Who Are They?

Demonic Love

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

It's silent. Chanyeol waits for them to come closer to them, he waits for an attack. He stood silent with Baekhyun behind his back as they listened to the cars that passed by and they could hear a dog bark somewhere in the distance. Baekhyun suddenly grabbed Chanyeol's jacket from behind as he tighten his fists worried.

Chanyeol didn't dare to open his mouth and he hopes that Baekhyun doesn't say anything either. They stood there for a while and just listened to the silence and the small sounds around them. Chanyeol used all his senses to make sure that he didn't miss any dark aura around him.

After a while he slowly dared to calm down when the dark aura passed them and begun to get further away from them. They must have missed them. Chanyeol stood still and stayed silent a little longer, just in case. After some minutes, when Chanyeol was pretty sure that the dark aura was too far away to sense them, he dared to move.

 

They missed us, which was probably pure luck. Come here, let's move.”
“Who are they?”
“Don't ask me any questions outside please.”
“Where are we going?”
“You really don't listen to me, don't you?”

 

Chanyeol sighed as he begun to walk fast. Baekhyun followed him as he stayed silent. Chanyeol walked fast as he saw a bus stop and thought a little about it. Should he ask Baekhyun to ride the bus with him or should they walk?

 

Do you dare to take the bus?”
“It's... barely...”
“If I promise you that it's going to be safe?”
“I don't know...”
“Okay then, let's walk.”

 

Baekhyun smiled thankful as the worries in his eyes disappeared. Chanyeol walked fast, not too fast so Baekhyun had to jog beside him, but fast enough so they wouldn't get to much attention. Chanyeol glanced down at Baekhyun from time to time as he noticed how the boy looked a little less confused, he must start to figure some things out. Or at least he must start guessing.

After 20 minutes, Chanyeol and Baekhyun was halfway home to Chanyeol's apartment. Yes, Chanyeol thinks they're more safe at his apartment than at Baekhyun's house. At least at the moment they are.

 

How far away are you planning to go?”
“Trust me, it's 20 minutes left to walk.”
“Then maybe we should have taken the bus...”
“It's not too late. There is a bus stop over there.”
“I-I don't think we-”
“I think it's safer to take the bus than walking passed the alleys that coming up further down the street. There is a bus coming any minute now, let's take it.”
“C-Chanyeol, I'm not-”
“We have too, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun went silent as he squeezed Chanyeol's hand a little worried. Chanyeol tried to calm Baekhyun down by squeezing his hand back a little gentle, but Chanyeol isn't sure if it actually worked. The bus arrived shortly after Chanyeol and Baekhyun arrived to the bus stop. Baekhyun stared almost scared at the bus that stopped in front of them as Chanyeol stepped in and paid for their tickets.

Baekhyun's hand tighten its grip around Chanyeol's as fast they stepped on the bus. Chanyeol managed to find them two seats to sit down on as he offered Baekhyun to sit down first. Baekhyun looked pale, almost like he would faint. Chanyeol was fast to help Baekhyun to sit down before he sat down beside the boy.

Chanyeol then felt how Baekhyun squeezed his hand tighter as fast the bus begun to move. Baekhyun must be terrified by now since his hand is squeezing Chanyeol's hand as hard as possible. Chanyeol put his other free hand over Baekhyun's shaking hands as he smiled calming and tried to calm Baekhyun down.

 

It's alright, nothing is going to happen, I promise.”

 

Baekhyun stared at the seat in front of him, his eyes looked terrified and Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun rather had walked. But it's too dangerous to walk the rest of the way back to Chanyeol's apartment and they might find them out here the longer they're outside. A safe zone. Taking the bus became a must at this rate.

After only 10 minutes, they arrived at the bus stop that would lead them home to Chanyeol's place. Baekhyun was so shaky when they stepped out of the bus that the chauffeur even asked them if he really was okay. Chanyeol was fast to tell him that Baekhyun had a cold and that he needs to get home before he faints and the chauffeur just nodded with a kind smile.

Baekhyun seemed to calm down a little after they had stepped out of the bus, but his hands wouldn't stop shaking. Chanyeol begun to walk, this time slowly to let Baekhyun's shaky legs get used to the ground. Baekhyun slowly begun to walk as Chanyeol saw his apartment, it's only some few meters left.

 

Come on, we're almost there. Just a little longer, okay?”

 

Baekhyun just nodded as Chanyeol managed to walk over to the apartment building with Baekhyun. Then Chanyeol lift Baekhyun up to walk up for the stairs, since Baekhyun's legs wouldn't be able to carry him up for them. Baekhyun got a little scared though, he didn't like the thought of Chanyeol carrying him up for the stairs at all.

 

S-Stop it! I-It's dangerous!”
“Don't worry, just trust me. Everything is going to be fine.”

 

Chanyeol spoke as calmly he could while he carried Baekhyun up for the stairs. Baekhyun closed his eyes while his arms squeezed Chanyeol's neck scared. As fast Chanyeol arrived to his door, he let Baekhyun down and unlocked it. Baekhyun stared surprised at the door, like he didn't expect it to be an ordinary door to an ordinary apartment.

 

Come on, go on. Don't be shy.”

 

Chanyeol helped Baekhyun in before he locked the door and breathed relieved out. Finally they're safe! The difference between Chanyeol's apartment and Baekhyun's house is that Chanyeol has seals all around his apartment. It hides his presence from them and they also have a huge problem to get into Chanyeol's apartment.

 

A-Ah! W-What's that?!”
“Calm down, it's my cat.”

 

Chanyeol spoke calmly as he crouched down to his black cat and patted it on its head. Black meowed loudly as Chanyeol sighed a little tired.

 

Don't scold me for being late, I didn't know that they were after us already.”
“Meow~”
“I know I know, I forgot your food too. But hey, I was busy with saving this guys .”
“Meow~”
“Don't get mad at me, I told you that I was busy with him.”
“Meow~”
“I know they headed for his house! I was there! Remember?! Geez, you're so weird sometimes.”

 

Chanyeol just realized that he had stood and talked with his cat while Baekhyun stared at them like a fool. Chanyeol was fast to stand up as he laughed nervously, this was not a good beginning.

 

Uhm, welcome to my apartment.”
“D-Did you... j-just... talk to... your cat...?”
“Please, just pretend you didn't see anything and-”
“C-Can it talk?”
“Not like you think. But I can understand my cat because... uhm... Like I said, just pretend you didn't see that.”

 

Chanyeol picked up his cat, in case Baekhyun is scared of it and walked further into the apartment. Chanyeol put his cat down on the couch in the living room and eyed him, he would just dare to rush over to Baekhyun.

 

Don't you dare to greet him, he might be scared of you.”
“Meow~”
“Don't use that tone to me!”
“Meow~”
“Yeah I know I look totally stupid right now!”

 

Chanyeol hissed as he walked annoyed over to the hallway and got his shoes and jacket off. Baekhyun stood awkwardly by the door as he watched Chanyeol who smiled at the shorter boy.

 

Are you hungry? Do you want something to drink or eat? Or both?”
“N-No thank you, I-I'm fine.”
“Please don't think I'm a maniac, I'm not like this usually. Please, come in.”
“Uhm... Can I ask you... what is going on?”
“You're in danger, not here, but at home.”
“W-Why?”
“Because there is a certain person who doesn't like happy people. And this certain person also doesn't like it when his plans doesn't go as he wishes.”
“H-How do you know about this? W-Who are you?”
“You know who I am.”
“I don't mean your name... I mean... F-Forget it, I-I'm going back home-”
“Don't! Seriously, they headed to your house and will be looking for you!”
“W-Who are they? What do they want with me? How can you know about all this?”
“It's a long story....”
“Then I'm going, if you don't-”
“Please don't go, you're in danger without me around and-”
“I have been fine without you for years... I think I can make it without you-”
“Look what happened to your parents.”
“It was an accident, I just happened to not go with them...”
“You're lying, you didn't accidentally not go with them-”
“How can you know that?! You wasn't there! Remember?! I just happened to not feel well that day! It wasn't anything else that-”
“I know you got saved by angels!”

 

Chanyeol raised his voice at Baekhyun who stared with teary eyes at him. Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun is scared and confused, that's why he's screaming at Chanyeol for no reason. Maybe Baekhyun feels guilty about what happened? Maybe that's why he can't stop say that it was an accident?

 

I know what happened that day, in detail. I know who it was, I know who they wanted to kill and I know that you got saved by angels. They didn't get to your parents in time, they tried but they got stopped by them. You have no idea what those so called accidents really are. You think it's caused by bad luck or it just happened, but it's not true. I hear people say this often, I hear them say that a car accident happened because the roads were slippery from the rain or that the driver just accidentally looked away from the road in some few seconds. No, it's not like that. You think that all the accidents are caused by coincidences? Then you're wrong. You just don't see all the details, no ordinary human does.”

 

Chanyeol walked slowly over to Baekhyun who cried, but he looked mostly lost. He doesn't know what to do, Chanyeol can tell by his face expression. Chanyeol opened his arms and carefully pulled Baekhyun into a hug, in hope that he could comfort the crying boy.

 

I'm sorry about what happened to your parents... I'm sorry that I said things that made you cry, but it's the truth. Don't blame yourself for what happened that day. You didn't know that it would occur a car accident, no one could predict that except the angels and the bad guys who caused it. Your parents died from it and I'm sorry about it, but it happened. You shouldn't blame anyone except the bad guys, because it was their doing. You have never done anything wrong nor your parents.”
“Then why...? Then why did they have to die?! They have never done something wrong! Why did they die when they never did something wrong?!”
“Because in this world, there are bad guys. If there are angels, then there must be devils too, right? That's the way it is and you can't help it.”
“But why...? Why them...? Why me...? Why...?”

 

Chanyeol didn't want to answer his question, he doesn't want Baekhyun to find out about him. He doesn't want to scare Baekhyun away, because if he does he can't protect him. And if Chanyeol can't protect him, then what purpose in life does he truly have? That's right, none.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

The whole day Baekhyun sat in Chanyeol's couch and curled together into a ball. He sat there and stared out through the big windows with the view of the city they live in. Baekhyun didn't speak with Chanyeol for the whole day, he just sat in the couch and reflected about what Chanyeol had told him this morning.

 

Don't scratch me! I haven't done you anything! I gave you your damn food! Geez, what can I do now?! No, I'm not going to pet you! Go and play with yourself! Don't disturb Baekhyun dammit! And I'm not cleaning your cat box, do it yourself! Don't blame me that you don't have any arms or hands! Ouch! Stop bite me damn cat!”

 

Chanyeol has been like this the whole day and his cat has been at him the whole day too. Baekhyun finds it strange and it would have been funny too, if it wasn't for the information he received. And it feels weird to be sitting in Chanyeol's couch, after all... he wasn't supposed to exist, he was supposed to be a fantasy or a dream.

 

Baekhyun, are you getting hungry?”

 

Chanyeol came walking with his black slim cat walking behind him. The cat's yellow eyes glows a little in the early evening, Baekhyun finds it kind of scary but cute at the same time. But he hasn't dared to say hi to the cat yet. Wait, that sounded really strange. Why would he even say hi to a cat?

 

No... I'm not hungry...”
“Are you sure? We can order some food if you want to, I will treat you.”
“No thanks...”
“Do you want me to cook something?”
“No thanks...”
“Do you-”
“Meow~”
“I know he's feeling down, I'm not stupid.”
“Meow~”
“Fine fine, I will ask. Uhm, do you mind if you stay over the night?”
“I want to go home...”
“I know, but I don't know if you will be safe or not.”
“Meow~”
“Yeah, I agree with Black, it's far too dangerous to let you go back home. They're probably looking for you.”
“Who are they?”
“I will tell you, in one condition.”
“W-What?”
“Eat dinner with me.”

 

Baekhyun hesitated for some seconds, is it really worth it to force himself to eat to get to know who the bad guys are? Baekhyun wanted to say no, a big and loud no, but that would be rude. And he won't get any information out of Chanyeol like this.

 

Only if you order something good.”
“What do you like?”
“Chicken.”
“Really? Great, because I know a great place!”
“Are we... really going out to eat?”
“Oh, you're right, that's too dangerous. Well, I will order some chicken and go and fetch it. You can stay here with my cat. His name is Black by the way.”
“Uhm... Hi?”
“Haha, you don't have to treat him like I do. He will be satisfied with someone to pet him.”
“I have never... really liked cats.”
“Don't say that, he will get grumpy-”
“I don't mean like that, I have just never been around a cat this much before.”
“Haha, don't worry, he doesn't bite.”
“Didn't he bite you?”
“That's a totally different thing, he only bites me when he gets mad.”

 

Baekhyun stared at the cat with its glowing eyes, he looks kind of scary now. Why does it feel like the cat is watching him more than a normal cat would?

 

Don't worry, he's just curious. Then I will go and fetch some chicken.”
“W-Wait, d-didn't you say I'm not safe without you around?!”
“You're at my place, they won't find you here that easily. And I will be gone only for some minutes, so don't worry. And this cat here can defend you for a short time in worst case. But nothing will happen, trust me.”
“H-How can you be so sure?”
“Because I have survived here for over ten years.”

 

Chanyeol smiled this really charming smile as he grabbed his phone, keys and wallet before he walked out to the hallway. His cat stayed with Baekhyun as it just stared at him. Baekhyun felt like running after Chanyeol, begging him to take him with him.

 

C-Chanyeol, a-are you sure your cat really likes me?”
“Yeah! It worries about you like I do! That's why he's staring at you like that!”
“That's just creepy!”
“Then tell him to stop! See you soon again Baek!”

 

Chanyeol left the apartment as Baekhyun sighed, why did he have to leave him with his damn cat? Baekhyun doesn't like cats that much, the few cats he has met have been stray cats who bites him and sputters at everyone who passes them. Though this cat seems rather calm and nice, yet it's kind of creepy how it stares at him.

 

No offense... But I'm more a dog person than a cat person... But you're still cute... Why am I talking to a cat? No offense little kitty, but I don't usually talk to animals like this. And I'm still doing it... D-Do you like it here? Not? You do? It seems nice...”

 

Baekhyun looked around in the room as the cat suddenly moved and walked towards him. Baekhyun was fast to get his guard up and let the cat jump up at the couch. It carefully walked over to him and sat down on his lap without even asking. It just did as it wanted too.

 

Wow... You must be bossy.”
“Meow~”
“Sorry, I have no idea what you're saying.”
“Meow~”
“The weather was nice today... I heard it would begun to rain though... I wonder, do Chanyeol talk with you like this? At least you can reply him, but I don't get it how.”

 

The cat just lied down on Baekhyun's lap and made this cute purring sound. Baekhyun carefully let his hand pat the cat's soft and silky like fur. Baekhyun wonders if Chanyeol sits like this with his cat often or not. Baekhyun wonders a lot about Chanyeol, yet he's not sure if he truly wants to know more about him.

 

It's hard to just know if I'm supposed to laugh or cry sometimes...”

 

Baekhyun mumbled for himself, this time he didn't even bother to talk to the cat. He just sat silent on the couch and stared out through the window. It's truly peaceful tonight, but will it truly last like this?

 


Ayo guys! How you doing? ^.^

So things finally starting to get dramatic in this fiction. What do you think about? What do you think will happen? Feel free to tell me! ^.^

I also just wants to thank you all for supporting and reading this fiction! It means a lot to me and I'm really happy that you all enjoys reading this fiction! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated as usual, though it's up to you! It's not a must though, so feel free to do as you please! ^.^

Else I don't have anything else to say but to take care until next time we see each other! Have a nice day/night/evening/afternoon/morning! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3