A Slip of the Tongue

Inmate 0205

My mother always warned me about trust, how and when to apply it. My father warned me about the dangers of meeting new people. But now, they're not here and I feel like everything I learned from them were thrown through the window. I'm always lost and my mind is wandering around, trying to find someone or something to cling onto. 

I guess I'm suffering from the consequences now. 


"How is it so far? It's been a week since you've been here, right?" Yoon Ji asked, leaning back in her chair while sipping on her coffee.

"Mentally, physically and emotionally tiring." I sighed.

"Understandable." She nodded. "I was on the brink of pulling my hair out after my first session with an inmate."

"It was that bad?" I chuckled, blowing the steam off the top of my coffee she gave me.

"You wouldn't believe the reasons why people get sent here." She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

It was actually really nice to have someone to talk to other than Hyoyeon. Yoon Ji may be older than me, but it felt like she understood me well enough to be my age. I was thankful for her presence and enjoyed our sessions, even though she really has other things to attend to.

"How's... Officer Lu Han?" She asked carefully, eyeing me. I spaced out for a second, trying not to let the anger boil. I took a deep breath before replying.

"I wouldn't know." I muttered.

"Please, I watched the surveillance cameras. You guys seemed to be friends." She chuckled lightly, tapping on her computer keyboard.

'Did you watch it until the end?' The question resonated in my mind.

Suddenly, a small beeping sound caught both our attentions as Yoon Ji got up to close it. It meant that my time with her was over and we hugged before waiting for a guard to pick me up. I waved at her before walking down the cold hallways.

"How was your session?" Hyo asked, reading yet another magazine that she somehow finds around this prison.

"Fine." I sighed. "I got coffee this time." 

Ever since I told Hyoyeon about my deal with Yoon Ji, she's been pretty jealous since she's literally stuck to rot in our cell until it's either free time or time to eat. Other than that, she's glad that I had an outlet to vent myself instead of letting my mentality deteriorate. 

"Lucky, ." She scoffed, but an amused smile on her lips. "And you didn't think about bringing me one?" She joked since we both know that if I have anything remotely hot, pointy, sharp or dangerous- to the officers' eyes, I'll get sentenced to the Hell Hole.

"Anything happen while I was gone?" I asked casually, looking at the time before gathering up my courage to take a shower.

"Guess who came by to see if you were here?" She smirked, rolling to her stomach on her bed. I raised a questioning brow. "Officer Lu Han." I forced every fiber of my body not to scowl at the thought of him or the mention of his name.

"What did he want?" I spat, grabbing a towel.

"He just asked me where you were." She said, biting her lower lip which meant that she was hiding something. The devilish grin behind her sweet and innocent facade could fool no one.

"Spill." I slightly glared, not sure if I was ready to hear what she had to say next.

"I said..." She took her sweet time. "I told him that you were with Dr.Yoon Ji."

"What else, Hyo?" I tapped my foot impatiently while placing my hands on my hips.

"I just told him that you were probably looking for some better looking guy to ." She laughed as I lunged at her.

"What the hell?!" I shouted. "Why would you say that?"

"Don't get your in a-"

"Who's ?" A creepy yet recognizable voice asked from behind and I was intent on not looking back. "Sorry, to interrupt. Please, continue your cat fight." I could just sense him groping me with his lustful eyes and I fought the urge to punch him no matter how incapable I am to even hurt a fly.

"Sir, a fight broke out at the basketball court." Another officer ran up to him.

"Damn these ladies and their menstrual cycle." A.Hole grumbled and ran away.

"You try bleeding from your every month." Hyoyeon mumbled, scowling at his fading figure before I saw a glint of excitement in her eyes. She looked back at me and I began feeling nervous. "Look who's here, number 0205." I cringed at my number, but still turned around.

"!" I shouted when our eyes made contact. I could tell that both Hyoyeon and Lu Han were surprised at my outburst, but it just naturally came out. "What do you need, Officer?" I asked, not even trying to mask my look of disgust at him.

"I just wondered if you needed me to take you to the shower." He said, his eyes cold and dark as always as he scans the towels and clean uniform in my hands.

"I can manage. Besides, shouldn't you be going to the basketball court? You know, to help your... Kind." I glared him from head to toe, judging every aspect of the bastard. I could hear Hyoyeon trying to muffle her laughs as she continued to listen to our conversation. He stared at me for a few seconds as I tried to read his expression, but he shook his head and walked away.

"Holy crap! I wish I filmed that." She wiped a small tear that formed during her laugh fest. "But I still don't understand why he didn't just bust into the cell and freaking beat you or something."

"Not my problem. Anyways, I'm going to take a shower. I smell horrible." I took a whiff of my arm and frowned.

"Well,  it's not like the soap here will fix it." She scoffed.

"Then how do you get remotely clean here?" 

"Take the one of the officers' shampoo. They sometimes stay here overnight so they keep some stuff here." Hyoyeon shrugged, but then quickly added. "Sadly, I ran out. Unless you want to ask a certain officer for some. He'll surely give you some." We both rolled our eyes at the same time.

"No thanks. I would rather drop the soap in the shower than ask him for any favors." I muttered bitterly before exiting the cell.

"Be careful of what you wish for!" She warned.

"My hands are capable of holding some god damn soap." I mumbled to myself while glaring down at my hands.

The walk to the showers took longer than I expected, but that was understandable since, as sad as it sounds, I haven't showered very often. That's why I'm kinda desperate to take one. I eventually found the shower room and it was no surprise that there were already women in there, but I pretended that they weren't and tried to stay under their radar. 

Just as I was about to take my shower somewhere in the corner of the shower room, I freaking dropped the soap. Like as is a magical or possessed gush of wind blew it out of the palm of my hands. I quickly bent over and picked it up, but froze when I felt hands on my hips. I jumped forward, putting as much distance between me and the person.

"Hello, honey thighs." Another female inmate, looking more manly than the guards here combined, her lips and stared down my body which was thankfully wrapped in a towel.

Without even saying anything, I rushed out, but was almost immediately caught by a guard. The inmate was not far behind me, but she also stopped when the guard glared down at her which caused her to go back the other way. I sighed a bit in relief and then became very tense when I finally realized who I was standing next to.

"I guess it's not just my kind that needs help." Lu Han remarked in a witty tone while teasing me with a smirk.

"Whatever." I pushed him aside and decided to just forget about the shower and walk back to my cell.

"But don't you need to take a shower? Smells like you really need it." He chuckled lightly.

"And get my ity stolen? No thanks." I muttered unintentionally. Is it a good thing that people in here know I'm a or bad? In a way, it makes me look too innocent to be in here, but I guess it makes me more vulnerable to get deflowered. "Just forget I said anything."

"Come on." He grabbed my wrist which made me panic. I squirmed in every direction, but he wouldn't let go and it's not like anyone around us would help me since he's a guard doing his job. I was scared of what was going to happen next because this man is more than unpredictable, worse than bipolar.

I think I might be in big trouble, right now.

A/N:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I wish I could've written a longer chapter, but I felt that it was appropriate to stop it here :)

I hope you guys are having a wonderful holiday!

I, for one, am suffering from laryngitis which is when you lose your voice. So, yeah, I'm going to be the awkward one at the family gathering having nothing but the sound of air escaping my throat to replace my laughter. 

Enough with the pity talk... Anyways, I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year's! :D