Truth

Demonic Love

Chapter 10

Truth

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun sat on the toilet and sobbed a little as Chanyeol wet a towel and then turned to Baekhyun to remove the makeup. Chanyeol gently rubbed the makeup away from Baekhyun's skin as he chuckled a little. Baekhyun had put on quite an act earlier, but was it all just to make Chanyeol to tell him the truth?

 

What's so funny?”
“I was just thinking... Did you do all this... to get to know the truth?”
“Mm...”

 

Baekhyun nodded a little as Chanyeol smiled at the boy. Baekhyun is truly cute even without trying. Chanyeol sighed a little as he felt how he gave in, he has to tell Baekhyun the truth. But he's still scared to be honest.

 

Chanyeol... I'm sorry... for... making you...”
“It's okay, just forget it. Let's get rid of the makeup for now, okay?”
“Hey... Why do you have makeup?”
“It's called disguising Baekhyun.”
“You mean cosplaying or what?”
“You can say that or you just put on makeup to look like someone else.”
“Is that... some kind of magical makeup?”
“I do got that, but what you used wasn't magical.”

 

Baekhyun went silent for a while as he seemed to think about what Chanyeol said. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun's face after he had removed all the makeup, he looks like normal again. Chanyeol smiled as he got up and threw the towel in the laundry basket. Then he turned to talk to Baekhyun, but Baekhyun had already left the bathroom.

 

Hey Baekhyun, where did you go?”
“I'm in the kitchen!”

 

Chanyeol sighed as he walked towards the kitchen to see what Baekhyun is up to this time. Chanyeol looked into the kitchen as he stared at Baekhyun who crouched down to the floor and patted Black. Black purred happily as Baekhyun smiled a little and then he looked up at Chanyeol.

 

What is it? You look really confused you know.”
“I'm sorry, it's just that... I'm starting to wonder if you're up to something or not.”
“No, not really. I was just going to fetch a bottle of water.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and let Baekhyun open the fridge and grab a bottle of water. Chanyeol looked down at Black who meowed loudly and walked over to Chanyeol. Black stared annoyed at Chanyeol as he meowed again and this time Chanyeol could hear that he was talking to him.

 

Idiot, why haven't you told him yet?! Don't you know that they're after us?! What if they attack and you can't protect him?! Will you die and let him try to survive without the knowledge about what is against him?!”

 

Chanyeol picked up Black fast and sneaked quickly over to his bedroom and closed the door. He let Black down on the floor as he walked over and sat down on the bed tired. He's not sure what he's supposed to do or think.

 

Didn't you receive a call last night?”
“I did... I'm not scared and I know I can protect him... I have protected him before and I can do it again.”
“But they're stronger now and you know that too. You need more power to be able to stand against them.”
“Where do I get that power from then?”
“Remember, I am a part of you but also your guide through life. There is something you never got to know my dear owner.”
“And what is that? That there is some kind of drink that makes me stronger?”
“No, not totally like that. You know the boy, Baekhyun, he's your source to power.”
“H-How can he...? Are you crazy?”
“You don't have to kill him or take his soul my dear owner. There is one more way, but it will only work if it's true love.”
“True... love? What do you mean?”
“There is a great power called love my dear owner and even someone like you can use it. All you have to do is to truly love someone and take their blood.”
“What?!”
“You heard me. If there is someone who are really dear to you, you can bit them and drink their blood in your demon mode. If you do that, you will receive great power.”
“I-I can't... t-take... T-That's... Black...”

 

Chanyeol stared at Black who purred a little before he sat down on the floor and begun preen himself. Chanyeol sighed as he stared down at the floor for a while in silence. It then hit him that Baekhyun must be wondering where he went off. Chanyeol got up of the bed as he walked towards the door to talk with Baekhyun again.

Chanyeol stopped dead in his walk towards the door as he just remembered, he promised to tell Baekhyun the truth. He made up his mind earlier to first not tell the boy if he really didn't have to, but now he knows that he have to tell him.

 

What are you waiting for? You know, it doesn't matter if you tell him now or later, one day you will have to tell him. If you wait, you might make the situation worse. Right now he thinks you're his guardian and he doesn't care if you're one of them or if you're an angel. He needs to know the truth if he's going to survive in this world, my dear owner. You can do it, so go out there and get him.”
“Yeah... You're right...”

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath before he walked over to the door and grabbed the doorknob to walk out to Baekhyun. It's time to tell the boy the truth, after all he deserves it. He deserves to know the truth.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sat on the couch and sighed a little bored. Chanyeol was in the kitchen with him and Black and suddenly both Chanyeol and Black was gone. Baekhyun figured out that they would have a secret conversation without him, so he decided to sit down on the couch and wait for them to come out.

Baekhyun played with the water bottle in his hands as he sighed once again. Before he knew it, he felt a presence come nearer him as he looked up to see Chanyeol come out of the bedroom and smiled this weird smile that said; “Hey... I really feel nervous for a reason I don't know...”.

 

Are you and your cat having fun with your secret conversations?”
“Well, no. Not really.”
“Not? Well I don't think it's that fun either, but it's kind of cool that your cat can talk. Though it can only talk with you, which is too bad.”
“Hey Baekhyun...”
“Yeah? What is it? Has something happened?”

 

Baekhyun asked as calmly he could as he sat straight up. Chanyeol walked over to the couch and sighed a little as Baekhyun just watched him. Baekhyun knows that he acted childishly before, but he just got frustrated to be honest and he's ashamed of it as well. He wants to apologize to Chanyeol who had to stand his childish behavior.

 

H-Hey, Chanyeol... I have to apologize... I don't know... what flew into me earlier. Listen, if you don't want to tell me, I... I'm okay with it. As long you promise me one thing.”
“W-What?”
“Promise to never ever leave me. You will have to stay with me until the very end, okay?”

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun in silence for a while, which made Baekhyun feel worried. What if he says something with that hey have to split up? Baekhyun doesn't want Chanyeol to leave him. To be honest, Baekhyun kind of... feels comfortable and carefree around Chanyeol. He wishes he could be like this all the time.

 

I wish I could promise that, but I have already promised myself something else.”
“W-What is that?”
“No matter what, I will be with you until I die. If I die protecting you, I'm really satisfied. All I want is to protect you after all. You're... my precious little light. My precious little treasure who are worth way more than any other treasure in all the dimensions.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he blushed. He doesn't know why, but it felt like Chanyeol literally told him that he kind of... really likes him. Baekhyun looked shy down on his lap as he felt Chanyeol's warm arms get wrapped around him and pulled him into a warm embrace.

 

Baekhyun... Please... Don't ever turn into someone who hates life... Please don't grow hatred towards anyone and whatever you do, don't ever seek revenge. It's... It's going to kill you if you seek revenge after I tell you the truth.”
“Y-You will... tell me the truth?”
“Yeah, it's better if I tell you now then later. Baekhyun... are you ready to hear the truth? Do you promise to listen to me the whole time and try to not get upset?”

 

Baekhyun hesitated before he nodded slowly. Chanyeol smiled weak at him before he took a deep breath. Baekhyun can feel his heart beat fast and he can't help to feel a little scared. What if Chanyeol tells him something that will make him feel even worse than he do or maybe did before? What if Chanyeol.... actually scares him away?

 

Before I met you, I was a terrible person Baekhyun... I... I literally worked for the devil himself. I was ordered around to kill innocent people, to kill the happiness and make everything worse for the humans. I truly thought that it was all I could do, so I kept do as he said. Until one day... It was the day I met you Baekhyun. I met the cutest and most wonderful 8 years old boy who literally opened my eyes. You literally made me think about what I was doing. You made me realize that if I killed you, I was truly going to be a monster. It was either you or your parents who had to die, but I couldn't kill them or you. I could definitely not kill you because you just looked so innocent and when you called me your guardian, I felt my heart feel warm for the first time. I have never experienced such a warm feeling and I couldn't stand the thought of you being an orphan just because a damn devil wants humans to suffer. I left you that night with a new mind. I rebelled against the devil and quit listening to him. I watched over you for a couple of months after my visit, but I got scared to hurt you if I was around for too long. So I left you alone in hope that nothing would happen to you while I was gone.”

 

Chanyeol went silence for a while as Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol with amazed eyes. He can't really believe what Chanyeol just told him. He just told Baekhyun that Baekhyun is the reason why he's not... a... a... What is he for something?

 

W-What are you if you're not... a guardian?”
“I'm not going to lie to you. I'm a demon Baekhyun.”
“A-A demon...? L-Like those who eats souls?”
“Don't worry, I won't take your soul. There are special kinds of demons Baekhyun, I'm not a soul eating demon. I'm more... a vampire demon. It sounds weird to say it like that, but hopefully you will get to know the difference one day.”
“T-Then... T-Those who killed my parents... w-were they...?”
“They were demons... There is a demon who took over my work when I left the devil. He took up the work I never finished and he just begun to finish the case that involves you Baekhyun. Your parents... got killed by the demon who took over my work. If I had killed your parents or you, they would have left you or your parents alone. Now they want all of you to die. But they want you to be in pain, to feel the sorrow of your parents death. They love to watch humans suffer... I once did too... Or that is what I thought. Today I feel sick of seeing people suffer. Yet I... I can't blame the demons who are still working for the devil.”
“T-The devil... W-Who is he?”
“The original devil a.k.a Lucifer was actually a fallen angel from heaven. He wanted more power than what the god, the angel's boss, could give him. So he tried to take over the place with other rebelling creatures. He failed and got thrown into the underworld where he created more of his own kind. He used his feathers and created demons that later on got children and the generations begun to grow. Then Lucifer died eventually and someone else had to take over. Today the devil is the strongest demon who deserves his throne. Yet he hasn't been able to kill all the demons that betrayed him and turned their backs on him. I'm one of them and right now, they're planning to kill you and probably try to kill me as well.”

 

Chanyeol went silence once again as he thought a little about what he said. Baekhyun stared down at his lap and for some seconds, he felt scared. He actually even begun to feel terrified. He's not terrified because of Chanyeol. No, he's terrified because of the fact that there are demons after him.

 

Are you... scared of me now?”
“No... I'm not scared of you... I'm scared of the other demons... Those who wants to hurt me... Those who wants to hurt you.”
“I'm okay, I don't care what happens to me anymore. You saved me Baekhyun and I will always be grateful to you. You can even say... that I love you.”

 

Baekhyun suddenly begun to blush as Chanyeol smiled this really charming smile. For some seconds, Baekhyun could sit like that forever and ever. But then reality hit him as he looked away and stared down at his lap again.

 

C-Chanyeol... Am I... really the only reason why you left the devil?”
“You can say that it was the cuteness of the 8 years old boy that woke me up from what I was doing. I... truly wish you happiness after getting involved with the devil's business. I just want to protect the only thing that is truly precious to me. My own little treasure.”
“D-Don't say that... I-I'm just one of thousands, no millions.”
“Me too, that's what's so funny with life. There are a thousand people around you who are like you, yet you're unique among them.”

 

Chanyeol went silent as his warm arms remained around Baekhyun's waist. Baekhyun sat silent for a long time as he almost wanted to close his eyes and dream away. But right now that is the most stupid idea ever.

 

So... You're telling me that... Almost every demon... will be after me?”
“No, not really. I'm telling you that there is one demon who took over my job and is after you. He will definitely have some other powerful demons with him, but not a thousand. You're just a human after all.”
“But... They're powerful?”
“Yeah, they are.”
“Are... you powerful?”
“I don't really know to be honest. But some people claim I'm pretty powerful.”
“You're my guardian... And you're real... And there are demons after me... Am I dreaming?”
“No, you're not dreaming. You're fully awake and I'm not lying.”

 

Baekhyun went silent again as Chanyeol nodded for himself. Baekhyun opened his water bottle as he drank some of the water and got a little startled by Black who jumped up beside him. He's not used with cats popping up everywhere when you're not expecting it.

 

So... What now?”
“What do you mean with what now?”
“Well... Is that all? Is that the terrible truth that you refused to tell me?”
“You do realize that I'm a demon?”
“Well... it feels really unreal, but yeah. But you're not one of them.”
“How can you just trust me like this?”
“Because if you would be one of them, wouldn't I be dead already?”

 

Chanyeol stared down at Baekhyun who put away the empty bottle as he looked back up at Chanyeol. Baekhyun watched Chanyeol stare at him until he finally opened his mouth again.

 

You do... have a good point.”
“I know right? I'm not very smart, but sometimes I do have a good point.”
“You're really cute when you drink water...”
“Why are you saying those kind of things just like that?!”
“But... You're cute... even when you're mad.”

 

Chanyeol looked like hypnotized as Baekhyun sighed. For some seconds, Baekhyun thought Chanyeol actually was more grownup and mature. He was so wrong. Chanyeol is just a demon guy who is obsessed with cute things. Well at least Baekhyun is happy to be called cute, even though he has heard it a couple of times before.

 

Don't tell me... You want me to do my aegyo performance again...”

 

Chanyeol didn't say anything as Baekhyun sighed. This giant, is he really a scary demon? Or is he just making things up? Is he making fun of Baekhyun? Maybe all this is fake-? No, it's not fake. If Baekhyun knows something so is it that all this isn't fake, no matter how unreal it might seem.

 

Why are you so silent?”
“Well... Since I'm not allowed to ask you to do your aegyo performance-”
“Fine! I will do it! But I want the bunny ears again.”
“You can go and take them again! Please entertain me!”
“That sounds... so wrong... in my ears...”
“Well... I don't mind being a little dirty minded.”
“It's nothing like that!”

 

Chanyeol laughed as Baekhyun got up of the couch fast as he hurried to get the damn rabbit fake ears. Chanyeol still laughed from the living room when Baekhyun entered the bedroom and picked up the fake rabbit ears that he had put on the bed earlier.

 

I wonder why he got those though... I wonder why they're pink of all colors... Is he gay or something...?”

 

Baekhyun mumbled as he walked back out to Chanyeol who sat inpatient at the couch and literally talked to his cat Black. If Baekhyun is going to be honest, Chanyeol looks like a maniac. If he didn't know that Chanyeol can communicate with his cat, he would have thought that Chanyeol is a maniac for real.

 

Okay, here we go. What kind of performance do you want?”
“Give me the cutest performance you can make!”
“But oppa, that will be really hard~ I don't know how to be really cute~”

 

Baekhyun talked with a pretty childish yet cute voice. Chanyeol almost giggled happily as Baekhyun sat down beside him to show him his aegyo performance one more time. But after that, Baekhyun planned to squeeze out some more information from Chanyeol. After all, he truly wants to know who killed his parents and who he should blame for it.

 


Ayo guys! Here I am again! ^.^

I have to apologize for the almost whole week late update, I'm so sorry *bows apologizing*

This was the last week in school before the summer break, which has finally begun and I got some times to correct my chapters and now I can update them! I know I'm late, but better late than never, right? ^.^

I just want to thank you all for reading and supporting this fiction! It means a lot to me, which I hope you guys understand! Thank you all for being awesome readers! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! But it isn't a must, so please don't feel forced! But it would be fun if someone would write a funny comment! ^.^

Well, that was all I had to say. I will try to update in time next time! I see you next time! Have a nice day/night/morning/afternoon/evening! Take care! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3