Open The Door

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, you cannot crash here," Baekhyun stated firmly, "Yeol and I can barely keep from imploding this place with all our stuff alone, so there is absolutely no room for you."

 

Kai glared at the blonde and moped more as he sat on the couch with his arms crossed. Chanyeol had promised him a place to stay if he transferred to Uni here and now, when he'd actually taken the initiative and listened, he was being thrown out. Hell, he was being thrown out before he got a chance to officially move in.

 

"I have no where else to go," Kai was doing his best not to pout while he wallowed in self-pity.

 

"Tough ," the blonde called out, but he was gone from the living area now ... probably wanting to avoid the angry glare painting Kai's face.

 

He would have much rather stayed in Busan because it was away from all this craziness, but his friends convinced him that he'd had to come to Seoul. After-all, Chanyeol and Sehun had already pretty successfully set up shop here, it wasn't like they were going to be the ones to budge.

 

So he had to make the difficult choice of staying somewhere that felt comfortable but also left him lonely or shuffle back to the awful, crowded city just so that he could be around friends.

 

And because he was young and easily manipulated, he was quickly drawn into the latter option which he'd regretted since the moment he agreed. As if he couldn't have found friends back in Busan.

 

"Look, I'm not trying to be heartless, but this is best for all of us ... Yeol and I don't need a kid in the house right now," Baek ruffled his hair, but he still wasn't in Kai's line of sight, "It was a tough decision, but it works for everyone rather than just you ... and no, we are not dumping you out in the cold. Chanyeol's been looking into places for you since I told him you couldn't stay here and we're going to help you with rent for wherever he ends up placing you."

 

His pride told him to protest this act of charity and not accept anything from these two mega- who were kicking him out day one, but he knew that his only option besides their help was homelessness.

 

Sehun lived in this building too, but his pale friend already had two roommates and Sehun had made it clear that there was no room for Kai in their cramped little two bed-room.

 

That's why he'd placed so much faith in Chanyeol to come through for him right now; his giant friend's apartment was spacious and it was just him and his partner living in it. What he didn't account for was just how spoiled Yeol and Baek were and how that was going to negatively affect him.

 

"I hate you both."

 

"We hate you too," Chanyeol finally piped in, wiping his wet hair and exposing his upper body to the brisk air in their apartment.

 

That's when he remembered an important detail he'd forgotten from before about Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They were both exhibitionists with no notion of what was appropriate around guests so maybe it was for the best he'd be staying somewhere else; freely seeing Chanyeol's almost body all the time didn't seem all that appealing to him.

 

Well ... it was appealing to him ... but it was also very awkward and there was something about being best-friends that just kept that off limits.

 

"You er," Baekhyun called out from his spot standing over Kai, "you took a shower when you did so that I would be the one having to deliver Kai the bad news."

 

"Bingo," the tallest strolled past his partner and into the kitchen, "see, you've got some brains after-all."

 

"I'm very smart Park Chanyeol-,"

 

"The ability to give Yeol brain does not count as genius."

 

Baekhyun stopped and glared at Kai, "Now I'm happy I spearheaded the campaign to keep you out of here."

 

Kai acted wounded and hissed, rubbing his arm, "That really stung Hyung, do you have any anointment?"

 

" off, off, off and good luck with whatever serial killer Chanyeol places you with," Baek pursed his lips and flashed them both a peace sign while he retreated back into the kitchen, "I'm going to dance on your grave."

 

"Knowing you, it will be a strip routine," Kai felt this was very clever, but maybe it wasn't considering no one seemed to care. Sometimes he forgot how good Baekhyun could be at callously swallowing insults and then hurtling even more painful ones back in response.

 

He'd always wondered if his best friend's blonde boyfriend hated him a little, but he reminded himself that this was just Baekhyun's personality. He acted like he hated everyone because he thought it made him seem cooler and tougher. It usually just resulted in him seeming like a though.

 

"You and Baek really don't trust my judgement do you?" Chanyeol came back out of the kitchen wearing basketball shorts and the towel around his neck.

 

"It's not that ... it's just that you're not a very good judge of character," Kai was trying to look everywhere but at his friend because his lack of upper body wear was making him a little uncomfortable, "I mean, you've been seriously dating Byun for years now, I think that says enough about your discerning abilities."

 

"All jokes aside, it hurts me that you won't trust me more ..."

 

"Do you know the person you're placing me with?"

 

"No..."

 

"Have you met the person you're placing me with?"

 

"No."

 

"Have you seen the person you're placing me with?"

 

"Well ..."

 

"I'm going to take that as a no."

 

"It's cheap rent and it's just an apartments over, if you ever needed anything it would be just a matter o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter