Doing the Dare

Started Out as Strangers, Now Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day came by and today was the day that Xiumin had to ask out Kang Minyoung, a dare that was planned by his 5 best friends. But today was also the last day of the 1st semester so everyone had to take their finals. 

"Do I really have to do this?" Xiumin asked in a whiny tone.

"Yup." Luhan replied. "After we take our finals, you'll go up to her and ask her out."

"Or you'll owe all of us 20 bucks each." Kris smirked.

"I hate you guys." Xiumin mumbled as he walked into his class.

🎶🎶🎶

[2 Hours Later]

"Everyone can go take a break now. We'll grade your tests while you kids are gone." The teacher announced. 

This was it. Xiumin had to approach Minyoung and ask her out or he had to pay his best friends 20 dollars.

Tao, who was also in Xiumin's class walked up to him and whispered, "Ask her out or pay up." 

 Xiumin who took a deep breath and walked with Tao down the hallway. When he saw Minyoung stand infront of her locker, that's when he chanted, "I can do this." Xiumin took a deep breath and walked towards her but he stopped halfway. He turned around and walked towards Tao instead.

"Hyung! What are you doing?!" 

"I can't do this Tao." Xiumin took a deep breath and sighed. 

"Why? Do you want to owe us money or what?"

"No." Xiumin muttered and crossed his arms.

"But don't you like her?!" Tao asked, nearly yelling.

"Yes." Xiumin ruffled his hair with both of his hands ans sighed. "But I can't do it." 

"Yes you can, hyung." Tao placed his hands on Xiumin's shoulders. "I know you can, hyung." Tao smiled. "When the results for our finals come out, go ask."

"Okay." Xiumin nodded and smiled. "Thanks Tao."

"Anything for my hyung." Tao grinned.

🎶🎶🎶

"The results are out!" A younger classed boy yelled.

Minyoung who was studying in the library heard the boy run pass. Even though finals were done for one semester, she had to continue her studies. She packed up her books and stuffed them into her backpack so she could get to see the results.

"Hyung!" Tao grabbed Xiumin's wrist and started to drag Xiumin down the hallway. "She must be there already!" 

When the two got up to the corkboard, they saw their 4 best friends look at the board. 

"Cool! I got 30th place!" Chen cheered. 

"Well I got 15th." Lay commented.

"I got 45th?!" Kris yelled.

"I got 16th, Lay." Luhan said.

When Tao let Xiumin's wrist go, he ran and stood right next to Kris and looked at the results. 

"I got 24th!" Tao chirped. "Xiumin hyung! What did you get?!" 

Xiumin walked over and searched his from 100th place and looked up with his widened eyes. "I-- I got 2nd place." 

"Good job, hyung!" Chen patted his back. "Who's the first?"

"Woah dude! Kang Minyoung got first again!" One boy pointed to her name.

"Wow, that smart ." One girl snickered to her friends.

 "She deserved it. She wouldn't stop studying." One guy told his friends.

When Minyoung turned the corner, everyone turned their eyes on her. She didn't know what would happen if she walked over there.

"Good job Minyoung!" Chen gave her a thumbs up.

 "Minyoung-ah." Her brother Minhyuk called as he walked with his friends. "Why are they staring at you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter