Confused

Demonic Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun opened his eyes tired as he carefully sat up. He doesn't know why, but it feels like his head is spinning. Has he rolled around a lot in his sleep? Maybe he had a very scary dream? No, if he had a nightmare he would be more shaky then dizzy.

Baekhyun looked around a little as he suddenly saw his baseball bat lay outside his closet and it was then he remember everything from last night. Baekhyun got fast up from his bed and was about to run over to the baseball bat, when the door went open to his room.

 

Good morning Baekhyun-ah-”
“Don't come near me!”

 

Baekhyun grabbed the baseball bat and held it up against the tall boy in the door opening who looked confused at Baekhyun. Baekhyun felt the fear grab him as he wanted to freak out and hope that he's still dreaming.

 

Wait, I'm not here to-”
“I said don't come near me! T-This is not right! Something is not right here!”
“C-Calm down little guy-”
“You're not supposed to be real! And I hit you! Hard! You should be hurt! Like really hurt!”
“I know, but you have to calm down-”
“How am I supposed to calm down when you're here?!”

 

Baekhyun said as he doesn't understand why he's talking to this supposed-to-be stranger. The tall boy just sighed as he face palmed himself right in front of Baekhyun.

 

I knew it was a bad idea to just show up here, geez it wasn't supposed to be like this... Listen, I'm not here to hurt you. I just... wanted to check upon you a little.”
“S-Stop t-talk to me l-like I know you! I-I told you, you can't be real!”
“But I am, seriously. Last night you even remembered my name and you calmed down, remember? I'm not here to hurt you, because if I wanted to hurt you or kill you or anything like that, you would have already been hurt or dead. I wouldn't be here right now in this very moment if I wanted to harm you.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he slowly lowered his baseball bat, though he couldn't help to feel a little freaked out. Baekhyun admits, the tall guy who he thinks is Chanyeol, do have a point. If he wanted to hurt Baekhyun, Baekhyun would have been hurt by now. And if he wanted Baekhyun dead, well Baekhyun would be dead for a long time ago.

 

Good, just calm down and try to understand that I'm not here to hurt you. So please, put the baseball bat down and take a deep breath.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he hesitated for a while before he slowly dropped the bat onto the floor and tried to take a deep breath. The tall guy in front of him smile kind as he took a step closer to Baekhyun, but just one. Then he stopped and let Baekhyun get used to his presence for some seconds.

 

Do you remember me? Do you remember my name for an example?”
“Y-You're not supposed to be real...”
“I know, but I am. I know you were little back then, but-”
“How can you still be this young? You're supposed to be over 30 years old.”
“I know all this seems weird, but let's try to solve this step by step. First of all, do you remember my face?”
“Yes, I know who you are. You're Chanyeol, you said you would protect me.”
“You remember that much, good.”
“Why are you here? H-How did you come into my house? W-What is going on?”

 

Baekhyun felt confused as Chanyeol walked carefully over to him and put a hand on Baekhyun's forehead. Baekhyun almost jerked back for a second when Chanyeol's hand met his forehead, but Chanyeol removed it before Baekhyun could jerk away from him.

 

You're not sick, which is good. Are you hungry? You should eat something.”
“I-I don't... You haven't...”
“I will answer your questions after you have eaten something.”

 

Baekhyun hesitated once again before he nodded a little and begun to slowly walk by Chanyeol and down to the kitchen. Baekhyun then begun to wonder, have he gone mad? What if only he sees Chanyeol? What if it is his imagination?

 

Of course... I must have gone crazy!”
“No, you haven't. I'm as real as you are.”
“S-Stop talk to me!”

 

Baekhyun shouted as he rushed down to the kitchen and hid under the dinning table. Chanyeol came into the kitchen and sighed when he saw Baekhyun sit under the table. Chanyeol crossed his arms over his chest as he sighed once again.

 

Are you going to sit down there until I leave?”
“Yes!”
“Well, then you will sit down there forever. Can you please come out and eat your breakfast? You need it.”
“I'm gone mad... Please kill me-”
“Don't say that in front of me, please... Don't ask me to kill you...”

 

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol who looked almost hurt, like a memory tortured him. Baekhyun realized that this wasn't his imagination, because then Chanyeol wouldn't have said or looked like he did right now. Baekhyun slowly climbed out of his hideout as he dusted himself of.

He suddenly realized that Chanyeol must be a real person and that he just embarrassed himself in front of him. Baekhyun wanted to face palm himself, but he didn't since that would be even more embarrassing. Instead he took out something to eat and looked over at Chanyeol. He can't believe that he's doing this.

 

Do you want something? I got bread and butter and other stuff.”
“I'm fine thank you.”
“I got cereals too.”
“No thanks, I don't eat breakfast. I don't need it.”
“Coffee? Tea? Juice?”
“Some tea wouldn't be wrong though.”

 

Baekhyun nodded as he was fast to make some tea, though he still doesn't know why he's doing this. After all, Chanyeol should be a total stranger to him, but he isn't. The guy managed to get into the house without breaking anything, which should be impossible. Baekhyun is a hundred percent sure that he locked the door and he hasn't opened any windows since his parents died. And his parents never opened the windows, they just didn't.

 

Tell me... How did you come into my house?”
“I... I have a special trick of mine.”
“Is something broken? You should tell me if it is.”
“No, nothing's broken. I promise.”
“W-Who are you exactly... Y-You're not really a... a guardian, aren't you?”
“You said I'm your guardian, so I decided I would be your guardian.”
“I don't know what's wrong with me... I'm not even sure if you're truly real or not.”
“Trust me, I'm real. Your friend will see me if he comes by, if he now comes by today.”
“You mean Kyungsoo? Wait... How do you know about him?!”
“I'm your guardian, remember? I have to know a lot about you. Or I decided that I had to know a lot about you, but only to protect you.”
“What do you mean by saying that?!”
“It means that I have to know who comes here or not, because there is someone who's trying to kill you-”
“T-Then... W-Wait, w-why m-me? W-What have I done?”

 

Chanyeol leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. He stared serious at Baekhyun for a while before he shrugged his shoulders and looked away. Chanyeol must know something that he doesn't want to tell Baekhyun, but what? And why doesn't he just tell him the truth?

 

What is going on here? Why are you here?”
“Let's just say that I have always been here, you just haven't noticed.”
“W-What?!”
“Not for real, but let's just pretend.”
“How can I pretend that a stranger have been here many times before without me seeing him?! It sounds so wrong!”
“You're panicking.”
“No !”
“Calm down, please. I know all this seems weird, but you have to try to stay calm.”
“I have gone mad... That's the only answer...”
“You know... Every time something unnatural or unreal happens, people say they have gone mad or that they're dreaming. Why? Why can't you just accept the fact that things like those can happen and that there is nothing to be scared of.”
“Because... Because sometimes it's easier to not know than to know.”

 

Baekhyun spoke calmly as he realized how calm he became. Baekhyun poured up Chanyeol's tea before he walked over to the tall boy and held out the cup. Chanyeol took it with a thankful smile before he watched Baekhyun grab his sandwiches and sat down by the table. It didn't take many seconds before Chanyeol sat down by the table as well as he sighed out tired.

 

I forgot to feed my cat before I left...”
“Then you should go.”
“And leave you in this kind of state? Forget that.”
“What do you mean this kind of state?”
“Well... It's too complicated to describe it, but let's think like this. When you get scared, some people flee and some fight, right? Like if I would scare you, like last night, you would hit me. Hopefully not with a baseball bat this time-”
“Ah! How did you survive that?!”

 

Baekhyun almost fell of his chair as he pointed at Chanyeol. Chanyeol sighed as Baekhyun grabbed the table to not fall of his chair, but he still stared suspicious at Chanyeol.

 

Okay, calm down to begin with.”
“I am calm enough! Just tell me the bloody truth already!”
“You're not calm, now you're in a weird state of anger.”
“Don't say I'm in a state!”
“See, you're mad.”

 

Baekhyun sighed as he hit his head against the table as Chanyeol stared dumb at him. Baekhyun whined as he rest his forehead against the table's surface. He doesn't want to look up, please don't force him to look up.

 

There there, calm down now-”
“Don't touch me or I will go and get the baseball bat.”
“And now you're in a threatening state-”
“One more word about the damn states and I will get the baseball bat and hit you.”

 

Chanyeol went silent as Baekhyun sighed out loud. After a while Baekhyun sat up straight and looked over at Chanyeol who tried to smile kind, but he looked more nervous.

 

You're a really weird guy... I don't know why, but I'm not scared of you anymore.”
“It's actually pretty weird, because... my nature is to scare and hurt.”
“W-What do you mean with that?”
“I'm not like that myself, really. But I was created to scare and hurt.”
“I'm not sure if I'm supposed to ask or not.”
“Please, let's save this talk to another time.”
“Like I said, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to ask or not...”
“We will talk about it all another time, but right now I want to talk about you.”
“Don't you already know everything about me?”
“Not really, I just figured out that you have a friend named D.O and that he has cooked food for you since... Since there are special circumstances.”
“Wait... D-Do you... k-know about... Mom and... dad?”
“That's... I'm going to be honest with you, Baekhyun. I know what happened in the USA and I know that... I know that you have seen some things that ordinary humans doesn't.”
“Y-You knew that it would happen before it happened?”
“No, Baekhyun. I know that I said I would be your guardian when you were little... But I got scared to hurt you if I was around. Back then... I... I had problems with certain people who wanted to hurt you. I made sure that you and your parents didn't get hurt back then, but after that night... I just came by some few times to check upon you for maximum two years. Then I left you alone, scared to hurt you. I thought you would be more safe without me... but it seems like I was wrong. Your parents didn't die through an accident, Baekhyun. They died on purpose. Someone murdered them.”
“T-That c-can't be...”

 

Baekhyun felt how he lost his appetite right away as he stared down on the table. He wants to cry so badly now, but he doesn't want to cry in front of Chanyeol.

 

You have always been like this, Baekhyun... When you were little and fell, you refused to cry in front of your friends and in front of your parents. But when you were alone, you cried and sometimes your mother found you. It's not wrong to cry, Baekhyun. You can cry as much as you want in front of me, because I have already seen you cry so many times before.”
“Shut up... Please...”

 

Baekhyun felt how he cried as he didn't want to hear anyone say any more words. He just wants to sit here in silence and just cry. He doesn't want to hear the truth anymore. He just wants to forget it, he wants to forget all of this.

 

There is no idea to try to deny it, Baekhyun-”
“Please... I'm begging... Don't... Don't tell me the truth...”
“You wanted to know the truth so badly for just a moment ago.”
“I don't want to know about it anymore.”

 

Chanyeol sighed as Baekhyun got up fast and left the table without any other words. Baekhyun walked fast towards the stair as he listened to the silence, Chanyeol didn't follow him. Baekhyun walked fast up to his room as he closed the door behind him and slowly slid down for it until he sat on the floor. Baekhyun curled together into a small ball as he cried into his thighs.

Everything is just too complicated and too confusing for him right now.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun is in a shaky state by now, he's not sure what to believe. Chanyeol don't blame the boy's behavior, after all Chanyeol just showed up and scared the out of him. Everything must be up and down for the boy, because to him, Chanyeol shouldn't exist.

 

I better leave him alone for a while...”

 

Chanyeol mumbled as he listened to the silence. Chanyeol slowly drank his tea as he glanced over at Baekhyun's breakfast, it was barely touched. Chanyeol decided to put the sandwiches into the fridge as he cleaned the table. Then he sat down with his tea and drank it in silence.

After around 30 minutes, Chanyeol got up of the chair and slowly begun to walk towards the stairs. He walked as silent he could as he listened to the quiet house. He slowly begun to walk up for the stairs and kept listen to the silence.

After he had walked up for the stairs, Chanyeol begun to walk towards Baekhyun's room. The closer he got to the room, the less silent it got. Chanyeol could first hear quiet sobs from the stairs, but the closer he walked, the louder the sobs became.

 

Poor little guy...”

 

Chanyeol stopped for a while as he listened to the painful sound of Baekhyun crying. Chanyeol wants to go over to the boy and comfort him so badly, but he's scared that he will just make everything worse. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to come here after all?

Chanyeol walked closer to Baekhyun's room as he suddenly felt something weird. Something is disturbing the peace here. Chanyeol could sense something dark and uncomfortable get closer, and it was fast.

Chanyeol realized fast what is was as he rushed over to Baekhyun's room and opened the door fast. Baekhyun, who has been crying the whole time, got totally startled by Chanyeol's sudden move. Chanyeol grabbed the boy and was fast to pull him with him as he ran down the corridor.

Baekhyun stumbled after Chanyeol, confused and shocked. When Baekhyun finally realized what was going on, Chanyeol had already dragged the boy down to the hallway as he almost forced Baekhyun to get his shoes and jacket on.

 

W-What are you doing?! W-What's going on?!”
“I don't have time to explain! Get your things on, quick!”

 

Baekhyun looked confused as Chanyeol got his own shoes and jacket on. Then he opened the door and peeked his head out. Baekhyun watched him like a fool as Chanyeol hurried out of the house and locked the door just in case. But he got a feeling that there was no idea to do that.

 

Where are we-?”
“Please don't ask any more questions out here. We're ordinary people, you got it? Good, now move it.”

 

Chanyeol walked fast as Baekhyun walked confused behind him. Chanyeol held his hand tight around Baekhyun's small hand as they walked as fast as possible. But Chanyeol knows that they're still in danger and they have to move quick. The air feels weird, it's almost static and it almost like the air is getting heavier.

 

W-What's going on? What's wrong with the air?”
“Let's just keep silent and walk as fast we can.”
“Are we in danger?”
“We need to get away from here, now.”

 

Baekhyun looked worried at Chanyeol who looked around and watched his surrounding, they're close. Chanyeol begun to speed up as Baekhyun struggled with keeping up with him. Baekhyun almost had to jog beside Chanyeol who sensed the dark aura get closer to them.

 

... This way.”

 

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun with him as fast he could as he made sure to not walk too close to the dark aura. Chanyeol walked and walked until he found an alley and pulled Baekhyun with him into the alley. Baekhyun looked nervous around as Chanyeol was fast to stop and pushed Baekhyun in towards a corner of the alley.

 

Stay still, whatever you do, don't move and don't speak from now and on.”

 

Baekhyun looked scared as Chanyeol stared towards the alley's opening and watched it carefully. No one can come from above, he would sense the person right away by now. Chanyeol stood silent as the dark aura came closer and he got ready to fight any minute. They are here.

 


Ayo guys! I'm finally back again, which feels great! ^.^

How are you all? Well I have a lot of school stuff going on, so I don't know when I will be able to update next time. That's why I beg you all to be patient and keep supporting me! ^.^

Else I just want to thank you all for supporting this fiction! It means a lot to me, so thank you so much! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated! But up to you! ^.^

Now I don't have that much else to say for now, so take care until next time I see you! Have a nice day/night,morning/evening! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3