Metamorphose

Inmate 0205

I wanted silence and some time to think, right? This is what I wanted, but why am I starting to regret it now?

With every second that I count down in my head, a small fear of the silence and darkness...


The darkness that enveloped my body played a huge factor in the anxiety that was growing inside me. It has been two days now or maybe three. I honestly do not know anymore, because all I know is that I have been in here for too long. 

The only time I had any interaction with the 'outside world' was when the guards shoved trays of unrecognizable food in the small slot on the cell's door. That 5 seconds of light or what was remotely brighter than my current surroundings, was like a piece of a distorted nightmare.

All I want now is to get that small ounce of freedom I had. I want to see the light, hear the loud voices of the other inmates, get pushed around by the guards- yes, I want that, I want all of it. My time in this hell hole made me realize how much I need human interaction, no matter how hurtful it might be. 

Then, as if the lord himself has been listening to my constant prayers, the metal vault-like door that kept me caged in this room started creaking open, making this horrible sound that I have been longing to hear.

"Number 0205." The guard said, speaking in that monotonous voice that sent chills down my spine. "You will be returning to your regular cell as of now."

Without saying a single word, I followed him out, keeping a small distance between us, because I do not want another misunderstanding to happen. Again.

"Yuri!" Hyoyeon shouted in a hushed tone, making sure the guard was well out of sight. "Oh God, are you okay? I heard that you went to the Devil's Den." She whispered the name as if it was he-who-shall-not-be-named. 

"The name does not do it justice." I muttered, laying on my rock hard bed that I never knew that I could miss so much. "It should be called Hell's Hell."

"I have never been there, but I have heard stories and none of them were good." Hyoyeon sat on her bed across from me. "Some of them went mad."

"How long was I in there?" I asked curiously, running my fingers along the worn out furniture.

"Two days and a half. I don't know how you got out so early. Inmates who cross the line always get a week in there." She stated in disbelief, scratching her head. "But I am glad that you got out."

"Me too. If I stayed in there any longer, I would have gone insane for real." I sighed.

"I am glad that you did not or else I would be stuck with these other mentally insane people." She muttered with a sly smirk.

Soon, a bell rang, indicating that it was lunch time which made me realize that I have not gotten my breakfast yet. No matter how disgusting, grungy and inedible the food looks, it is still food and my stomach needs to be filled with it. Once in line, I grabbed a metal tray as another inmate reached out for it.

"Hey, that is mine." She said in disgust, pulling up her sleeves as if she was ready for a fight.

"Calm your , Kemy. It's just a tray. Grab another one and get your dumb to the end of the line." Hyoyeon spat, judging the girl with her eyes.

"Gosh, what is wrong with her?" I asked, watching a girl walk back to the end of the line which was pretty long.

"Don't ever say that word again. And she's just a prick that likes to create for no reason. She disses everyone like she owns everyone, but is too weak to actually get physical." Hyoyeon clicked her tongue, letting the lunch lady splatter food all over her tray.

"This place is sounding more and more like high school. I thought I got rid of all the drama years ago." I sighed, grabbing a seat next to her at an empty table. "What is she in for anyways?"

"Robbery." She replied shortly. 

"What about you?" I asked tentatively, forcing myself to swallow the sludge I think is mash potatoes.

"My ex-boyfriend filed a lawsuit against me for domestic abuse which landed me a few months in jail since no one wanted to bail me. Then I tried to get my life back on track and all that cheesy stuff, but I guess I got caught up with the wrong crowd." She explained, not really caring about it, but I saw the sadness in her eyes.

"Do you want to get your life back?" I asked quietly.

"Of course. I mean, I want to open up a dance studio, teach young kids or those who want to learn." She shrugged, smiling at the thought of her dream coming true. "The money does not really concern me."

"That's good." I smiled.

"What do you want to do or be?" The latter asked.

"My parents wanted me to be a doctor so I studied so hard for my degree, but... This happened." I shrugged, picking at my food that did not really appease my appetite. 

"Yeah, but what do you want to be. Not what your parents, friends or anybody else want." Hyoyeon explained in detail.

"I-I do not know..." I answered honestly.

"That's really sad."

"I-" A deafening ring sounded which meant that lunch was over. I pouted at my food that looked untouched before apologizing for wasting the food and throwing it in the trash.

"Are you serious?" Hyoyeon nudged my rib harshly which made me wince in pain. "Who the hell says sorry to food?"

"What's so wrong with that?" I whined, not understanding the norms in prison.

"Nothing, unless you want to get your beat up. Girls- or what I think are girls, in here don't like pansies and weaklings. I know, I learned it the hard way." She shook her head shamefully. "I can already see some people eyeing you. Get your together."

"Well, I don't know what to do!" I whispered in a low tone, looking around to see anyone looking back at me. I saw a group of women with tattoos decorating their entire arm stare at me with menacing glares which made me feel so little.

"Fine, come with me." Hyoyeon grabbed my wrist and pulled me to some unknown direction.

"Where are we-"

"Just shut up and listen." She sighed irritatingly and made me feel bad for wasting her time. 

We arrived at some sort of cement box with nothing but basketball hoops and a few burnt out cigarette butts. Water was dripping from somewhere, but I couldn't pinpoint where.

"H-Hey, I know I-I'm pretty annoying, but-" I started getting scared at what might happen in this place... Alone... With an annoyed Hyoyeon.

"Shut up."

"Okay." I whimpered, watching her eye me like a hawk while deciphering something in that head of hers.

"I'm going to teach you how to be... Me." She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "How to survive, if you prefer."

"O-Okay...?" I stuttered terribly while waiting for further instructions. 

Out of nowhere, she jumped on me, making me squeal so loud that she had to cover my mouth with her hand. She started ripping my clothes up and ping my jumpsuit which made me quiver under her touch. My mind went to all sorts of conclusions and I hated myself at that moment for not be strong enough or smart enough to prevent this.

"Are you done? 'Cause I am." Hyoyeon scoffed, dusting herself off and leaving me to peel myself away from the cold cement wall. I looked down at my clothes- a lot tighter and more shorter, exposing my stomach and arms. The t-shirt that I once wore on the inside was ripped, turning it into a hybrid of a tank top and a crop top. "Trust me, you look better than that."

"How is this not going to get me..." I couldn't bear say the word out loud so I cupped my mouth and whispered: "?"

"I mean, I'm completely exposed!" I tried hiding my stomach while turning away.

"Yeah, but you look bad like me. When I teach you a few more things, you'll be the most feared person around." She chuckled amusingly while rubbing her lower chin, thinking about something that might either scare me, scar me or kill me. 

"You know how to fight?" She asked out of the blue, surprising me.

"Depends. Are you going to punch me when I say no?" I scoffed as a sly smirk pasted her lips.

"See? You're starting to get a bad mouth already." She patted my shoulder roughly. "Well, that makes you a step closer."

Suddenly, a blaring sound echoed loudly through the room, making me cover my ears. Just by watching Hyoyeon scowl, I could tell that it was inspection time again. I sighed before we rushed back to our cell, making sure to follow the path without taking any shortcuts or else we'll get a misunderstanding with the guards.

"Just in time." Hyoyeon sighed, leaning her back against the cool wall. "I wonder which officer will inspect us today-"

"Hello, ladies." 

Both Hyo and I scowled, not even trying to hide it as I forced myself to swallow back down the few bites I ate from lunch. He sent shivers down my entire body when he walked closer to me. Hyoyeon didn't say or do anything to help me which is understandable.

"As beautiful as ever." He caressed my cheek which made me jerk my head back.

'Stay strong.' I told myself while keeping my ground. 

"Shouldn't you be inspecting our cell, officer?" I spat back in a daring tone which probably made him go off since he laughed loudly.

"I love it when you call me that." He whispered, his breath hitting my face as I instantly felt small. "I wonder how much I would love it when you scream it." He suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the cell.

"Yu- Number 0205!" Hyoyeon screamed as the cell door closed before she could reach me. "You can't do that!"

"Where are you bringing her?" A voice boomed from behind me, but I was too shocked to look.

"Nothing that concerns you, officer." A.Hole- or whatever his name was- gripped onto my wrist tighter which made me let out a soft wince.

"That inmate is in my section so she is under my charge." The other officer spoke back, utterly emotionless.

"Huh. Finally taking a chance? Go for it then." 

A chance?

What kind of chance?

What is he talking about?

What was he thinking of doing with me in the first place?

These questions flew threw my mind, one after the other. The next thing I knew, I was thrown to the ground. I tried to get up, but A.Hole purposely kicked me while walking past me to get away.

"That's how you establish dominance." He chuckled. "You get them on all fours." He suddenly grabbed my hair, jerking my head upwards to meet his lustful eyes.

"Get away from me!" I said through gritted teeth, scooting away.

"She's a feisty one. Surely rough later on." A.Hole winked and walked away, leaving me to grovel.

"Get up, inmate." The other officer ordered, but I didn't move. "I said get on your feet, number 0205." He repeated, more slowly this time, but I kept my head low.

"Yuri, it's time to go." He crouched down.

I looked up and stared directly in his eyes.

A/N:

So... How have y'all been doing? It's been a while, huh?

I was concentrating more on my one shot 'Silent Cabin' so that's been taking up most of my time as well as my never-ending week of exams -.-

Anyways, votes are much appreciated and subscribers too! I read all comments, by the way :)

P.S. Sorry if you might encounter any mistakes, I'll try to fix them later on!