Lingering Emotions

Inmate 0205

My expectations are too high. I thought- well, I believed that everything would be fine outside those cement walls filled with corrupted people. But only one step outside made me realize how those people who I've shared the same facility with were not monsters, they were far from it. The people outside, however, they were the ones that are horryfiying.

They are all hungry for money.

Word about my release spread faster that wildfire on a windy day. Reporters and others holding cameras stuck their devices in my face, asking degrading questions about anything and everything they could make money out of. I was thankful enough that Hyoyeon's larger than life attitude was there to help me out.

This taste of freedom was starting to turn bitter.


Sweet kisses were trailed down my neck, closing in on my heaving chest. I gripped his hair tightly, panting as if I ran a marathon. He his lips before bringing them back up to smolder my lips, encasing them in heat. I pulled his face as close as possible and kissed him with every last drop of passion in my soul. 

I felt something cold splash on my face which left me gasping for air while wiping my face. I turned my glare to Hyoyeon who held a smug and an empty basket. I instantly knew why she did what she did so I just fell back into my damp bed and sighed.

"I did it again, didn't I?" I already knew the answer, but decided to ask anyway.

"Yup." She popped the 'p'. 

"Fifth time this week." I mumbled under my breath and threw my covers off and ran a hand over my face to remove the excess water. 

It's been a total of 5 days since I've been released and I thought that I would be free from everything I was tied to in that prison, but I was way wrong. All my problems followed me on my way out and refuse to leave me. The times I spent with Lu Han kept weaseling their way into my mind and forced their way into my dreams. Hyoyeon was notified of these and were told to wake up as soon as possible which she hasn't failed to do yet.

Today, with the help of Kevin, Hyoyeon and I have received a full time job at a training/fitness center as trainers. It wasn't our ideal job, but we took what we could get. Besides, the month was coming close to an end and the bills will come pilling in soon enough. 

I didn't bother to take a shower today since I'll only sweat throughout the day and pulled my brushed hair into a poneytail. I wore some black sport shorts, a red tank top under a black vest and some track shoes. Hyoyeon opted for dark grey joggers, a purple tank top and sport shoes. We were out of the apartment in less than 45 minutes. 

The gym was about 10 minutes away when taking the bus and we got there 5 minutes early which was enough time to prepare our stuff. We didn't receive any introductions or explanations so we assumed that we were left to do as we please. 

"I'll work in this section." Hyo told me, pointing to one corner of the gym. I gave her a nod before making my way to a different section. 

The first day of work wasn't as interesting or amusing like I thought it would be. Another problem with my expectation levels. The only people who came to the gym were those who could train on their own or those who just wanted to be here for the heck of it before leaving. I sighed, deciding to work out on my own since no one wanted my help. I put my earphones in and started on the treadmill.

Funny how it only took a maximum of 2 days for things to blow over with me in the news. People forget quickly, don't they?

I wonder if he forgot me.

Assuming that he did, I could only guess what he was up to at the moment. Probably doing his latest conquest, another poor woman who was simply looking for any sort of affection behind those cold bars. I know I was like that. Maybe I still am. I let myself be taken away by the song, ignoring my surroundings as I focused on staying on the track. 

"Very sweet." Lu Han mumbled while pecking my lips over and over again. I giggled wildly as his warm breath fanned my face.

"Flattering will get you nowhere." I pushed him lightly which made him chuckle.

"And yet it's working on you." He smirked and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I cupped his face and leaned down for a peck, knowing my time with him will come to an end soon. 

My eyes fluttered closed to enjoy the pure bliss that was hidden in his lips. His warm arms encircled me, pulling me closer to him and I let his heat engulf me. I giggled lightly when he nibbled on my lower lip, teasing me. I pulled away and left a pout on his lips. He continued to stare at me with adoration in his eyes and I'm glad that it was directed towards me.

"I'll take you on a real date. I promise." He whispered. "Somewhere you and I don't have to hide."

"I would love to." I leaned my forehead on his, grinning until my cheeks hurt. 

"But until then." I felt the mood turn darker as his smirk start to broaden. His grip tightened, pulling me extremely close. I bet he could hear how fast my heart was thumping which could only feed that smirk of his. "We'll content ourselves like this, in secrecy." 

Once again, I was pulled into a mind-blowing kiss, one that could only be offered by Lu Han. 

Some time during my thoughts, I must've lost my footing on the treadmill and stumble backwards since I was facing the ceiling and no longer the fat man sweating in front of me. Soon, another face came into my line of view.

"Are you okay?" His voice was swoon worthy which went well with his handsome features dripping in sweat.

"Uh, y-yeah." I stuttered and brought myself back on my feet. Even with my balance restored and the fat man back in view, his hand stayed on the small of my back. He kept staring at me, something flickering in his eyes before he blinked multiple times.

"Jong Suk, Lee Jong Suk." He introduced, pulling his hand back and placing it before me to shake.

A/N:

Hi~

Just a quick update. Hey, better than waiting a thousand years, right?

I felt like it was appropriate to stop the chapter at that point since I like cliffhangers 'MOUHAHAHA'

Anyways, I know you guys might find this weird, but I am thinking about making another story. I know, I know, I already have others that I need to update, but this idea was stuck in my mind and I honestly like the concept of it- maybe a bit like 'Inmate 0205'! It'll be posted soon and I won't update it until I receive a poster for it :)