Bom rolled her eyes stubbornly. "Lets just say there's a story behind it all."

"Are you going to tell me this story?" My eyebrows furrowed, I made a certain expression on my face to try and convince her to tell me.

"If you behave."

"What am I? Your dog?"

She lets out a slight laugh from .

We arrived back at the train station and ended up facing the board where the time schedules of the train are.

Turns out we're going to be here for a while, the next train coming back and heading

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter