Superhero

VENUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He'd weed Chanyeol out. He'd take him out of the equation completely and have Kyungsoo all to himself.

 

But it was going to take time.

 

Because Jongin had botched his very first attempt at the bar and allowed his friend to slip his dastardly roots into a fresh Soo, he should have realized sooner that things weren't going to be very cut and dry.

 

If he wanted Kyungsoo -- wanted to protect him and be with him and all the other things he'd thought about on the night he confessed -- he was going to have to play the long tourney to fully win his hand. He was going to need to beat Chanyeol out not just through confession, but by proving that he was worthy.

 

Kyungsoo was not just someone to conquer; his feelings should instead be cultivated and grown to perfection and mingled with Kai's own.

 

All he wanted anymore was the older, it was his greatest desire, and Yeol really needed to the out.

 

It wasn't an easy decision even though he'd made it in a split second, but after accepting it he started to realize that it had some positive attributes. Having competition regarding someone he felt so strongly about was going to ensure that he really proved his devotion.

 

And he realized, as he thought more about his decision, that Kyungsoo having two suitors might help the older gain the self-esteem he was rightfully entitled to. Seeing how desirable he is might help him learn to love himself more and if that was the final outcome, Kai would be fine with the means.

 

He looked over at Soo's sleeping face and he just smiled; he'd gotten to spend the whole night with Kyungsoo, sans Chanyeol. It'd been a while since his best friend had come over -- it seemed like Baek was tightening his leash -- and Jongin had pounced on the opportunity to sleep in the same bed with Kyungsoo again.

 

Something felt very right about having someone else in bed; to fall asleep to the soft sounds of someone else's breathing. He wasn't sure how he made it through that dark week without this ... and he wasn't sure how he was going to survive when Yeol finally got to come back.

 

But he didn't have time to try and figure out his future and he didn't want to because the future was dangerous. Rather he'd enjoy this moment than try living for what comes next and miss what's in the now.

 

"Have you been awake long?" the older's voice was tired, but he sounded aware enough to have been consciously laying there a moment or so.

 

"Maybe ten minutes ... I wasn't really keeping up with time to closely," Kai thought this was a really lame response, but he couldn’t think of anything else.

 

"I don't know why we're awake right now when we could both be sleeping more," the older nuzzled back into his pillow, "we're both going to have early classes tomorrow."

 

"We should have had early classes today you know."

 

Soo gave two fake little coughs, "I don't feel well ... and what about you? You're still in bed with me right now."

 

Kai responded with his own fake cough, "I think you're contagious." He wished he could make it clear how true this statement was in regards to Kyungsoo.

 

"So more sleeping?"

 

"You can go back down, I'm not going anywhere."

 

The older made a face and sat himself up, "it's too awkward to just lay here and feel your stare on me ... it doesn't let me rest ..."

 

"I'll look away."

 

"I'd rather you not," Kyungsoo leaned over and gave a soft kiss to Kai's cheek, "I'm awake enough, it's futile to fight it any longer."

 

He wanted more than this kiss and maybe now that Kyungsoo knew how he felt, he'd get it.

 

"Want me to make breakfast?" the younger sat up and swung his legs over.

 

"No jokes this early in the morning."

 

"I was hoping you'd say that."

 

"How did you know that would be my response?" Kyungsoo quirked his eyebrow at the other.

 

"Well I didn't, but I knew you'd say something to that effect," Kai stood up and stretched.

 

"I'm not sure how you know me so well already."

 

"I've lived with you for more than a month now Kyungsoo and your personality isn't shy."

 

"I'm not abrasive either though, am I?"

 

"Nope ... you're just very honest," Jongin thought so much about leaning over and taking that kiss that he wanted right now, but he wasn't sure if he wanted it to come so sporadically.

 

Maybe it should have more meaning.

 

, he was doing it again, he was placing everything in the future and missing his moment.

 

He tipped himself in Soo's direction ... right as the older got out of bed. So Jongin had just missed him.

 

"Do you have any studying to do today?" Kyungsoo padded over to his closet and started looking around.

 

"Well there's always studying I can do, the real question is, 'do I want to do' and the answer is no," Jongin walked over to stand behind the older, "and what about you Master Chef? Or ummm, Head designer?"

 

The older spun around and faced Kai, a grin on his face, "'Well there's always studying I can do, the real question is, 'do I want to do' and my answer is no.'"

 

He poked the other's shoulder, "mocking me is reserved for people tall enough to ride roller coasters, thank you very much."

 

Kyungsoo continued foraging and didn't turn to scowl at him until a few moments later, after he'd found what he was looking for, "If we're staying in today, I want to lounge ... this is my first day off in a long time."

 

"What about weekends?"

 

"Those don't count and you know that,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter