Cat Magnet

Demonic Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun gently sips on his tea while Chanyeol watches him from the other side of the bed. Black meows somewhere near the door while he sits down and stares over at them. Gray, Kris' cat, is also in here. He sits on a small drawer and is staring out through the window, which Black did earlier but not anymore.

 

H-How are you feeling? I-Is the tea helping?”

 

Chanyeol finally opens his mouth after a couple of minutes of silence. After the morning with Kris' mean prank and then after the scary surprise that happened, Baekhyun doesn't feel too bad. Sure, he felt terrified and sick the whole morning and until late afternoon. But now, when he sits here on the big soft bed in a demons house, he's surprisingly calm.

 

I'm okay... I think.”
“Good... You're not feeling sick, are you?”
“I told you, I'm fine. At least I think I'm fine.”
“You still look a little pale.”
“I'm always this pale.”
“Oh... Wait, that's right...”
“I'm fine Chanyeol, I don't feel sick and I have calmed down.”
“Good....”

 

Chanyeol nods as he glances over at Gray and then at Black. The two cats meow in union before they slowly walks closer to the bed. Chanyeol watches them carefully as the cats jump up on the bed and lay down in the middle. Did Chanyeol command them or something? No, it doesn't look like that since he also looks curiously at them, just like Baekhyun.

 

So... W-Who were the ones who came here now again? They were... Kris' friends?”
“Yeah, they live partly here and partly in the Seoul.”
“Oh... Then... T-They're demons too?”

 

Chanyeol glances up at Baekhyun who tries to not look too nervous. It's not like Baekhyun is scared of Chanyeol or Kris because of them being demons, but... He feels more at ease if he knows who is a demon and who isn't.

 

They're both demons, just like me and Kris.”
“I see... I figured that much... W-Wait, you and Kris have cats... Where are their cats?”
“Probably on their way here. All cats doesn't like teleportation and therefor wanders here. Black is used to it, but in the beginning he refused to be transported that way. Our familiars need to get used to our powers and our energy before they transport by things such as teleportation. But all familiars doesn't like being transported and therefor travels on their own. They're after all a very own individual.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he stares at Gray and Black. The cats purrs while cuddling beside each other. Well, they're very different from Kris and Chanyeol. Or maybe they represent Chanyeol's and Kris' feelings towards each other? Baekhyun glances up at Chanyeol who looks up at Baekhyun.

 

What?”
“N-Nothing... It's nothing.”
“You look like you want to ask something.”
“Well... I think I have asked more than enough for today.”
“You think? You have barely asked me anything up till today.”
“Even so, I don't want to be such a child and ask about everything.”
“You're being a coward if you don't dare to ask what you want to ask.”
“I'm not a coward.”
“Then ask me what you want to ask.”

 

Baekhyun holds in a sigh as he glares at Chanyeol. How dares he?! To call Baekhyun a coward is just too much! First of all, Baekhyun has faced four demons today and he didn't faint even once! Chanyeol shouldn't call him a coward! Second, Baekhyun doesn't ask about everything because last time he tried, Chanyeol got annoyed or tried to avoid the topic. Who's the real coward? Him or Chanyeol?

 

Anyway, shall we try to go downstairs again?”
“Yah, don't you have anything to ask? Not even one thing?”
“Do you really want me to ask you something?”
“I just think that you shouldn't hold back.”
“Really? Then... No, it was nothing.”

 

Chanyeol sighs as Baekhyun sips on his tea. There is no idea to ask anything Baekhyun wants to ask, because he's pretty sure that Chanyeol won't answer him anyway. Instead they should try to face Kris' friends, since they're also lives here and all.

 

Let's go downstairs and greet Kris' friends.”
“I don't think you will be able to stand it.”
“Yah, I'm not a coward! Why are you looking down at me?”
“Because you nearly fainted earlier.”
“Because they literally popped up out of nowhere! Who wouldn't get scared to death from something like that?!”
“Well, me?”
“But you're used to it! I'm a human and not a...”
“A what? A monster?”
“T-That wasn't what I was going to say!”
“But you suddenly hesitated to call us what?”

 

Chanyeol suddenly looks a little pissed, but he tries his best to not glare at Baekhyun. It's not that Baekhyun is going to call Chanyeol a monster just because he's a demon. Well, Chanyeol isn't really what Baekhyun would call a demon, he's more... Well... Baekhyun can't explain, but to him Chanyeol isn't a demon.

 

Chanyeol, I don't know how much you know about the word demon when it comes to us humans. What I'm trying to say is the word demon isn't associated as a good thing and to me, you're not a bad thing. I didn't want to call you demon because... y-you have saved my life and it felt wrong to call you a demon. That's why I hesitated.”
“But I am a demon, so you can call me that.”

 

Chanyeol still looks pissed, which makes Baekhyun feel pissed. But it's not a good thing to get pissed just because Chanyeol is pissed. Baekhyun shakes away the annoying feelings as he drinks up the little tea he has left. Then he turns to Chanyeol with a smile.

 

Thank you for the tea, I don't remember if I thanked you earlier.”
“No problem, really...”

 

Chanyeol finally looks less pissed, he looks rather embarrassed now. Baekhyun chuckles as he puts the cup away and stands up. Chanyeol hurries to do the same as he stares at Baekhyun with curious eyes.

 

So, we're going downstairs to greet Kris' friends?”
“Are you really sure that you can handle it?”
“Well... if they're like you and Kris, then I can handle it.”
“Well, they're pretty much like us. At least Xiumin is.”
“Then don't worry about me, okay? Come on, let's go before they think I'm a rude little .”

 

Chanyeol chuckles as Baekhyun grabs Chanyeol's hand. Black and Gray hurry to get of the bed as well and walks after Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Baekhyun holds Chanyeol's hand gently in his and pulls Chanyeol with him out of the room and towards the stairs. Chanyeol walks silently behind Baekhyun, he's probably wondering why Baekhyun is holding his hand like a baby. Maybe he thinks that Baekhyun is scared and that's why he is holding his hand?

 

Just to make sure that you don't think anything else, I'm only holding your hand to make sure that you're coming with me.”
“Really? Haha, if you say so.”
“I'm not scared or anything.”
“I know, else you wouldn't go downstairs to begin with.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he walks downstairs with Chanyeol and the cats. They can hear voices as fast they reach the first floor and it's not hard to tell where they're coming from. Chanyeol and Baekhyun walks over to the living room where Kris sits with his two friends. They all look up at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who smiles back at them.

 

You're back I see. Is everything alright?”

 

Kris is the first to speak, which is a relief. He's actually trying to worry about Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Chanyeol let's go off Baekhyun's hand as he walks over to the couches and sits down with a long sigh.

 

Yeah, everything is alright again.”
“That's good to hear.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he glances down at the cats that is staying by his side. Woah, they're actually following him around and not Chanyeol and Kris. This is kind of weird, but Baekhyun also finds it quite hilarious at the same time. Gray and Black stare up at Baekhyun who crouches down to them and pets them gently.

 

Have they been with you the whole time?”
“Yes, or rather with Baekhyun. They refuse to leave his side.”
“Really? That's rather unusual.”

 

Baekhyun glances up at Kris' friends who are staring right at him. Omo, can they not stare at him like that? Baekhyun tries to not blush as he shakes all weird thoughts away.

 

They seem to like you quite a lot...”
“Have you given them fish or something?”
“N-No, I haven't done anything special.”
“The funny is, he was rather scared for Black in the beginning.”
“I-I wasn't scared of him, I have always been more of a dog person. But... I don't dislike cats, they're really cute too...”

 

The others chuckle as Baekhyun stands up and tries to not blush. Just because he's not a cat maniac doesn't it mean that he's scared of cats. Cats are cute too and Black and Gray just happen to be really friendly with him.

 

So, you're Byun Baekhyun, the human who has brought a lot of trouble after you?”
“Y-Yes...”
“Chen, don't be rude. It's not his fault that the demons are after him.”
“Yeah, it's not his fault. It's probably Chanyeol's fault.”
“Yah, don't blame me out of nowhere!”

 

Chanyeol glares pissed at Chen who glares back. Baekhyun tries to not sigh as he concentrates on the other guy who isn't Chen. If that isn't Chen, then it must be Xiumin. Well, Xiumin is fully busy with glaring at Chen and Kris is glaring at Chanyeol. Seriously, is this how demons act around each other? Baekhyun can't help but to sigh as he turns around to leave, but something stops him.

Two cats are running into the room, one is lightly brown and the other one looks to be dark brown. They both meow loudly to Black and Gray who meow back at them. Everyone is still busy with glaring at each other, so Baekhyun decides to sit down on the floor and pet the cats. The cat surrounds Baekhyun's quickly as he giggles, why are they so cuddly with him out of nowhere? Black nearly wanted to sit on Baekhyun's lap in the beginning and now they all wants to be patted.

 

W-Woah! Since when did you become a cat magnet?!”

 

Chanyeol suddenly shouts as Baekhyun looks up at him. They all are staring with wide eyes at Baekhyun who tries to not blush. What's wrong with him being a cat magnet? He kind of likes it, since the so called demons only glares and argues with each other.

 

W-What's wrong with you? It's just cats who want to cuddle. Is that so wrong?”
“They're still not ordinary cats Baekhyun, they're our familiars. They're literally not friendly with just anyone.”
“Even Brownie and Chocolate likes you...”

 

Chen and Xiumin looks really surprised, which must mean that this isn't quite as normal as Baekhyun thought. The cats meow over and over again while trying to get Baekhyun's attention again. Baekhyun can't help but to giggle as he gets back to petting them. The others just stares at him while he takes care of the cats.

 

I have seriously never seen anything like this before...”
“Chanyeol... W-Who the hell is that human?”
“Yah, I can hear you!”

 

Baekhyun give Chen a strict glance, which makes him look rather surprised than pissed. Xiumin bursts out in laughter and Kris chuckles while Chanyeol just smirks proudly.

 

That's damn right, Baekhyun isn't someone you can screw around with Chen. He might seem shy, but he can be rather tough.”
“Y-Yah, don't be so damn proud about him!
“HAHAHA, I'M DYING! YOU GOT TOLD OFF!”

 

Xiumin is literally having the best time of his life while Chen glares annoyed at him. Baekhyun tries to not blush once again as he gets up of the floor. The cats meow disappointed while Baekhyun walks over to Chanyeol and sits down beside him. It doesn't take many seconds before Chanyeol puts his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders and smirks happily.

 

You're a damn cool human Baekhyun, you should know that.”
“W-What's so cool about me?”
“You kidding?! No one usually tells Chen off like that!”
“I just told him that I heard him loud and clear...”

 

Baekhyun feels a little confused, but he tries to act like it's nothing. The cats hurries to walk over to their owners as Baekhyun watches them carefully. They're such good cats, Baekhyun doesn't dislike anyone of them.

 

So... You also live in Seoul?”
“Ah yes, we partly live here and partly live in Seoul.”
“You're from there, aren't you?”
“Well, kind of, I live at the edge of Seoul.”
“Seoul is a nice place, isn't it?”
“Well yes, it's quite nice. It's really big.”

 

The others nod as Baekhyun gently plays with his own fingers. He isn't sure what he should say now, which the others also seem to be thinking of. Well, what are they supposed to ask? Maybe... about how the situation in Seoul looks like? After all, there were a lot of demons there to try to kill someone as simple as Baekhyun.

 

U-Uhm... H-How was the situation in Seoul when you left?”
“Not so well, the demons are everywhere. They still think you're there, which is good for you. They shouldn't come here for a couple of more days.”
“There are still more demons than those in Seoul, so don't think that you're safe quite yet.”
“This place is probably unthinkable for them right now. After all, this is Kris' territory and I'm pretty sure that he would normally never let any other demon stay here except us.”
“Exactly, therefor this place will be the last place to look at-”
“No, eventually someone will come here and it's probably not too long before they come. They're not that stupid, not when the higher ups helps them with the search.”

 

Everyone's face suddenly change into a weird expression. They all look both pissed but also a little anxious. Baekhyun isn't sure who the higher ups are, but they must be powerful people. Ah, so many questions suddenly pops up into Baekhyun's head and he can't ask them out loud! He's scared that if he asks too much, they will eventually not discuss something like this so openly around him.

The questions won't go away though, no matter how hard Baekhyun tries to sit still and not to think about them. The curiosity is itching him so badly, he just can't stand it! Baekhyun hurries to grab Chanyeol's hand and literally pulls him up of the couch and sprints towards the stairs. Chanyeol stumbles clumsily after him as the others stare shocked after them. The cats make their move quickly and follows Chanyeol's and Baekhyun up to the second floor and into their bedroom they get to borrow.

 

B-Baekhyun! Y-Yah, what are you doing?!”

 

Chanyeol snatch his hand away from Baekhyun who turns around and stares seriously at Chanyeol. So many questions and so little time! But he can't hold them in anymore! Chanyeol said that Baekhyun could ask him anything he would like, so he will.

 

Who are the higher ups? Why did you all look so weird when you mentioned them? A-And why is it so weird that your cats like me? A-And what about-?”
“C-Calm down! I-I can't answer everything at once!”

 

Baekhyun shuts up quickly as he stares at Chanyeol who scratch the back of the head. A sigh escapes Chanyeol's mouth while the cats gathers around Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

The cats are just... We don't know why they like you so damn much, but it's weird. They usually don't like being this friendly and they're definitely not this attached to people, not even us, their own masters. That is what is so weird about it, because they're behaving weirdly towards you.”
“I see... B-But who are those higher ups?”
“Let's not talk about that-”
“Yah! Y-You said I could ask you anything-”
“Yeah, you can ask, but I might not answer everything you-”
“Fine, then I will just ask the others!”
“Yah! Stop it! Don't go around and middle in others business!”

 

Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's wrist quickly and stops him from leaving the room. Of course he has to be such an annoying guy and try to stop Baekhyun. And he claims that it's not his business? There are literally hundreds of demons after him to kill him! Of course this is his business! How can this not be his business?!

But... It's not right for Baekhyun to force information out of Chanyeol like this. He has to be patient and let Chanyeol come to him and tell him what he wants. It's not right for Baekhyun to push Chanyeol and demand answers, even though it's quite annoying to be the only one who has no idea what they're talking about.

 

Fine... Do whatever you want... I don't care anyway...”

 

Baekhyun snatch his arm out of Chanyeol's grip before he walks over to the bed and sits down. Chanyeol sighs as the cats literally glare up at him from the floor.

 

What do you want? Get lost already.”

 

Chanyeol sounds really pissed, but he doesn't speak to Baekhyun. Chanyeol walks out of the room with quick steps while the cats stare after him. Baekhyun tries to not feel too annoyed as he curls together on the bed. He's not pissed, he's just disappointed. To be honest, Chanyeol is kind of hard to handle when he gets pissed, so it's Chanyeol's fault that Baekhyun gets this annoyed.

 

Meow~”
“I'm not pissed off... I'm just tired...”

 

Baekhyun mumbles mostly to himself as he grabs a pillow and hugs it. He's not pissed, he's just slightly annoyed. But it's alright to get annoyed from time to time, as long you remember to forgive or forget about it later. It's not alright to go around and be annoyed about something like this for days, but it's okay to be annoyed for an hour or so.

 

Meow~”

 

Baekhyun sighs as he buries his face against the pillow. Who is he trying to fool? He's not actually annoyed, he's just disappointed and frustrated. He feels so left out about everything and Chanyeol isn't even trying to include him. They all talk about higher ups and about the cats weird behavior, which isn't something Baekhyun has any idea about.

 

Is it really such a bad thing for me to want to know more...?”

 

Baekhyun sighs as he lies down on the bed. He's not going to be angry at Chanyeol, after all it's still not up to Baekhyun what Chanyeol should tell him or not. If Chanyeol doesn't want to talk with Baekhyun about certain stuff, then Baekhyun shouldn't push him. Even if it's making him feel so damn frustrated and a little annoyed.

 

Whatever he wants me to know, I should just accept it...”
“Meow~”
“I'm sorry guys, I don't understand what you're saying...”

 

The cats jumps up on the bed and lay down around Baekhyun. Black and Gray purrs while the two new cats, Brownie and Chocolate, wash themselves. Baekhyun lets out a small sigh as he closes his eyes. He wonders if Chanyeol is angry at him for arguing against him earlier. He wonders if Chanyeol will ever tell him anything now when he knows that Baekhyun wants to find out more and more.

 

Meow~”
“Don't worry about me... I'm fine... I think...”

 

 


Ayo guys! ^.^

So I'm back with a new chapter! *dancing for myself like a fool* ^.^

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and that you will stay tuned for the next chapter! Until then, please keep supporting me ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated and I hope you all enjoy reading this story! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3