Pissed?

Demonic Love

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Damn... Why are you still so pissed?”

 

Chanyeol glares at Chen who sighs, but he doesn't even try to glare back. Kris also lets out a sigh while Xiumin comes back with four glasses with a dark drink. Of course this is something Baekhyun can't drink since it contains special energy that only demons can withstand.

 

Now now, don't look so grumpy Chanyeol. We're sorry that we keep saying things you don't want Baekhyun to find out.”
“But you don't have to keep everything a secret to him.”
“It's not you who have to answer all the questions and I just don't think he should know too much about everything.”
“Why not?”
“Because it's nothing that concerns him and it will probably only be bothersome for him to worry about unnecessary things like our own problems.”

 

Kris sighs and gives Chanyeol a seriously pissed look. Hey, why is he suddenly so damn pissed?! Chanyeol glares back at Kris, but Xiumin interrupts them by slapping them both on their heads.

 

Stop that, you're not children! Seriously, start to behave! Maybe it's not so weird that Baekhyun gets pissed off when you're acting like children?!”

 

Chanyeol stares at Xiumin who sits down and grabs his glass with his drink. Chen does the same and then Kris. Chanyeol is the last one to give in and grabs his glass in silence. No one says anything for a while and the silence falls over the house. Woah, it's really quite here when no one is arguing.

 

Hey Chanyeol... Can you tell us why it's so wrong for Baekhyun to find out about us? You have a real reason behind your childish act, right?”
“I told you... It's just bothersome to explain everything...”
“So you rather make him upset and keep him in the dark just because it's bothersome?”
“Please don't do this to me, I don't have the power to explain to him that someone is after us. The higher ups are powerful people, they're high leveled demons who can easily kill us. If they decide to make a move and come after us, we're as good as dead. I don't want to worry Baekhyun about it, especially since he has enough burden on his own shoulders. So can you guys please try to not talk too much about our own problems in front of him?”

 

The others listen silently and wait until Chanyeol is done before they take a sip of their drinks. They don't say anything for a while, which makes Chanyeol wonder if they even heard what he said. Chanyeol is about to say something when Xiumin lets out a small sigh.

 

I think... I think this is a really stupid idea, but I won't tell him anything. If that is what you think is the right thing, I won't say anything unnecessary in front of him.”
“I will do as you wish since Xiumin says so, but I agree with him that it's not a good thing to keep everything a secret.”

 

Chanyeol feels a little relieved to hear that Chen and Xiumin are willing to do as he says, but Kris hasn't said anything yet. He seems to be thinking about something for a very long time before his eyes suddenly moves towards the living room door. Chanyeol glances over to see Kris' cat sit in the door opening.

 

Didn't he go with Baekhyun?”
“Ah, isn't that Brownie?”

 

Chanyeol spots Gray, Brownie and Chocolate, but not Black. Where is Black and where is Baekhyun? Is he still upstairs? Maybe he tried to sneak downstairs to eavesdrop on them? Well, that wouldn't surprise Chanyeol to be honest. He doesn't know Baekhyun very well, so it wouldn't surprise him if Baekhyun did such a thing.

 

Kris, the young human is fully asleep.”
“We didn't mean to make him fall asleep, but he looked really tired.”
“We only came to tell you that he's sleeping.”

“Well, thank you for the information.”
“That means you have to make sure to not wake him up.”

 

The cats glare towards Chanyeol and the others before they turn their backs towards them and leave the room. Chanyeol feels rather amused than pissed, the cats are acting really weird. He wonders what is going on and why the cats are acting like that. They are definitely not acting like themselves, that's for sure.

 

The cats are watching over Baekhyun so carefully, it's like they expect us to suddenly turn against Baekhyun.”
“Please don't say that Chen, you will worry Chanyeol.”
“Yah, I'm not that sensitive.”
“Oh you are sensitive, you can't even tell Baekhyun the truth. I haven't promised you that I won't tell Baekhyun anything, only Chen and Xiumin has.”
“Kris...”

 

Chanyeol feels how he nearly growls pissed towards Kris, but Xiumin only needs to put down his glass on the table to stop Chanyeol from trying to attack Kris. Like the cats said, they should try to not wake Baekhyun up, not right now that is.

 

Whatever... If you say anything to him, I will come after you.”
“Remember where you are staying Chanyeol, this is my territory.”
“We will be leaving soon anyway.”

 

Chanyeol gets up of the couch and puts the glass away before he leaves the living room. Great, now he's feeling more pissed than earlier. Chanyeol walks fast away from the living room and hurries to go upstairs before someone can try to stop him. He can feel how he clench his fists and how he struggles to not hit the wall beside him. He just needs to try to calm down a little.

Chanyeol enters his and Baekhyun's bedroom to find all four cats lie on the bed around Baekhyun. All anger and annoyance suddenly disappears as fast Chanyeol sees Baekhyun sleeping peacefully on the bed while hugging a pillow. He's mumbling in his sleep, but Chanyeol can't tell what he's saying.

The cats stare intensely at Chanyeol who sneaks over to the bed and slowly sits down besides Baekhyun. The boy keeps mumbling in his sleep and his words becoming more clear. Chanyeol can finally start hearing what Baekhyun is mumbling.

 

Don't go... Please... I won't hurt you... I promise to be good... Please... Don't leave me...”

 

Baekhyun twists a little while Black gets up and carefully walks over to Chanyeol. He slowly sits down onto Chanyeol's lap and starts purring when Chanyeol pets him.

 

Good job Black... Thank you for watching over him.”
“I'm a part of you, there is no point for me to ignore the boy.”
“But still... Thank you.”
“Chanyeol... The boy is someone you seriously should trust. I can sense a doubt inside of you, but you should know that he's thinking a lot about you. He went upstairs to keep himself shut and to calm himself down, so he wouldn't get mad at you. He even said that he didn't mean to pry too far when it comes to your personal business.”
“Black is right, this human is someone you all should treasure. If you are searching for a human life and to become more like humans, you should keep this boy near you.”
“Our masters are calling us, so we will leave now. Watch over the boy well Chanyeol.”
“And don't let him become cold or sick.”

“I promise to watch over him.”

 

Gray, Brownie and Chocolate gets of the bed and silently leaves the room. Chanyeol stares after them before Black jumps off his lap and lets Chanyeol lie down beside Baekhyun. The boy is still mumbling in his sleep and he's starting to look a little worried and anxious.

 

He seems to have a nightmare.”
“Mm... I can see that.”
“Aren't you going to do something?”
“What can I do? I don't know any magic that will remove nightmares, only magic that creates them.”
“You can always wake him up.”
“Won't he... be mad at me?”
“I think it's better to wake him up than to let him have the nightmare.”

 

Chanyeol sighs before he carefully puts a hand against Baekhyun's arm to wake him up from the nightmare he's having. But before Chanyeol can wake Baekhyun up, he hears the boy mumble something that hurts him slightly.

 

Chanyeol... Please don't go... Please... don't leave me...”

 

Chanyeol can feel his heart aching, but it won't stop him from waking Baekhyun up. He hurries to shake Baekhyun gently as he tries to use a soft and kind voice to wake him up.

 

Baekhyun... Baekhyun, please wake up. Baekhyun-ah.”

 

Chanyeol shakes Baekhyun until he wakes up. Black hurries to meow at Baekhyun who sits up quickly and Chanyeol does the same. Baekhyun looks confused around before he stares up at Chanyeol who smiles slightly towards the boy.

 

Are you alright? You seemed to have a nightmare. You were mumbling and-”

 

Before Chanyeol get to finish his sentence, Baekhyun nearly throws himself at Chanyeol and hugs him tightly. Chanyeol can't move, his whole body stops working and he just sits there on the bed with Baekhyun clinging onto him. What is he supposed to do now?

 

Baekhyun...? Is everything... alright?”

 

Chanyeol can hear how Baekhyun sobs and hugs him tighter, which makes everything a little more confusing. Even though Chanyeol feels rather puzzled, he decides to not ask any more questions and instead hugs Baekhyun back. It's a strange feeling to hug someone like this, but to him to hug Baekhyun feels quite natural. Isn't it strange?

 

It's alright... It was just a nightmare... I'm here...”

 

Baekhyun hugs Chanyeol for a long time while Black sits beside them and stares at them. After a couple of minutes, Baekhyun pulls out of the hug as he sits down beside Chanyeol. He's silent for another minute or two before he finally opens his mouth.

 

I'm sorry...”
“Sorry for what?”
“I got angry earlier... for nothing...”
“No... It wasn't nothing.”
“Are you... angry with me?”

 

Baekhyun looks a little anxious at Chanyeol who isn't sure what to answer. He felt quite pissed earlier when Baekhyun got angry, but now he can't remember why he even got angry. He feels stupid for even trying to be angry with Baekhyun.

 

No, I'm not angry with you.”
“Promise?”
“Don't worry Baekhyun, I'm not angry with you.”

 

Baekhyun lets out a small sighs: is he that relieved? Chanyeol can't help to feel like a jerk. He didn't intend to get angry with Baekhyun and he didn't intend to let the boy worry about this stupid matter. Actually, there are lots of things he doesn't mean to do, but he seems to do it anyways. It's really hard to not do things you don't intend to do.

 

Hey, are you alright? You seemed to have a rough nightmare.”
“I'm fine... A little shaken, but I'm fine. It was just a nightmare after all.”
“Hey, I have been thinking a little and... I think we should leave this place soon.”
“Didn't Kris say that it's more or less impossible to leave right now?”
“Yes, he said that because I haven't recovered my full strength yet. It's not impossible, but it's risky.”
“Then why are you in such a hurry? If you're scared that the others will tell me something-”
“It's not like that Baekhyun. I just feel like it's time to leave this place and get going. I don't want to involve Kris and the others with our problems.”
“I can understand how you feel and I have thought a little about it myself. But are you sure that this is the best choice? I'm not saying this because I'm scared or doesn't want to get hurt, I'm just making sure that you won't put yourself in danger. Even if you can protect me so doesn't it mean that you can protect yourself. If we leave, can you guarantee me that you can protect me AND you?”

 

Chanyeol feels how he falls into silence. He actually never considered himself when he thought about leaving this place. Honestly, he doesn't want to stay here for too long in case some demons will come here and involve Kris in this matter. But he's not sure if he can leave this place with Baekhyun and protect the boy and himself.

 

I can't guarantee that... But, if you're safe-”
“Please don't say that you will do anything as long I'm safe. What do you get out of this? You really should value your own life more Chanyeol.”
“There is nothing to value with it. It's just another life.”
“Then why are you protecting me? Isn't my life also just another life?”

 

Baekhyun stares with dead serious eyes at Chanyeol who can't help but to chuckle. Baekhyun just got him, didn't he? Chanyeol feels how he burst out in laughter, but Baekhyun doesn't look too amused. Chanyeol can't help it, he just finds it funny that Baekhyun actually said something like that to him.

 

What's so funny? Do you think I'm joking? Yah, don't make me angry. I'm dead serious!”
“I know that Baekhyun-ah, it's just that... You're so funny.”
“I seriously have no idea how I can be so damn funny when I'm dead serious. Are you mad or something? That would explain a lot if I'm going to be honest.”
“Thank you Baekhyun-ah.”
“For what? For calling you mad?”
“Haha, no silly. Thank you for valuing my life.”

 

Baekhyun suddenly falls silent and a weak blush sneaks upon his cheeks. Chanyeol can't help it, he finds Baekhyun so damn cute. Chanyeol leans closer to Baekhyun and smiles widely before Baekhyun slaps his arm lightly.

 

Don't you dare to say it, I'm not cute. Let's go to bed and sleep.”
“Baekhyun-ah... I think I can eat you up as cute you are.”
“S-Shut up you damn ert!”
“Haha, I don't mind being a ert if that means I can see more of your cuteness.”
“Seriously, you have no shame!”

 

Baekhyun dives down under a blanket and buries his head into a pillow before mumbling a goodnight. Chanyeol chuckles in amusement; Baekhyun is really strange sometimes. But if he wouldn't be strange, then he wouldn't be able to stay with Chanyeol like this. Chanyeol glances down at Black who meows before he lies down on the bed to sleep. Since everyone else is going to sleep, Chanyeol will do the same.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun pats all the cats carefully and makes sure that they all get their petting time. The others (the demons) are busy with their own business. Kris is hiding in his bedroom while Chanyeol is reading an ancient book. Xiumin and Chen are mostly locked up in their own room or inside Kris' library, so Baekhyun doesn't see them too much.

 

Uhm Chanyeol, I don't want to disturb you or anything, but I think the cats are hungry.”
“They will have to wait...”

 

Baekhyun holds in a sigh as he looks down at the cats. They must be hungry since they're meowing and looks towards the kitchen the whole time. Baekhyun was told to not feed them himself, apparently the owners of these cats find it disturbing if he does feed them.

It's been a couple of days since Chen and Xiumin returned to the mansion and it's been nearly two weeks since Chanyeol and Baekhyun more or less fled from Seoul. Baekhyun doesn't want to complain or sound whiny, but he's quite bored. Chanyeol is busy with “studying” and Baekhyun doesn't even want (or dares) to hangout with the other young men who lives here.

The cats meow louder by now, they want their food and it's now. Chanyeol sighs from the couch he's sitting one while he tries to concentrate on his book. Baekhyun smiles when he sees how Black walks over to Chanyeol and jumps up onto the couch. The cat gets up to Chanyeol's ear and meows loudly right into it.

 

I know that you're hungry! I'm not stupid! I can hear you!”
“Meow!”
“No! I won't feed you yet! It's too early!”
“Meow!”
“No!”

 

Baekhyun laughs when he sees Chanyeol argue with Black. It doesn't take long before the cats join Black and Chanyeol looks like he's about to go mad. Baekhyun gets up and quickly grabs Black and pets his head to calm him down. The other cats meow jealously at Black who looks rather satisfied at the moment.

 

Thank god that he shut up...”
“Hey Chanyeol... Why don't you just feed them?”
“Because then he will think that he decides when to eat.”
“But if you're hungry, don't you go and eat something?”
“Of course I do.”
“Then why don't you let Black eat-”
“He's a damn cat!”
“So what?”
“Geez, forget him already. Why don't you come and sit beside me for a while?”

 

Chanyeol pats the spot beside him on the couch and slightly scoots to the side to give Baekhyun some more space to sit down on. Baekhyun hesitates before he lets down Black onto the floor and walks over to the couch. Baekhyun drops his body down onto the couch beside Chanyeol who smiles satisfied, just like Black had done. What's wrong with those two?

 

Much better.”
“So, what are you reading?”
“I'm studying.
“I know that, you said that before. But what are you studying?”
“Demon stuff.”
“Mind telling me?”
“Haven't we talked about this already? I told you, I won't tell you anything-”
“Fine, I get it.”

 

Baekhyun holds in a sigh as he looks down at the cats. They're glaring at Chanyeol like they're ready to bite him and scratch his eyes out. Baekhyun chuckles while Chanyeol goes back to reading. Once again the room is quite silent and Baekhyun is as bored as before.

 

Why don't you read a book while sitting here?”
“I don't know...”
“Do whatever you want, as long you don't disturb the others.”

 

Baekhyun nods slowly as he stares down at his own feet for a while before he looks up at Chanyeol. The giant is still not moving or saying anything. Baekhyun sighs and closes his eyes. As fast he closes his eyes, a strange feeling washes over him. He opens his eyes quickly and stares down at the cat who are either standing or sitting on the floor. But something isn't quite right with them.

Baekhyun stares at the cats that looks like they're frozen. Baekhyun quickly reaches his hand out to them, but nothing happens. They're not blinking or breathing; something is definitely wrong. Baekhyun quickly turns to Chanyeol, but something is wrong with him as well. Baekhyun nearly flies up off the couch as he waves a hand in front of Chanyeol's eyes. Nothing happens, Chanyeol is totally frozen.

 

Chanyeol! Yah! W-What's wrong?!”

 

Baekhyun feels the fear grabs him: what is going on?! Baekhyun turns around quickly and sprints towards Kris' library in hope to find Chen and Xiumin, they might be normal after all. He stumbles into the library and spots the two young male sit frozen on a chair each. Baekhyun groans frustrated as he sprints back to Chanyeol who are still frozen.

 

CHANYEOL! WAKE UP!”

 

Baekhyun isn't sure what to do, it's like everything has stopped moving. Wait, Kris might still be around! But running upstairs to Kris room will take forever, especially since Baekhyun isn't a very fit person and running is his worst nightmare.

 

KRIS! WU YIFAN! SIR! ARE YOU THERE?!”

 

Baekhyun screams, but nothing happens. Everything is silent and the longer he stands here, the more crazy he becomes. What is going on?

 

 


Ayo guys! How you doing~? ^.^

I don't really know what to say right here, I just felt like saying hi! I also want to mention that you guys are the greatest readers I ever have met! I love you so much! ^.^

If you feel like it, leave a comment or upvote the story! If you like what you're reading, please share it with your friends or just let me know that you like it! Everything you say or do is appreciated! ^.^

Thank you for supporting me! I love you all! <3

Peace and love to you all! <3