Haunting Thoughts

Inmate 0205

[WARNING]: Mention of drugs and other things. 

Anger was never a problem with me. I've never had a reason to be mad since I did live a somewhat pampered life. We had food on the table for breakfast, lunch and dinner; I had a roof over my head, a soft bed to sleep on and enough money to sustain myself for years to come.

My mom would brag to the other parents how I was never a bratty child and always listened to my parents just to see the other mother's reaction. My mother would feel on top of the world and I was always happy that I was the reason for it. 

Although, now, I don't think she's so proud of me.


"Yuri... Miss Kwon?" 

"KWON YURI." A loud slamming of a wooden hammer echoed through the mildly filled room, making me gasp before snapping my head up to see an irritated judge. He cleared his throat and started speaking again, but I couldn't hear anything as if someone had muted him. I watched blankly as his lips started moving, making me shiver in disgust when a few small spit balls managed to escape.

My mind wandered again, this time, starting with the subject of lips. I could still remember Lu Han's warm ones on mine, moving perfectly against mine as our bodies created friction against each other. I distinctly recall me calling out his name, fuelling his confidence to keep roaming his lips anywhere he could. I can still hear him calling out my name when I pleased him enough- although we've never gone past making out. 

Nonetheless, our heated lip locking sessions were enough to make me go wild and it satisfied me immensely. I guess it didn't please him enough that it caused him to run after Yoon Ji, the one person I considered as a friend in a place where the devil created himself. I scowled as my thoughts turned darker.

A possessive, crazy girlfriend side of me started emerging as I imagined the looked on her purple face when we see again with my hands tightly wrapped around her neck. Of course, I would never actually cause physical harm to her or any harm to anyone, but a girl can dream though. 

Lu Han was a different story.

I'm still a bit frazzled- scratch that, I'm more than furious against him for what he did to me. I wouldn't even fathom the thought of me forgiving him or him even apologizing. Whatever excuse he had was completely irrelevant and invalid to me considering the fact that he did catch me catching him cheating on me, but didn't even stop, he still continued to kiss that backstabbing, lying little-

"Yuri." My entire frame was shook violently, making me snap back to reality. Thank God. I hated those dark thoughts invading my mind anyways.

"What?" I asked, my voice coming out in a whisper as I looked up at Hyoyeon. I then glanced around us and saw the court room to be completely empty except a few guards who stood by the door, waiting for us to take our leave.

"You're really spacing out. It's actually getting a bit creepy." She cringed away in a joking matter. "But I still love you." She smiled widely, showing her perfect rows of white, straight teeth for once instead of a scowl.

"What?" I asked again. I left earth a few minutes or hours ago so I have no idea what the hell happened.

"You did it, Kevin did it! We're free!" She jumped giddily hugging me in a death trap. A small smile crept on my lips and it broadened with every second that passed.

Freedom.

I'm finally free and so is Hyo.

"We're free!" I repeated, slightly louder. I got to my feet and we hugged it out, laughing wildly like teenage girls while spinning in circles. 

"Ahem." The guard coughed and we finally settled down, running out the doors, more than ready to move on with our lives.

But then it hit me.

All the pain I've experienced and forgotten for merely a few minutes. I would have loved to continue on with Lu Han, develop more emotions for him and further elongate our relationship, but I guess he had other plans. Plans concerning Yoon Ji, no doubt.

"Hey, are you okay?" Hyoyeon looked at me with so much worry that it was almost impossible to think that, back when I first met her, I would've called her a complete and total b*tch. I knew I couldn't lie to her, we've been through more than what I've been through with my own family and that says a lot.

"Lu Han." Was all I needed to say for her to understand. How she knew what he had done or how I felt, I had no idea. She just instantly knew.

"I knew it." She whispered harshly.

"What?" For the nth time that day, I sad stupidly the same word that seemed to be the only thing I knew how to say.

"A few hours before court started, I saw Lu Han pulling Yoon Ji into his office." She spilled, barely looking sorry which I found kind of weird, but shrugged it off.

"I can't believe I... I liked him." I grumbled miserably, feeling some tears on the brink of falling.

"Hey, stop with the water works. Let's just get our sh*t from the jail and get the out. I just want to erase my name from that damn inmate list." She sighed, patted my back. Even throughout the strings of curse words and threats, she still shows that soft side to me which I am grateful for.

"As quickly as possible." I added.

While in the car that was supposed to bring us to the prison and then back to the apartment Kevin got us, Hyoyeon filled me in since she was on the edge of her seat, listening intently to everything they were saying in court. I couldn't help but let the memories of that night fill my mind.

Word got around that there was some 'awesome' party happening near a lake house and all my friends were excited to go. However, they just couldn't look past the fact that I didn't want to go and wanted nothing to do with a place where the quantity of alcohol and drugs were highly concentrated. I wanted to finish my medical studies and finally get my chance to become a doctor. It was my parents' dream job for me and I was close to getting it for them.

"Come on, just for a few hours and you can get back to your nerd books." My friend, Tiffany, cooed, tugging on my arm while the others rummaged through my closet.

"No." I said for the millionth time. "I have an exam tomorrow and I need to cram every detail I can fit inside my brain." I sighed back in my chair.

"It's just one night, Yul. Besides, we all know you're going to ace that exam no matter what." Jessica rolled her eyes, lying lazily on her bed while typing away at her phone. 

"You need a break. Working too much will cause major stress on your brain and that wouldn't help now would it?" Sunny stated, pulling out a cute strapless summer dress from deep within the mountains of clothes that was my closet.

"Neither would alcohol and drugs." I scoffed, tapping my foot. "Do you know what the effects of those-"

"Enough with the nerd talk!" Yoona groaned loudly, covering her ears. "Look, Yul, you've been studying non-stop for months and we never had any time to hang out. Just this one time and we'll let you study 'til you drop dead." She joked.

I sighed, thinking. She's right. I have been somewhat neglecting my friends and ignoring their invites to parties or small get-togethers between us. I missed those fun times. Soon enough, guilt started gnawing at me and I reluctantly nodded, making them all squeal with delight before pushing me in the bathroom to get ready.

Very few words could describe what I saw at the party which was everything that I expected. Once we arrived, we all split up which made me roll my eyes. Some danced with other already-drunk-beyond-recognition people while others immediately made their way for a drink. 

It was basically impossible for me to ignore the alcohol since it was shoved in my face every three seconds so I did drink a few cups. I honestly thought that my body and mind could resist the effects of the alcohol, but I was just as bad as Yoona. Thankfully, not too bad. 

After my, I assume, 6th red plastic cup of beer, I made my way to the bathrooms which was basically a porta-potty. I would've cringed at the thought of even touching anything like that, but the drinks made the stick up my loosen. Plus I really needed to pee.

The stench of weed stung my nostrils as I placed the sleeve of my leather jacket over it, blocking the horrible scent. People here were literally out of their minds in more ways than one. This whole party was an entire mistake magnet, influencing people to do things against their better judgement. Among them was me.

As I passed a few couples eating at each other's faces, I made sure to keep my pace quick since I had absolutely no intention of seeing what they were going to do next.

"Come here, girly."

"Hey, wanna join me and my girlfriend? It's going to be hot."

"Just one puff."

They all cooed and I simply shook my head. I would've had a much worse reaction without all the alcohol in my system. I needed to release it and soon. To say the least, I hovered over the bowl before quickly rushing out. My head was starting to spin and I felt sick already. I was keeping an eye out for my friends, hoping they were still in their right mind to take me home.

But when I got out, the back part of the lake house was empty. I frowned, wondering where all the partyers went. I shrugged and continued walking until the strap of my boot got caught on a branch. I fell over face first and my hand landed on something sticky and cold. I looked down at it, furrowing my brows until a light was shone on me and that's when I saw it.

A bloody gun, and just up ahead, a dead body with its bullet buried in the guys' chest. 

Before I could even scream in horror, things went down. The next thing I knew, I was taking my mug shot. 

"Helloooo?" Hyoyeon drawed out, catching my attention. "Were you even listening to me?"

"Yeah, I-I was." I cleared my throat, pushing those horrid images back into the depths of my mind.  "Keep going."

"Like I was saying..." She eyed me curiously. "Kevin found proof that you were there at the scene of the crime at the wrong moment. You barely had any blood on you except for your hand. Plus there was a trail of blood leading elsewhere that the police over looked in the report."

"So..."

"This means you're not guilty." She said slowly as if I was the world's slowest person. "And..." She smirked amusingly.

"And what?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"You get to continue your medical studies." She stated, staring at me, surely expecting a huge reaction, but I disappointed her by sitting quietly, biting my lower lip. "And I'm guessing you don't want to?"

I honestly had no clue anymore. The whole idea of me even going to medical school to become a doctor was all my parent's plan for my future, not mine. It was their dream that they upon me ever since I was able to speak. If someone were to ask me what I wanted to be, now, I would have no clue. 

"It was never my idea of being a doctor." I mumbled, staring out the window. "I don't even know what I want to be."

"Didn't you tell me once that you were a pretty decent dancer? Maybe you could be my assistant." Hyo suggested.

"Maybe, but we do need to work a few jobs to save up before getting you your studio." I stated and she nodded, seeming to be deep in thought as we approached the place that was once my supposed 'home'. 

As we pulled up, I got out nervously and I had no idea why. Maybe because there was a high chance that I might see three of the worst people to have ever entered my life. Hyoyeon seemed confident as she strutted through the doors and I jogged behind to catch up.

"I can't wait to say goodbye." She snickered and I rolled my eyes, asking for the few things I called 'mine' during my stay here. 

Just as we turned around to leave, one of the people I despise was right behind us, snickering and smirking as if he had won, not the other way around. I wasn't afraid of him anymore, knowing that he no longer had any sort of power over me.

"Leaving without saying any last goodbyes, ladies?" Officer A.Hole smiled crookedly at us, mostly me.

" off." Surprisingly, it wasn't Hyo who said that. It was me.

"Confident, eh? Maybe I haven't- OUF!" He cried out in pain, grabbing his family jewels before crumbling on the ground. He muttered curse after curse and I would have loved to shove down a bar of soap down his throat. 

Call me violent, but hey, prison changes you.

I quickly walked off with Hyoyeon running behind, trying to cover her laughter. "You know, he could file something against you for abuse." She joked.

"No one saw." I shrugged her off, too proud of myself to care.

"I did." I froze upon hearing that voice, his voice. Yet another person I dreaded to see.

I hated the fact that he dared to even try to speak to me after what he did let alone be in the same room as me and expect me not to jump at his throat. I scowled, each one of my features twisting in distaste and hatred as he stared down at the ground, guilty. Good. 

"Can I talk to you?" He eyed Hyoyeon. "Alone?"

"N-"

"Give me your things." She commanded, simply taking my box away while I tried protesting but she kept shushing me. "You'll probably thank me for this." She whispered, giving Lu Han one last nod before leaving. I groaned internally at her. Who in God's name would so something like that and expect me to thank her right after? I must be crazy for agreeing to live with her for who knows how long. That girl is lucky that I call her my best friend.

"So, uh..." He cleared his throat and I got more irritated. "I'm sorry-"

"Is that it?" I cut him off, knowing where this was all leading to. He looked back at me, stunned by my sudden harsh interruption. "Is this really your lame attempt at apologising to me? After what you did?!" I screeched, not caring is gazes were suddenly drawn to me.

"Yuri-"

"No." I scoffed. "Don't try to sweet talk me with whatever bullsh*t comes out of that dirty mouth of yours because I don't want to hear anything! You don't want to hurt me, eh? Want to protect me?" I threw his words right back at him and it was evident that it had an effect on him. Tears were already pouring and it was too late to even try stopping them. "Well then help me protect the small, insignificant pieces of my heart and emotions by staying the hell away." 

"Please let me explain-" He reached for my hands, but I was quicker than that, even though my vision was blinded by my tears.

"Don't! I don't need to hear it." I said harshly. God, I hated myself so much when I cried. I thought that being in prison would help me harden myself from showing my weakness, but it's like Lu Han just came and destroyed the little process I had. "You had your chance to explain when you were practically humping Yoon Ji, but no, you just looked at me like I didn't matter anymore and kept ing her!" I shouted and he was literally about to pull his hair out.

"I- I can-"

"Save it!" I screamed for the umpteenth time today. "I can't believe that I had thoughts of having a future with a rotten-good-for-nothing manwh*re like you!" I composed myself, taking quick but deep breaths before saying my last words to him. 

"I'm done here and with you."

A/N:

Made it extra-long for my extra-long absence D:

Leave a comment about what you thought about this chapter, your reaction and all. The feedback helps me improve in future chapters :)

So, just a few questions if you don't mind (answer if you want to);

a) How many chapters would you like this story to have?

b) What do you expect from this story?

c) Happy or sad ending?