Around Again

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he'd introduced the idea just a little while before, he didn't realize Kyungsoo would be so thrilled for what he had to give. Not that the older even knew what it was, but it was just so different to see him hyped over something like this.

 

Then again, he'd cherished the seashell Jongin had given him early in their first week; maybe Kyungsoo was just very gracious. He liked gifts, he never knew how to gracefully accept them without guilt, but it was still clear that little things like this meant a lot to him.

 

Except what Kai was going to give was much more than a simple momento from a vacation he'd taken. While he hadn't bought it, it still held high value to him as it was something he'd received from one of the most special people in his life when he was a child.

 

Her message to him when she gave it was simple, but as he grew up, he thought he was never going to be able to fully grasp what she meant ... then he met Kyungsoo. No, it wasn't an engagement ring. But it was something given to him by his grandfather that meant the world to her.

 

It was one of the little things Kai took with him everywhere he went, even though it didn't quite make sense. It wasn't hard to pack and travel considering it was relatively light weight and would fit in any crevice he stuck it in.

 

This was big for him ... It was big for him to understand. It was big for him to trust Kyungsoo with something that meant so much and maybe that's why even though he'd introduced it so early on in the dinner, he wasn't quite convinced.

 

He trusted the older fully, but this just. It. It wasn't normal, he knew that much, and it could easily insult Kyungsoo depending on how sensitive he was.

 

"Kai?" the older brought his attention back down to earth and gave him a confused look, "I was only asking out of curiousity, I didn't mean to make you so contemplative."

 

"I'm sorry ... God, it's just been one of those days," Jongin ran his hand through his hair to try and save face even though he knew it was useless at this point, "I've been thinking way too much."

 

"You shouldn't do that," Soo smiled to try and ease him a little, "they say thinking is bad for you."

 

"I wholeheartedly agree with that," this just proved the point that he needed to buck the up and give it over already.

 

Maybe ... maybe he just needed to set the right mood for it. Maybe that would make things easier for him to trust.

 

Kai stood up from his chair and proceeded over to the ledge of the balcony, resting his elbows against the concrete railing and overlooked the city surrounding them. This place was so dazzling, so bright and pure with depth and story bursting everywhere the eye could see.

 

It was absolutely perfect to have Kyungsoo here ... he'd use these same terms for Seoul that he would with the older. This was the right ambience to do it.

 

"Join me?" Jongin offered his hand and the older followed his request, stepping over and taking a spot next to the younger to look over the steel kingdom they called home.

 

"I hope I haven't done something wrong," Soo started, "I didn't mean to upset you if I have ... I was just excited to see what was next, everything you do is so thoughtful an-,"

 

It was a cliche, but he stopped the older's mouth with his own and planted a chaste kiss on his lips. It didn't go too deep, but in it's softness maybe he could help the older get into the state Kai currently was.

 

"Well I wasn't expecting that, but I surely liked it," the older looked up at him, "was that it? Because if it was, it was wonderful."

 

"No it's ... it's something more, I just wanted to give a flavor of what's coming," he was ready.

 

All he needed were those plump lips to make him know this was right. To take the risk he'd been so furiously debating just moments before.

 

"I can't imagine more than what you've already given me," Soo was blushing.

 

Jongin reached into his pocket and pulled out the long, ancient jewelry box that he'd had in there since the beginning of the evening. It was obvious, but the older of course respected whatever was happening and didn't ask ... it was that or he just didn't notice, which was very possible.

 

Kyungsoo's breath hitched, "... you didn't."

 

"Before you say anything, let me assure you that I paid nothing for this," the younger deviously smiled in the way he always did when he wanted to be cute and catty, "and I didn't steal it either."

 

"So then how did you get it?" the older interrupted him before he could reveal what he'd been preparing himself for.

 

"It's a family heirloom ... it's something special, but it's not something I've ever been able to place an owner for before," one more moment, if he could just make it that long, "that was, until I met you, Do Kyungsoo."

 

He finally popped the lid of the box open and revealed the pearls that were waiting to be released. They were a gorgeous, shiny white with a hint of yellow to them which probably came from being so aged, yet still had a milk like shimmer when the lights struck each one's unique, reflective surface.

 

Jongin pulled it out of it's case and put the box back in his pocket so that he could focus on putting this on his beau. He took the ends and very carefully wrapped them around Kyungsoo's neck. It really helped that the older was silent with his eye's closed and was allowing him the chance to do this.

 

So it hadn't upset him after-all ... that was ing fantastic.

 

Slipping the three back clasps together, he finally got the gorgeous jewelry fully attached and he looked at the gift he'd given. It held so much weight to him as it probably did his grandmother, and seeing Kyungsoo ... someone he cared so much about ... someone that he ... that he lo- that he felt so much for ... it looked just right.

 

"These are real pearls," Kyungsoo ran his fingers over the circular orbs, "this is a real pearl collar ... I ... these are actual, expensive pearls in a collar and it's around my neck."

 

The older seemed starstruck and he continued running his tips over the cold surface of the jewelry, amazed that something like that could adorn him. If he only knew how much it fit, how beautifully it complimented his pale skin and lace lips.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter