Double Bubble Trouble

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First day with Chanyeol wasn't so bad and the giant was very careful with not wearing his kind-welcome thin. Dynamics had shifted and Yeol was no longer the only power player in Kyungsoo's love life nor was he the most invested.

 

This change seemed to sink in for real when it came to sleeping arrangements and that was mostly because of Soo. Kyungsoo had been retiring early the last few nights and making it a point for his room to be off-limits. He didn't explicitly state it, but the lack of light and the closed door said all that needed to be said.

 

Yeol had been floating between sharing Kai's bedroom and sleeping on the couch and the younger was alright with this. Did it keep the younger away from his room with Soo, where he'd rather be? Surely, but did it also keep Chanyeol away from the red head's bed, where he'd rather be? Absolutely.

 

He wasn't sure why the older was doing this, but he was thankful for it; it made it easier for him to have his way without anyone being the wiser.

 

So why was Kyungsoo still awake right now?

 

Jongin was resting on the floor with his books in front of him because he desperately needed to study for an exam that was coming in music theory. Which left Soo and Yeol the couch and certainly they where taking advantage of this moment.

 

The giant was sitting up watching the television, petting Kyungsoo's soft curves while the older sprawled himself across the couch and into Yeol's lap with a book in his hands.

 

Soo wasn't studying though, instead reading over an old cook book Chanyeol had gotten him in a recent, spontaneous trip to the flea market.

 

This was a problem; even if tides had turned and now Kai was in the lead for Soo's heart, Yeol had a big one up on him. Chanyeol could actually spend money. Unlike Jongin, he could take Kyungsoo places and buy him things.

 

And so while Kai could give unadulterated time and all his feelings and warmth, Yeol had the bank. Bank speaks loudly and even someone as pure as Kyungsoo can't avoid it's volumous catcall.

 

"Did you enjoy this morning?" oh right, apparently Yeol and Soo had been able to get down and gritty in the wee hours of dawn while Kai peacefully slept.

 

Another obstacle that had arisen; Yeol was an early riser and Soo was easy to wake, but both of those traits escaped Jongin entirely. He struggled just getting prepared for his morning classes and he was always very thankful that he escaped most of those except twice a week.

 

Kyungsoo purred and clearly the giant was taking that as a 'yes' because when Kai sneaked a peak, he could see the giant's hand slipping into more private areas. Yeol was being so forward and on the couch no less.

 

"And you like your book too?"

 

Purr, purr, purr, that was Do Kyungsoo right now, purring 'uh-hums' while he diligently read his cookbook like a retro house-wife. All that Soo really needed to complete the description was a big bouffant and a nice little black bow to hide where the hairspray met the bangs.

 

The older was already wearing the little, checkered blue shorts (also compliments of Chanyeol) and a white, gauzy blouse (Yeol and Soo had gone on a rather large shopping trip while Kai slept the day-to-noon away). And the older finished the look with his favorite ankle socks on, the nice, bleached white pair that matched his shirt and made him slide a bit each time he took a step.

 

After he woke up so late, Kai immediately had to go to class and because the red head and the giant were out-and-about, he had to scrounge up some money and take a cab to uni. The only reason Yeol probably even showed to pick him up later in the day was because he had to pick up Kyungsoo from his class in the late afternoon as well.

 

But Jongin held tight to what he knew and what he knew was that even with Yeol doing his best to whine-and-dine Kyungsoo, and even with all his cash, Kai was on the winning path. Whenever he felt jealousy well up in himself against Yeol, he simply tamed his tensions with thoughts of how Soo was responding much better to his approach than to the giants.

 

In the end, it was Kai who was treating Kyungsoo with the dignity he deserved; he wasn't the one caressing the older like a household pet to hear indecent gratitude.

 

"You've gotten a little doughier lately," Yeol was musing, but Kai knew that the Soo wasn't going to see it that way and the younger felt deeply uncomfortable at the storm he could feel coming, "at least since we'd first met ... don't get me wrong, I like it ... I didn't think I would, but it gives me something nice to dig into when we're at it and to hold onto when we're done."

 

Soo shut the book and stiffened himself, "I think you're mistaken Yeollie ... I've maintained almost the exact same weight since we've met."

 

"That can't be true," still the giant was stupid and if Kai was cruel, he'd allow this exchange to continue, but he wasn't and he needed to end it for the both of them, he just didn't see an opening on how to yet, "your cheeks look fuller ... both sets of them-,"

 

"No, I know I've maintained the same weight," Kyungsoo was adamant, "I weigh myself everyday and I haven't put on an ounce since I met you and certainly I wouldn't gain enough for noticeable differences in a month."

 

Chanyeol seemed to be getting that he'd stumbled into thorny territory because he stopped himself right before he was about to respond. The silence gave Kyungsoo a chance to sit-up completely and then Yeol 'really' seemed to get it.

 

Jongin rolled his eyes away from their direction because this was one of those many times that his best-friend being oriented the way he was served as a hindrance. While Yeol was bi, he certainly had a very het mentality on how to treat his partner and part of that state of mind meant that he never knew when he was hitting a nerve till it was too late. After years with Sehun and his Umma and the other women and gays that Kai had come across in his life time, he'd learned that none of them were ever up for a discussion about their weight.

 

And any one that implied that someone might be plumper -- even if it where true -- was like a nuclear blast to the person's ego.

 

"Calm-,"

 

"I think what Yeol is trying to say is that, jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter