Stubborn Selves

Inmate 0205

I applaud those who persevere, but most times, there is a limit. I think perserverance is what I have and what I need to develop while others might as well stop for their sake.


"Is he still out there?" Hyoyeon grumbled while walking out her room with major bed hair. She scratched her hair before yawning and grabbing a cup of water.

"Yup," I sighed heavily while letting go of the curtains, allowing them to fall and shield my view from the idiot outside.

"How long has it been?" She groaned while slumping her body onto the couch and I sat beside her.

"I don't know," I shrugged, staring at the carpet that needed a good cleaning. "A few hours,"

"Dude, did you watch the weather?" Before I could ask what that had to do with anything we were talking about, but she beat me to it. "It's going to rain soon."

Suddenly, both of us received a jolt when thunder struck. I mentally cursed at the sky for not being on my side for once. Hyoyeon shot me an 'I-told-you-so' look. I simply rolled my eyes before getting back up to get to the window. I slowly pulled the curtains back and instantly groaned.

Lu Han, ever since I dodged him and his excuse some time ago, was still in his same position; leaning on the side of his car with him arms crossed and a brute look to his face. The only difference was that drops of rain were starting to cover his clothes. Only a few seconds passed before his entire body was drenched; to the last strand on his head to the soles of his feet. Still, he stayed utterly motionless.

"That's creepy," I mumbled under my breath while turning back to Hyo who was extending an umbrella to me. 

"Go," She rolled her eyes, pushing the umbrella to me. "Before lover boy gets sick and freak out the neighbours."

"I wouldn't mind the first part," I grumbled. "And why should I do it?!" I whined like a child and made it worse by stomping my feet as well as pouting my lips.

"Who is he here for?" She snapped. "Besides, you seem wide awake and I need my sleep unless you want to deal with a grouchy Hyo all day tomorrow-"

"I'm gone!" I exclaimed while rushing out. If anyone in their right mind knew Hyoyeon like I did, then they would know to not mess with her slumber. Morning Hyo was bad already, but tired and grouchy Hyo is another story. 

"Good girl!" She shouted out as I rushed out the door. "And don't get any of the furniture wet!" She added. "This is already going to hell, we don't need anything else to worsen it," I heard her mutter under her breath. 

A line of colourful words escaped my mouth as I took my time down the steps. I barely wanted him anywhere near me and now I have to interact with him. Joy. 

As I stood inside of the lobby of the complex building, I watched as Lu Han took a beating from the wind mixed with the rain. The amazing part was that he didn't move an inch since I last saw him. I heaved one last sigh before pulling the door open. I held back a gasp as the cold gush of wind hit my face. God, I wish I was smart enough to bring a jacket.

While quickly gathering my courage, I opened my umbrella and stalked out, biting down on my lower lip to keep it from quivering. How the hell could he manage this torture? As I pulled my head up, our eyes connected and it immediately made me look away. The closer I got, the faster my heart beat. 

Come on, Yuri; just tell him to go away. You can do it.

The moment I arrived in front of him, I froze and my brain died. Well, . 

"Hey," Was the only thing I came up with. "Uh, you have to leave,"

"Not until we talk," He muttered back and his voice became huskier than I remembered. I think he was getting sick. 

"Well, that's not going to happen so you might as well go..." I trailed off and cast my eyes to the side. This was so awkward not to mention emotionally draining. I could barely look at him without feeling my chest congest, but now I have to talk to him. 

"I'm not leaving until we do," He argued back, his tone eerily calm. 

"Well..." I was internally pleading for my mind to come up with something. Anything. "I-I'm not leaving until you leave."

I'm a .

The corners of his lips curved into a smirk. "Then let's see who'll last the longest. If you win, I'll leave and never come back. But if I win, we get to talk." 

Would it be smart of me to accept this offer?

No,

Did I accept anyways?

Yes,

Being the childish person that I am trapped in my adult woman body, I crossed my arms and tapped my foot which was a good way to hide the fact that I was shivering. The umbrella became useless since the rain was beating me senseless from all sides. I felt the extremities of my body turn numb and I bet that my lips looked blue. 

"You could give in and then we could head back in where it's warm," I heard him mutter which made my gaze snap to him.

"Shut up," I snapped as a shiver ran down my entire body.

"What is so bad about talking to me?" He grumbled and I could hear the annoyance in his voice.

"Everything," I muttered back, not intending for him to hear me.

I think my body was entirely numb now which was a good thing since it helped me not feel the cold, but that also gave me time to think- which was something I didn't want to do. Just having him next to me made all the memories flood through my mind like a rampant river. I quickly shook my head to forget about it, but it felt impossible. 

"What are- HEY!" I exclaimed when I felt someone pulled me out of my thoughts- literally! 

I suddenly found myself flushed against Lu Han which finally erupted the memory bomb. The warmth he emitted made me question if he was even human. I found myself melting under his touch as I exhaled, letting out a contented sigh.

But then I realized who I was pressed against. 

In a flash, I was fighting against his grip until I stumbled free. I was panting. Not because I had low stamina, but because my rapid beating heart gave me troubles breathing correctly. I looked up at him and my gaze instantly hardened.

"What are you trying to do?" I ground out. 

"I-I thought you were cold so-" 

"No! If you thought I was cold then you would have left so this stupid bet would be over and I get to go back inside," I said through gritted teeth. "Don't try to weasel yourself back into my life by using your charms. It worked once, but that's it." I turned my back on him and walked back to the building entrance.

'Don't look back, don't look back,' I told myself while trying to keep my head high. 

But of course, I mostly never listen to my conscious. I craned my neck to the side and took a quick peek. Lu Han was still staring at me intently and I could swear something was burning behind his eyes. Of course, I could be wrong since my wet hair was sticking all over my face. 

Once inside, I let the warmth envelop me, but it barely did anything. I was too distraught to even notice anything, but I did finally notice my tears. I don't know when I started crying, but I could barely notice it because it blended so well with the rain. I sniffled and started making my way back up to my apartment.

Once I was back inside, Hyoyeon was right there waiting for me. "He's still out there, isn't he?" She sighed.

"No," I said lowly. "He should be leaving by now," I grabbed a towel and entered my room to avoid further questioning. 

God, Lu Han, what are you doing to me?

Yet another sleepless night arrived and I could barely wake up in the morning. I dragged myself out of bed to get ready for the day. Thankfully, I didn't have puffy eyes or else it would make it hard to explain to everyone later on.

Once out of my bathroom, I made my way to the kitchen for some coffee, but received a koala hug instead by none other than Hyoyeon. Before I could even ask, she handed me a cup of fresh coffee.

"Uh," I gave her a sceptical look before taking a sip. "Thanks,"

"Look," She sighed and slung her arm around my shoulders. "I'm not always a heartless b*tch." We both scoffed at that. "I've grown a liking to you and I practically see you as a sister so I don't like seeing you cry or anything, okay?" 

"Thanks," I smiled and let out another deep sigh. "Let's get to work,"

Back at the gym, I felt less agitated since I took most of my stress out on the punching bag. In a way, I felt bad for the poor old bag, but punching it was the only thing keeping me sane. Before I could even give one last good punch, someone pulled me back.

"Whoa, what has that bag done to you?" Jong Suk chuckled while clasping his hands in front of my exposed stomach.

I lightly pushed him off. "I'm sweaty," I grumbled while running a towel over my face.

"Here," He took the towel from my hands and started dabbing my face for me. I let him because my arms were sore already and I barely had any energy left. 

Without noticing, Jong Suk moved closer inch by inch until the tips of our noses were touching. I felt his breath hit my face and that's when I decided to react- but my body decided on something else. I remained utterly immobile as I watched him eye my lips.

"Ahem," Someone interrupted. Jong Suk lightly groaned, but replaced it with a smile then looked back to the person at the door.

"Hyo, I told you to go without me-" I choked back my words as I looked at Lu Han dead in the eye. And might I add, he looked majorly pissed.

"Yuri, come with me for a second?" Lu Han asked as politely as he could which I could tell was a great effort form his part. 

"No," I shook my head and started packing my things.

"Just for a quick second," I didn't realize that he was behind me until he held my arm.

"Hey!" Jong Suk intervened as he harshly gripped Lu Han's shoulders to rip him off of me. I bet that only filled him with more anger. I watched as they were just staring at each other, fuming. I had a feeling that a fight was going to break out between them and I'm the only one who can stop them.

"You guys are childish," I groaned loudly and pulled them apart before grabbing Lu Han by the shirt, promptly dragging him out of the room. "Stop smirking, you didn't win anything yet," I ground out. I saw his reflection in front of me as well as a fuming Jong Suk.

"I'm getting alone time with you, aren't I?" He chuckled. "That's a win for me," I don't know if I should be flattered for the compliment or down right pissed because he had a point. I pulled him all the way to the entrance of the gym.

"Leave." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Have dinner with me," He shot back.

"No," I felt proud of myself for standing up to him. 

"Please," He begged and I raised a brow which meant that my mind hasn't changed. "What will it take to make you go have dinner with me?" 

"Nothing would do the trick," I suggested before pushing him out. I was just about to shut the door until he stopped it with his foot.

"But I'm willing to do everything," He said fiercely which did stun me for a few seconds. "Even jam my foot in a closing door," He muttered, a hint of pain added to his usual low tone. 

"Just..." It hurt to say this. "Give up, Lu Han, we're over," 

"But-"

"Enough!" I exclaimed, no longer able to take all the stress that he's bringing on me. 

"I don't believe we're over," He shook his head. 

"Well believe it, buddy, because you were the one who ended it," I snapped and I could see the guilt wash over him. "Remember? You, Yoon Ji, a desk-"

"I KNOW!" He shouted which made me jump back from fright. 

As I was going to slam the door in his face, but he always had the upper hand; he was always stronger and faster than me. He grabbed my wrists and pinned them to my sides, and pressed my body between me and the wall to prevent me from squirming.

"Well someone's good at restraining," I remarked, a full scowl on my face.

"It is my career," He smiled cheekily, but it soon fell and was replaced with a sigh. "I don't want to force you into talking to me again, but I'm desperate. I need to apologize and most importantly explain." His face was so close that I'm betting all my money he could hear my heart pounding against my chest. "Please-"

"Okay, that's enough," Jong Suk surged from nowhere and pulled Lu Han off of me. And this time, he didn't fight back. All he did was stare at me intently which made me want to shrivel up or bury myself underground. "Are you okay?" Jong Suk asked me and I nodded without taking my eyes off of him. "Come on, I'm taking you home," 

The walk home was depressing and even Jong Suk couldn't lift my mood. My mind was still racing about my latest encounter with Lu Han and was still deciding if I was going to see him again or not. Jong Suk held me closely and I didn't bother to push him off. I needed to think of something else other than 'he-who-shall-not-be-named'

"Who was he?" Jong Suk finally brought me out of my thoughts and my head snapped to him.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"That guy," He said with a hint of distaste. Was it weird of me to want to yell at him for speaking about Lu Han that way? It probably is so I didn't do it. 

"Just... Someone," I sighed and he caught the hint that I didn't want to talk about it anymore.

"So," He dragged on. "I was checking out some placed lately and I found this really great restaurant-"

"I'm sorry, Jong Suk, I'm really tired today," I made up an excuse and he was understanding.

"Of course, get some rest and I'll see you soon," He pecked my forehead and I simply smiled as he parted. My smile soon faded when I realized how his touch and kisses don't have any effect on me.

Unlike someone I know.

A/N:

Another update for you guys! :)

So how is this chapter? Leave a comment to let me know!

Any other stories you want me to update?