Help

Inmate 0205

Sometimes, when times get hard, I really just need someone to hold me and calm me down, but in a place like this, it's laughable. A thought, a need like that would make you seem weak and get you even more hurt.

I want to avoid that as much as possible.


"Yuri, come on." Hyoyeon whispered while patting my back. She might sound sweet at the moment, but I know that in a second, she'll turn her bad mode on in front of everyone else. 

I have been sitting on my bed, knees up to my chest. The tears have stopped 2 hours after I came back and I just sat in my bed, lifeless the entire night. I didn't even feel the time pass by until Hyoyeon had to wake me from my trance. I looked up at her and saw worry in her eyes which made me show a very faint, grateful smile.

"Let's go get some food." She said softly and then her face turned emotionless. I understood why she does that, I learned that the hard way.

God knows what she's been through and how long she's been through it while I just got here not even a month ago. I was a mess, crying so easily and then suffering the consequences later on. I wanted it all to stop and I'm keen on making that happen. I know I've said that before, but that was before I became friends with Lu Han.

Lu Han. Where was he?

I felt a sudden surge of anger rip through me. I shut my eyes close to stop the forming tears from falling. No. No more crying. I hate the feeling, I don't like it anymore.

"Don't worry. Think of me as someone on your side."

"This may sound like something out of a bad romance movie, I will protect you and not let you get hurt." 

His lies ripped through me like a sharp blade and it irritated me to the point where I had to stop for a moment to take a breath. Hyoyeon sent me a worried glances, but I waved her off before taking a deep breath. I muttered some words of encouragement- although I feel like they were useless in a place like this. 

Like every other day, the cafeteria was full and loud. A jolt of fear ran through me when my arm brushed against a guard's arm. He was stiff and glared at me so I scurried away, but then later scold myself for being so weak. I took a sharp intake when I felt an unfamiliar hand rest on my shoulder, sending waves of unease through me.

"Don't forget our little conversation, you hear?" His voice made me cringe away, but I still nodded before walking on a different direction. 

After my little interaction with him, I didn't have an appetite anymore- I actually felt like throwing up. I ran out the cafeteria, feeling like the walls would close up on me if I stayed any longer. I blinked back the tears and harshly pushed my way through the other inmates before reaching my cell. 

But before I could even reach the metal bars that I have grown accustomed to, another hand held my wrist, this one feeling warm and familiar which I dreaded. I turned my head a little to the side, glancing at Officer Lu Han who stared at me worriedly.

"Hey, what's the matter?" His soft voice didn't manage to break through the layers of anger that surrounded me. I was still pissed. I ripped my arm away and rubbed the spot harshly.

"You want to know what ing happened?" I spat, the curse words spilling out due to my anger. He was clearly taken aback, but didn't say anything. "You lied to me, made me believe that I could be safe here and then leave me when I needed you."

"I..." Of course he didn't know what to say. I was right!

"I was lucky that he didn't go any further than he did." I glared at him, hoping he feels every single ounce of pain I felt. I hope guilt consumes his being and haunts him every night, I hope my words will stick to his mind forever to the point where he can't handle it anymore.

"What did he-" He was muttering, but I already knew what he wanted to say before he said it. 

"The b*stard ing stripped me of my dignity and made me feel like a complete sl*t." The words started spilling out, and before I knew it, so did the tears. "What happened to the 'I will protect you' ? Huh? Or was that just a plan you created in your ed up mind?"

He remained quiet.

"That's what I thought." I huffed, but all that wasn't enough to get all my frustration and anger out. "I don't give two sh*ts if you have your stupid claim on me." I took a deep breath. "Just. ing. Stay. Away." I seethed and ran into my cell. I hate the fact that there wasn't a solid door to hide me from him, but I contented myself by burying my head in my stiff pillow. I'd rather suffocate with this moldy smelling pillow than face him.

I've had enough of liars and fakers. My only hopes stands with Hyoyeon and who knows when she plans on snapping that small link I established with her. 

I sighed loudly when I heard his fading footsteps, but not before they stopped abruptly. I peeked a bit over my shoulder and saw him peeking back over his shoulder. At the same time, we both snapped our heads back and I burrowed mine into my pillow. A few minutes later, the cell door opened and closed loudly, but I barely moved. I felt a presence next to me and knew who it was.

"Guess who I bumped into while here." Hyoyeon chuckled to herself, but I remained utterly quiet. "Come on, Yul. Lighten up a bit. You know I hate these sappy moments." I let out a scoff. 

For the rest of the day, it was surprisingly quiet. I wasn't to move unless it was time for inspection, but even then, I barely shifted when leaning on the wall. Officer Lu Han still had the audacity to be near me, but it's not like I cared anymore. He could go jumping off a cliff for all I care. Sometimes, during the inspection, I could feel his gaze on me and it stayed there longer than I would have liked, but I kept my mouth shut for my own good.

"Well, I guess... Um, goodnight." Hyoyeon sounded uncomfortable before shifting in her stiff bed and I chuckled quietly to myself.

"Goodnight, Hyo." I muttered and pulled the covers over my chest.

It only took me a few minutes to finally feel myself drifting to sleep, but I couldn't quite let myself go unconscious yet. I heard whispering outside the cell door and my name was passed around more than once. My curiosity spiked and I was wide awake. I furrowed my brows as the bars that kept me locked up slid open. One nudge sent me bolting up from my position and I was met face to face with a scrawny man with thick circular glasses.

"H-Hello?" I greeted, trying to hide the rude tone in my voice. I'm not very cheerful when being woken so abruptly.

"Miss Kwon, is it?" The man asked and I nodded. "Come with me." He swiftly his heels and scurried out as a guard held the cell door open for me.

"Hurry up, inmate, it's late and I want to sleep." The guard growled and I huffed before slipping into my boots. I quickly caught up to the man who was rushing down the hallway on his stick-like legs.

"Hey, wait up!" I called out softly. "What is going on?" While running after him, I saw one of the doors open and Lu Han emerged, y messy hair and tired eyes. He stared at me confusingly and I swore I saw a hint of worry, but I shook my head and kept chasing after the man.

Near the end, I wound up in front of a door and slowly twisted the knob before entering. I poked my head through the small gap and noticed the man sitting at a small round table with coffee and doughnuts. My mouth watered at the sight. It feels like a lifetime since I've had normal, tasty food.

"Please, miss Kwon, take a seat." He offered and I did, eager to sink my teeth into the soft pastry. I glanced back at the door and noticed a shadow behind it. Lu Han.

Oh, what I would do to get a chance to flip him off.

"Why am I here? What is going on?" I asked the general questions, but kept my eye on the doughnuts and delicious coffee.

"Relax first. Have some coffee and a doughnut." He offered and I greedily dug in and shoved as many small pieces of doughnut in my mouth as fast as possible before swallowing it down with some coffee. "Well." He cleared his throat, amusement behind his thick glasses. "Let us get down to business."

"Business? With me?" I asked in disbelief while swallowing the rest of my danish. "What for?"

"Remember when you were first arrested for the murder of Mr.Kim?" He asked and the pain from the memories made me gulp. I nodded my head, not wanting my voice to betray me. "I've taken interest in your case ever since I saw you on the news."

"The news?!" I exclaimed. "I was on the freaking news?!" I clamped my hands over my mouth. I'm not a fame , I'm far from it. I can't believe people just put me on television like that.

"Yes. I have to say, you put up a believing act. I could hear the desperation in your voice." He clapped with a smirk.

"Sorry to burst your little theory, but I wasn't acting. I was telling the truth. I didn't do it, never thought of it." I stared him dead in the eye.

"Good." He smiled cheekily which only made me even more confused.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" I couldn't help but ask rudely. This man just woke me up in the middle of the night and mocked me for telling the truth.

"I apologize." He cleared his throat. "I'm Lee Kevin, private lawyer." 

"Private? My parents sent you?" A flash of hope crossed my mind at the thought of how my parents had faith in me, but it all disappeared when I saw the sad look in his eye.

"No. I just watched you on TV one night and knew that something was wrong. You look too innocent to be convicted of murder, but I knew that wasn't enough so  searched you up." He explained and I was surprisingly calm at the fact that some random person looked through my files containing ever single information about me. "You have the cleanest record I have ever seen. Perfect attendance records, favorite student awards, everything!"

"Where is this conversation leading to?" I sighed and sat back, running a hand through my tangled locks.

"Anyways, I'm here to offer my help. I want to get a nice girl like you out of here. The best I can do for you is reduce your sentence as much as possible or maybe even get you in court to plead against the judge-" He didn't need to finish. I was already jumping off my seat and wrapped my arms around him, squeezing him.

"Thank you so, so, so much!" I squealed as he chuckled. "But there might be a problem." I feigned a sad face.

"Problem? What problem?" His eyes widen and I saw his hand itching for a pen and paper to note anything and everything down. 

"I might not be so innocent anymore ever since I was admitted here." I joked and he sighed in relief. 

"Well, you better try your damn hardest to stay innocent if you want to get out of here." He gave me a hard look and I nodded vigorously. 

"Just one request, though." I bit my lower lip, a new habit of mine. "I... I was hoping you could help out my friend, too. She deserves freedom just as much as I do."

"Uh..." He looked hesitant, but I couldn't just leave Hyoyeon here to rot.

"Please, Kevin, I'm begging you here!" I fell to my knees and he looked frantic.

"Okay, okay! Just get up!" He grabbed my forearms and lifted me up. "I'll see what I can do." He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, you should get some rest. I'll be back in the morning to see you after breakfast."

"Okay." I said breathlessly and kept my smile.

"Not a word to anyone except maybe your friend, alright? Only the people you really trust." He warned and I nodded. I was getting worried that my head might roll off if I kept nodding. I stood on my toes and smacked a big kiss on his cheek before rushing out.

"Thank you, thank you again!" I said while opening the door, but collided with something solid.

Or more like someone.

"What the Hell are you doing..." Lu Han glared. "With him?" 

A/N:

Hi~

I know it takes me decades to update, but I've been focusing on school and my other stories!

I've been getting surges of ideas and I'm positive that I'll be updating soon. Two days at the most :)

Until next time!