Owned

Inmate 0205

Never once did I ever get into any kind of trouble- well, before I was framed and brought to jail. The idea of defying anyone higher than me in the social status made me cringe and I would always scowl at those who acted up. 

But I do not feel disgusted with myself for being in jail because it is not my fault and I intend on proving my innocence no matter who I need to trample over or whatnot.


"You can't... Do this!" I squirmed in every direction to get away from him, but his monster grip was preventing me.

I then decided to do something completely opposite of what I would always do; I kicked his shin with all my might which left him groveling in pain as I ran away. He called my name- not my number- but I just kept running, ignoring all the possible consequences I might and will face is I do keep my pace. 

Of course, that's what I would've done, but I'm not in my element and I can't just do whatever I want. I silently followed behind as he continued to hold my wrist. He also didn't say anything, but I bet he's seething with anger from our little conversation earlier. If I had known that I would've ended up like this, I would've just kept my damn mouth shut. 

The filter that I've built in my mind to prevent me from saying or doing anything stupid was slowly deteriorating the longer I stay in jail. I'm starting to develop bad habits that I need to get rid of, but I don't want to make myself look like a weakling- or as Hyo likes to say; a little . 

I was cut off from my thoughts when I felt a hard tug on my arm. I looked and saw Lu Han gesturing me to go into this sort of office. I sent him a dirty look, having a bad feeling of what might happen next, before heading in. I made sure to keep an eye on him the whole time and he simply closed the door, leaned on what I think is his desk and stared at me.

"What?" I glared.

"Well, you said you wanted to take a shower." He smirked, making me want to slap it off his face.

"No , but who's the genius that dragged me away?" I scoffed, shifting in my spot.

"Excuse me? I'm the genius that saved you from getting your ity stolen." He chuckled, throwing some towels at me which made me realize that I dropped all my stuff back there. "A thank you would be nice."

"Thank you." I muttered as low as I possibly could. I may have a lot of pride, but I'm not impolite.

"You're very welcome. Now, my shower is on your right." He pointed which made me narrow my eyes at him, causing him to raise his hands in surrender. "I'm seriously offering you a safe shower. I don't want anything in return."

"Why?" I furrowed my brows even more. "Why are you being so nice? I thought you were this cold guard who speaks when spoken to."

"Well, I'm not going to offer hugs to every single person I see." He chuckled. "I give trust and respect to those who deserve it."

"Then why me?" I furrowed my brows even more. "I'm constantly picking a fight with you and rude, and-"

"You weren't like that in the beginning." He looked down at his feet, smiling somewhat bitterly.

"What-"

"You better start showering before the next inspection." Lu Han advised, a friendly smile growing on his lips.

"Alright." I whispered and walked to the bathroom.

As the warm water trickled down my body, it calmed me enough to let me get my thoughts in check. I felt guilty for being so mean to him after he's showing me more kindness than I ever expected in a place like this, but that just doesn't excuse what he did to me in the cafeteria. I get shivers every time I think of it. But then again, I wonder why he didn't... Do anything. I mean, he got the chance to, but didn't- not like I want him to do anything to me.

When I felt the water finally turn cold, I jumped out and slipped into my orange jumpsuit that hugged my body, raising the risk of getting harassed at any second. Sadly, it was the only thing in my size, even though it barely kept the warmth on my body. I stepped out of the bathroom and Lu Han hopped up from his seat.

"Hey, how was the shower?" He asked, sounding like a lost puppy. It was like he wanted to be my friend.

"How much time until the next inspection?" I asked casually, purposely ignoring his awkward question. How can I reply to that kind of question?- Yeah, I liked the way the water felt on my bare skin. 

"Uh, half an hour. Why?" He checked his watch. 

"I don't know if I'm allowed, but..." I chewed my inner cheek as he stared at me curiously, eager to hear what I had to say. "Can I stay here? I really don't want to go out there."

As much as I don't trust Lu Han with even the littlest things, I would rather be in the same small room with him instead of being out in the open with crazy women and even crazier guards. I saw Lu Han shift uncomfortably in his spot, contemplating hard about  my question.

"Actually, never mind, I think Hyo- inmate 3022 wanted to talk to me about something." I pushed my damp hair out of my face and held the doorknob, but he gripped my wrist gently.

"It's alright. I don't mind." He smiled and brought me back to the chair in front of his desk.

"So..." I dragged out. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to ask him because this is my chance. "About what you said before I took my shower-"

"Oh." He cut me off, looking around for something to distract him. 

"What did you mean? I wasn't like that in the beginning?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"When I first saw you, you looked so vulnerable and innocent, but I didn't bring myself to trust you yet." The words vulnerable and innocent made me cringe a little. If I was that obvious than it was a sure thing I won't make it through my sentence here. "Our first encounter was... different."

"Different? How?" 

"An inmate has never cried so easily before." He chuckled as a deep blush crept onto my cheeks. I rubbed furiously to get it off, but that just made him notice that I actually blushed and made him laugh a little more.

"Shut up." I muttered, trying hard to sound tough.

"That's when I knew you were this fragile girl who needed someone to trust and cling on to." I lightly scoffed at his choice of words, but didn't say anything. "But I have to say that I did not regret losing whatever we had between each other at the cafeteria." Now, his words made me scowl at him. 

"Why the hell not?" I snapped which made him rake a hand through his hair. "Was making me cry again not enough to make you feel bad? Or did you just regret not taking me then and there?" I stood up from my chair.

No matter how much I hated being out and about in this prison, it was seeming more and more better than being in here with Officer Lu Han. Even his name started disgusting me. Before I could make a break for it, he clamped down on my hands and pulled me back, pinning me against the chair.

"You bastard!" I spat and almost kicked his precious part, but stupidly missed which made him resort in pressing his body on mine. "Get off!"

"Listen to me!" His voice bounced off the walls, making me instantly flinch and quiver under him. "I don't regret it, because my intentions were in the right place." He quickly continued before I could throw any profanities at him. "You didn't see that I had an ear piece and I heard another guard on his way to where we were. I heard him, I heard every word coming from that bastard."

I widened my eyes when he cussed. I've never heard him which was surprise considering the fact that he was surrounded by swears and brutality. When Lu Han finally realized that I won't move anymore, he moved away, crouching down next to me to keep our eye contact.

"He... Wanted something from you and he was planning on getting it. I made it clear that you were not to be touched by anyone-" 

"Oh." I stared down at my entwined hands.

"But me." I felt like I became deaf for a moment as my head snapped up to stare at him confusingly. He got up and pulled a chair next to mine.

"You need to know something about the guards." He cleared his throat. "We have created this system where each guard is in charge of a groupe of inmates in every way possible. He selects those he wants."

"What?" I felt like my eyes will pop out of their socket from all the confusion. "In every way possible? Those he wants?" I quoted him.

"Not all women here are chosen. Though, if one of the guards chooses you then it's like he claimed you. No other guard will approach you or try to make a move on you." He sighed, and continued. "I know, women are not objects, but what can you do with ually frustrated men in a vicinity full of women?"

"That's disgusting!" I fake gagged. "Please don't tell me I'm not one of the guard's toy."

"Uh..." He chuckled nervously. "Like I said, you are not to be touched by anyone but me." 

It's like everything clicked in my mind. That's why I've been noticing some inmates being handled by the same guard or when some of them go missing for a few hours before coming back with bad hair. None of them looked ashamed, though which is probably why I never suspected anything. I wonder if Hyoyeon-

"What are you going to do with me?" I whimpered, feeling everything that Hyoyeon taught me about being cold and distant fade away. 

"Don't worry. Think of me as someone on your side." He lightly patted my shoulder. I felt disgusted with the thought of being owned by someone else I barely know. "This may sound like something out of a bad romance movie, I will protect you and not let you get hurt." 

I saw something glint in his eyes which made me move on impulse. It was this warmth that I would see in my dad's eyes before he tucked his little princess in bed at night, the softness that I would see in my mother's eyes when I would twirl for her in the dresses she bought for me.

But then I remembered that all of that was in the past.

My parents don't think of me as their little princess, their precious little baby, their beautiful little girl. In their eyes, I was this monster that ripped that innocent little girl into shreds and tore the family apart. I missed that nostalgic feeling ever since I was pushed into a police car on that dreadful night.

Hugging Lu Han brought all of that back.

When I felt his arms snake around my waist, enveloping me in his embrace, I did feel safe to a certain extent, but I knew better. I will definitely not trust him that easily- not because of what happened, but because I just can't let my walls down so easily in a place like this. Like he said, I am a vulnerable and weak girl, but I was hiding it all behind a tough, cracking exterior.

"Thank you." I whispered and pulled back, more than embarrassed at my sudden action.

"But there are some conditions." His voice became stern and serious again. "We can't act all buddy-buddy in front of the others. You have to keep acting like you hate my guts or something."

"Then what's the whole point of being friends?" I asked bluntly and saw that flash of hurt in his eyes.

"It's just a rule the guards established. We have to keep everything on the down low between us." I giggled, making him furrow his brows at me. The way he spoke, it was like he was add ressing us as a couple and I somehow found that amusing. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, I got it." I kept a low giggle going and the more I stared at him the more I laughed.

"You're weird." He started chuckling, too.

"Attention all inmates, you must all be in your cells and ready for inspection." 

"Well, I guess I'll get going." I returned to my cold front, but was still laughing on the inside.

"Oh, okay. I'll accompany you." Lu Han was clearly caught off guard at my sudden change in attitude. 

"You better keep your distance from me, jackass." I growled, taking the lead as he trailed behind, trying to decipher what was going on.

As we approached my cell, I sent him one last glare which made him furrow his brows at me, looking a bit frustrated. Since Hyoyeon wasn't here and no one else was around us, I leaned on the bars and giggled, making him whip himself back to look at me. He stuttered to find the right words.

"You said to keep up the act, right?"

A/N:

I feel like I just lost control of Yuri's emotions here :') So sorry if it's a bit confusing...

Anyways, I with author's notes so I'm going to end it here.

 Comments, upvotes and subscribers are much appreciated! :D

Bye!