The Safe House

Demonic Love

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

The night turns into day and soon it's already lunch time. They have been driving through the dark night with a rather high speed, mostly because Chanyeol was nervous that someone had caught up to them, but also because there aren't much traffic to stop them. They have caught up to where they are supposed to be yesterday evening, but they have wasted a half day on getting there. It's mostly his own fault since he got kidnapped and even got hurt, but it couldn't have been helped. Now they're finally back on track and Chanyeol even said that he hopes for them to arrive earlier than expected.

They have been going on like this for over a week now and not too much has happened, except the sudden kidnapping that occurred yesterday afternoon. Though, they don't dare to let down their guard at the moment. If two level 10 demons have been watching them for over a week, who knows how many more of them have been watching them? But shouldn't they have attacked them if they have found them...? A lot of things doesn't seem to make any sense to him since he gets a feeling that they should be able, with some help from each other, to take Chanyeol down. Why else would Chanyeol be so nervous?

The night was long and so was the morning, but now it's finally becoming better. They haven't talked too much since they left the hotel last night, but now when it's day time and some more traffic outside, Chanyeol seems to be more at ease. Maybe the dark night is making him uneasy? It would make sense since there aren't many people around which would give the demons a better opportunity to attack them. It would also make sense that demons move around more during the night since, well, it's night-time and he gets a feeling that there are more dark energy around them during the night.

The morning turned shortly into afternoon and the traffic becomes only worse and worse the further into the afternoon they come. They have been going nonstop for a couple of hours now and it's honestly a little tiresome. He doesn't want to complain, but a small break somewhere along the way would be nice. They have food and water, but he would like to stretch his legs and take a visit to a bathroom if possible. They have been going for nearly 12 hours now: shouldn't Chanyeol be tired as well? Maybe he could need a small break?

He carefully glances over at the taller man who is, as always, fully focused on the road. It's obvious that he's not thinking about where he's driving, without about who or what is coming after them. He gets a feeling that Chanyeol is busy with sensing what is around him and if there is any huge pile of dark energy near them. It would make sense for Chanyeol to be on his guard after the sudden kidnapping and he can easily tell that the giant is still rather uneasy and nervous. Though, he was much worse during the night compared to now. Maybe it's better for them to take a break now than later?

 

“Chanyeol... Are you perhaps getting tired or would like a small break?”
“A break...? No, I don't really need it. I'm not tired either.”
“Wouldn't it be better for us to take a really short break now than later? I don't know why, but I get a feeling that we're slightly safer during the day than during the evening and night.”
“Well... You are not wrong... On the other hand, I would rather avoid stopping at all...”
“I don't want to be a burden, but I could need a really short break. Only five minutes.”
“I see, if that is the case, you should have said so. I will find the nearest gas station and stop there. Though, I would appreciate it if we could get going as fast as possible.”
“Of course, I feel the same. I would like to avoid stopping, but sometimes it can't be helped. Though, I would rather stop now than later.”

 

Chanyeol only nods to an answer, like he's busy with sensing any dark energy around him once more. Is he getting tenser? Baekhyun wants to sigh so badly right now, but he doesn't want to worry Chanyeol. He will just shut up and lean back in his seat: they can't be too far away from the safe house Chanyeol has been talking about. He wants to ask how much further they are supposed to go, but at the same time he doesn't want to sound like he's complaining.

They keep on driving for another solid 40 minutes before they find a gas station where they can take a short break. Chanyeol parks the car and for a moment it feels impossible to leave the car. It's not that he's anxious, nervous or scared: it's the fact that his legs are feeling numb. He has been sitting still and in the same position far too long. Chanyeol gives him a rather funny look when he forces himself out of the car and stretches his tense legs. The air outside feels refreshing and slightly cold, but it's good for an exchange.

 

“I will accompany you to the bathroom if that's alright. Why don't we buy something to drink and eat while we're here? I will also tank the car.”
“Sounds like a good plan. Come on, let's get going and not waste our time.”

 

Chanyeol nods agreeing and he seems to appreciate that Baekhyun understands the seriousness of them staying still for too long. They get into the gas station, do their business in the bathroom, buys something to eat and drink and then Chanyeol fills the car's gas tank. While he's tanking the car, Baekhyun walks around slightly to wake his still slightly numb legs. Of course he makes sure to stay within Chanyeol's view to not make him more anxious, but he also makes sure that he's not standing close to any “dangerous” places where someone could run over him, kidnap him or drop something heavy onto him. You can say that he has become slightly paranoid since the kidnapping, but it's only to make Chanyeol feel less anxious.

 

“Baekhyun, let's get going. I'm done here and it's been 10 minutes since we stopped.”
“I'm coming right away! You don't need anything else, right?”
“No, I'm all good. We don't have much further now, so let's get going.”

 

They get into the car and it doesn't even take 30 seconds before Chanyeol has begun to drive towards the exit. He leans back in his seat and accidentally lets out a small sigh. Chanyeol smiles weakly at him, like he's trying to apologize to him, though there is nothing to apologize for. He's just slightly tired, but he doesn't mind it. He's rather tired or exhausted as long he's safe and as long Chanyeol is safe. He just wants them to get to safety soon...

 

“I'm sorry... I'm sorry to have to drag you around like this. It's tiresome and rather annoying, but we're almost there now. It's not much further.”
“I'm alright Chanyeol, I'm just slightly tired. You must be even more exhausted than me.”
“Not really... I mean... I can live without food, water and sleep. You can't.”
“I got food, water and I can sleep right here. I'm more than alright, so don't apologize to me. You have nothing to apologize-”
“I'm sorry that I dragged you into this mess. It is partly my fault that you ended up like this, so let me apologize. It makes me feel a little better to be honest...”
“I don't think it's bad that I'm here. I'm alive, I got to meet you and I know that things will get better. Sure, it's a little rough and tough right now, but it won't always be like this. Instead of apologizing, you can tell me how much further you think we need to go.”
“If I drive through the whole night without getting stopped and speed a little extra, then hopefully tomorrow morning or by lunch time. If I don't speed up, we might be there during the late afternoon. I will drive safely, I promise, but I want to try to speed a little extra later.”
“Don't push yourself too hard, it never ends well if you do. Though, I do trust you.”

 

Chanyeol smiles to an answer, but they both fall silent by now. The taller man is busy with sensing his surrounding and focusing his eyes on the road while he himself is trying to not fall asleep. He would rather stay awake and keep his guard up at the moment since they're so close to their goal, but it wouldn't be good for him to be sleepy later tonight. Maybe a small nap would do him some good? If he sleeps only for a little while, he will be able to stay awake the rest of the trip. That would be a lot better than falling asleep in the middle of the night – during the most dangerous time of the day.

 

“Chanyeol... Is it okay if I take a short nap for a couple of minutes...?”
“Of course, you can sleep safe and sound. If something happens, I will wake you.”
“I'm sorry, it's just that I'm slightly tired from yesterday and-”
“Baekhyun, it's alright. Like you mentioned earlier, it is better for you to rest now than later tonight. I know you're tired and I'm sorry to have to drag you around like this, therefor it would not only help you but also me if you took a nap. I would feel more at ease if you could rest and feel better and it would do you some good.”
“Thank you... Wake me up in 30 minutes... I will only take a short break...”

 

Chanyeol only smiles to an answer once more before he begins to fall asleep. The giant keeps driving the car while he himself falls asleep in his seat. He promised himself that he would stay up the rest of the way to the safe home Chanyeol has mentioned a couple of times now. His exhausted body easily relaxes on the spot and it doesn't take many seconds before he's already spacing out to his own dreamworld...

 

***

 

No, we're not there yet. Don't worry, he's sleeping and he's well. I know it's dangerous and you said you wouldn't bother to help us out any further than this, yet you're calling me. Don't tell me that you're already missing us? Ha, like that would ever happen. Seriously Kris, we are alright and still alive. He's still alive. You can assure Black that we're fine and that we should reach our destination within 12 hours. I will call you by then. Bye.”

 

The voice of a deep yet gentle voice is echoing in the background and the feeling of his body slightly swaying side to side becomes stronger. A tired groan escapes his mouth as he tries to open his heavy eyes, but he doesn't manage to keep them open for very long. His slightly heavy head is resting against the slightly cold glass and he can hear the engine of the car and the sound of the wind passing by outside the car. He tries once more to open his eyes and this time manages to keep them open slightly longer.

 

“Chanyeol...? Where are we...? How long have I been gone...?”

 

The few seconds he managed to keep his eyes open, he noticed it has begun to get dark outside. He knows very well that he needs to wake up now, but his body is still exhausted. Despite that, he forces himself to sit up straight and lets out small yawn to indicate that he's still slightly sleepy, but he's not willing to sleep any longer than this. He got to rest for a while, a lot longer than what he told Chanyeol, but it's more than enough for now.

 

“Are you already awake? I thought you would sleep longer to be honest. Do you want some water or something to eat? You did sleep rather long after all and might be hungry.”
“Yah... Didn't I tell you to wake me in 30 minutes? I'm pretty sure more than two hours have past since I fell asleep...”
“It has been four hours to be more exactly. Honestly, I didn't have the heart to wake you. You were sleeping so peacefully and you could need the rest. After all, yesterday a lot happened and your body must still be hurting. It's better for you to rest-”
“I can rest when we're in safety. Besides, I'm alright. You're always so worried...”
“Of course I am, you are my precious little Baekhyun after all. I would never allow you to get hurt if I can stop it and I will do everything to protect you. It's nothing strange with it.”
“You're acting like I'm some kind of treasure that is worth more than anything else in this world. You should treasure yourself a little more as well and not only focus on me-”
“Why would I waste my time on myself when I know all too well that you're the only reason why I am the way I am right now? If it wouldn't have been for you, then things would definitely be different. That's why you are my treasure and my precious person.”
“You're still exaggerating...”

 

It's embarrassing to listen to Chanyeol's words at the moment, but despite that, he does think the giant is slightly cute. Though, he's still slightly pissed at him since he didn't wake him up as he should have. Either way, he's awake now and he won't let himself fall asleep like that again. He will keep an eye on the window and make sure that he's not letting his guard down like last time.

 

“I got good news for you: we're nearly there now. The place I was talking about, I totally misjudged the distance and the time that it would take to get there.”
“Really? That's great news! How much further should it be?”
“Let's see... It's already past 8 o'clock, but I think we should reach it by 3 or 4 am. With other words, it's still more than 6 hours drive, but it will be worth it. On the other hand, I must admit that from now and on, we will definitely have to stay on our guard.”
“Let me guess: the closer we get to that safe house, the more dangerous and harder it will be to reach it without getting detected.”
“It's something like that, yes, but it's not all of it. The thing is: the house, the safe house I have been hiding and built a strong magical barrier around, is literally lying in the middle of nowhere. With other words: it's surrounded by the nature, a huge forest and open fields. There are none humans living near it and it's a rather good chance for anyone to attack us without risking to gain too much attention. Hopefully we can keep hidden for a little longer, but I get a feeling that we won't get there without a fight.”
“I see... I understand your uneasiness and I definitely understands the danger. You're trying to tell me that things will probably get nasty from now and on and that we cannot avoid a fight even if we want to. I guess it means that we both will be in a lot of danger...”
“Don't worry, this time I'm prepared. I won't let them put even a slightest scratch on your skin. I will make sure that nothing happens to you – nothing.”

 

Even though Chanyeol is fully focusing on the road ahead, his stare turns slightly darker and it's obvious that he has someone in mind. Who is he thinking about? It almost looks like he's ready to kill someone and his eyes have a slight red tone in them. Normally, someone would shiver in fear and feel uncomfortable, but not him. Strangely enough, he shivers, but not in fear, without in pleasure. Trust him, he's as confused as you may be. He should be worried, nervous or scared to see Chanyeol like this: but he doesn't feel anything like that.

 

“Let's get as far as possible and if a fight breaks out, I promise to get out of harms way. Don't think about me, only focus on the enemy. I won't get in your way or let the enemy get me: I won't let them take me like last time – not without a real good fight.”

 

His own voice sounds strangely calm, like what he's saying totally makes sense and is something he usually says. For a moment, he surprised himself with his sudden courage, but lately he hasn't felt like he's himself either. He's not sure why he knows this, but there are some few things he has noticed that has changed within himself. His sudden courage, his sudden strange feelings towards Chanyeol and this strange calmness he feels – they're all something he didn't feel in the beginning. He nearly gets lost in his thoughts for a couple of seconds, but he quickly snaps out of it and looks over to Chanyeol to find him staring right at him with rather shocked eyes.

 

“What are you doing? Keep your eyes on the road!”

 

Without a word, he looks right back on the road and continues to drive down the rather small road they have entered. It's not until now that he himself realizes that they left the usual roads and are heading right into a forest road. They left the highway a long time ago, he can tell since they're literally in the middle of nowhere. The darkness around the car is rather unpleasant to be honest and it's not because he can sense something like a dark energy or aura: it's because he can't see a damn thing. If there is someone watching them, or something that is watching them, then they wouldn't be able to see it. Chanyeol might be able to sense it, but he gets a feeling that seeing whoever or whatever is watching them will be nearly impossible.

He sits silent for a long time and only studies the darkness. He begins to understand why Chanyeol said it would be more than dangerous to be here. It's not only because they're surrounded by a huge forest, it's also because it's in the middle of the night and the forest is rather compact. The trees have grown close to each other, making it look like one of those spooky forest you hear in horror stories or those you see in horror movies. He can't help but to think of a tale where a man gets lost in a thick, compact forest that became darker and darker the further he walked. Eventually, the man disappeared into the darkness and he was never found again. Someone, or rather something, must have taken him: probably something demonic.

 

“Don't worry so much Baekhyun-ah, I can't sense anything right now. I know you're becoming nervous, but we might be lucky. I talked to Kris a couple of times while you were asleep and he said he wanted to help us out a little more. He's trying to distract as many high leveled demons as he can without getting into dangers way. I did say we would not reach the house without a fight, but we might only need to fight a monster: a low leveled demon. Sure, it would be able to tell the higher up demons about where we were seen last, but we would be in safety when they find out about it.”
“I do admit I am slightly nervous, but I honestly think nothing will happen. I don't know why, but there is a strange feeling that nothing will happen within me. Though, I will probably be very wrong about it...”
“Well, I don't want to say that you're wrong since sometimes even humans have a strange way of sensing things. You get an uneasy feeling when you're in a bad place with dark energy all around you or you feel awfully relaxed and calm when you're in a place with a lot of good energy. You also have instincts that warns you about danger without seeing it. Some people don't feel anything at all since their senses have become weak or worn out, but some humans have a rather keen eye for those kind of things. What I'm trying to say is: the feeling you're having right now might actually be real. Though, I won't let my guard down until we're in safety. It will take some time to drive through this thick forest, but we will enter the first barrier within two hours. After that, only high level demons will be able to reach us.”
“Wait, you have more than one barrier around the safe house? Is that even possible...?”
“Of course it is, just like Kris' mansion. Sure, you can probably make one extremely strong barrier around a place, for an example a house. Though, the thing is: the more layers, the stronger defense you got. If the only barrier you have weakens or even breaks, which will take a lot of power but it is very possible, then you will be defenseless right away. I have exactly five barriers around the safe house, though they are rather far apart from each other. You can see it as a globe with several layers: it will be harder to reach the middle if you try to go right through the layers. The more layers, or in this case barriers, the safer it is.”
“It does make a lot of sense when you say it like that... It's the same principle as the jacket or shirt principle: it's called the layer principle. I learned in school, in elementary school to be precisely, that during autumn it gets cold and you usually put on a warmer or thicker jacket, which works just fine. But if it is only cold during the morning, you will get too warm during the afternoon. You can't take of your jacket since you will be too cold, but you don't want to start sweating. If you put on a hoodie or warmer shirt underneath the thinner jacket, you will be warm during the mornings and can take it off during the afternoon when it's warmer. It's easier to get warmer with more layers as well, but too many layers can also become problematic as well. I guess too many barriers would not be able to become too strong since it will need more energy for them all. Am I wrong?”
“No, you're right. Though, I think it's rather funny that you brought up the layer principle that you learned during elementary school. I guess that is a way to see the barriers and understand it in your own way. Still, I didn't expect it.”
“Either way, how much longer are we going before we reach the first barrier?”
“Only 1 hour left now. Though... I don't want to worry you, but I'm starting to sense a lot of darkness around us. Not darkness as there is no light, without darkness as in dark energy.”
“Is it someone coming for us or is it just a weird spot? Could it be a monster?”
“It's not too strong, but there is awfully a lot of dark energy gathered at one spot. I'm not sure what it could be since it's in the middle of the woods...”
“Do you think that, whatever that is, will notice us? Should I prepare to run or hide?”
“No... Strangely enough, I don't think that thing will attack us... I can't tell what it is, but it's awfully calm. It might be a sleeping monster, a creature or a low level demon who doesn't want to be disturbed. Some monsters gather a lot of dark energy only to lie down and rest for a couple of weeks. Since there are no humans around here, not usually at least, it won't get detected and can rest in peace out here. Not all low leveled demons are used to fight angels and kill demons, some roam the land like normal animals. It's very possible that it won't harm us and not even notice us. Though, I don't want to take any risks to get too close to it.”

 

Chanyeol sounds rather calm even though there might be something out there that can harm them. On the other hand, if it is just a peaceful monster, then they shouldn't worry too much about it. He carefully looks out through the window and feels how he leans back more and more in his seat. He's relaxing again, but he's not letting down his guard – not fully at least. He will keep staring out through the window and listen to the car's engine. If Chanyeol makes even the slightest sound, he will be ready to get out of his way if someone or something attacks them.

 

“That's strange... I'm starting to get really confused by now...”
“What is it? Is it something bad? Should I be worried?”
“No, it's just... I didn't notice until now, but we have already passed one of the barriers. We just passed the third barrier just now... We're much closer to the house than what I thought.”
“Did you miscalculate the distance again or is something a bit odd? What if something is screwing around with us? Like some kind of magic or energy that is confusing you.”
“I don't know... But we're starting to get into the safe ground. If it took us only two hours to get to the third barrier, than it will take us less than a hour and a half to get to the house. It's good and all, but it still doesn't make sense to me. According to my map and my senses to the center of the house, we were much further away from it an hour ago. It's like we're literally getting to the house faster and faster and shortening the distance to it. Almost like... Almost like we're being teleported, yet I don't sense anything like it...”

 

By now Chanyeol is looking more and more confused and it's almost a little unpleasant to see him like this. If Chanyeol's senses are slightly screwed up, wouldn't that mean that someone or something could be following them right now? Maybe he is too tired after all? On the other hand, they're already in the third barrier which should make them safe or almost safe from nearly everything. Low leveled demons won't be able to get this far, but high leveled demons are more or less capable to get here without using any effort. There might be a small chance, a very small chance, that someone is using magic on them. Though, shouldn't Chanyeol be able to sense it by now?

 

“I'm not going to complain at the moment, but we're almost there. For now, keep your eyes open and make sure that nothing approaches us. I don't sense anything, but I get a feeling that we have missed something rather important.”
“Don't worry, I won't let my guard down. Tell me if you sense anything else.”

 

Chanyeol nods to an answer before he fully focuses on the road ahead and sensing his surrounding. While he does that, he himself decides to keep a careful eye on his surrounding and wait for something to happen or for them to reach the safe house. Hopefully they will be able to get there shortly...

 

***

 

The silence in the car has nearly begun to feel heavy and intense. After driving for another hour and 30 minutes, they haven't seen nor felt anything special. Chanyeol has been tensed since he noticed the strange fact that they had already passed the third barrier. By now he begins to feel that this endless darkness surrounding the car with the forest will make him feel paranoid, but luckily he doesn't have to sit and stare at it for much longer. Suddenly, the forest begins to open up more and it only takes a minute before they spot a slightly big white house in the middle of a small open field. When Chanyeol said he has a safe house in the middle of nowhere, he honestly expected a small wood cabin and not a white house.

 

“We're finally here... We're finally at the house... It feels so... unreal...”
“Isn't it great?! We actually made it! Chanyeol, we made it to the house!”
“Wait... I don't like this... I don't understand at all... We entered the barriers too quickly and got to the house too easily: it doesn't make sense. I will go and check the house, just in case and you will wait right here. I know you're tired, but please bare a little longer with me.”
“I'm alright, don't worry about it. I will scream my lungs off if something happens.”
“Nothing will happen, I will make sure of it.”

 

Chanyeol gives him a warm smile before he parks the car right outside the house and then gets out. The cold air that slipped into the car the few seconds the car door was open brought in the strong scent of the forest. Through the dark night he can see Chanyeol's figure disappear in the distance as he walks up to the white house. He sits silently and sighs slightly when a minute has passed without a sign from Chanyeol. To be alone in the car in the darkness is actually slightly uncomfortable, especially since they're in the middle of nowhere.

The time passes by as usual: seconds becomes minutes and the more minutes that passes by, the more impatient he begins to feel. Chanyeol is taking his time to check out the house and left him here all alone. Wouldn't it have been better to have checked it out together? The car can't be much safer than the house if he's alone... He tries to be patient and leans back in the seat to relax slightly. He knows why he's so impatient: he feels uneasy without knowing if Chanyeol is alright or not. He doesn't like being left here to be in safety while Chanyeol risks to get attacked or even killed.

The longer he stares towards the house, the more impatient he gets. He's so busy with staring at the house that he didn't notice a strange feeling sneaking up on him. Suddenly, a strong feeling of someone watching him hits him. It's so intense and clear that he nearly jumped out of the car right away. But before he stepped out and run towards the house, he managed to calm himself just enough to think through what he might be feeling. If someone is watching him, then leaving the car would be foolish without knowing where the person or thing is.

He forces himself to take a deep breath before he slowly and as discreetly as possible looks around himself. It's obviously nothing in the car, but the strong feeling of someone staring intensely at him is rather clear and uncomfortable. If he can feel someone staring at him this clearly, wouldn't it mean that the person or the thing is nearby? Then stepping out of the car would be really foolish. He watches the darkness carefully and makes sure to look behind him from time to time. The uneasiness within him has become worse and the thought of Chanyeol not being back becomes rather unbearable. Maybe he should go and check on him? Something could have happened...

While being lost in his thoughts, he lets his eyes scan the darkness until he suddenly hears how one of the car doors get opened quickly and he literally jumps startled. He nearly let out a shriek when he turns his head to find Chanyeol stare funny at him. His heart is beating like crazy and for a second, he thought he would lash out in anger since the giant had scared the hell out of him. But before he can lash out in anger, he realizes that Chanyeol is back to the car and he looks perfectly fine and even calm.

 

“I'm sorry if I took such a long time, I wanted to turn on the heaters and see if the electricity is still working. Luckily, everything is still intact. Come on, let's get inside. I will grab the bags, you just get out carefully and watch your step. We wouldn't want to let you get hurt again after the kidnapping the other day.”

 

The giant smiles happily at him and he looks so peaceful that he himself can't tell him about the strange feeling he had a moment ago. Actually, now when he thinks about it, the feeling of someone is watching him is gone. Maybe it wasn't anything after all...? It could have been his paranoia, it would make sense since he's tired and it's pitch black out here. Chanyeol begins to grab their things and he takes it as a signal for him to get out of the car. He carefully opens the door and steps out into the cold air. For a moment he just needs to stop and whines silently when the wounds on his stomach begins to hurt.

 

“Are you okay? Maybe I should carry you-?”
“No, I'm alright. I just didn't realize that I have been sitting in a rather uncomfortable position for a while now. I got a little tensed when you left me alone and the pain comes back to me now.”
“I'm sorry, did I take too long for you? But you don't have to worry, there is nothing that can penetrate the barrier around the house. We are practically more or less safe from anything for a while. It will take months to break the barrier and during that time, we can strengthen it and figure out what to do next.”
“It sounds like a really good plan to be honest. Right now, I could need a break from all the chasing and the uneasy feelings...”

 

They slowly walks towards the house after Chanyeol has locked the car and gotten their things. They walk slowly mostly because he can't walk too fast with his wounds, but also because it's pitch black. He nearly trips twice, but he somehow manages to maintain his balance and walk on. When they reach the house Chanyeol hooks an arm with one of his own and leads him up two steps before they reach a door. He smiles and leads him inside. It's still slightly cold and of course it's rather dirty, but it's not a rundown old ghost house. To be honest, he expected it to be more like one of those ghosts house you see in horror movies. He must stop thinking about those damn horror movies...

 

“It's still cold since I just put on the heater, but it will be better soon. I will turn on the lights, just give me a second. You don't have to take off your shoes and I will have to fix the beds and put the food in the fridge and-”
“I will fix the bed, just show me the room and I will clean it. Don't complain and don't worry, I can manage it. I don't care what you say, I won't listen to anything but a yes.”

 

Chanyeol is trying to say something against him right away, but he only manages to open his mouth. He looks like he's about to say something, but the words never leaves his mouth. All he can do is to stare at Baekhyun who is busy with giving him a stubborn look. He won't let Chanyeol do everything, he needs to help him out as well so they can go and rest till morning as soon as possible. They BOTH can need it.

 

“Fine... I will show you the way... But if you feel even the slightest pain, you have to stop.”
“Don't be such a worrywrat and show me the way. You have to fix the electricity, the food and make sure the heaters are working. While you do that, I will clean the room a little and make the bed. Tomorrow, we can fix the rest of the house, together.”

 

Once more Chanyeol wants to protest and say against him, but he doesn't seem to be able to say anything when Baekhyun gives him another serious gaze. He can only let out a sigh, scratch the back of his head before he nods slightly. It looks like he can't say against him at all! It's rather amusing if you ask him about it, he thinks it's a little cute to see Chanyeol like this.

 

“Fine... But just promise me to take it easy. Come on, let's get everything ready so we can sleep. Most of the things can wait till tomorrow, for now it's better to just get our rest.”
“I couldn't say it any better than you.”

 

He flashes Chanyeol a warm smile before he grabs his hand and lets him lead him through the house. While walking towards the bedroom, he spots several places they will need to clean extra tomorrow and he can't help but to get more and more tired the more he looks around. Tomorrow will be a long day full of work...

 

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup? ^.^

So another chapter is up! I hope you look forward to some cute couple moments with our cute boys! Also, some action might show up ;)

Anyway, I just want to thank you for the wonderful support and that I'm more than grateful towards you guys! I love you all so much! If you like what you read, please subscribe, comment and upvote! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3