Warnings

Demonic Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun? Baekhyun are you still there? Hello? Baekhyun? Baekhyun wake up. Come on little guy, it's time to wake up. Urgh... Pretty please wake up and don't make me scare you.”
“Mm... Who is it...?”
“It's me, Chanyeol. You fell asleep, so please wake up...”
“I don't want to wake up Kyungie...”
“Oh for my ing own sake, wake up!”

 

Chanyeol shouted as Baekhyun opened his eyes fast and stared at the giant who smiled kind at him. Baekhyun looked confused around as the black cat stretched out in his lap before it jumped down from him and the couch. Baekhyun just realized where he were and what had happened and he also realized that he must have fallen asleep after Chanyeol left.

 

C-Chanyeol-”
“Come on, the food will get cold.”
“Oh right... food...”
“I hope you're hungry, I bought pretty much in case you were. And if you don't want to eat it all right now, we can save it to breakfast as well. Oh right, do you want to see a movie? I got plenty of them, but I haven't seen them all.”
“I don't know... I want to go home...”

 

Baekhyun mostly mumbled, but Chanyeol seemed to hear him anyway. Chanyeol walked out to the kitchen and opened his fridge and looked around in it. Baekhyun slowly got up of the couch and walked towards the kitchen as well.

 

What do you want to drink? I got whatever you want.”
“Water please.”

 

Chanyeol looked a little surprised, but he didn't try to change Baekhyun's mind as he picked out a bottle of water. Baekhyun sat down by the small dinning table that was filled with chicken and rice. Chanyeol sat down with Baekhyun as he smiled big.

 

Here you go, your water. Well, just dig in when you feel like it.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as he begun to eat himself. Baekhyun just nodded as he picked up his chopsticks and slowly begun to eat. Chanyeol tried to not stare at Baekhyun who sat silent mostly of the time while they ate. After a while of pure silence, Chanyeol opened his mouth to say something and to break the kind of awkward atmosphere.

 

So, do you like watching movies? I got many good ones if you want to see anything.”
“I'm fine with just... sleeping...”
“Do you like reading?”
“It's okay.”
“Do you like any special kinds of books?”
“I read about... everything I feel like.”
“I see... Do you like dogs a lot?”
“I'm more a dog person than a cat person, but I don't... hate cats.”
“Have you had any dog?”
“No, not even one.”
“Oh I see...”
“H-Have you had any more cats than this one?”

 

Baekhyun tried to be social, after all Chanyeol tried really hard to not make the situation even more awkward. Chanyeol smiled big as his cat suddenly jumped up to Chanyeol's lap and sat down on it.

 

This is the one and only cat I ever have had and it's not weird. This cat... you can say it's a part of me. It knows my thoughts and feelings, about my past and it won't die until I die.”
“W-What...? R-Really?”
“Or, it can die if someone kills it, but I don't want that. After all... this cat is a part of me, if... if he would die... I don't know how I would feel anymore.”

 

Baekhyun nodded as he watched Chanyeol stare down at his cat who stared back up at him. They shared this long weird glance and for a second, Baekhyun thought they wouldn't stop stare at each other. But after some seconds, Chanyeol broke the weird gaze as he smiled big at Baekhyun.

 

Hey, I haven't seen you for years and... I'm curious about you. I don't know that much about you since... Since I had to stop see you. How have you been? And when did you become friends with this Kyungsoo guy?”
“Oh, uhm... Well... I met Kyungsoo... I don't remember when I met him exactly, but I have been friends with him for quite a long time now. He's my dearest friend and I... I can tell him everything. He's a great friend, really. He's a great support and I don't know what I would have done without him.”
“Are you done eating?”

 

Chanyeol asked kindly as Baekhyun nodded, he's finished for now. He's not that hungry, but he didn't want to be rude so he forced himself to eat at least a little. Chanyeol got up and begun to put away the food as Baekhyun grabbed the bottle with water and got up.

 

So... You won't tell me anything today... aren't you?”
“Tell you...? Oh, you mean about them. No, I won't tell you about them tonight.”
“Can't you... tell me, please?”
“No, I don't want to talk about it... Not yet... It's too early to talk about it.”
“But-”
“So, do you want to watch a movie?”

 

Chanyeol was fast to try to avoid the subject as Baekhyun felt a little annoyed. Chanyeol said that he would tell him about them if Baekhyun ate dinner with him, so why is he pushing the subject away?

 

I'm going home.”
“W-What?! Are you crazy?!”
“I'm not feeling to be all chatty and nice when... When I know that my parents died because of someone else and not through an accident... And you promised me that you would tell me about those guys if I ate dinner with you.”
“I know... But I just... Please Baekhyun, I will tell you everything tomorrow morning. Can we please just hangout tonight? I... I haven't... I haven't seen you for years. I don't want to... lose this opportunity you know.”

 

Baekhyun begun to feel guilty for some weird reason he doesn't know yet. Chanyeol looked almost like a sad kitten, he just wanted to hangout and probably get to know Baekhyun. Baekhyun barely remembers Chanyeol from his childhood, he always thought the guy was someone he imagined up to save him from monsters. But now when Baekhyun thinks about it, Chanyeol seems to be kind of attached to him. It's like Chanyeol adore him and knows him more than Baekhyun knows Chanyeol.

 

W-Which movie do you want to see?”

 

Baekhyun asked without he knew it. He got pretty surprised himself when he let the words out, but it's too late to take them back now. Chanyeol smiled big as he walked over to his bookshelf and begun to look for a movie to watch.

 

Do you feel like watching something with action or maybe something more romantic? Or are you more the comedy guy like myself? Or what about comedy and action? Or fantasy? Or sci-fi?”
“Anything is fine, just pick something you think you will like.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as he reached his hand out to the bookshelf and randomly picked one of the movies. Then he walked over to his TV and begun to prepare everything. Baekhyun was about to sit down on the couch when Chanyeol's cat Black himself against his leg and meowed loudly.

 

What does he want?”
“He tells you to follow him.”
“Is it... really safe?”
“Haha, don't worry, he's a part of me.”

 

Baekhyun isn't sure if it was good or bad, but he decided to follow the cat as Black ran over to a closed door. Chanyeol glanced up at Baekhyun and Black as Baekhyun stared back at Chanyeol.

 

Is it... really okay if I... open the door?”
“Do so, it's nothing dangerous in here anyway.”

 

Baekhyun carefully opened the door as Black sneaked in first and jumped up at a pile of blankets and pillows. Baekhyun stared dumb at it until he realized that the cat wanted him to pick them out.

 

Oh, now I get it.”

 

Baekhyun grabbed some of the blankets as fast Black had jumped down from them. He carried them out to the living room where Chanyeol stood ready with a smile.

 

I see Black showed you our blanket collection. He loves blankets, so I keep buy new ones when the old ones isn't as fluffy as they used to be.”
“I see, you got quite a lot of stuff here. I mean, it's just an apartment, yet it's a lot of stuff everywhere. But you barely notice it.”
“Haha, it's because I'm trying to hide it.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as he helped Baekhyun with the blankets. They spread out the blankets on the couch and then sat down to watch the movie. Chanyeol held out a blanket to Baekhyun who smiled thankful and grabbed it carefully. Chanyeol then pushed the play button and the movie begun.

Black jumped immediately up to Chanyeol's lap and lied down with a purring sound. He looked really satisfied as he closed his eyes and Chanyeol automatically petted his cat. Baekhyun can tell that those two have been together for a long time and they both have their routines that can't be changed that easily.

Baekhyun tried to concentrate on the movie that Chanyeol had randomly picked. It seemed to be a romance-comedy movie, but Baekhyun doesn't mind. Right now, he admits that all he wants is to forget about reality. Maybe if he sits here beside Chanyeol and his cat and watch a movie, he might forget about everything around him.

 

Hey Baekhyun, if you get tired and wants to sleep, you can just lie down or lean against me. Do as you want, you need your sleep after all.

 

Baekhyun nodded a little as he stared at the TV-screen. He tried to not think too much, because if he does, he might get back to the reality. It's kind of crazy though, that he sits beside Chanyeol who he thought was only his guardian in his own fantasy. Chanyeol might truly be his guardian because everything up till now has been wicked and unreal and crazy. Everything seems to be able to be real right now.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun seemed to be lost in his thoughts the whole movie. He didn't even react to Black sneaking over to his lap. Chanyeol watched Baekhyun a little secretly in the beginning, but after a while he noticed that Baekhyun had spaced out. He did stare at the screen, but he didn't react to what was happening at all.

After a while or rather a good bit into the movie, Baekhyun woke up from his thoughts and begun to relax. His body slowly got less tensed and the boy showed Chanyeol how tired he truly was. Baekhyun leaned back in the couch as his hand brushed Black. At first Baekhyun didn't seem to notice it was Black, until Black his head against Baekhyun's hand.

Baekhyun jumped scared when Black his head against his hand and for some seconds Baekhyun looked really confused and surprised. Chanyeol wanted to laugh at the boy, after all he looked really funny but also really cute.

Baekhyun carefully let his hand Black's head as Chanyeol suddenly saw something he didn't thought he would see. Baekhyun smiled. It wasn't a big smile but it was a smile, a happy smile. Baekhyun stared at black and for some seconds he smiled this really cute and small smile that Chanyeol wouldn't have noticed if he didn't stare straight at him.

 

You got a really cozy cat Chanyeol... It must feel good... to know that he will always be with you, since he's a part of you.”
“You know... Your parents will always be with you Baekhyun, like your friends and other persons you care about. They all are with you, right in here.”

 

Chanyeol let his hand touch Baekhyun's chest gently, even though he knew Baekhyun might find it uncomfortable. Baekhyun didn't seem uncomfortable from it anyway, he looked down at his chest and then up at Chanyeol without looking disgusted nor worried.

 

You know... a lot of people have told me that the passed months... But I don't quite understand how they can be with me... I try to think they are with me but I feel so lonely and-”
“Baekhyun, it's called love. You love them and miss them, that's why they always will be with you. Their love lives on inside of you. Many humans doesn't understand that, but when someone loves you, they literally gives you love. And when they die, this love will live on inside of the person they love. Your love you have right now will be transferred to your lover and friends and maybe a dog in the future?”

 

Baekhyun chuckled light, he seemed to take this subject pretty good, even if they're talking about his parents. Maybe... it makes him happy to know that their love is still with him?

 

No one can steal the love they gave you Baekhyun and you can't just give it away either. It will always be with you, even if it hurts sometimes. When you miss them, it's the love they gave you that reminds you of them. It reminds you of them to make sure that you know that you was loved and will always be loved.”
“You know... I told you before that a lot of people have tried to say that they're always with me and that they love me... But no one has managed to comfort me... until you said it...”

 

Baekhyun stared down at Black as he looked like he could cry a little, but the tears never came. Baekhyun must have gotten used to talk about his parents or he might just force himself to not cry at the moment. Whatever it is, Chanyeol hopes he didn't say anything that would make Baekhyun feel worse.

Baekhyun smiled a little for himself before he slowly and almost a little awkwardly leaned to the side and rested his head on Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol glanced down at the boy who blushed a little, but he didn't look uncomfortable.

 

Thank you... for always protecting me...”

 

Baekhyun mumbled, but Chanyeol heard him loud and clear anyway. Chanyeol smiled as he wanted to embrace Baekhyun, but he's scared that he will scare him away. So he just sat there and let Baekhyun slowly fall asleep with Black on his lap who purred happily.

 

I will always protect you... Baekhyun.”

 

***

 

When Baekhyun finally was fully asleep, Chanyeol got up and carried Baekhyun into his room. Chanyeol put Baekhyun to bed and made sure that Black would sleep beside him while he has something else to do.

 

Take good care of him and don't disturb him.”

 

Black just stared at him, but Chanyeol knows that he would do as he told him. Chanyeol then sneaked out of the room and closed the door, but his eyes wouldn't let go of Baekhyun. The boy's sleeping face looks so peaceful, but on the inside there is a constant war between his depression and happiness.

 

Sleep tight Baekhyun...”

 

Chanyeol closed the door as he sighed silent, then he let go of the doorknob and walked over to the living room again. He picked up his computer as he begun to type on it, he has some ordinary work to do before he can try to sleep as well.

In the middle of the typing, Chanyeol's phone suddenly begun to ring. Chanyeol picked up the phone as quick as possible and answered it before it would accidentally wake Baekhyun up. Chanyeol tried to not sound annoyed, but he felt pretty pissed of at the moment. Who the hell would call in the middle of the night this late?

 

Good evening Chanyeol.”
“Good evening.”

 

Chanyeol listened to the cold voice as his whole body froze. His mind went black for a second as he searched for a name. Who is this? He knows it isn't someone he's “friends” with if you say it like that, but he does know that this person isn't his enemy. Or at least he wasn't.

 

What are you doing in such a beautiful evening?”
“I'm just taking it easy. What about you?”
“Oh me? I'm planning a murder, nothing big.”
“What do you want?”
“I guess you don't remember me since we didn't chat that much during your evil time.”
“Who is it?”

 

Chanyeol begun to feel inpatient, but he tried to not sound like that. Instead he kept a cold and calm voice as long as he could, he doesn't want to let this guy know that he's starting to get nervous.

 

I'm the one who replaced you when it comes to the Byun case. Do you remember? Do you remember the night when you were supposed to kill a small boy or his parents? Do you? Well, the funny thing is that you didn't do it for a reason no one truly understands. You left and disappeared and someone had to take over your work. Though a lot of people begun to disappear after you and this stupid revolt begun. And guess what, I had to wait to finish my job for over 8 years. Whose fault is that?”
“I don't know and I don't care. But what I want to know is; what do you want?”
“Oh me? Well you see, I planned to kill this pathetic little boy you saved... But he's gone. Where is he?”
“Who are you talking about?”
“I know it was you who fetched him, it could only have been you. Who else would save that pathetic wreck?”
“I'm asking you again, who are we talking about?”
“We're talking about Byun Baekhyun! The kid you have!”
“A kid? No, not really. I'm just working like a normal human. Why would I want to be a hero? It's not like I'm made to be one. Seriously, what do you think about me? Are you that desperate to blame your fail on someone else?”
“I swear, if I find the boy with you, I won't hesitate to take you down. You have been warned-”
“Oh please, that is exactly what your boss told me for years ago. Do you wonder why I'm still alive? Well think about it, if you dare to challenge me, I won't hesitate to bring you down. And if I find out that you have hurt the boy that I left for years ago, then I will kill you personally and slowly. Do you hear me?”

 

Chanyeol went silent as he listened to the silence. Before he hung-up he could hear the man chuckle on the other side of the phone before he hung-up. Chanyeol stared down at his phone as he felt the anger slowly build up inside of him.

So that man... is his replacement huh? And that man... is the killer to Baekhyun's parents? Well now when he knows, he knows who he should put his revenge on. After all, no one hurts his Baekhyun. Not from now and on. No one.

 


Ayo guys! So today I finally update once again! ^.^

I don't have that much to tell you except that I will try to update at least two times each month! Also, please check out my new fiction called “My True Love”, here is the link! ^.^ (Link: My True Love)

Else I just want to thank you all for your wonderful support and I hope you all enjoys reading this fiction! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! Not a must though! ^.^

Well that was all I had for now. Until next, take care and have a nice day/night/morning/evening/afternoon! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3