W8WTF

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It'd been a nice night's sleep in Kyungsoo's room even though he felt the high heels scratch at his feet every so often. It wasn't till the next morning that Soo finally took those off and it wouldn't be till even later than that when he'd end up cleaning his face of smeared makeup.

 

Since that first night together, they'd made it into a habit of going to bed in Kyungsoo's room ... it'd been two weeks since Jongin last slept on his own and he didn't have any qualms with that.

 

But no matter how nice it was, he still couldn't seem to make the older feel better about the disaster that had taken place. Try after try, he realized that to bring Soo out of this funk was going to take something more powerful. So he did something he really didn't want to do and decided to bring in help to make things better.

 

He was particularly reluctant because of the person's behavior in the past, but he knew if he was planning to bring the older out of this slump he couldn't do it alone. And no one was as good at making people feel good about themselves like a certain Park Chanyeol.

 

"Are you sure you want me to come with you guys?" Kyungsoo was resting on the couch, "I'm only going to bring the mood down on your friend night."

 

"We're going out tonight, no 'if's', 'and's', or 'but's', alright?" Kai continued getting himself prepared in the bathroom with the door wide open.

 

"But I'm just going to mope," Soo stood up and stretched himself and Jongin suspected he was taking this moment to check his outfit out.

 

"I promise you, if Yeol and I are there, you're not going to 'just mope,'" Kai put the finishing touches in his hair, it was almost time, "it's a really energetic place, I don't think you'll have the ability to mope."

 

"You've been here just a little over a month, how do you know the best clubs to go to already?" Kyungsoo took a step over to the bathroom and gave him a quizzical look.

 

"Don't forget, but I used to live here full time not so long ago and even if it was with my parent's, I still knew my way around this city," Kai was proud of himself and took a step out of the room so he was next to Soo.

 

"Well ... I guess we're going now?"

 

The younger was hoping that Yeol would have ideal timing and pop in within the next minute to confirm Kyungsoo's suspicions, but of course he didn't. It was quite a few later that the tallest made it and came inside.

 

But something was strange ... he was ominously quiet when he first came in. Kai would have liked to have a minute with him alone to figure out this change of behavior, but of course he opted not to because he was excited.

 

Maybe Chanyeol being in a mood-of-sorts would allow Jongin to actually push his agenda with Kyungsoo forward. After their heart-to-heart it really seemed like this was going to be his big chance.

 

The car ride was unusually quiet as it seemed that the tallest still hadn't decided to come out of his shell and Kai spent his time watching Kyungsoo gaze at the dazzling advertisements and street signs.

 

For once, there wasn't a wait at Candy's and they got in relatively quickly which seemed to make the older happy. But again, it was Chanyeol that was catching his eye and leaving him concerned; his friend made his way to the bar as soon as they got there and ordered himself something strong.

 

Kai wasn't sure what, but he could smell it well enough to know that the dose was likely to try and fix something. Kyungsoo had excused himself to the restroom as soon as they made it and so now it was Yeol and the younger left alone.

 

Previously, this depression seemed like it could be opportune, but it's end result had been a net drop in the mood. Jongin was going to have to fix whatever was happening right now or the whole night would be as dismal as this. You're only as strong as your weakest link ... he never thought that that would end up applying here, but eh, happens.

 

"What's going on right now?" Kai took Yeol's glass and sipped to find out what he was drinking and of course it was hard vodka ... though maybe he should have known that from the coloring, "You're not acting like yourself."

 

He snatched the glass back, "Am I me? Than I'm being myself ... ."

 

"You don't need to jump down my throat," Kai put his hands up in defense, "I'm just worried about you ... and I think Kyungsoo is too ... you're usually never this muted."

 

"Look, I appreciate it, I really do ... I'm just not good at dealing with these sorts of things," Chanyeol took another drink and looked over, "Baekhyun and I got in a big fight before I came out with you guys... he doesn't like me hanging out with 'your roommate'."

 

"Kyungsoo isn't going to -,"

 

"No, it's not even really about that, he was just trying to get under my skin," Chanyeol's voice seemed so frustrated, "it's all we've done for weeks now, he works so hard to get under my skin and drive me crazy and I finally just exploded today."

 

"Could it be because of me?" the biggest change in their lives had been the addition of Kai as a dependent in all honesty.

 

"You sparked the fuse, but it was always a fight waiting to happen ... he's just got all these ideas."

 

"Like what?"

 

"He's been pushing for me to make what we have permanent and try making things legal and confirmed, but I've been holding him off because of reasons."

 

"I'm not sure what you mean by legal."

 

"He wants to get married," Kai made an odd face and Yeol couldn't stop himself from chuckling a little, "not here, he wants to get married in Canada ... I don't even see the point, it's not like the state is going to recognize it, it's just a feel-good thing for him."

 

"To his credit, you've been together for a long time now."

 

"Don't tell me you're on his side? It's meaningless and unimportant ... It's not like I'm ever going to leave him so why would we need to spend so much to travel and have what would come out to be a symbolic ceremony somewhere so far away? It's ridiculous and the cost doesn't equal the benefit at all."

 

"I wish you could hear how much you sound like a business man right now," Kai snatched the glass back and took another taste, which absolutely burned his throat and he regretted immediately afterwards, "who would have thought Park Chanyeol would have become the responsible one out of the three of us?"

 

"Everyone; you and Sehun are lazy," they laughed more, "but since you've shown up and I'm sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter