Hips

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that terribly confrontational meeting with Baekhyun, Kai had noticed that Chanyeol suddenly stopped coming over as much. Maybe Baekhyun had taken his advice and laid off the marriage thing. Or maybe Yeol was just busy lately.

 

But it was sensational to barely deal with the giant for what was almost a week now. In that time, he'd gotten to rain all his feelings down on Kyungsoo and he was showered with all the same heart and warmth right back.

 

Jongin thought himself to be an overly emotional person in relationships, but Soo was even more so and it was the best thing in the world.

 

The only negative things to happen lately had been how sad the older would occasionally get when he noticed Yeol's absence, but even that was a net positive in the end. Every time Kyungsoo would get gloomy, Kai got to sweep in and save the day and show the older all the support he could give him, even when he disagreed with the subject.

 

So being able to take care of him like this, getting to be so open, and having his desires shape up so nicely had made for a great week. And he wanted to cap this great week the best way possible; he was going to take Kyungsoo out on their first date.

 

They'd spent a ton of time in the apartment together doing things -- for instance, Kyungsoo teaching Kai cooking techniques or Kai teaching Soo dance moves he was learning -- but they hadn't gone out in public before. This was a big deal for Jongin because going on that first date was always an unforgettable moment in relationships for him.

 

One last check in the mirror of what he was wearing made him feel better; he'd picked his most dashing outfit to take Soo out to a nice restaurant that also was a ballroom. It was an elaborate date that he'd thought up and he was sure it was romantic enough to really express his feelings.

 

First dinner, then dancing, and after, they could come home and snuggle in the same bed together. As much as he desired Kyungsoo's , it wasn't the time and he didn't want to force it. For now, snuggling was an amazing thing to spend their time in bed doing.

 

"Kai ..." Soo knocked, "everything alright in there?"

 

Kai wouldn't exactly say that, no, not everything was just 'alright' ... when in fact it was ing marvelous and he was so ecstatic to take this evening out.

 

Adjusting the buttons one final time, he knew that he was ready and he opened the door slowly in case his beau was still standing there. It felt so good to get to refer to him that way goddammit.

 

Kyungsoo looked incredible as well, though maybe not as refined as Jongin was trying to be, but the younger didn't judge him for this. After-all, he was yet to tell Soo where he was taking them, just that they were going somewhere.

 

The redhead was wearing tight white jeans with a loose, black knitted sweater that's neck hung low on his shoulders. Finally, to crown the look, he had a pair of cute, different shades-of-black creepers to compliment his black top.

 

Okay, so it wasn't anything bad, but compared to Kai, Soo might feel a bit dressed down. Kai was wearing a white button-up with slim, pressed dress pants and the proper dancing shoes for ballroom. They were shiny, but that was only because this was one of Jongin's first times to actually wear them with purpose.

 

Kyungsoo leaned forward and hugged him, "you smell nice."

 

"I do?" he really wasn't fishing for compliments right now, genuinely he had no cologne on.

 

"You smell like 'alcohol after-shave,' I like it," okay, well he had put a bunch of that on, so he was caught there.

 

"You have a nice little scent too ... it's fruity and delicious."

 

"So do you want to tell me what's happening tonight? Or are you still trying to keep it a secret?"

 

"Secret," he kissed Soo on the bangs, "I promise you'll get it as soon as we get to the place."

 

"I feel like that may not be a good thing."

 

Kai gave a faux frown, "are you doubting my abilities to make a memorable first date?"

 

"No, I'm just not one who likes surprises very much," Soo was giving Kai bad ideas.

 

NO. Not that kind of bad. More like Kai wanted to punish Soo for doubting him. NOT that kind of punish. Just a little. NOT that kind of -- , what was the point of this, nothing he was thinking was helping his case.

 

"You're going to have to learn to and since you have no faith, I'm gonna need you to do something else for me."

 

Jongin rushed back into his bedroom and grabbed one of the bandanas he kept in his dresser before heading for the main door again.

 

"Come on! We don't want to be late," he beckoned the older, who cautiously followed behind.

 

Getting a cab to pick them up didn't take nearly as long as he thought it would and he found himself lucky to have a quiet driver.

 

"What's going to happen now?" Soo looked somewhat bewildered at how the pace was shifting so quickly.

 

"Just trust me."

 

"It's difficult to do with no idea of what i'm getting into," Kyungsoo sighed, "but .... okay, I'm trying."

 

"Then here is your teaching moment," he pulled the bandana from his pocket and wrapped it around Soo's eyes, "I want you to learn to trust me and I think that if you can't see where we're going till we get there you will; I promise this is going to be great."

 

The older didn't flinch when Jongin brought the course material around his eyes, allowing him to finish what he was doing and tie the bandana into place.

 

"Not so bad, right?"

 

Soo nodded again and they continued on.

 

Kai was very lucky to have one of his dance instructors know the owner and in exchange for teaching a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter