Oops, I Did It Again

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was way too cold and early to be outside of Uni like this, waiting for his giant friend to pick them up. Kai thought that the prospect of getting out of work for a bit would capture his friend's interest enough to be on time, but alas, here he and the red-head were, braving the cold while waiting for their ride.

 

How they were living in Seoul without a car was beyond him ... and how they were living in Seoul without any cash for a taxi was shameful. But he'd rather spend Yeol's gas money than his own, even if that meant standing against the harsh weather.

 

Maybe this was his punishment for not caring enough about his friend's financial standings.

 

He wanted to laugh at his little funny when he heard the person next to him chattering their teeth and he forgot about the stupid jokes he'd been making entirely.

 

"Kyungsoo ... didn't you bring a bigger coat?" the younger looked him over, examining his shivering frame and the thin coat the older had brought.

 

"I didn't think it was going to be freezing today," he hugged himself tighter, "aren't we in spring right now?"

 

"The season's mean nothing to the gods," Kai couldn't help but laugh and inch closer to his roommate, "the way you're shaking makes me worried that you're going to get hypothermia."

 

"I'm not wet am I?" Soo looked up at him.

 

"Well no."

 

"Then I should be fine," he smiled and turned to stare forward again.

 

Okay, okay, so Kyungsoo was being a little hard headed right now about this whole cold situation but he could figure this out. The one thing he wasn't going to do was allow the boy to sit out here in the cold and transform into a popsicle while braving the weather.

 

Kai did have another thick sweatshirt on under his parka, he could survive a little bit in the tundra, but Kyungsoo only had an ultra-thin, fashion jacket. Kai dropped his arms back and allowed the coat to slip off of himself quietly and then, as stealthily as possible, he placed it around Kyungsoo's shoulders.

 

"Suddenly things have gotten warmer for me," Soo commented, pulling the coats edges tight, but never actually slipping his arms through.

 

"Just trying to protect you from the cruel tendrils of vengeful winter," the younger stared forward to try to play off what he'd done as really cool and laid back. In reality he was actually very stressed about how smoothly he could do something so brash.

 

"Well than I should give you a token of my appreciation," the older pursed his lips and leaned forward and Kai realized he was about to get another small kiss.

 

And then this perfect little moment was disturbed by the honking of a car right in front of them.

 

Kyungsoo pulled away and Kai opened his eyes back up to see Chanyeol finally sitting there, waving at them to join him in the warm vehicle with a big, ridiculous smile on his face.

 

"You're late," the younger mumbled while getting in the backseat and adjusting himself.

 

"I was just finishing up a car in the shop," he started driving, "they needed expert hands and you know I've got those."

 

"You still have some grease on your cheek," Kyungsoo leaned forward and began swiping at Yeol's face with his thumb, "yahh! you should really clean yourself up before you come around people."

 

"That hurts my feelings Kyungsoo," Chanyeol made a sad face, "not all of us can look as beautiful as you every moment of the day."

 

The red-head finished getting the smudge off of the giant's face and blushed before looking away and Yeol knew he'd done well. It was one of those beautiful blushes that lacked a grin because it was too intimate to try and joke off.

 

The ones that hurdle over the boundary of flattery and into meaningful contexts and weighs even more to your average person.

 

Kai let out a loud sigh in the backseat because the giant had always been amazing at flirting like this -- natural timing was what he'd always credited it too -- and he was incredibly ticked off. What was with this behavior? Was it just natural? He wished he could be so quick witted.

 

"I don't like the cold," Kyungsoo still was looking out of the window and the light blush was still painting his cheeks, "you have to dress dowdy in the cold and I don't know how people manage to do that and still look good."

 

"You want the simple answer?"

 

"Yes."

 

"They don't," Kai and Yeol chuckled, but the shortest one didn't seem amused by this.

 

"They all look lovely," Kyungsoo gave him a disapproving look, "It's I that looks terrible in puffy pants and big jackets ... I'm too short to make those work for myself."

 

"Short?" Yeol started talking and Kai was already livid in his head because (a. Soo had just given him a less than stellar look and (b. he knew his friend was about to unleash some more of his charm, "nahhh, you're just fun-sized."

 

"I don't think I have that much in common with m&m's though," Soo looked over with his big, brown eyes.

 

"Yes you do; besides your cute little packaging," Chanyeol took his eyes off the rode and leaned towards the older, "you're as sweet as they are."

 

Kyungsoo looked like he was going to burst and Kai was putting curses on every deity he could think of for allowing his friend such finesse with come-ons. Chanyeol, who also happened to be in a very happy relationship, was successfully courting the guy the youngest liked and was putting in less than a quarter of the effort.

 

"We're here," Kai's arms were crossed over his chest even though he was doing his absolute most not to look petulant.

 

"Are you sure you want to go straight home? I could take you both out to lunch," Yeol was clearly addressing Soo more than he was Kai, "you guys could hang out at my work with me ... I don't kno-,"

 

"We have lots of studying we need t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter