A Little Peck

Inmate 0205

Making new friends is always something I hold deeply in my heart, because those who I choose to be close to understand the degree of my innocence and won't take advantage of that. In here, in this rotten place where they send the people society doesn't want to handle themselves, I only have three friends and I plan to keep it that way.

I can't trust anyone anymore.


"Go fish."

"Damn it."

Luhan and I both sat on the ground of his office with cards sprawled in front of us.  I, of course, was winning at the game, but I gave up halfway through the game and was giving him a chance to almost win. 

"Do you have any... 3's?" I asked, even though I knew he didn't have any.

"Nope. Go fish!" He seemed all excited and I picked up a card. I guess he noticed my bored expression and realized my plan. "You're lettng me win, aren't you."

"Maybe..." I teased, giggling when he went to tackle me. "Okay! Fine, but only because you were losing big time."

"I was not." He defended, scoffing at the same time. I laid down all my cards and show him that, in fact, I was whooping his in 'Go Fish'. "You cheated." He muttered under his breath.

"I'm bored." I whined and went over to sit on his chair that was in front of his desk. I placed my feet up on the hardwood table and played with the tips of my hair. "How much time do I have left?"

"Around 15 minutes." He trudged around and sat on the desk. "Do you want to..." He stared down at his lap as a small tinge of pink started appearing on his cheeks.

"Do what?" I laughed a little, leaning in his chair to get a better glimps of his cheeks. "Are you blushing? What the hell are you thinking about?" I kept laughing.

"Nothing." He cleared his throat. We stayed silent for what seems to be a long time which was unusual since we both somewhow manage to keep a conversation alive for as long as hours. "Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Go for it." I jumped up and sat on th desk next to him. I felt his body tense.

"When your sentence here is over, what will you do?" He was dead serious which made me wonder why he decided to bring it up. 

"I-I don't know." I said honestly. "I want to go to medical school, but I don't know if anyone wants to be treated by an ex-con."

"What about me?" He asked quietly. "I mean us. You know, Hyoyeon..."

"It would be nice to keep in touch with you guys. From what I know, Hyoyeon and I will be released near the same tme." I shrugged my shoulders and stared blankly at the ground. "What will you do while I'm gone? For all I know, I'm the only one keeping you sane." I joked and lightly punched his shoulders where he suddenly grabbed my hand.

"More than that." He sighed and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Um, how so?" I slowly retracted my hand.

"You're really someone I care about and I'm very attached to you." He pulled my body towards his and I just froze as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Uh... I'm glad to have you, too." I tapped his back lightly before wrapping them. 

"Alright, it's time to go." He nudged me and both got up.

When nearing my cell, I looked around and turned to Luhan who stared at me curiously. I sent him a soft smile and stood on my toes. I instantly saw his eyes widen and then flutter close. I let out a light giggle as I held his face and turned it to the side, planting a quick peck on his cheek.

"Thank you for everything, Luhan." I lightly tapped his cheek and walked into my cell.

When  laid on my bed, he was still standing there but eventually left. I swear I saw the biggest grin on his face. I laughed to myself, but quietly while waiting for Hyo to come back from wherever she was. Suddenly, I heard a loud cackle which almost made me fall from my bed.

"Oh my God! I would have never guessed!" Hyoyeon rolled around her bed, holding her stomach. "You and-"

"Shut up!" I hissed and clamped my hand over , but she still laughed.