Gypsy Princess

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking down at the framed images he'd gathered in his hands, he said his final goodbye's to his former best friend, Chanyeol.

 

Maybe this was prayer. It didn't feel like prayer, but the curses and longings he was voicing currently were only echoing in his head and that seemed rather prayer-like. But it wasn't directed at any particular god. He wasn't sure what to call this. It was so difficult to let a friendship like his with Yeol die, but after the crime he'd committed against Kyungsoo it was absolutely necessary.

 

For all the good memories these pictures brought back to his mind, the overwhelming desire to end Park Chanyeol's existence made the nostalgia mix and mingle with heavy amounts of nausea. How could he have ever trusted someone that would turn out to be so evil? It wasn't long after he finished his thoughts on the matter that he dumped all the filled picture frames into the big, black trash bag to rid himself of these feelings.

 

When he'd placed those decorations out so early on, he wondered how long they'd stay in their first positions. And early in their relationship, he romanticized the idea of waking up one day far in the future to find them patted with dust from years of being there. Even further in his love affair with Kyungsoo, his dreams evolved more, and he fantasized that he'd soon be able to add a good few of he and his boyfriend -- possibly husband -- to his precious collection of framed commemorations.

 

He'd never gotten those. Instead he had smatterings on his phone from their important moments together, but the only glass they rested behind was his phone screen.

 

Maybe that was a good thing though. These images would be immortal, whereas his silly pictures in their frames were all destined to die at one point. Those wonderful memories from his youth were worthless now and he actually felt good cauterizing the wound they'd created rather than holding onto the pain for forever.

 

The only ones he cared about anymore he could access from his palm; being bludgeoned with those recollections would ultimately help keep him alive, even against the feelings of finality that dripped down the fangs of today.

 

"Did you even say goodbye?" Sehun was going through what was left in the refrigerator, trying to decide what to salvage and what to dump.

 

"He left before I could."

 

"So he's already on his way to Busan?"

 

"No," Kai drew on what he knew, "he actually doesn't leave for another hour or so, but he wanted to go early. I think he just didn't want to deal with what was left of us?"

 

"This is nice," in the meantime, Luhan was packing Kai's personal items that were still out.

 

"I'm sorry about the break-up, dude."

 

"Don't 'dude' me," Kai shot him a glare, "and we never broke-up formally ... hell, we barely talked enough the last few days to figure out what we were ..."

 

"But who caused the rift?"

 

Jongin looked down shamefully, "I did ..."

 

"Wait, you did?" Sehun spun around to face him and threw away an old jar of mayo at the same time.

 

"Look, he asked me to come with him and I couldn't do that and I got pissed that he'd even suggest something so ridiculous."

 

"Ridiculous? Kai you're only young once, this could be your only chance to do something big with your life and unlike the rest of the idiots who go abroad," Sehun paused for dramatic effect, "you'd be going abroad with your broad."

 

"Ha ha."

 

"Whose was this?" Luhan lifted up a relic on the counter.

 

Kai mindless responded that it was Kyungsoo's.

 

Another way for him to remember. He couldn't believe the older hadn't taken this ... it was his to keep after-all ... it would be Soo's forever. It so perfectly fit who he was and the jovial sincerity of what they'd had. His heart ached looking at the shell. How could Kyungsoo forget this?

 

"Did he get it when you guys went to the beach?"

 

"No, no," he walked over to where the doe-like boy was standing, "I got this in Busan on a trip, but when I first brought it here he liked it and so I gave it to him."

 

"Why would you give this to him?" Luhan was puzzled, "it's so ugly ... I can't see why you'd give him something so worthless."

 

Kai walked over and snatched it from his hands, "You don't get it ... maybe it's meaningless to you, but it meant a lot to me and it made him smile and that's all I wanted."

 

He turned it over in his hands to really feel it and that's when he noticed the sparkle inside. It was only seconds later that Luhan had the collar of pearls in his hands and was marveling at it's glimmer.

 

"Now this is nice," his voice was quiet while he examined it.

 

Jongin ... Jongin felt a pain in his entire being. This was something special he'd given Kyungsoo and even if they ... even if things seemed over, he wanted the older to keep it.

 

"Was this the real gift?"

 

"Han, why don't you hand that to me" Sehun walked over to try and keep his best friend from smacking the doe-eyed boy for disrespect, "go do what we talked about at home, alright?"

 

Luhan agreed and handed him the necklace before wandering off to Kyungsoo and Kai's old bedroom. He didn't know why and he didn't care to ask, he was still recovering from the discovery.

 

"This was your -,"

 

"She told me to give it to someone special," Jongin still was so ... just so shocked, "and Kyungsoo was someone special."

 

Sehun paused before responding, "Kai ... Kyungsoo is still someone special to you."

 

"Do you think I was doubting that? Kyungsoo will be someone special to me forever," he took a breath because he felt a rant coming, "he was someone special to me before and he's someone special to me now as he was yesterday and every single day I was with him and every single day till I die. But he's not here now ... so he ‘was’ and that's how he'll stay."

 

"It doesn't have to be that way though."

 

"What do you mean ‘it doesn't?’ He's not here anymore," Kai was getting angry, "I had it all and Chanyeol took every bit of it away from me ... whether I like it or not, it not only has to be this way but it has to stay this way."

 

"Jongin, you can change things," Sehun just wasn't quitting.

 

"How? You think I can go to that station and try to convince him to come back home?" why wasn't his friend getting it, "You think I can convince him to stay here and just try to forget all of this from before? I can convince him to move back in and try to pretend that the guy who him didn't live just across the hall? The guy, who might I add, was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter