First Day of Hell

Inmate 0205

The only thing I want is silence. I need time to clear my thoughts, calm my mind and let me take a breather. Time and silence is all I want, but realization hits me hard.

In here, I won't get whatever I want.


"Wake up, princess." Someone whispered in my ear. I shot straight up, knocking the person on top of me over. Hyoyeon grumbled curse words as she got up from the dusty ground. "! I try to help and this is what I get?" She rubbed her throbbing head.

"What?" I rubbed my eyes and heard the metal railings on the other cell rattle open.

"Prepare your bed and get up!" Hyoyeon hissed, pulling me by my arm. I did as I was told and finished at the last second.

"Inspection!" A guard shouted. I felt relief wash over me when it wasn't officer A.Hole again.

This time, however, he made sure to check their cell thoroughly, not leaving an inch un-inspected. Hyoyeon leaned on the wall, playing with her nails as I stood next to her, looking like someone taped a metal rod to my back.

"0205." He said in a calm tone, yet his voice boomed off the wall. Being the lost puppy that I am, Hyoyeon had to nudge my side to snap me back to reality.

"Y-Yes?" I stumbled a step forward, my eyes landing on the guard.

"You are called to the psychiatrist's office." He said, his voice sounding cold and utterly emotionless.

"I don't know-"

"Follow me." He cut me off, making me scowl, but I hid it under my messy fringe. The only thing on my mind is a shower, not a visit to a doctor.

"Tell me all about it when you get back." Hyoyeon whispered into my ear as I passed by, definitely talking about the guard. I suppose he's that Lu Han guy.

"So..." I started off. "Why are they asking for me?" 

He didn't reply.

"I think it might be a mistake. I'm not mentally insane or anything." I shrugged my shoulders.

He still kept quiet.

"Can't you just excuse me? I'll just-" In a flash, my backside crashed against the cemented wall, making me wince.

"0205, you only speak when we tell you to." He growled, pinning my wrists against the wall. 

I hate this feeling.

When I have absolutely no control over my situation. I don't like this, because it just sends me into a panic attack. I tried my hardest to control my breathing, but it wasn't working. I closed my eyes, shutting them tight as I waited for him to do whatever. If he's like the others, I'm in deep , but if he isn't, I'll leave with my innocence- well, technically my ity since I'm no longer considered innocent.

"Stop... Stop crying." He muttered, slowly getting off of me. I sighed and let out a few coughs before continuing behind him.

Once we reached the office, I scurried inside without saying a word to the guard. I want to leave a huge gap between us and any other guards. And to think, it'll be like this for 5 years.

I took a seat in front of the woman who looked to be well over her 30's. She had one of those typical white doctor's coat. Her office had all sorts of gadgets hung on the walls, littering the counters and around the trash bin.

"Good morning, Yuri." She said monotonously, flipping through her files. I just kept quiet since I really don't want to be here. "Says here that you're admitted to me for psychological problems. Now, tell me, what's on your mind? What's been bothering you lately?"

She can't be serious right now. We both now that she wouldn't give two cents for what I think or what goes on in my mind. I could see it in her bored eyes and her failed attempts to hold in her yawns. Well, I guess I can't give all the blame to her. I mean, even I would get irritated and tired after working at a god damn prison for years.

"Nothing. Look, there's nothing wrong with me. I'm perfectly sane and all I want to do is do my time, and go back home... If I still have one." I slumped in my chair, staring at the grey walls. This place is too depressing.

"Here's the thing, I only get paid if I actually help you. And trust me, you're not the only one who wants to get out of here. Tell you what, I know that in a few days or so, you'll be going insane and want a break from... Here. So, what I'm proposing to you is that you come to my office, rest a bit, chat and call it a day." She offered a somewhat sincere smile, but I knew there was something hiding behind it.

"What's the catch?" I raised my brows.

"Smart girl, but there's no catch." She shook her head. "I've seen you yesterday and you looked like a lost puppy. It's rare to see that here, especially in this prison." 

"Okay..." I said, still not understanding why she's being so nice.

"Just go back to whatever you were doing and I'll write in my report that you did fine today." She lightly pushed me outside and I gladly complied. I didn't like being in that stuffed space anyways.

"Thanks, doctor." I pressed my lips into a thin line, not really sure how to end our little conversation.

"Call me Yoon Ji. I'll see you next time." And with that, she closed the door, leaving me in the little narrow hallway that lead to her office. I shrugged my shoulders and walked cautiously towards the direction where I think my cell was until someone slammed me against the brick wall.

"What the heck?!" I shouted, feeling someone press against my back as I faced the wall.

"We have an escaped inmate!!!" The officer yelled, sending almost everyone on high alert as they tackled me to the ground.

"I just came out of the doctor's office!" I defended, but knew that they still wouldn't believe me.

And in a flash, they handcuffed me, chained my legs and dragged me to who knows where. I passed my cell where Hyoyeon was and she gave me the 'what-the--did-you-do look. I gave her a look for help, but just by looking at her face, I knew she couldn't do much.

I was brought to this off-limits area of the prison where all I heard was shouting, and screaming. As much as I wanted to stay away from the guards, I can't help but huddle closer to them when I saw faces appear across the dark windows on every door. Rattling chained echoed through the hallway as some of the lights were well beyond repair as some were just flickering, making it even harder to see where you're going.

"Where are we?" I whispered quietly.

"Solitary confinement. You'll be staying here until you've learned your lesson." The guard said, not changing his mood or expression at all.

"For what? I didn't do anything!"

"That's what they all say." Another guard butted in. "You'll be here for a week or until we tell you to leave. Serves you right for trying to escape."

"I didn't try to-" I tried to argue some more, but they already pushed me into this dark cell where the only source of light was this weak nightlight in the corner of the room. Other than that, all I saw was complete darkness. I backed away until I hit a metal stick and then figured that it was my bed. I hugged my knees as I tried to hold in my tears and control my breathing.

"This isn't happening." I breathed heavily, trying to control my thoughts from spiraling out of control.

"Is this how it's going to be from now on?" I contemplated, closing my eyes for a second. "Getting pushed into this dark place when I've done nothing wrong?" 

But that's when I realized it.

This is how it's going to be until I leave this god forsaken place. I'll be forever known as a weakling if I don't step up. I don't want to be pushed around anymore and I can't take it here. Might as well make myself as comfortable as possible since I have no choice but to stay. I can't be the innocent girl anymore...

I am now inmate 0205.

A/N:

Hello! Long time no update :s

I feel like I rushed this chapter (which I did) so I apologize if this didn't satisfy you...

Anyways, I've been busy with school and all those typical excuses, but it's true.

I will probably update every few weeks or so, but I am most definitely more active on my Wattpad account :)

Comments, subscribers and votes are always appreciated and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

P.S. Another huge thanks to Wanderlust Graphic Shop for the ultra cool poster and background!