Gods & Monsters

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Originally he'd intended to stay the night at Sehun's house, but after he finished screwing his best friend's beau he decided against that. He'd told Luhan to take a shower after they finished to get rid of any left over evidence and he'd taken that chance to slip away in silence.

 

Post- ... the world was a very different place for him. Or at least what was happening in his head was because for once he was actually thinking rather than angrily thrashing in his mind.

 

He couldn't go on like this; what he'd done was terrible enough and there was no way he was going to be able to make up for cheating with Sehun's love like that. No, he couldn't continue to make his life this terrible because locking himself in his room and trying to keep himself amused at the annoyance of others wasn't exactly fulfilling.

 

Was it not just a month or so ago when everything was so much more simple? Was it not just that short amount of time where his world made sense and he hadn't actively made such an effort to spin everything into a living hell?

 

He needed to figure things out with Kyungsoo.

 

He needed to address how he felt for Kyungsoo in real time and let the chips fall where they may. There was a much better shot at getting his way right now while Soo and Yeol's relationship had just begun than there ever could be if he let them continue while he moped in the background.

 

Finally, Kai got to his apartment and went inside, unsurprisingly finding all the lights out and the place still. It seemed without Chanyeol here to shove a kink in his system, the universe had suddenly become stable again.

 

Tip-toeing, he decided to save what he had to say to Soo till morning because the last thing he wanted to do was wake the older up. This was an excuse, but it was not the worst one he'd made all nightfall.

 

Jongin wasn't startled back into real time until he saw a figure suddenly rise up on the couch and he could feel his stomach jump into his throat. There was a very slim chance that this was some kind of angel, coming into his home to take him and show him the folly of his ways.

 

But when he flipped the lights on, he was greeted by a different kind of Angel entirely.

 

"I've been waiting all night," Kyungsoo's eyes were still mostly shut, but he seemed aware, "I was worried you weren't coming home."

 

"I'm Kai," he really didn't want to accept this proclamation just to later find out it was meant for Chanyeol.

 

Soo finally blinked his eyes open and Jongin was delighted to see Kyungsoo's gorgeous, skeptical stare, "I know who my roommate is."

 

This was his chance to prove what he was worth.

 

Why did he feel like he was about to it up?

 

"You didn't seem bothered by my absence any other day this week," he could spin this ... maybe, "are you looking for me because Chanyeol's gone?"

 

And he'd done it. His first ing move to try and bring Soo back to him after all they'd fostered together and he already was having trouble containing the acid leaking from his tongue.

 

"No..." clearly Soo hadn't foreseen this attack as he looked lost, "I missed you all week, but Yeol told me that I needed to give you some space and that if I bothered you, I'd make you angry. I just wanted to show some respect ... but after all that time I'm all stopped up with 'missing' for you."

 

Park Chanyeol meddling in his life again; it's like the giant knew how he felt for Kyungsoo and was working to counteract it.

 

"What did he say exactly?" a normal person may have let this go, but his best friend was really beginning to take things too far.

 

"He said that you've been really stressed in your music class and that's why you were locking yourself in your room," Kyungsoo looked so innocent.

 

Then it made sense to him; this wasn't Yeol trying to ruin all his chances, this was Yeol trying to cover for his moody . , now he knew even less how he should feel.

 

There should have been one person that he could have focused all his anger and hate on and know that they were his main oppressor, but of course there wasn't. Instead it was his own mood swings, something that had done him ill in the past.

 

"Chanyeol must have misunderstood, my classes have been easy lately," Jongin was just thinking out loud because he was trying to figure things out for himself.

 

And that would have been alright if Kyungsoo hadn't been paying attention.

 

"Then why have you been avoiding me?" still so unsullied, still so genuine.

 

Kai wished he could be so honest.

 

"I - I - I don't really want to talk about it right now," Kai couldn't find the words ... for the first time since the birthing of his fury, he didn't have a thing to say.

 

Some sleep would serve him well and he could continue this talk in the morning, but he was convinced that he wasn't going to be able to keep up pretenses if things kept going like they were. He had the guilt of the universe sitting on his chest right now, so continuing to lie to his puppy love wasn't going to hold up.

 

Kai started shuffling to his room and made it all the way to the door before he felt his wrist get grabbed and he spun on his heel to face Kyungsoo. Dressed in nothing but an over-sized t-shirt, briefs, and a pair of tube socks, he looked so small right now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter