Time To Sleep

Demonic Love

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol groaned in pain when the sharp claws dug into his skin. He opened his eyes fast to find Black sit on his chest with his glowing yellow eyes. A weak yet serious meow echoed through the room as Chanyeol looked fast down to his side.

Baekhyun lies silently beside him, his eyes are closed and his chest is moving calmly. He's still sleeping. Chanyeol sighed out in relief as he slowly and silently sat up on the bed while Black jumped off his chest and walked over to the door that leads out to the rest of the house.

Chanyeol knows that he just intended to come up and check Baekhyun for a while before he would go back to Kris, but he ended up sleeping beside him for a while. Oh well, Chanyeol also needs to rest a little in between everything else.

 

I will be back later, okay? Sleep tight Baek.”

 

Chanyeol carefully sneaked out of the room and out to the corridor. Black ran towards the stairs as Chanyeol slowly closed the door to Baekhyun's room behind him. Then he walked towards the stairs while listening to the weak music that comes from the living room downstairs.

After he had walked downstairs and passed the big hallway, Chanyeol entered the even bigger living room as he found Kris sit in one of the three leather couches with his cat on his lap. Black jumped up on the first couch near Kris who looked up at Chanyeol while he entered the room.

 

You sure took your time.”
“Ah sorry, a lot has happened and I just wanted to make sure that he's alright.”
“That human... Who is he?”
“His name is Baekhyun and like I told you earlier, he's a very precious person to me.”
“I know that, but why is he so precious to you?”
“Well... You can say that he was the one who changed me.”
“I see.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he watched one of Kris' hands reach out to a small coffee table where a small whiskey glass stood. He grabbed the glass and lift it to his mouth and slowly drank the liquid inside of it. Chanyeol watched Kris in silence while Black carefully sneaked over to the other cat who had jumped off Kris' lap.

 

I have always wondered why you drink that.”
“You mean this?”

 

Kris held out the empty glass that had been filled with whiskey for only some seconds ago. Chanyeol nodded silently while Kris put back the glass on the coffee table.

 

Well, I just do. I don't know why, it's just something that keeps following me.”
“Is it fun to get drunk?”
“Yeah, until the hangover hits you.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled as Kris glanced over at Black and his own cat. They sat and stared intensely at each other, which means that they're having a very deep conversation with each other that neither Chanyeol or Kris can hear.

 

Can I ask you something?”
“Sure, anything.”
“Is your cat also quite harsh towards you from time to time?”
“Oh he was, until we learned how to get along better.”
“How the hell do you get along so well then?”

 

Chanyeol asked as he stared at Black. His cat isn't very gentle with him, but he can be really nice from time to time if he just wants too. But Black is... special.

 

Well, you will get along sooner or later.”
“You think so?”
“Yeah, everyone get along with their cat sooner or later.”
“If you say so.”
“Anyway, do you mind telling me about what happened with you guys in detail?”
“Oh right, so, uhm, where should I begin?”
“From the beginning.”
“Okay, I know where to begin. So, uhm, Baekhyun is someone precious to me and to be honest, I stayed away from him to keep him safe from other demons. From evil demons. Though they had already planned to kill Baekhyun's family and they managed to kill his parents, but Baekhyun was saved by a couple of angels. He doesn't quite believe that he was saved at first, but now he seems to accept it a little more.”
“Okay, so what happened next?”
“I heard about the demons killing Baekhyun's parents and I couldn't stay away from him any longer. I went back to him and I just planned to check up on him without him seeing me, during the night.”
“Good idea Sherlock. Not scary at all.”
“I know, it might have been stupid, but it was actually good that I went there that night. Baekhyun saw me and I don't want to go in on details, but he freaked out since he recognized me yet he didn't believe I exist.”
“How the hell did you meet him?”
“I will tell you that story another time, now let me finish this story. After managing to calm him down a little, I tried to talk to him. But it was then I felt the auras from other demons, coming towards our direction. They're after Baekhyun now and wants to kill him. I managed to take him to my apartment and hide him there for only one or two days, but then the demons found us.”
“Not weird, they're experts when it comes to seeking humans.”
“I know, but then they found out about me protecting Baekhyun and now they're after me as well.”
“Stupid idiot, if you knew that they would-”
“They have always been after my head, so why should I just watch Baekhyun die?”
“Why would you sacrifice your own safety for a human?”
“Because... Baekhyun was the one who opened my eyes.”
“Opened your eyes?”
“Kris, do you remember that day when I told you that I would leave and never return?”
“Yeah, that day I thought you had lost your mind since you wanted to go against the devil's orders.”
“That day was the day after I 'failed' a mission. I never 'failed' it, I decided on my own to not do it.”
“I have heard that story, that you refused to do as the devil ordered you and therefor everyone saw you as a betrayer.”
“I am a betrayer and I'm not afraid to admit it. I felt no joy in killing humans, I feel more joy protecting someone dear to me than letting that person die.”
“You have changed Park.”
“Yeah, you can't even understand how much everything has changed for me. My life, my thoughts, my feelings, everything is developing. I'm feeling more free, more at peace and less stressed and worried.”
“So... You took the human boy to your apartment... What happened next to make you come here?”
“Like I said, they found us and I managed to keep them away from Baekhyun while he packed a bag with Black. They had put an barrier around us so I had to run with Baekhyun and Black down the street while being chased by demons. We ran and barely made it out, I just managed to teleport us till here before a demon grabbed us.”
“You were lucky?”
“I don't know, but I know one thing. Baekhyun gave me strength, the strength to protect him. I felt more powerful when I knew that it wasn't just my life in danger, without his too.”
“So... That's it?”
“What do you mean with that's it?”
“I mean, you're done?”
“Yes, with the story that is.”
“Dude... How do you even...? Aish, never mind.”

 

Kris poured up another glass of whiskey as he glanced over at Chanyeol. He gave Chanyeol an offering look, but Chanyeol shook his head as he leaned back in the couch. He wonders what he should do next to keep him but mostly Baekhyun safe.

 

Like I said earlier, I think you should stay here until you have figured out your next step.”
“We will leave as fast my power is fully back.”
“And where are you planning to go?”
“To a strong barrier where we can hide.”
“And for how long do you think you can hide there? Two days? Four days? A week? Two weeks?”
“I know your point, but if we stay here for too long, they will find us and put you in danger.”
“This is my territory, not many are allowed to go near it. If I sense someone, I usually beat them up.”
“But you didn't do that to me.”
“How long did it take before I met you up?”
“Uhm... Only some seconds after we landed.”
“Then don't you think that I had plenty of time to figure out who you are?”
“Well that's true-”
“I let you be because you're an old friend. I attack those I don't like and those I don't trust.”

 

Kris spoke seriously as he drank some of his whiskey. He must have seen way too many movies lately... He's acting like the whole country's safety depends on him. Chanyeol sighed as he slowly sat up straight on the couch. Time to go back up to Baekhyun again?

 

Are you tired?”
“Yeah... I haven't used up that much power before in so few hours.”
“You should go and rest.”
“I would love to, thank you.”
“I would love to?”
“Yeah, got a problem with that?”
“Haha, no, not really. Just discovering more parts of you that has changed.”
“That sounds so wrong you know...”
“Oh shut up and go to bed with you.”
“That still sounds wrong...”
“Oh shut up Park!”

 

Kris chuckled as Chanyeol did as well. Black had left Kris' cat as he jumped down from the couch and begun to walk towards the stairs. Chanyeol got up as well as he tried to not look too tired.

 

Well then, I will see you tomorrow.”
“See you tomorrow.”

 

Chanyeol nodded a goodnight to Kris who nodded back before they split up. Chanyeol went out from the living room towards the stairs, while Kris leaned back in the couch and drank his whiskey in peace.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

What's this? Why is it so cold by his side all of the sudden? Baekhyun groaned tired as he tried to find the blanket on the bed, but he can't seem to find it. Where is Chanyeol? Shouldn't he be sleeping around here too? Baekhyun's hand touched the spot Chanyeol had fallen asleep on when Baekhyun's fell asleep. It's cold.

Baekhyun sat up on the bed while rubbing his eyes gently. The room is still dark and the window shows no sunlight, it's still night time. Baekhyun tried to force himself up of the bed, but his legs feels so tired and his body just wants to lay down and rest. Why does he feel so exhausted?

 

Baekhyun? You're awake?”

 

A deep voice echoed through the room as fast the door to the corridor got open. Baekhyun hadn't noticed the door get open at first and got startled by the sudden voice, but he recognizes it right away.

 

There you are... I was about to go... and look for you...”
“Haha, you look exhausted. Did I wake you up?”
“It got cold... without you here...”

 

Baekhyun mostly mumbled sleepily while Chanyeol walked over to the bed. Suddenly Black jumped up on the bed beside Baekhyun and his head against Baekhyun's arm. Baekhyun jumped startled from the act, but when he saw Black he just smiled.

 

Haha, it's really hard to see you in the dark Black...”
“Here Baekhyun, take the blanket.”
“Aren't you going to sleep here?”
“W-Won't you think it's weird if I-”
“Oh shut up, you're warm and I'm cold. Get over here and rest.”

 

Baekhyun spoke calmly now, he feels more awake and conscious now. He's not half asleep anymore. Chanyeol walked over to the bed with a blanket in his hand as he slowly handled it over to Baekhyun who grabbed it. But before Chanyeol could let go of the blanket, Baekhyun pulled the blanket along with Chanyeol down onto the bed as he laughed at the funny face he made.

 

Haha, you're looking funny!”
“You startled me, that's all.”
“Haha, come here now!”

 

Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's arm and pulled him up on the bed. Chanyeol slowly sat down beside Baekhyun who smiled happily at him. Why can't he just lay down and sleep beside him like he did before? It's not like Baekhyun will kill him if he does.

 

Come on now, you slept here earlier. Don't tell me you're scared of me.”
“I'm not scared of you.”
“Then do you dislike me?”
“No, of course not.”
“Then sleep right here.”
“Are you sure-?”
“If I wasn't sure, would I really ask you to sleep here?”

 

Chanyeol stared dumbly at Baekhyun who laughed at him. He looks kind of cute when he's looking dumb. Baekhyun lied down on the bed with Black on his right side and Chanyeol sitting on his left side. Baekhyun cuddled up against his pillows as he smiled at Chanyeol.

 

So, are you going to sleep or not?”
“Well...”
“Oh come on! Even Black is sleeping beside me already!”

 

Chanyeol sighed in defeat as he slowly lied down beside Baekhyun. The funny is, Baekhyun can tell how tensed Chanyeol is. He almost looks like a stiff wood-doll.

 

There, that wasn't that hard, right? Now the blanket.”

 

Baekhyun pulled the blanket over his and Chanyeol's body as he smiled kindly at him. Chanyeol looks a little nervous, but he tries hard to not show it.

 

Hey, why are you so tensed? I won't hurt you.”
“I-I'm not afraid to get hurt.”
“Then what is it?”
“I'm... I'm afraid to hurt you.”
“Oh silly! You won't hurt me!”
“Until today... I have never... slept beside a human... I didn't think about that when I fell asleep earlier today, but now...”
“Chanyeol, you didn't hurt me earlier. Do you truly think that you will hurt me now?”
“N-No...?”
“You won't hurt me. Now relax and don't think about that. Think about something else instead.”
“like what?”
“Like... My cute aegyo! You love aegyo, right?”
“Yeah... Your aegyo was so cute... I like your aegyo.”
“Good, then think about that while you're falling asleep.”
“Okay...”

 

Chanyeol begun to get more relaxed by now. His muscles relaxed and his body seemed to finally give in to the exhaustion. Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol who had closed his eyes while smiling like a fool. Is he really thinking about Baekhyun's aegyo? No, he can't be doing that. He wouldn't smile like that if he thought about Baekhyun's ridiculous aegyo.

 

***

 

Yes... Show me more aegyo...”
“Mm...? What did you say?”
“Haha... so cute... Give me a hug...”
“Wha-? H-HUH?!”

 

Baekhyun felt how Chanyeol's arms suddenly pulled him into a warm hug as he heard a weird sound being made from Chanyeol's mouth. Is he... giggling?! What is going on? Baekhyun looked tired at Chanyeol who squeezed him in his arms while looking like a fool. He's smiling like a fool even in his sleep?!

 

Yes, I want to see more aegyo... Haha, the bunny ears... They look so cute... You're so cute Baek...”
“C-Chanyeol?”
“Mm...?”
“What the hell are you saying?”
“Of course you can strip...”
“H-Huh?!”

 

Baekhyun sat up fast as he almost knocked over poor Black who flew up and landed right at Chanyeol. Within one second, Chanyeol sat up with a high pitched painful whine as he dragged Black of his chest who had his claws out.

 

Stupid cat! What was that for?!”
“That's my line! Why did you say that?!”
“W-Wait, what?”
“Y-You said I could strip for you!”
“A-Ah, that was just a dream-”
“Are you saying t-that-”
“N-No! Listen to what I have to say!”
“O-Okay... I will listen...”
“I dreamed that you... You performed aegyo again... And then you fell and got covered in chocolate and I promised to help you to get your clothes off since the chocolate had dried. You asked if you could strip of your shirt for me so you could take a shower.”
“W-Wait... It still sounds a lot like-”
“It was an innocent dream!”
“Really? Then you don't mind standing up right now.”
“S-Standing up?”
“Yeah, stand up.”
“Why? What are you planning?”
“Just stand up!”

 

Chanyeol looked a little nervous, but he slowly stood up as he stared dumbly at Baekhyun. Baekhyun secretly scanned Chanyeol's body from his head and downwards. When he had scanned him, he noticed that everything is perfectly fine, so... Chanyeol is innocent this time.

 

Okay, you're green.”
“What was that for?”
“I won't tell you... It's too embarrassing...”
“F-Fine... But let's just go back to sleep again. And you young man shouldn't attack me with your claws like that!”
“It might have been my fault... I scared him...”
“It's okay for this time then, but let's try to not do that again.”
“That guy you know... He must think we're crazy.”
“I think he already thought that the moment he saw us.”

 

Baekhyun laughed as he watched Chanyeol lay down beside him again. And BOOM! He turned into a stiff statue again. Baekhyun felt how he sighed as he stared at Chanyeol who tried to not look nervous.

 

There is something wrong with you! Stop do that!”
“Do what?”
“Stop being a statue!”
“I'm not a statue.”
“Then relax!”
“I am relaxed!”
“You're not relaxed! Just relax already!”
“F-Fine!”

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath before he slowly begun to relax. Baekhyun breathed tired out as he closed his eyes to sleep. He's too tired to deal with Chanyeol right now. And on top of that, they woke up in the middle of the night because of all this?

 

Goodnight Baekhyun. I'm sorry for waking you up.”
“It's alright, now sleep tight Chanyeol.”
“You too.”

 

Baekhyun smiled as he curled up against Chanyeol's side as he tried to fall asleep. It feels quite good to sleep beside someone like this, but Baekhyun won't admit it out loud. Not yet at least.

 


Ayo guys! I'm back! ^.^

I will try to make this message short. So I have had SOOO much to do and I'm so sorry that I didn't update for like ages! I hope you guys will forgive me! ^.^

But anyway, I want to thank you all for your wonderful support that you're showing me! I love you all and I'm so thankful that you guys read my fics (even though if they sometimes) ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are all up to you, but it's not a must! But it's very well appreciated! ^.^

Well, that was all I had to say for this time! I hope I see or hear from you guys soon again! Love you all! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3