Failure

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Prepare yourself for a longass chapter and some mature content ;) teehee.

This has been the longest chapter I have ever written omg. [6800+ words if you're wondering.]

But please make sure you read it all because its a really important chapter and its something you dont want to miss and it will relate to the future chapters coming. :D thankyou <3

A full rest I havent had in a long time yet I didn't enjoy it one bit.

After sending them off to school, I built up some courage to change and head out.

But I wanted to make a stop before there because right now the emotional pain inside is eating me out and I need someone.

I need someone to actually take care of me.

The sun began to rise higher as I stood outside the building, the building I use to live in and the building I practically grew up in.

Before going in, I already got noticed by one of the nuns.

"Bom?" We were aproximately 10 meters apart; she had to bend her back forward and cover her eyes from ghe sun to get a good glimpse of me. "Is that you Bommie?"

I nodded and bowed to her for my respect.

She is old, one of the eldest but she wasnt afraid of breaking her back or any part of her body when she ran up to me and squeezed the life out of me. To be honest, I'm touched.

"Bom-ah! I havent seen you since you left, its been almost a month and a half, why havent you come to visit?"

I have but I don't want to break her heart to tell her I only came to see Mother Yunsoo, but she's the mother who's always nagging me and the twins about lying.

"I do visit, often actually." I pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You do? I must've not seen you, come, have you eaten yet? And where are Jung Hwan and Hana?" She had her hand behind my back and lead me to the kitchen.

"They're at school." She sat me down at the main table with some nuns I have seen before but never really got to know or talk to.

I may have stayed at this place nearly my whole life but I don't talk to much of the nuns, Hana and Jung Hwan do, they're the more outgoing ones, me? ~ I just quietly talk to the ones I already know, the senior nuns.

"So what brings you here?" 

"Actually, I've come to see Mother Yunsoo."

"Okay, I'll take you to her."

"Thank you."

She took me to the room I always go to to talk to Mother Yunsoo whenever I visit. Its weird how I come here frequently now whereas when I lived here, I never knew this room exists.

I bowed but Mother Yunsoo didnt take notice.

Mother Yunsoo was sat at her desk reading a book out of one of her shelves, she saw me come in and I helped myself to a seat. Noone talked until Mother Se Na left ~ she must've got the hint that we wanted to talk in private.

Before speaking, Mother Yunsoo put her book back on the bookshelf

"Does this have to do with Hana again?" Mother expected.

The fact there is no greeting, she musn't be in a good mood. Is this the right time?

"Part of it." My voice croaked, signalling how nervous I am and to show how important it is to me.

"Part of it?" she repeats and I nodded. "Who else? Jung Hwan?"

"No..."

"You?"

"Yes..."

"What happened?"

"You know that boy I told you about?"

"The Chinese one?" she refferred Kris to his race.

"Yes, him."

"The annoying one, you say? ~ But then you turned out to like him." she smiled, looking down and fiddiling with her fingers.

I giggled and repeated her actions. "Heh, yea."

"Are you two...?"

"Yes, he's courting me." I informed her with another smile. I'm happy.

"For how long?"

"About 2 weeks now, maybe 3?"

"Thats good news, isn't it?" She beamed at me, almosy congratulating me.

I couldn't look at her straight in the eye. I kept fiddiling with my fingers and since I'm facing down, a tear dropped from my eyes and didnt even touch my face like it normally would. "I guess." I shrugged my shoulders and pulled 2 strands of each side of my face behind my ear.

"Oh dear." Mother commented, getting up to grab a tissue, wiping my tears like she always does. "Tell me, what happened?"

I gaped at her and sniffed before speaking. "I've been keeping a secret."

"From who?"

"From you, Hana and Jung Hwan."

Mother folded her arms and I guess she's mentally preparing for some unfortunate news she's about to hear.

"You know Chiaoxiang?"

"That boy who torments Hana and Jung Hwan?"

"Yes, he's actually...err...brothers with Kris."

"And did you know about this before?"

"Yes..." The amount of guilt piling up on me is horrifying. I don't like it. I don't like it at all. "But I did try to move away from Kris at the start." I tried to show some innocence. "But whatever I do, he keeps coming back and eventually we started to have feelings for eachother." She handed me another tissue as I explained to her whilst forming more tears.

"Does Hana and Jung Hwan know about this?"

"They found out yesterday, Chiaoxiang told them, I wonder what else he must've said to make them this angry at me."

"So, what did they say?"

"Hana didnt believe it-no, she didnt want to believe it." I made it clear as possible.

"So what are you gonna do?" 

I hesitated and took my time, and as patient as she always was, she waited.

"Right now, Hana and Jung Hwan are my priority."

"So that-"

Without thinking, I interuppted her, not even knowing she spoke. "I have to grow up and think about my studies first."

"Is that really what you want?"

"I didn't know growing up meant dying inside but hey, its whatever." I bowed my head and burried my face onto my bag that sat on my lap, I couldn't let her see me pour my tears out.

It was good that the seat I sat on was uncomfortably wide. Mother awwed and didnt wait another second to sit down next to me and comfort me, having her arm around me like a mother would to their daughter.

"I feel that you should do whatever makes you feel happy." She rubbed her hand up and down against my shoulders.

I sat up properly, wiping my face. 

"But if I'm with him, they won't be happy and obviously, I'm happy when the twins are. But if I'm not with him, I'll probably end up depressed and end up alone forever. Breaking up with him is and option, but this is something I can't come to do. I'm torn." I cupped my hands onto my face, not wanting mother to see me cry a waterfall again.

I could feel some wise words about to come out of .

Its an instinct I always get. It will either make me feel worse or better, there is no inbetween.

"Sometimes, we need to be hurt in order to grow, we fail in order to know, loose in order to gain, some lessons are learnt best through pain."

"It hurts, it truly does."

"I never thought I'd see the day you'd cry because of love. But here we are now." She laughed it off. It seemed forced and she was obviously trying to make the situation and the atmosphere happier. "My Bommie learned to love."

***

Thinking and thinking about the situation all over again as I walked down the road. I swear I was about to get a migraine from thinking way too hard, I thought too much it almost hurts physically.

Mother told me that Hana should see what Kris' attitude is like towards me and the family.

Mother had an idea that Hana musn't like Kris because he might be exactly the same as Chiaoxiang: ill-mannered, disrespectful and discorteous.

But he's not ~ Infact, he's the complete opposite.

I ended up infront of the twins' school, I dont know how but maybe it was destined, maybe God wanted me end up here.

And there I stood but I have a weird feeling in my stomach. The kind you get when you know there is trouble. Possibly a sisterly instinct? I always thought twins had it but maybe I do too. I did not like this feeling.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my mind that potentially could solve everything.

Kris can come over for dinner tonight to show them how good of a person he is. Obviously, I have to inform Hana and Jung Hwan right now since I'm infront of their school and they will certainatly not like it if Kris comes unexpectedly without them knowing.

I really have a good feeling but there is something there that is mixed in with the bad.

They allowed me into the school, everything is still the same.

I went here when I was Jung Hwan and Hanas age and its still how I remembered, some teachers I knew and some are new.

The ladies at the office handed me their schedule and it's almost lunchtime, thankfully, I could tell them at that time.

But right now, Hana has maths class whereas Jung Hwan has Chemistry.

Maths is the nearest ~ the first thing that appeared in my mind.

I headed to the second floor where the maths hallway is, they have windows on the door so I could take a little peak, just hope they don't see me or at least know who I am.

The window didnt show everything, I had to move around a bit to see Hana and my head was fixed at a certain angle.

This door isnt sound proof, the sound waves of their voices were easily heard and easily going to my ears.

I finally found Hana who is on the 3rd row.

And whats that? She looks pissed off by her facial expression, I havent whitnessed her like that before. 

I wonder why.

The devil.

Chiaoxiang is sat behind her, I see him throwing crunched up paper behind her and shes bearing it, I would say something about this if I was her.

"Hey !" He called out and I'm hoping he didnt reffer to Hana however I do assume he did.

Hanas jaw changed, you can easily see her gritting her teeth.

"Turn around when I'm talking to you." 

I dont understand why the teacher is not saying anything, this is obviously classified as bullying, why doesnt he stop? Why isnt the teacher doing anything?

All I see is him doing his job by writing on the board some math equations, yes ~ he's doing his job, very well actually but there's another part of the job of being a teacher.

Its to keep his/her class under control.

Right now, I'd rate him a 0/100.

Literally, noone is paying attention. Gossiping by the girls, eating is easily shown when they're not supposed to, and almost every one of them is on their phone.

Except for one person.

Park Hana.

But for now, she's probably thinking about how to get Chiaoxiang and his so-called 'crew' off her back.

"Yah!" Chiaoxiang threw another piece of paper.

Hana rolled her eyes and turned around, asking what he wants.

"Have you ever wondered what a troll looks like."

"No, I don't."

"Well, I'm looking at one now."

What the hell? Is that supposed to be a diss? Even kids half his age can do better.

Hana turned back around, ignoring the cackles of Chiaxiang and his classmates. 

I can see how hard she tries to focus in class and I admire her for that.

"Hey Hana." He calls for her again, I'm surprised he actually addressed her by her name.

Hana turns around hoping a change of heart has come to Chiaoxiang.

He leans in closer to whisper something. I couldnt hear it but he probably crossed the line.

Before I knew it, Hana slapped him, a red mark printed om his right cheek and the whole class moved their eyes towards them making the atsmosphere tense up.

"Miss.Park, that is inappropriate behavior, please stand outside the classroom and I'll have a word with you later."

'Inappropriate behavior' my . Chiaoxiang deserved that, I may have not heard what he said but he got whats coming.

"Good, I dont want to be here anyway." Hana got her bag from the floor.

Before I could see anymore, I ran away to the nearest pillar to hide behind it so she wouldnt see me.

I watched closely from a distance and she stormed out of the classroom, leaving the door open.

"If you're going to leave, go to the principles office, you know the way." He bawled so she could hear since she was halfway out the maths corridor.

Luckily, she didnt see me.

At that moment, the bell rung, signalling lunch time, it went pretty quick and it was just on time.

"Class dismissed." The maths teacher sighed as he sat on his desk.

I eyed the door carefully, waiting for Chiaoxiang to come out.

I don't care if students catch me, obviously they'll have some thoughts about me since I stand out from the crowd because of my normal clothes whereas they wear uniform.

Chiaoxiang is taller than me and he may be 16 but there's a possibility that he's stronger.

But I went for it, I grabbed his hand before he could go anywhere else. His first glance was by looking at my feet and sliding his eyes up to my head.

His friends noticed and started teasing him and me, to be honest, I almost puked.

"Who's this Chiaoxiang? Another girl you got for tonight? She looks like a noona."

"Noonas are really good in-"

"No." Chiaoxiang cut his friends off as he jerked her arm away from my hand. "What are you guys thinking? Look at her, she's low class."

"Excuse me?" I placed one hand on my hips and raised a brow.

"Why are you here?" He looked down on me

"Is she someone you know Chiaoxiang?"

"Unfortunatly, yes." He rolled his eyes, giving me the attitude.

"I need to talk to you." I looked at him directly in the eyes.

"I don't." He ignorantly walked north with his friends, blowing me off.

I am not going to stand here and be humiliated because of him and not get what I want. If I have to kidnap him, I will.

I swiftly followed him and grabbed his arm, tugging on him to follow me, he has the strength to run away, why didnt he use it? It was too easy.

But I'm not here to wonder why he didnt run away.

I went to the nearest place where we can get privacy.

"What was that about?!" I didnt take it easy on him, I literally talked to him like a bomb that just blew up.

"Don't take it personal, but I have a reputation and my friends-"

"I'm not talking about your friends, I could care less. I'm talking about Hana. Why are you still bothering her?" I threw on my best piercing gaze, I wasn't afraid to lash out on him right her right now. I'm furious and it was easily told.

"Just because you're dating my brother, doesn't mean I'm going to stop."

This spoilt brat.

"Is your skull really that thick?"

"Pardon?" Did he just say pardon? Frankly, I thought he'd use something informal.

"Have you even apologised to them?"

He placed his lips on a firm line and shook his head carelessly. "Never really thought about it."

"You disgust me."

"And why is that?"

"You're a heartless little boy who cares about nothing but having fun and tormenting people for your own pleasure. I bet Hana and Jung Hwan arent the only people whos been victimised by you. You're in your own little world where you think you're the king and everyone else has to bow down to you, well you need to wake up to reality because when you go out to the real world, noone is going to respect you if you keep this attitude up."

"Are you telling me to stop? ~ What if I dont? Ohhh, I see, you're going to run up to my brother like a helpless little and probably hypnotise him to make me apologise."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter