Fervour

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I thought you hated him."

"The words Chiaoxiang said affected me."

 

 

So this is how far Chiaoxiangs jealousy went up to, just to tore us apart but now that he's got a girlfriend he's happy with (i hope) he wouldnt meddle with our relationship.

 

"I d-dont know what to say." Boms expression said it all, she's staggered.

"All I have to say is 

Please be happy with whatever you're doing because this time you have my full support."

 

After whitnessing all of that, I decided to leave the pair of her heels beside a coffee table before leaving. If I intruded into their conversation, I'm not sure how they'll react.

As for me, I'm not sure if I'm delighted or miserable.

Without realising, my feet tip-toed to the car, inside was my phone that lit up uncontrollably.

 

 

"Me and Luhan are by the cake shop."

"Where are you?"

"Are you with Bom?"

"Come here, we're waiting."

"Luhans asking where Bom is."

"Stop ignoring my texts."

"Pick me up."

-Mei Ling

 

Just as I threw my phone away onto the leather seats, it rings my addictive ringtone, making me answer it even though its obvious I'm going to get nagged.

 

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"I took Bom home, it started raining."

"Why were you even with her?" Envy was shown clearly in her voice, like one of those obessed girlfriends ~ not that she is my girlfriend.

"We got lost." I replied bluntly.

"Never mind, Luhans on his way to her house, come pick me up, I'm alone."

Biting my lip, millions of thoughts crossed over my mind, my concious telling me yes but somewhere inside me, something is screaming no.

Sighing as I know I cant just leave her there, I agreed. "I'm coming."

 

 

 

Traffic isnt as long as it usually is, it only took a couple of minutes whereas with Bom, it took quite a while earlier ~ not that I'm complaining.

Swiftly, I parked by to where Mei Ling was standing, oddly she stands there without getting in.

Without getting out, I opened the window of the other side of the car, motioning her to come inside. "What are you doing? Get in."

"We need to talk."

Normally, when a woman says that, the male would feel inferior in a click but I knew what was coming. Calmly, I got out of the car to talk to her.

 

 

"I know you didnt get 'lost'." She folds her arms, ready to lecture me. "And Luhan saw it too."

Well thats different. 

" He did?"

"Yes, and you still havent answered my question."

"I already did."

"I want the truth coming from your mouth."

"You might regret it."

"I already am. Jiaheng, I just want to hear it from you." When she demands for something, I get irritated, wanting to ignore her but this time its not the same. ~ She's actually asking, politely. And the tone in her voice, its tranquil but not at all contented.

Finally giving in, I say, "Yes, I do ~ So much that I forgot who you were."

"But she doesnt love you."

"I wouldnt be so sure with that, Mei Ling."

"Jiaheng, she's with someone else, you can't change that."

"And you can't change the fact that I don't love you anymore." Its harsh, but its the truth and I tried giving hints but she won't listen.

 

 

"I don't ing understand," She blew up, thats what happens when she doesnt get her way and after her sad expressions, I thought she changed over the years. "I loved you, I thought you loved me and I gave you everything, but you left me for her ~ why?"

 

"Thats the thing, 'loved', its all in the past."

 

The heavy rainclouds in her mind let loose their turbulent nature.

 

"Mei Ling, don't cry." I failed at comforting her with the appearance and posture of a cold person who wouldnt even touch her.

 

But her emotions only got worse. Already, she's crying a river with ragged currents flowing down her cheek which left marks of her eye makeup.

 

"If I drown in my own tears, that would make you a murderer because all the tears are your fault."

 

"I'm sorry." I shamefully apologised even though it wouldnt make a difference.

 

She leaves me with a form of a cliff hanger, wondering if she will ever forgive me or not. "Forgiving doesn't take the pain away."

 

"Well what do you want me to do?"

 

"Isn't it obvious?"

 

"It doesnt work like that."

 

"It kills me inside knowing that you won't look at me like the way you look at Bom."

 

"Whenever you feel down, remember that I once looked at you like that."

 

 

 

 

***

 I've been happy lately, I feel free.

I even had the audacity to get out of my room, let alone the house.

It's been 3 days since I've heard Boms confession, and I'm not worried about wanting to see her or contact her, I'm just satisfied knowing she still loves me.

To be honest, its like I've been released from rehab.

 

Walking down the streets of Myeongdong, I spotted Tao eating at a noodle house alone.

Slyly, I sneak up to his table without him noticing. "I see you havent invited your only friend to eat with you." I spoke out of the blue in Chinese.

Taos body flinched after hearing the cold tone of my voice. "You're not my only friend." He offers me a seat, grinning.

"Knowing you don't speak or understand Korean yet, I think its safe to say I am you're only friend in here."

"Whatever." He mimicks as he takes a sip down of his lemonade.

Gently, I took it from his hands, downing it down with the same glass. "How did you communicate with the workers here anyway?"

"Its a Chinese noodle house," He points at the sign that lit up behind me. "Incase you didnt notice. Plus, I know some words." Tao added to prove his point.

"Why are you here?" I ask as I intruded his bowl of noodles, taking some for my own. 

"Yah, you're rich, get your own."

"I forgot my wallet and besides, you're rich too, buy me some food." I teased.

"It should be you treating me out, instead I'm here avoiding Mei Ling."

"Mei Lings here?" Hearing that name, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, she's been on my case lately."

"Is this because of-"

"Yes, its because of you." He looks at me with lack of friendliness.

"I told her from the start, I'm not interested."

"She mentioned someone~ Spring. Who is she?"

 

My smile grew pressed, my cheeks gradually turned into a rosy red, without hurrying, my teeth were revealed. Finally the smile reached my eyes, lighting them and causing them to crinkle at the corners after hearing Spring.

"How do I explain this?" Continuing to smile like an idiot. "She's someone special to me."

"Is it that girl you couldnt get over?"

I proudly looked at him in the eyes. "Yes."

"Must be someone precious."

"Very."

"But what happened?"

A flash of what happened beamed into my mind, I only ended up with a demure smile. "Maybe next time I'll tell you." I lifted myself up from my seat, patting Taos back before leaving the building.

 

 

 

 

 

 

My arms swayed simultaneously, back and fourth across the pavement. I physically stopped once I saw Bom sat at a bench alone with coffee in her hands with the steam languidly escaping from the cup.

Its ironic how I was just talking about her.

But I described her as someone special, which means she brings happiness to me but today she has a vibe coming from her ~ a meloncholy kind.

I analysed her body; she's trying to keep her head held high but theres clearly something thats pulling her head down or dragging it down.

Her appearance isnt the best today, her long hair is let loose, makeup is simply done and her outfit isn't chosen carefully but the weirdest thing is that I couldnt take my eyes off of her.

 

Eventually, I mustered up some courage to appear next to her. "Mind if I join you?"

Suddenly, she puts on a fake smile where she thinks that I wouldnt see right through, making sure I won't worry about her. "Sure." She scooches over to make room for me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter