Better Place

Demonic Love

Chanyeols P.O.V

Chanyeol sat and played with a small plastic ball, mostly because he were playing with his cat until he got too tired to play and laid down to clean himself. Chanyeol sighed tired as he put away the plastic ball and walked out to his living room to turn on the TV.

 

Today is a warm day, no it's a very hot day. The sun is killing him, and his air condition is broken, so he don't know what to do. Chanyeol walks around in just shorts, no t-shirt, no other pants, no other clothes. But it's no one around to see him anyway, so what can happen?

 

Chanyeol sighed deep as he were literally dying on the couch, wondering if he should try to get his out from his room and out to somewhere more, well, funny. He got up as he decided to find him a t-shirt and change his pants to swim trunks.

 

Now it is pretty obvious where he's going, that's right, to the beach. Chanyeol got his sunglasses on as he slipped his feet into his sandals before he grabbed his beach bag that he had packed fast with a towel, sunscreen and a bottle with water.

 

Chanyeol wasn't the only one that seemed to think the same idea to go to the beach. The beach were crowded with people, mostly of them gathering in to groups of teenagers, families with small children and the rest of the groups were combinations of different people in different ages.

 

Chanyeol found him a spot for himself, taking out his towel and put it on the ground before he sat down on it and took a deep breathe, smelling the salt water and heard the sea birds scream over his head. It's fun to sit on the beach, to check out hot girls and boys, but also cute ones. It's fun to see the children play, to remember your own childhood and have flashbacks for yourself.

 

It's even funnier to be on the beach with friends, where you can sit and talk, sunbath together, play around in the water or play around on the beach. Play volleyball, beach tennis or just soccer. It's much you can do with friends, but today Chanyeol is going to take it easy and just sunbath. Maybe check some girls and boys out then and then, when he get bored that is.

 

 

Baekhyuns P.O.V

It's a terrible week, and Baekhyun knows it. He met his aunt last night, and it wasn't fun. She looked at Baekhyun like he were some kind of broken vase that wasn't going to be able to fix. And earlier today his uncle came by, but mostly to check if the fridge had food.

 

And soon will Baekhyuns grandparents be here, mostly to check Baekhyun, but also to ask him about what happened back there. The police and the hospital aren't that sure about what happened either, but Baekhyun knows. He knows everything, he saw it, he went through it and he keep get the flashbacks about it.

 

Baekhyun sat on the couch, staring at the small coffee table in front of him, where a glass of water and ice were laying. Baekhyun don't know why he stared at it, maybe because he wanted to drink some water, or maybe it was a way to keep himself busy. Busy with not thinking about that day.

 

The bell rang in the middle of Baekhyuns thoughts as he looked up at the door, staring at it for some seconds before it knocked on it. Baekhyun got up, slowly walking over to the door and open the door slowly, seeing two familiar faces, but they weren't as happy as they used to be.

 

 

Hi Baekhyun, how you doing?”
“Grandma... Grandpa... Come in.”

 

 

Baekhyun let his grandparents step in as they almost scanned the place, like they expected Baekhyun to not clean it and to keep it fresh and clean. But Baekhyun wouldn't want it to be messy and dirty, he rather keep it like it were when his parents lived here, when they... When they still were alive.

 

 

You want something to drink or eat?”
“I got some cookies for you, your favorite. Do you want one?”
“No thanks... I'm not that hungry, sorry...”

 

 

Baekhyun walked back to the living room, sitting down as he waited for his grandparents to just begin to talk about the funeral and so on. Baekhyun talked with his aunt about it, and a little with his uncle. They both almost forced the topic upon Baekhyun, trying to make him understand that it's time to let them go and have a funeral.

 

His grandparents sat down on the couch as Baekhyun were sitting in front of them. They both looked at each others before they turned to Baekhyun who were busy with staring at the glass with water again.

 

 

Baekhyun, how are you feeling?”

 

 

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders, not feeling to talk about this to be honest. D.O, or Kyungsoo, said the same, that it might be a hard thing to talk about it, but Baekhyun need to talk about it with someone. Baekhyun has talked about it with Kyungsoo, isn't that enough already? No, his aunt and uncle didn't think that, and so do his grandparents.

 

 

Baekhyun, we're here for you, you know that, right? If you feel that you don't want to live here alone until we have begun to sell the house and some of the things in here, we understand you.”
“Don't sell anything... Don't give anything away from here!”

 

Baekhyun felt mad, he don't know why, but he just doesn't want that to happen. He felt how he wanted to cry as his grandparents stared at Baekhyun who held all his anger in.

 

 

Don't sell anything away from them, this is all I have left from them. If you do... I will never talk to you again. I will never forgive you, I will never ever-”
“Baekhyun, don't you think you're overreacting a little now? It's just stuff that you don't need, nothing of this is worth to save-”
“Shut up! It's not true! You wasn't there, were you?! You have no idea what they thought or felt! I had to see everything happen! So stop it! Just stop it already!”

 

 

Baekhyun felt the anger take over him, he couldn't help it, he just felt mad. He wish his grandparents understood him, he wish they weren't like this right now. Why must they turn against him, he love them as much as he loved his parents, or almost as much. But they have no right to decide what to do with his parents things until some kind of testament tells him that they have the right to do that.

 

 

Baekhyun, you're 17 years old-”
“I'm 18 years old, and I have right now more right than you have to take care of their things. And I say you have no right to sell anything away. Don't you dare to do that, if you do... You leave me no choice to close you out from my life, and I mean it.”
“Baekhyun, please don't do this. You have no idea what-”
“Honey, let him be. He's right, and you're also not in the right shape to decide over things like this. Lets wait to decide what to do with the house and the things after the funeral, okay?”

 

 

Baekhyuns grandpa sounded calm, he made Baekhyun calm down right away as his grandma. To be honest, she's nice and all, but she always must control everything. She wouldn't trust Baekhyun with this house, she wouldn't let him keep all those things and let him be, because she can't stand the thought that he's old enough to take care of himself.

 

 

Fine, but I want to decide over the funeral-”
“No honey, I think this time it's Baekhyuns turn to decide. Like he said, he's 18 years old and I think also it's better if he does it. We can give him advice and tell him what we think will be good, but else, he's the one making the decisions. Even his uncle and aunt has agreed with that, remember?”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how his grandmother looked over at him with a disbelief face, like she thought he couldn't handle anything right now. That made Baekhyun feel pissed off, he has never felt this pissed off by just one glance. Baekhyun stood up, walking over to the door and open it.

 

 

If you don't believe that I can do anything grandma, leave. I don't need someone to make me feel more bad, and I mean it. I love you and all granny, but I can't stand the way you don't believe in me.”
“I... I can't help it Baekhyun, you're still more affected than us about this, I'm not sure if you can make the right decisions on your own.”
“I can, so stop to believe that. Let me prove that I can do something for them... Let me do something for them, like I wanted to do that day.”

 

 

Baekhyun closed the door as his grandmother just nodded, he could see how she wanted to cry as he walked back to them. To be honest, some days he wish he was the one who died instead of his parents.

 

 

Chanyeols P.O.V

Chanyeol sat on one of the small mountains as he sat there by himself, at the top. He stared out over at the city he could see, wondering a little what was going on down there. Someone were giving a birth, someone died, someone were crying, someone were laughing. Someone is making love, someone is making hatred.

 

Chanyeol can sense many things, many feelings at once. He likes it, when he can feel so many combinations of feelings from others, but not from himself. He doesn't like his own feelings, because he knows that he's just dark and lonely. He has no happiness right now, only when he's with his friends, but that's not that often.

 

Chanyeol stared now up at the sunset, staring right in to the sun as he smirked. The devil can't see this, he can't control Chanyeol, he can't decide over him. Chanyeol smirked more by the thought, that he's as free as a normal person, but also as a demon.

 

He don't know if you have noticed it yet, which is very hard to notice sometimes, but Chanyeol isn't normal. You see, he's a demon, and he were stuck to do as the devil said, until something very surprising happen. A revolution.

 

The devil isn't like the one in the religions, no, he's actually just one powerful demon who's an fallen angel. And this fallen angel used his power to create a dark and evil people called demons, but since he were an angel, some of the devils didn't become pure evil. Chanyeol is one of them, one of them who never got pure evil.

 

 

Yo Chanyeol, long time no seen.”
“Uh? Oh, it's you.
Oh, it's you. Is that all you have to say to me?”
“What do you want Chen?”

 

 

Chen smirked as he sat down beside Chanyeol who were relaxing in the sun, but now he couldn't relax as much as he wanted too. Whenever another demonis around, he can't relax, he has never been able to do that, and he won't be able to do that now either.

 

 

I came by to ask if you wanted to join me on some funny missions.”
“Like what?”
“Well first of all, I planed to get some stupid jerk demons out of the way, and I need someone as strong as you to help me.”
“What do you mean get some jerk demons out of the way?”
“Well, I got a boyfriend now, and they're trying to hurt him, so I need to get them out of my way.”
“You have a boyfriend? You?”
“Yeah, so what? I said I was heteroual, but it wasn't quite the truth, not totally. Okay?”

 

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he looked at Chen who looked more serious as Chanyeol, probably wanting a real answer from Chanyeol. Chanyeol sighed as he tried to think about it, about helping Chen. He guess that if there is only evil demons, they're might be better out of the way, so it would be a good deed to help Chen. But if rumors spreed about Chanyeol being a traitor to his own kind, huge problems will be faced in the future.

 

 

Can you promise me that no rumors about we killing other demons will be spreed?”
“I can even guarantee that, because we will do a sneak job, nothing open.”

 

 

Chanyeol thought about it a little longer, thinking hard before he nodded and got up, stretching his arms out before he turned to Chen who had just stood up and smiled at Chanyeol.

 

 

Good, you're in then. Lets go, we need to get going before it gets to late to use my sneak attack.”
“Hay hay, I'm coming.”

 

 

Chanyeol walked after Chen, this is going to be a long night, Chanyeols has a feeling that he won't be back home until 2 am as maximum.

 

 

Baekhyuns P.O.V

Baekhyun laid on his bed, his blazer laying beside him and his tie hanging lose. His shoes were laying kicked of on the floor, and the white rose that he took with him home were laying on the desk.

 

Baekhyun were crying, feeling how he couldn't help it. This was it, he finally let it go. He let his parents get set free totally. The funeral are done, now his parents bodies are laying six feet under ground, resting in peace after everything they went through.

 

Baekhyun sat up when he heard someone knock on his bedroom's door as he looked over at the person. Kyungsoo stood in his own suit, staring over at Baekhyun who wiped some tears out, letting Kyungsoo walk over and pat his back light with a kind smile.

 

 

It was a wonderful funeral, not that funerals are wonderful, but I think your parents got very pleased with it. Good job Baekhyun, you did a great job.”
“Thanks... Thank you Kyungie, for coming.”
“I wouldn't let you go through this alone, I wouldn't be your friend if I did. Hey, what about you change clothes and let me make you some dinner?”
“I don't want to eat something thank you.”
“Baekhyun, you're so skinny already, please eat something. You have already lost so much weight the few weeks you have been home.”
“I'm fine with it, okay? Just... let me handle my feelings.”
“Fine... I will make a dinner and put a plate in the fridge, so you can eat whenever you want later.”

 

 

Baekhyun just nodded as Kyungsoo walked out from the room and down to one of the guest rooms, to change clothes and begin to cook something to eat. Baekhyun got up and begun to change clothes as well, not wanting to remain in his funeral clothes like this.

 

Baekhyun just managed to get some new fresh clothes on and to hangup his suit in his closet before Kyungsoo came in, smiling kind at him once again.

 

 

Baekhyun, your grandparents are here, they got something for you. It's important they said.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded as he walked down to the living room with Kyungsoo who left to go to the kitchen. Baekhyun stared at his grandparents who smiled kind, and he even saw how his grandpa patted his grandma's shoulder, trying to make her start their conversation.

 

 

Well... Good job Baekhyun, I didn't expect you to do such a good job.”
“We're very proud of you, and I bet your parents would be even prouder.”
“Thanks, I just... wanted them to have it like they would like it.”
“Here, we got this from your lawyer. We haven't opened it, we thought that it's better if you get to read this first since....”
“Since you're the closest to them of all of us. We have no right to read it before you, and that is why we came here.”
“Is this... what I think it is?”
“It's the testament. Like you see, we haven't opened it. So please, take your time and read it. We can come by later and get it, if that is okay?”
“Can I have it until tomorrow?”
“Of course you can, take your time. We're leaving for today then. Are you sure you wanna stay here alone Baekhyun?”
“Yeah, I'm sure. It's okay, don't worry. I'm... I'm starting to let it go, if you understand what I mean.”
“We do, Baekhyun. We understand. Then see you tomorrow, by lunch.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded as his grandparents left and left Baekhyun with Kyungsoo. Baekhyun sat down on the couch, holding the envelope in his hand as he felt how he wanted to open it, but still he were to scared to do it. He held his breathe before he slowly open the envelope and slowly took out the well-written documents in his hand.

 

Baekhyun slowly begun to read the testament, and surprising enough, it were more like a letter to him. And to be honest, his parents they wrote this to him, because they literally mention his name, telling him everything they thought he had to know.

 

There were so much Baekhyun red that he never thought he would get to know about. About the house, about his parents backgrounds, everything. He just wish he knew them better, he wish he could had sat down with them one more time before they passed away. He still had so many questions, so many things he wanted to tell them, but it were to late. Everything were to late.

 

 

Baekhyun, do you want something to drink- Hey, what's wrong?”

 

 

Kyungsoo had just entered the room, finding Baekhyun crying as he just shook his head and wiped out some tears. Baekhyun is still though happy, happy that his parents trusted him more than his grandparents, his uncle and his aunt, more than any other relative has done this far.

 

 

Nothing, I just... I just found out about so much things, and I... I'm just happy.”
“Happy about what?”
“That my parents trusts me... That they really wished me the best.”
“Of course they would wish you the best, any time like they would have said.”
“You know... They gave me all this. Everything that belongs to them belongs to me now... I can... I can keep everything, just like I want it.”
“Baekhyun... You know, this house costs a lot, and some things in here are really expensive, so you can get a lot from it. I'm not saying that you should sell everything for money, but maybe some few things? And maybe, I'm just recommending, maybe you should move out to a smaller place. Like in to an apartment.”
“I don't want too... I don't want to sell all this away.”
“Then you know what you gotta do, you need to find another way to keep everything.”
“My mom's and dad's saved money is mine... I can easily sell the car maybe, and some other small stuff that I really can't use... I think I can make, it, especially with a part-time job.”
“You seriously going to live here alone?”
“At least until I'm... Until I'm ready to move on a little further. You need to see things from my side, from my point of view. This house isn't just something that I live in, this his my home, my memories, my everything. Here was my time spend with them, with mom and dad. Here is where I grew up, and I just don't want to sell it away. Just not yet.”

 

 

Kyungsoo just nodded understanding as he got up, just remembering the food as he hurried away. Baekhyun took another glance at the testament, reading it through once again before he smiled a little for himself.

 

When he reads this, he feels like he's talking to his parents again, listening to their voices and how they excited talks about their old lives and how Baekhyun was when he were a baby boy. He just wish he got some few more days with them, or maybe one or two more years. To be honest, he would be happy to spend just some few more seconds, minutes, hours or just days to be with them again.

 

He truly misses them a lot, but now, he knows that they're at a better place.

 


Ayo guys! Second chappie up, which feels great! And I'm in school right now, so it feels almost a little badass to update this fiction, hehe ^.^

Don't worry, I'm having a long lunch break, so I have plenty of time. So don't think I'm skipping classes right now ^.^

I just wanna say thank you for supporting this fiction! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! But remember, I won't mind a simple hi from you ^.^

Else I don't have that much to say, so see you next time I update! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3