Crystalline

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He knew it was wrong, but since that morning when he oozed some of his burning bitterness, he had gone out of his way to avoid Kyungsoo.

Kai had also been ignoring Chanyeol, but this was easier to do than it was with his roommate; he didn't have to see the giant everyday.

At the beginning.

Yet, only after a day or two did he notice an increase in Yeol hanging around his apartment and not just for Jongin's 'warm' company. It was strange for him to have his best friend come over to his place and not even say a word to him.

Instead, the last week or so he'd spent sulking in his room alone, texting his (sparse) other friends and studying so that he'd have a valid excuse to be so anti-social. And usually he was doing all of this while listening to music to avoid the sounds of sin screaming from the next room over.

All of this though, was starting to box him in and after wearing thin most of his other contacts, he found all that he had left were the books and even that seemed empty. So today he'd decided to try to fix up his mood and go hangout with his other best friend, Sehun.

"Of all the people in my life, you take the cake for the one with the worst timing," Sehun opened the door and gave Kai a faux look of frustration.

"Not right now Hun ... I'm not up for you being an ."

"I'm always sarcastic ... if you weren't up for it, what did you expect to get from coming here?" well Sehun was making a solid point.

His pale friend was almost never the person to take his problems to because he was the least likely to sugar coat things or feel sorry for him. Sehun was smart and for some reason this made his friend very cold when it came to the feelings of others.

This was actually one of the reasons Sehun and he had become friends in the first place; no one was as honest as the pale boy. The issue arose though that Kai couldn't bring all his problems to Sehun and try to just dump them on him because it would end up in a ton of teasing and a lack of sympathy.

"Can I come in or ...?" Jongin pouted which was the only kryptonite that he ever had with Sehun.

"Yeah, yeah," his pale friend stepped out of the way, "but I'm leaving really soon and I won't be able to just mess around."

, that was all Kai really wanted to do right now. He had thought that maybe playing around might take his mind off the sting he felt from his current situation.

"Where are you going?" seriously, where could Sehun be going out to on a sunday night? This wasn't exactly anyone's ideal party time.

"The same place I go every sunday night," Hun walked over to the couch and took a seat on the edge of the cushion, "I'm surprised you're just finding out about it ... every sunday night Yeol and I take the boys from the garage out for drinks, our treat."

"Why?"

"We treat them well so they know not to leave us for a competitor," Sehun finally sat back a little more, "plus, monday's one of our slowest days and we open up late, so it makes sense to give them a reason to sleep in."

Kai didn't want to try to poke holes in that argument -- though he could see many places where he could -- and instead scowled at thoughts of Chanyeol.

"....that's nice...."

"So let me guess, you're not interested in talking about my job," Sehun adjusted himself and began messing with the buttons on his shirt, "I really don't have long so I'm going to have to cut to the chase ... what's going on little Kai?"

"I'm older than you."

"I'm not the one still in school though," Sehun looked over to his bedroom, "or having boy trouble ... which I'm guessing is why you're here today."

He sheepishly averted his eyes because he had been figured out so easily, "It is ...."

"Uh-huh," Sehun finished with the damned buttons, "so you wanna tell me what's going on?"

"Don't you already know?"

"Know what?"

He couldn't help but blurt it out, there was no way for his brain to pretty up these words which he reviled so much, "Chanyeol is ing Kyungsoo."

What frightened Jongin though was the lack of shock or upset on Sehun's face, "you're telling me this ... ?"

"So you're completely alright with our best friend cheating on his boyfriend?"

"What Yeol does in the bedroom with other people is no business of mine," the pale one stood up, "and usually it wouldn't be yours either ... be honest, you don't care about the Baekhyun part one bit, you care about Kyungsoo being involved."

"I care about Baekhyun too!" why did this have to sound so obviously false, "I don't want Yeol to ruin the most significant relationship in his life."

"What if he leaves Baekhyun and starts another significant relationship with Kyungsoo though? You don't know what the future bears, things flip-flop and change with ease ... so why don't you be honest with me and yourself with why this really upsets you."

Kai crossed his arms, of course Sehun would be able to sift through his argument so deftly. "Because Kyungsoo is supposed to be mine ... I thought I made it clear that I wanted to woo him and develop something special with him and Chanyeol just steps in and ruins everything I was building."

"Well, Kyungsoo isn't 'yours'" his pale friend stepped out of the room and came back with a tie, "he's not anyone's ... he's not property ... but if you wanted to start a relationship with him, you should have moved faster."

"No, I shouldn't have! You're supposed to take things slow, I didn't want to force him into things that he wasn't completely sure about," he could feel himself getting worked up, "I was being responsible and yet somehow Chanyeol gets to reap the rewards and it's just ing bullcrap."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter