Surprise

Demonic Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun stares speechless at Kris who leans back in his armchair with a calm expression. D-Did he really hear what he thinks he heard? Kris smirks a little before he lets out a sigh. Baekhyun keeps staring speechless at the giant for a couple of seconds before he finally opens his mouth to try to talk.

 

W-What did you... just say...?”
“You heard me, didn't you?”
“C-Can you repeat that?”

 

Kris sighs a little annoyed while he throws a glance over his shoulder. Chanyeol is still nowhere to be seen, he's probably still in the kitchen and makes some more tea for them all.

 

Demons like me and Chanyeol... doesn't live on normal food. Just so you know. We gain power from other sources like all demons do. You know there are soul eating demons and when they eat a soul, they get more powerful and restore their powers. The same goes for me and Chanyeol. I just thought that you should know that.”
“T-That was... totally random...”

 

Kris smirks as he leans back in the armchair again. Baekhyun stares speechless down at his own hands until Chanyeol finally comes back. To be honest, Baekhyun isn't sure what to think or say. He wants to ignore what Kris said and pretend that nothing is wrong, but something tells him that he shouldn't let his guard down anymore.

 

Here you go Baekhyun, some fresh new tea that will make you feel better.”
“T-Thank you...”

 

Chanyeol smiles a warm smile as he carefully handles the warm teacup to Baekhyun. Chanyeol than sits down beside Baekhyun as he stares over at Kris who acts like nothing is wrong. Well nothing is wrong, it's just Baekhyun who feels a little strange.

 

So, I guess you're still not hungry.”
“No... Not really...”
“What about I go and clean up in the kitchen and I promise that next time you open the fridge, everything will be gone and no smell at all.”
“And what if you're lying?”
“Then I will let you rip my head off.”
“W-Won't you die if I do that?!”
“No silly! I won't die from that.”
“N-Not...? T-Then... can you even die?”
“Of course we can die. Everyone or rather everything can die.”

 

Chanyeol suddenly speaks up as he glares at Kris for a reason Baekhyun doesn't know. He wonders if Chanyeol gets pissed off at Kris because he keeps talking about things Chanyeol doesn't want Baekhyun to know about. Well, it's quite annoying to be totally left out of all this knowledge to begin with.

 

But we don't need to discuss death while we're here. Instead, why don't we talk about something else that is less dark?”
“Like what? How lovely the weather is today?”

 

Kris makes a good point, but Chanyeol ignores him totally. Instead he tries to ask Baekhyun if he's feeling better and if he can get him something else. Baekhyun holds back a sigh as he glances over at the window. It's raining outside today. He didn't notice that it's raining until now, but he guesses that he has been too busy with feeling sick up till now.

 

It's raining today...”
“Yeah, it does.”
“Oh what a surprise, it's raining.”
“Don't sounds so sarcastic please.”

 

Both Kris and Chanyeol begins to argue with each other again as Baekhyun sighs for probably the thousandth time. Why can't they stop fighting and get along with each other? Is this how all demons react to each other whenever they meet or hangout? Do they only fight and argue all the time like this? Baekhyun wants to ask, but he's scared to piss Chanyeol off even more. But if he doesn't ask, maybe they will never stop fighting?

 

Uhm excuse me, but may I ask something?”

 

The both giants shut up as fast as Baekhyun opens his mouth. They stares at him with intense eyes, like he's about to tell them his darkest and most deepest secret. Oh god, he didn't know they could stare this intense at him. Baekhyun tries to act calm as he smiles a ridiculous smile.

 

U-Uhm, I was just wondering... D-Do you always fight like this all the time?”

 

Both of them stares at him in silence for a long time as Gray and Black sneaks over to Baekhyun and cuddles up in his lap. Chanyeol and Kris stares at the cats in silence as they looks more and more bewildered at them. Baekhyun begins to wonder if there is something wrong with those two giants.

 

I guess you won't answer me then...”

 

Baekhyun mumbles silently as he takes a sip of his tea. Right in that moment, both Kris and Chanyeol stands up and leave the room in total silence. Baekhyun stares after them as he just blinks stupidly. What did just... happen?

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Can you also sense it?”
“Yeah, it's something strange going on.”

 

Chanyeol nods as he follows Kris down the corridor as quickly as possible. They both had sensed something while they were with Baekhyun. Something is definitely not right.

 

They must be on their way here, there is no other explanation to this weird feeling.”
“But how could they found you so fast? It's nearly impossible to track someone who literally teleported all the way here!”
“They must have some kind of tracker with them. A special tracker?”
“Wait. Do you feel that or is it just me?”

 

Kris suddenly stops as Chanyeol stops as well. They both stands totally still and listens to the silence. Not even Baekhyun is making any sounds from the living room. The air begins to feel heavier and thicker, a sign that is not very good at the moment.

 

They're here?!”
“! How can they get through the barrier so easily?!”

 

Kris literally sprints towards the kitchen as Chanyeol follows him, but then he suddenly stops. It's not him they're truly after, it's Baekhyun! He shouldn't leave Baekhyun alone in the living room!

 

I will fetch Baek-!”
“Don't! We need to stop them from coming through!”
“B-But-”
“Get your over here! Now!”

 

Kris is so freaking demanding sometimes! But he seems to know what he's doing. Chanyeol hates to admit it, but right now he should listen to Kris. Chanyeol hurries to sprint after Kris who runs over to the kitchen and then opens a door that is hiding near the back of the whole house. Inside the room is ritual circle drawn on the floor. It's filled with different seals and candles that is creating the barrier around the house.

 

I had no idea that you had begun to use those kind of stuff Kris.”
“I had too, since there is nothing stronger than this. I can only use special ones though, without killing myself.”
“What do we need to do to block them out?”

 

Chanyeol asks quickly as he steps into the room after Kris. Baekhyun must be wondering what is going on and Black and Gray is probably being anxious as well. Chanyeol tries to keep his thoughts together as he stops in the middle of the room with Kris.

 

That's strange... I-I thought they had weakened the seal and therefor could pass through...”
“It's not weakened at all. It's perfectly fine...”
“But... H-How do they get through then?!”
“How should I know?! Argh, I shouldn't be here right now! I should prepare to leave and-”
“You can't even use teleportation properly yet! You will literally put yourself in coma if you even try!”
“What do you suggest that I do instead?! The longer we stand here and argue, the closer they get! They're literally breaking through the barrier that is perfectly fine and strong!”
“Give me some minutes to think!”
“I don't think we have that many minutes! We might not even have 10 more seconds!”
“Then what do you suggest that we do without killing Baekhyun or putting you in coma?!”

 

Chanyeol groans frustrated as he looks around the room quickly. Is there no way for them to create a strong new barrier around the house within only some seconds?! There must be someway to stop this! Chanyeol mumbles to himself as he hurries to grab a couple of seals. If he can't seal of the whole house, then maybe he can seal Baekhyun?!

 

Let's seal Baekhyun! Let's make a small but intense circle around him!”
“That's going to take minutes!”
“But it's better to try to do something than nothing!”

 

Kris groans as he looks around. There is no other way to fix this, according to Chanyeol at least. But like Kris says, it will take minutes to create such strong circle. Small and intense circles can be really powerful and useful, but making them takes time. And time is something they might now have.

 

They're close... Let's see if we can find some weak seals before we go!”

 

Chanyeol nods as he hurries to look around with some help from Kris. But they can't waste too much time here. After all, the enemy or whoever it is who is coming might appear any second now.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

You know, they're such weirdos... They just leave and then starts fighting in another room to not disturb me? How ridiculous. If they're going to argue, at least do it properly and try to not hide it for once.”

 

Gray and Black sits like statues beside Baekhyun who sighs. What's wrong with them? First Chanyeol and Kris rush away to scream at each other in another room and then their cats become totally strange as well. Is this how all demons and their cats are like around each other?

 

Whatever...”

 

Baekhyun sighs as he suddenly feels something weird around him. That's right, something is really weird. At first he can't really figure out what is it, but after a while it feels like it becomes harder to breath. The air around him feels heavier and somewhat thicker. It's harder to breathe and he can't help to freak out a little.

 

W-What is going on? B-Black? G-Gray?”

 

None of the cats move, not even blinks. Baekhyun carefully puts a hand on Black who doesn't move, like he really is a statue. Oh no, is he broken or something?! Wait, where is Chanyeol?! Is Chanyeol alright?!

 

C-Chanyeol? Kris?”

 

Baekhyun hurries to put away the teacup and gets up to look for the two giants. But before he gets anywhere, the air around him gets thicker and heavier and then it starts to feel static. It's like there is electricity in the air!

 

C-Chanyeol?! T-There is something weird going on!”

 

Baekhyun hurries to call Chanyeol, but he gets no answer. Is he really alright?! Baekhyun tries to walk towards the direction where he saw Chanyeol and Kris walk earlier, but he doesn't get very far before the air gets really heavy and thick so it literally forces Baekhyun down to the floor where he can barely move. And then everything disappears in one single second.

The air that felt so heavy and thick suddenly lifts and Baekhyun feels almost lighter than he was before. He gasps a little as he tries to understand what is going on. After the heavy air, his head feels a little dizzy, but it's nothing dangerous. Slowly Baekhyun stands up as he lets out a small sigh, he's alright!

But little does he know that he's not alone in the room anymore. Gray and Black suddenly wakes up to life behind Baekhyun's back as they hiss furiously. Baekhyun turns around startled and mostly surprised as he stares at what Gray and Black is hissing at. A sudden fear grabs Baekhyun as he stares at two young man stand in the middle room with red glowing eyes. All they had to do was to look at Baekhyun before he lets out a loud, but mostly freaked out shriek.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Hurry, they're almost here!”

 

Kris nods as he grabs everything he can before they rush out of the room, but they're too late by the time they exit it.

 

KYAAAAAA!!!!”
“B-Baekhyun!”

 

Chanyeol literally drops everything he held as he sprints down the corridor with Kris after him. There is no point in bringing over seals to a fight where they can't use them anyway. Chanyeol runs as fast as he can as he hears both Black and Gray hiss. Something is definitely not right!

 

Baekhyun! I'm coming!”

 

Chanyeol and Kris sprints over to the living room as they get ready to fight whoever who is in the house. But when they arrive, they both totally stop from moving. Kris lets out a small chuckle after a while as Chanyeol stares at the pale Baekhyun who sits collapsed on the floor. In front of him stands two young men, but they're not strangers to them at all.

 

C-Calm down little guy, w-we didn't mean to scare you.”
“Y-Yo Kris, w-we're back home.”

 

Chanyeol stares at the young men as he can't help but to let out a chuckle. Baekhyun looks totally terrified and the young men looks mostly worried and the youngest one looks to have panic. Kris bursts out in laughter as he walks over to the young men as Baekhyun stares at them with teary eyes. Chanyeol hurries over to Baekhyun as he glances up at Kris.

 

Chen! Xiumin! You damn bastard, you scared the out of us!”

 

Chanyeol recognizes the names as he stares at the two young men. Wait... Don't they live here in the mansion with Kris?! Then why the hell didn't Kris recognize them from the beginning?!

 

S-Sorry, we didn't mean too scare you.”
“A lot of things happened and it's chaos in the cities. So we didn't dare to stay for much longer.”
“So we decided to make our way back home before something bad happens.”
“Yah, at least teleport yourself to the hallway and not to the living room just like that.”
“Hey... Is that... a human?”

 

Chen stares suspiciously at the poor pale Baekhyun. Oh no, he's really pale now! W-What if he faints?! Chanyeol doesn't know what to do with humans that faints! He's not used to even be around humans like this!

 

Calm down Baekhyun, they're with us. They're friends. They won't hurt you.”
“Did you just say... Bacon?”
“It's Baekhyun and not Bacon. And he's not food.”
“T-They're human eating demons?!”
“We're not human eating demons! We're like them!”

 

Chen looks pissed off as he points towards Kris. Baekhyun's face turns a little more pale as he literally curls together and pulls Chanyeol's arms around him. Woah, he's super cute when he takes control over Chanyeol like this, but it's also a little pity to see him this terrified.

 

Baekhyun, I told you that they're friends. When Kris said that you're not food, he meant that you're not Bacon. You know, your name does sound a lot like that-”
“I-I'm not Bacon! I'm Baekhyun!”
“We know that little guy, no need to scream. We heard Kris the first time.”

 

Xiumin tries to be kinder towards Baekhyun than Chen is. Xiumin smiles and tries to use a gentle voice, but Chen is really pissed off. Maybe he's upset about not being able to spend his time alone with Xiumin? Or maybe he has something against humans? Well, Chanyeol knows that Chen has helped him out a couple of times before and he doesn't really hate humans.

 

Long time no seen Chen.”
“The same Chanyeol. I thought I would never see you again.”
“Well, the world truly is a small place. Or rather, Earth is a small place.”
“I agree. But hey... Isn't that... the human... you asked about?”

 

Chanyeol recalls that he asked Chen for information about Baekhyun, but how the hell does Chen remember all that so well? Or, well, it wasn't that long ago since Baekhyun and Chanyeol actually met. It was only a couple of days ago Chanyeol sneaked into Baekhyun's house to check the boy and then everything turned into a huge disaster.

 

Yes, this is Baekhyun, the one I asked you about.”
“H-Huh?! W-What do you mean when you say that?!”

 

Baekhyun looks to freak out a little more, which isn't weird since there is suddenly four demons in the room that is talking about him. And since Baekhyun is being chased by like a thousand demons, it's not weird that he gets scared and freaks out when they talk this mysteriously about him.

 

Calm down Baekhyun, I will tell you everything, I promise. But first, what about we get you out of the room for a while?”

 

Baekhyun stares intensively at Chen and Xiumin, like he expects them to suddenly attack him. But they don't move, even when Kris offers them to sit down on the couch with him. It's like they know that they will scare Baekhyun to death if they move. Gray and Black meows loudly as they finally catch Baekhyun's attention for a couple of seconds.

 

W-What are they... saying?”
“Let's get out of here before you becomes a snowball or something!”
“Yeah, let's ditch those weirdos and get some peace!”

 

Chanyeol chuckles as Baekhyun hurries to look at him with serious eyes. He's probably worried, but Chanyeol can assure him that nothing is wrong. Everything is perfectly fine and there is absolutely no danger here.

 

They said that you should take a break from all those surprises and go and rest with them.”
“Yah, Chanyeol, do you know how terrible you are at translating?”
“Yeah! We said clearly that we should ditch you crazy demons and-”

“Don't get cocky you two, we all can still understand you. Except for Baekhyun.”

 

Kris and Chen glares at the cats while Xiumin chuckles. Finally, the mood in the room begins to ease up a little and the heavy mood is gone. Baekhyun looks a little less pale now and he even dares to look at Chen and Xiumin once again.

 

Well, maybe Baekhyun should go and take a break now? What do you say Chanyeol?”
“I think so as well. Well then Baekhyun, let's go and take a break.”

 

Baekhyun manages to nod a little as Chanyeol gently helps Baekhyun to stand up. But it looks like Baekhyun's legs aren't ready to walk yet, so Chanyeol decides to pick Baekhyun up into his arm. Baekhyun doesn't protest for once as Chanyeol carries Baekhyun out of the room with Gray and Black following him.

 

We will go back to our room and rest for a while. How is your heart doing?”
“I think it died for a couple of seconds...”

 

Chanyeol nods understanding as Baekhyun leans his head against Chanyeol's chest. Of course it feels somewhat weird to have Baekhyun leaning to him like this, but it also feels quite good. Baekhyun doesn't say that much as Chanyeol brings him upstairs in silence. For now, he thinks he will have to let Baekhyun rest and later they should try to go downstairs to Kris and the others again. But for now, let's try to calm him down first.

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup?! :D

So, today I finally got to update again :D *cheers happily in the corner of my room all alone*.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, because I really enjoyed writing it. Anyway, I want to thank you all for reading and supporting this fiction! ^.^

And thank you for your love you have shown me and this fiction. All upvotes, comments and subscriptions are very appreciate, but isn't a must! Though, like I said, it's very appreciated and it motivates me to write more! ^.^

For now I don't have anything else to say except: let's stay tuned for the next chapter! Have a nice continuing day/morning/afternoon/evening! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3
/ Lovelo