A Quick Bite

Inmate 0205

Lord knows how much I hate going to those fancy dinners, but I was always forced to go by my parents. The main reason for my hatred for such a place was because I dreaded the fact of being surrounded by snobby rich people in high designer clothes scrutinizing others.

I was always that one girl who was everyone's target and my parents would pretend not to notice. I basically blended in with everyone else, but apparently, my dress was fitting enough, my hair was caked in hairspray, my face didn't have thick layers of makeup or something of the sort.

them.


*RING!*

"Ah!" I shouted in surprise while falling from the couch. I groaned, face planted to the ground while my hand roamed the coffee table for my phone. 

"Hello?" I replied groggily, eyes shut.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Hyoyeon chirped. "I hope you used protection," She joked. "So, unless you forgot, you have a yoga class to teach today so be at the gym at 1 pm. Bye, hun," She hung up before I could say anything.

"Who was that?" Lu Han yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Hyo..." I trailed off, already falling back asleep until I felt something pick me up like some stuffed animal. I was pressed against a warm yet solid surface. "O-Okay!" I exclaimed, my eyes snapping open. "I think I'll get ready for work,"

"It's 8 am," He stated with his eyes closed. "I doubt you have to be at the gym that early,"

"W-Well, I'm an early bird," Was my lame excuse. Anyone who knew me could tell that I was the complete opposite of that.

"Very funny now come back here," He extended his arms and I could notice the faint presence of a pout. I gaped at this small act of being cute since it was Lu Han we were talking about; always moody, brooding and cranky. I slowly crawled back to the couch and laid engulfed in his arms, back pressed against his front. "Thank you," He sighed before his breathing started to even out.

Curse his pout. 

When he started burying his face into my back, he let loose cages upon cages of butterflies inside my stomach. The fluttering was incessant, but it didn't make me feel nauseous. I had to fight everything inside me not to turn around and cuddle with him. No, that was bad, cuddling is bad. I needed Lu Han to work for what we used to have and not just fling myself at him.

Abstinence is key.

"I love you," Lu Han whispered in my ear as we danced in some ballroom.

How we got there, I don't know, but that didn't matter. I felt like everything was complete for once and that was all thanks to him. He held me closely, making my body flourish with sparks. I cupped his face and leaned in for a tender and quick kiss. He spun me around, my dress flowing gorgeously around me. 

Lu Han let go of my hand, letting me fall into the arms of someone else. I gasped as I stared wide eyed at the one person I accidentally forgot about.

"Jong Suk..." I whispered in disbelief as he dipped me.

"You look beautiful," He kissed my lips and it felt totally weird. 

Princess moment over. 

I stumbled out of Jong Suk's arms and found myself in the middle of the two. They both extended their arms, waiting for me to fall into one of them. I glanced between the two, a cold sweat breaking out on me. I was horrible at decisions and this was nowhere near easy.

"This... This can't be happening," I whispered to myself.

"Come on, babe, let me love you," Lu Han, as cheesy as he was, sounded very convincing.

"I will shower you with love like a princess," Jong Suk stated while sending me his ever so effective wink.

"What the..." I bugged, my brain went flat. 

"Come to me!"

"No, me!"

"I love you!"

"I love you more!"

My mind was literally spinning; everything started blurring around me and I felt like I needed to heave. I fell to my knees as the images of Lu Han and Jong Suk swirled around me. I held my hands over my ears and shut my eyes tight, their voices still ringing in my head.

"STOP!" 

An abrupt pain shot through me from my as I groaned loudly. I had once again fallen from the couch and am suffering the consequences of being so stupid. I decided to stay on the ground because I would be much safer there.

"Again?" I heard Lu Han half-grumble-half-chuckle as he placed a hand on my shoulder, rubbing it as if it would soothe the pain and embarrassment. "I guess it's time to wake up,"

After both of us took a shower, he offered to drive me back to my place, but I declined multiple times before I saw his lower lip quiver. I could not take another one of his pout. So, we both sat in an agonizing silence until he tried to break it halfway through the trip.

"So, it's still early," He stated.

"Yup," I nodded while looking at the scenery outside.

"Do you want to..." He trailed off. "I don't know, grab a bite?"

"Today? Like, now?" I asked and started stammering to answer. "I-I don't know. M-Maybe Hyo-"

"It's fine," He cut me off and chuckled. "Maybe dinner? It would be on me," Free food and spend time with Lu Han or having to pay for food and be a loner.

I sighed. "Pick me up at 6," I stated and I could see that broad grin spreading on his lips.

"Wear something nice," He added before pulling up to my place. I could see Hyoyeon's figure from the window and I knew I would be interrogated.

"Thanks for everything," I pressed my lips into a thin line and exited the car. I didn't look back as I rushed into the apartment building to avoid any more awkward confrontation. I shot up the stairs in a matter of seconds and got inside the apartment.

"I'm home- Oh, Jesus!" I shouted when I found Hyoyeon literally breathing down my neck.

"You smell... Like the opposite ," She narrowed her eyes at me. "I wonder who," She smirked.

"Look, you know why I smell like him and you know why I had to stay over," I rolled my eyes and decided to jump directly in the shower.

As I lathered my hair and body in soap, I didn't hear the door open and Hyoyeon sneak inside. "So, nothing happened?"

"Hyo, what the- What the hell are you doing?" Even with the shower curtains hiding me, I still felt the need to cover my body.

"I'm just curious," I could see her silhouette shrug. "I feel like you're hiding something from me,"

"Like what?" I scoffed and continued to rinse the suds off of me.

"I don't know..." She trailed off. "Probably a promise that you made him..." Jesus, is this woman psychic?

"So what?"

"I'm curious to find out the details," I could hear that tone in her voice, the one where it sounds like she knows more than she's leading on. "Like the ones pertaining the situation you were in to agree to such a thing,"

"You know, you should have defended us instead of Kevin in court. You're good with your words," I grabbed a towel, wrapped myself in it and walked to the closet. 

Hyo followed me out. "Very flattering, but you're not getting out of this question,"

"There was barely a question given to me," I mumbled while shifting through my clothes for any gym gear.

"Yuri, for goodness sakes, just tell me what happen!" She gripped my shoulders and shook them. 

"Alright, okay!" I groaned while pulling her off. "He kept persuading me to forgive him and he was going to pout, Hyo. HE. WAS. GOING. TO. POUT." I shook her shoulders this time. "Do you know how hard it is to resist Lu Han pouting? It's like rejecting a snuggle from a puppy! But then I couldn't just let him back in so I just thought 'hey, why not just let him in slowly,'" I let the words pour out. I was left slightly breathless and Hyoyeon seemed pleased.

"See? Wasn't that so hard?" She patted my cheek and exited the bedroom. "Get ready in 15, we're leaving for the gym!" She reminded. I stared at her back in disbelief before shaking my head and continuing to choose an outfit. 

At the gym, the room I was teaching in was semi full of people. 10 minutes after starting, I heard the door open and close, and I assumed that it was a late student coming in. I showed various poses to help with everyone's health. At the end, everyone seemed exhausted, but very relaxed.

"Alright, I hope to see you guys next time and don't forget to uses these tips everyday-" I rambled on while watching them all leave. Until there was one person left...

"Jong Suk...?" Oh my God, I practically forgot about him.

"Hey, Yuri, I missed you," He smiled broadly and ran up to hug me. 

"Y-Yeah," I hugged him back. Was it weird that I felt guilty? Of course I should, I've been leading him on while hanging with my ex. But then again, were we even dating? He never asked me to be his girlfriend and we only went on one date.

"How have you been?" He asked while helping me pick up my things.

"I've been... Fine," I shrugged.

"I know that tone, I know there's something wrong," He pointed out. "Come on, tell me, I can take anything and am here to listen," He did some sort of bow which made me chuckle a bit. 

"I'm okay, seriously," I insisted.

"Alright, but just to let you know, I'm always here if you need me," He pecked the side of my head and that sent my thoughts spinning once again.

'Why does he have to be so perfect?' I groaned internally.

"Look I was wondering if you want to grab some dinner-" He seemed nervous which made it even harder to reject him.

"I would love to, but I already have plans-" I played with the strap of my sports bag and he nodded with an understanding smile. 

"I get it," He gave a lopsided smile. "Well, I hope you have fun," He broadened his smile and waved before walking off. I felt like I just kicked a puppy, I feel horrible.

Nevertheless, I rushed home and took a quick shower. I stood in my closet for a good 20 minutes while trying to decide what to wear. Lu Han didn't specifically tell me where we were eating so I wasn't quite sure on what to wear. He is trying to impress me so we could be eating at a fancy place, but knowing that it's Lu Han we could be eating somewhere-

Wait.

I'm thinking too much about this. I'm supposed to be nonchalant and laid back about all of this, but I'm acting like I should be the one impressing. Besides, it's just grabbing a quick bite with an acquaintance. 

I groaned while deciding to just throw on a black skater skirt with a white crop top and a jean jacket. I topped it all off with some strapped heels. I think that's appropriate for any restaurant. I grabbed my sling bag, crushed Hyoyeon in a hug before exiting the apartment.

"You better bring me home some leftovers!" She shouted before I closed the door. 

I thought that I was early since it was a little before 6 pm, but I was shocked to see Lu Han right in front of the building, pacing back and forth in front of his car while muttering something to himself. He didn't notice my presence so I got a chance to hear what he was saying.

"Hey, you look gorgeous... No, no, that's too plain... Hey, you look smoking... What the... No! That's gonna get me smacked... Yuri, you look freaking-"

"Ahem," I faked a cough and saw him freeze before swiftly turning around, and smiling as if I didn't just hear him rehearse his lines. "Am I interrupting?"

"N-No, of course not," He stammered and quickly ushered me into the passenger side of his car. "You look... Beautiful," He sighed as if he really meant it.

I smiled. "Thanks, you don't look so bad either," That seemed to have made his day. "So where are we eating?"

"Are you hungry?" He asked instead of answering.

"Uh, yes?" I sounded unsure especially since he didn't answer my question right away.

"Well this place is perfect," He smiled and right after around 5 blocks, we started parking.

"Where are we..." I looked outside the window and noticed a very well-known as well as distinct double arch.

We were at McDonalds'.

A/N:

Isn't that the perfect date? If you were on a date with a guy, where would you want to eat or go?

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this update and I apologized for not updating as much on my other account on Wattpad... The changes there are just a bit to much, but I'll get used to it :)

Who else is excited for SNSD on Running Man?! I AM.

What about the 3 MVs?! I AM.