Together

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Second Date. Their technical second date and he had all these feelings already.

 

Kai had always had an inclination to feeling strongly, he was the truest romantic a person could be, but even this felt too fast. And yet he didn't want it to stop. Not now and not ever.

 

He'd rather burn out and die than have all of these feelings cease because the world wouldn't be complete any longer if it lacked Kyungsoo.

 

Second Date. This was their second date and he already was this far gone into his emotions regarding the older. And he knew those feelings could no longer include Chanyeol; he couldn't share his source of existence, his coal, his gasoline, and he worried that if his best friend continued in their orbit, their star would supernova and cease it's burn.

 

Second Date. He waited quietly for Kyungsoo and looked down at his hands that were folded on the table. Chanyeol was picking him up from an internship he had with a local restaurant and was dropping him off at this place.

 

It was an incredibly nice establishment and Kai was practically having to take a loan to afford dinner here, but it was worth it. Their table sat on a balcony at the top of the twelfth floor, allowing them to look out and over the glimmering Seoul underneath.

 

He'd reserved the place alone, which was an even bigger expense, so that he could speak to Soo as privately and dearly as possible.

 

Second Date. That was all this was supposed to be and yet it felt like so much more. Somehow these few short months had felt like years for him, amazing years, years he'd remember for the rest of time. Every nuance of the way the older moved, every moment he was with him, was etched into his mind for all eternity.

 

He heard the knob of the door rustle and he looked up to see Kyungsoo entering very silently. The look on his face said he was embarrassed about the noise, but he didn't seem upset. Maybe his quiet was from a misinterpreted vision of Kai being at peace.

 

If only the older could see the rage on the inside of the younger, if only he could experience the crashing waves pummeling Jongin's thoughts.

 

"How was work?" Kai smiled and ignored all the trouble he was contemplating, "I'm sure you did incredible."

 

"I met with the chef and I showed him a few of my techniques, but he wasn't all that impressed," Soo frowned, "he says he'll take me on as a busboy and teach me things himself ... which is the last thing I want to do."

 

"So you're rejecting the internship? Do you think you can find another like it?" this was harsh, but it had actually taken some time to nail down a place that would take someone as fresh and young as Kyungsoo right now.

 

Surprisingly, when he looked at him again, the older was trying to hold back a smile, "well ... actually, the reason I'm turning it down is that I got a better offer ... Hommes didn't offer me an internship, they offered me a starting position as an assistant."

 

"That's ing amazing!" Jongin reached over and grabbed Kyungsoo's hands, "when do you start?"

 

"It's in a long time because the job I'm receiving is for an entirely new editor, but they said it could be in two or three months," Soo was talking much faster than he normally was and it was really adorable to hear him so happy, "which means I'll definitely graduate before I start and I'll be able to focus."

 

"Looks like you've got your future planned out," he squeezed the older's hands.

 

"Barely," Kyungsoo squeezed back.  

 

He wondered if the older was thinking the same thing he was; specifically, about the status of their relationship in that time. It had to at least be on the back burner ... Kyungsoo had told him how much he cared when they finally consummated their relationship.

 

"I love this," Kyungsoo was looking around the place, "but it makes me uncomfortable at the same time ..."

 

that hurt a lot.

 

The older considered before continuing "... I don't really feel I deserve all of this ... this is so magnificent and blinding, I don't. I. I don't know why you'd choose to go to such extravagances for me."

 

He wished Soo's hands were still in his own so he could give them an encouraging squish to try and take away from this depressing insecurity. Not possible right now though.

 

"I've told you already Kyungsoo, you're worth it," Jongin smiled, "I want to go to such extremes to show you just how much you mean to me."

 

He smiled and looked down, "you're always flattering me ... I want to make this up to you ... not today, I couldn't today, but someday ... maybe when I'm with Hommes ... I want to take you places that will show you my feelings too."

 

Kai couldn't help but feel everything in his stomach and body take flight a little with what he'd heard ... not only had Kyungsoo been thinking about it, but he'd planned to be together till then. That was something he never really took properly into account when he got all doubtful about everything.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter