Frozen?

Demonic Love

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Chanyeol! Please get yourself together!”

 

Baekhyun shakes Chanyeol's body violently while he screams at him, but despite all his effort, nothing happens. Baekhyun feels how the panic and fear grabs him: what is going on? He quickly looks around in the room in case someone is going to pop up out of nowhere, but for now nothing is happening.

 

Please don't do this to me...”

 

Baekhyun shakes his head and tries to calm himself down. If he wants to find out what is going on, he should begin with calming himself down. Baekhyun takes a couple of deep breaths before he grabs Chanyeol's arms again and gently shakes him.

 

Chanyeol, can you hear me? Are you there? Please wake up from this weird... I don't even know what it is! Please just wake up!”

 

Baekhyun whines desperately at the frozen Chanyeol, but nothing happens. What is he supposed to do now? Baekhyun remembers the cats as he quickly turns to them, but they're still frozen on the very spot. Oh come on! Why is he the only one who can move?! Why is everything frozen?! Or wait... Is everything really “frozen”?

 

A clock... I need a clock!”

 

Baekhyun quickly sprints out to Kris' library, he thinks he saw an old ticking clock by one of the bookshelves earlier today. Baekhyun stops in front of the old clock, but it's not moving. It's pendulum inside the giant clock is literally stuck in the air, which means that something is definitely wrong.

 

Wait... If the clock isn't moving... Has the time stopped?”

 

Baekhyun lets the words sink into him before he realizes what is going on. The time has stopped! Of course, that's why no one is moving! Wait... Why is he moving?

 

You're quite clever to be a human. Good job, you found out the truth.”

 

A cold and slightly honey like voice echoes through the room and makes Baekhyun's whole body stop moving. What. Was. that? Baekhyun slowly turns around to find a young and rather handsome man in front of him. The man is quite tall, but not as tall as Kris or Chanyeol. He has pitch black hair that is styled nicely and his face reminds Baekhyun of an actor's face from a drama he saw the other day.

Baekhyun watches the man smirk at him with his dark eyes watching him carefully. As fast the man starts moving, Baekhyun wakes up from his paralysis. Baekhyun grabs the first thing he can find, which is a book, before he holds it up in a threatening way. Honestly he feels really stupid while holding up the book, but it's the only thing he can use to his defense.

 

Oh please, do me the favor and throw the book at me. Please, go ahead and see what happens. I think it will amuse you.”

 

Baekhyun hesitates as he gulps slowly. Is the man joking with him or is he trying to scare him? The man smirks as he takes a step closer to Baekhyun, but Baekhyun has had enough. He throws the book at the man, but to his surprise the book stops in the middle of the air.

 

Haha, isn't is amusing? Well, you're a human, you couldn't know that throwing things won't help you at all. I have stopped the time, remember? As fast the book leaves your hand, it stops from moving. Isn't is amusing?”
“W-Who are you?! W-What do you want?!”
“Who am I? How nice of you to ask, though there is no point for me to tell you my name.”
“D-Don't mess around with me! I-I know hapkido!”
“Hapkido? What's that? Some kind of magic?”
“N-No... I-It's martial arts.”
“Oh, you mean those weird fighting movements you humans invented to protect yourselves? How cute of you to threaten me with such an useless thing.”
“D-Don't come near me!”

 

Baekhyun grabs another book, but then again he remembers what happens if he throws it. The man in front of him smirks happily as he walks closer to Baekhyun. Baekhyun looks around in the room for something else to grab, but whatever he grabs will stop moving if he lets go off it. Baekhyun curses mentally as he looks back at the man. At this rate he will be in serious trouble!

 

Now, let's not play for much longer-”
“Don't touch me!”

 

Baekhyun slams the book his holding right into the man's face before he sprints towards the exit of the library. He can hear an amused laugh from behind him, which means that the man didn't even take any damage from the hit.

 

Let's play a game then! Let's see how long you can withstand me! If I catch you, it's game over! Now, show me what you can do, you human!”

 

Baekhyun feels the panic grab him as he sprints towards the living room. He spots Chanyeol on the couch where he left him, but he's still not moving. Baekhyun curses mentally as he looks behind him. The man is already running after him, at this rate Baekhyun's head will be lying on the floor.

 

Come on, can't you run any faster? This won't be a very long game if you keep running like that.”
“L-Leave me alone! Go away!”

 

Baekhyun runs around the couch, but it's no idea to hide behind it. Chanyeol is still stopped in time, so are the cats and so are Kris and Xiumin and even Chen. What is he supposed to do?! Baekhyun looks around the room to find a way to get away, but he can't think of anything. The man suddenly starts moving again, this time much faster than before. He sprints over to the couch and jumps over it with ease. Baekhyun lets out a small shriek when the man tries to grab him, but he somehow manages to throw himself to the side before the man's hand managed to get a grip of his shirt.

 

Good! You have wonderful reflexes! Let's see how long you can dodge me!”

 

Baekhyun sprints towards the stairs, but the man is fast to block the way out of the living room. He smirks happily and throws himself towards Baekhyun who is forced to throw himself down onto the floor and crawl underneath the man. A laughter is heard from the man while Baekhyun manages to exit the living room.

Baekhyun runs down the corridor while panting like a fool. Running has never been his specialty and it never will be. While running Baekhyun tries to think of a plan or some kind of strategy to get rid of the weird man whom is chasing him, but it's hard to both run, look over his shoulder and think of a strategy at the same time. All he can think of is his beating heart and how sweat has begun to stream down his forehead.

 

Don't even try to run towards the stairs! You're mine!”

 

Baekhyun nearly reaches the stairs when the man's voice echoes behind him. The man is fast, much faster than any other person Baekhyun has seen. He reaches Baekhyun within a second and his hand grazes one of Baekhyun's shoulders. Baekhyun's body moves on it own and his hands grabs the man's hand. With all his power he got left in his body, he throws the man over his shoulder and slams him towards the ground.

 

Got you.”

 

Baekhyun watches the man land on his feet and is fast to grab Baekhyun's wrist. It only takes a second before Baekhyun's back gets slammed down against the floor. All the air inside of him slips out as fast he hits the floor, he has never felt someone slam him down with such force before. Baekhyun gasps for air while trying to get up of the floor while the man watches him in amusement.

 

I admit, you surprised me when you suddenly grabbed me like that. Though, it's game over now. It was fun to play with you, but right now I'm not in the mood to play.”

 

Baekhyun manages to get up on his knee and catch his breath before the man starts moving again. Baekhyun quickly holds up a hand as he cough for air before he gets up on his feet.

 

W-Wait, please, I want to ask you something first.”

 

The man stops dead and stares at Baekhyun with a speechless expression in his face. He suddenly burst out in laughter and holds a hand over his stomach like Baekhyun had said something hilarious. He laughs for a couple of seconds before he stops dead. As fast the man stops laughing, his eyes become cold and dark and Baekhyun can literally see the murderous feelings he's bearing with him.

 

You...? Are you stupid or something? You want to ask me a question? Seriously, I thought you wouldn't dare to speak to me since you live with four other demons.”
“W-Who are you? W-Why are you here?”
“Yah... How dare you, a human, even speak up to me? I'm not just an ordinary demon, I'm a high class demon!”
“T-Then what are you doing here? I mean, if I'm just a human, t-then why would you waste your time on me?”
“Because I'm BORED. I'm so freaking bored and I want to kill something! You're a nuisance to my brothers, so I decided to get rid of you!”
“W-Wait-!”
“Yah! I'm not that stupid, actually it's the opposite. I know what you're trying to do, you're trying to distract me while trying to come up with a plan.”

 

Baekhyun is left speechless. So this demon isn't that stupid huh? Baekhyun curses mentally as the demon smirks wider. Baekhyun stumbles backwards towards the wall while the man walks closer to him. Baekhyun is defenseless, he can't win against this guy. If he doesn't think of something quickly, he will be dead.

 

Let's have some fun, shall we?”

 

Baekhyun feels how his body gets ready to run as he gulps. If he doesn't run, he will get killed. But if he runs, he won't get away from the guy in front of him. He has no choice, he has to try!

 

Oh, are you going to try to run? Well, we got plenty of time for more games then!”

 

The man smirks as he throws a punch towards Baekhyun who dodges it, but the man is fast to grab him instead and slams him up against the wall. Baekhyun whines in pain as the man quickly slams him down onto the floor and then kicks him away. Like Baekhyun thought, he's no match for him.

 

Come on, run then! Let's see how many times I can beat you up before you stop moving!”

 

***

 

Come on! Run! Keep running my little pray!”

 

Baekhyun gasps for air and nearly collapses on his way into the living room. He can't keep this up for much longer. He has been beaten, slammed up against a wall and even scratched over and over again. His body is sour and he's energy is running low. He's too tired and exhausted to keep dodging all the deadly kicks, punches and grips the man is trying to hit him with.

 

Now, you have dodge me quite well, but I think it's time to finish this. I don't have much more time left here with you, I still have to be somewhere else.”
“L-Leave me alone... I-I haven't done anything towards you-”
“I don't care, I just want to see some blood on my hands. Now, let's have some sweet time together, my little prey.”

 

The man smirks happily and quickly gets over to Baekhyun who tries to get away from the man, but he only ends up tripping and falling to the floor. The man quickly takes his chance to strike Baekhyun, he sprints over to him and reaches out his hand towards Baekhyun's face. Baekhyun can't even shriek in fear this time, he only closes his eyes and prepares to feel the pain.

When the pain never reaches him, Baekhyun decides to look up to find the man sit in front of him with a smirk on his lips. His eyes are still filled with a cold and rather dark feeling, but his murderous intentions seem to be gone. Baekhyun stares speechless at the man who suddenly places his hand against Baekhyun's chest while mumbling. It's strange but his words sounds dark and they make Baekhyun feel uncomfortable.

 

Let's see if you're the chosen one like I heard...”

 

Baekhyun suddenly feels a weird energy flow through him. At first it didn't feel weird, but then it became stronger and his body begun to feel pain from it. Baekhyun screams in pain as he tries to push the man away, but he only forces Baekhyun down onto he floor. Baekhyun cries in pain as the man smirks happily. It feels like he's literally tearing Baekhyun apart from the inside.

 

STOP IT!”

 

In that exact moment the man gets attacked by four fast small shadows. The man whines in pain as four cats are hissing angrily at him. Baekhyun struggles to sit up as the painful energy leaves his body. What... happened?

 

You damn little-”
“Baekhyun!”

 

Chanyeol literally flies up of the couch and runs over to the demon man in front of him. The man curses again and is fast to mumble dark words. Before Chanyeol manages to punch the demon man, the man disappears into a dark smoke that covers the whole room. Baekhyun coughs slightly before Chanyeol crouches down to him and helps him to sit up on the floor.

 

Are you alright?! Did he do all this?! Yah, how could you end up like this?!”

 

Chanyeol is in pure panic. He's screaming while trying to check Baekhyun's wounds without touching him. It doesn't take very long before Kris, Xiumin and Chen come running into the room with wide eyes. The cats sits around Baekhyun and are watching them all with their slightly glowing eyes.

 

It looks like the human was attacked by a high rank demon.”
“How could he get into the house without us noticing?”
“He hurt him quite badly, we're lucky that his magic wore off before he could have killed him.”
“Chanyeol, did you see who the demon was?”

“No, I didn't see who he was. Or... Actually, I already think I know who it was.”

 

Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol and then at the cats. He stares at the cats as he suddenly realizes something, he thinks he heard four other voices besides Chanyeol's voice. He looks up at Xiumin, Chen and Kris, but none of them has opened their mouths yet.

 

Baekhyun, are you alright? Are you in pain? Should I get you something?”
“I... I don't know...”

 

Baekhyun holds a hand against his head while trying to calm his still panicking brain. Okay, so he was just attacked by a demon and then saved by both Chanyeol and the cats. But... Why is he hearing four other voices besides Kris', Chen's, Xiumin's and Chanyeol's?

 

Chanyeol, put Baekhyun on the couch.”
“Yah, don't just stand there and let him sit on the cold floor.”
“Kris, get some warm water and towels to wash his wounds.”
“Or just something that can be helpful.”

“O-Omo! T-The cats! T-The cats are talking!”

 

Baekhyun stares at the cats who are now staring at him. He thought that he heard four other voices, there is no doubt that they come from the cats. Chanyeol and the others stare with wide eyes at Baekhyun who is as speechless as them. Did he just hear four cats talk to the others? Is he going crazy?

 

Baekhyun... A-Are you serious? Did you hear them?”
“I... I think so... A-Am I going crazy...?”

 

Baekhyun holds a hand against his head and whines. Everything hurts and his mind is starting to feel slightly messed up. Whatever he heard, it wasn't coming from Chanyeol or the others. The only other living things in here are the cats and it would make sense that he heard them. But on the other hand, he has never heard them before and he's not supposed to be able to hear them.

 

Chanyeol... Get Baekhyun off the floor, now.”
“I will fetch some water and towels.”
“You four, get out of the way will you?”

 

Baekhyun feels how Chanyeol's arms get wrapped around him as he carefully lifts him up of the floor. Baekhyun quickly wraps his arms around Chanyeol's neck in case Chanyeol would accidentally drop him. Chanyeol gently lets Baekhyun down onto the couch before he starts checking Baekhyun's wounds again.

 

That damn bastard... He dared to hurt you...”

 

Chanyeol's eyes turns more and more dark the more wounds he finds on Baekhyun's body, but the weird thing is, Baekhyun doesn't feel scared. This is the first time he has seen Chanyeol with such dark eyes, but he's as calm as before. That's strange, the other demon man made him feel both scared and uncomfortable, but not Chanyeol. Is he out of his mind or something?

 

Baekhyun, would you mind telling me what exactly happened.”
“I would like to know that as well. You were sitting with me on the couch and then the next second you were like this on the floor.”
“Well... I'm not totally sure what happened either... All I know that you all just stopped moving out of nowhere.”

 

Baekhyun lets out a small sighs as he closes his eyes. What did actually happen? Wait... He did figure out what had happened earlier, before the demon showed up he was in the library and checked the old pendulum clock. That's right, the time had stopped!

 

That demon, he stopped the time... Though, I don't understand why he didn't stop me from moving as well.”
“Did he say anything to you? Or did he just try to kill you right away?”
“He said... He said he wanted to play...”

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes to stare at Chanyeol, though the giant isn't looking like himself. His eyes are pitch black, even his skin is slowly turning paler and small red cracks are shown across his skin. Baekhyun shivers slightly, but there is something deep inside of him that likes the sight of Chanyeol like this. It's the first time he has ever thought something this dark can be so beautiful.

 

Chanyeol, snap out of it! You will freak him out!”

 

Xiumin shoves Chanyeol to the side before he places a bowl of warm water beside the couch. Chen carries a couple of towels in his hand while Kris is taking a look around the house. Chanyeol is fast to snap out of his anger and looks with concerned eyes at Baekhyun.

 

I'm sorry Baekhyun, I forgot that you're not used with seeing me like that.”
“It's alright, I didn't mind it at all.”

 

Both Chen and Xiumin stare speechless at Baekhyun while Chanyeol's eyes widens. Did he say something wrong? Baekhyun hears a chuckle behind his back and looks behind himself to find Kris staring at him with amused eyes. A pain suddenly hits him as he whines. That's right, he was beaten up by a demon just a moment ago. Maybe moving around like this isn't such a good idea?

 

Yah, sit still and let us get you back into one piece again.”
“Not to sound like a whining kid, but do you even know what to do?”

 

Everyone fall silent in the room while Baekhyun watches them all. Like he thought, none of them actually knows what to do. Baekhyun sighs as he holds out his hand towards Chen.

 

Give me a towel, I will do it myself.”
“I'm sorry that we're not much to help.”
“It's alright, I didn't expect you to know what to do anyway. You're not like me, it's not weird that you don't know what to do.”

 

Baekhyun lets out a small sigh: to fix himself will take a lot of time and effort since his whole body is in pain. Well, there isn't much he can do about it. He might be able to teach one of them what to do, but that will take time as well. Whatever he does, it will take time. Another sigh escapes his lips as he looks down at his hands, he's slightly bloody but mostly covered in bruises.

 

Baek, let me help you. Come here, let's get you up to our room instead.”
“Chanyeol, watch over him carefully until I come back to you later. There might be a second attempt to kill Baekhyun coming our way.”

 

Chanyeol nods as he turns to Baekhyun with a weak smile on his lips. He's obviously worried, but Baekhyun is scary calm. What is wrong with him? Baekhyun doesn't get too much time to think before Chanyeol grabs him to get him upstairs to their room. Hopefully he will be able to help Baekhyun clean his wounds and get some new clothes on.

 

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup?! ^.^

So I have managed to update the story again! *Cheers happily* I hope you all enjoyed reading the chapter and that you're looking forward to the other upcoming chapters. ^.^

I also want to thank you all for your support. It's soon Christmas time and I think it's important to tell everyone you're grateful towards that you are truly grateful. So listen carefully guys: I AM VERY GRATEFUL TOWARDS YOU! ^.^

I will try to update soon again, so please look forward to it and stay tuned! I love you all and I will try my best to make a good story for you! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3