Red Lips

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He had never had to deal with a situation like this in his entire life.

 

Kyungsoo didn't even look up to greet Jongin when he first forced his way into the room, only acknowledging Kai's presence through an even more painful sob. From that moment forward, the younger had felt a sense of guilt for intruding on what was clearly a personal moment, but he couldn't go back now.

 

Instead he analyzed his surroundings and tried to come up with the best possible set of answers as to what was unfolding around him.

 

From what he could see of Kyungsoo, besides the heels, the older wasn't wearing much else. His legs were bare, revealing their soft paleness to the world and he only had his briefs on to protect his modesty.

 

His top half was almost as bad, with it's only covering being a big, oversized gray zip-up hoodie that clearly wasn't meant for someone of his petiteness.

 

Next Kai went about trying to see the makeup situation; when the older had first left, his face didn't have any. Soo never wore makeup and so this newest ersion to the norm he'd become accustomed to made him shift wearily.

 

Kai couldn't see much, but of what he could, it seemed like besides the eyeliner his crush hadn't clouded his beautiful face with anything more and the only other covering was his fiery red bangs swept in a mess all over to the right.

 

When he mixed all this information down in his head, the best he could come up with was that something went wrong on the date and now Kyungsoo was dressed in a sixteenth drag after tearing everything apart.

 

Okay, maybe this was obvious, but reminder ... this was a first for the younger.

 

Find something to say, find something to say, find something to say, "I like your shoes."

 

.

 

He was trying to be snarky and make light of what was clearly a disasterous situation, but he could feel himself fail the minute those words slipped his lips. So imagine his surprise when Kyungsoo burbled up a tiny spurt of laughter before a regurgitation of more crying.

 

"Th-thank you they are Chris.tian Lo-louboutins," Soo glanced down at the footwear and it afforded Kai a chance to see his face fully and affirm his assumption that the eyeliner was the only makeup.

 

So maybe he could use humor to try to smooth this situation over ... , he'd never thought he was funny before ... but he'd try anything to improve things right now.

 

"I didn't realize those shoes came in boy's sizes though," Kai may not have been typical, but he was gay enough to know what Louboutins were.

 

"They do-don't ..." Kyungsoo took a breath, "I wear an eleven in women's."

 

And for god-know's-what reason, they both started laughing after this response; it started with Kyungsoo and Kai quickly followed suit. He didn't get how it was funny but he couldn't help but find it hilarious to see the older try and fit in tears between loud laughs.

 

"You need to dye your roots Kyungsoo," the ignore-the-whole-crisis-thing seemed to work well enough, "there is a whole lot of black popping up in your sea of red."

 

"I kn-know, but I like it that w.way," the older seemed to be coming down ever so little as he spoke and Kai felt it was time to actually figure out what had happened to turn this date night into the titanic. He took a big step forward and when Soo didn't flinch he fully approached to take a seat next to Kyungsoo, who in response scooted an inch or two closer so their hips were touching.

 

"I really do like your shoes ... I just don't know why you're in them," could this be a rude question, yes, but there was a chance it'd be hugely productive as well.

 

He wiped his face with the back of his hand and smeared the eyeliner, but a hint of a smile told Kai he wasn't in trouble yet, "it's a long story."

 

"I have all night," the younger patted his back ever so softly to try and both comfort and compel a response from the boy he had feelings for.  

 

Because what this whole experience was making him realize is that he did in fact have feelings for Kyungsoo ... more than as a crush or fantasy. His desire to lift Soo's spirits was one that he only had with his best of friends, which was strange considering his more than friendly attraction to the older. Really, it was funny to him that Kyungsoo was able to rank in with these two in such a quick span of time. The red head just had a personality that drew him, something in it reminding him of both newness and familiarity in it's tone. There was a reason he'd been able to fit in so well with both Kai and Chanyeol.

 

Soo nodded his head slowly, "I wen.t out with David and-and-and it was going really well," he was using that tone that only crying people have, that strange mix of whine and slur that sounded like a storm in someone's vocal chords, "and we got here and we screw.ed and-and then he said he never wanted to see me ag.ain."

 

Suddenly Kai was very confused ... as bad as that story sounded at the end, it didn't quite make up for smashed dishes and high heels.

 

"That's all?" the younger did his best to make sure his voice didn't have the inflection of judgement that his mind currently held.

 

"N-n-no, he told me I was disgu.sting and he tol-told me not to ever try to ca.ll him again," Kyungsoo began sobbing harder and things were starting to come into perspective more. Kai was going to have to work harder to coax all that happened tonight to make everything so terrible, but at least he was getting somew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter