Snatching Hearts

Inmate 0205

I was given many choices in life and I was always thankful because not a lot of people have that. Some were forced and others had no other choice. I never had any problems with choice. I have to say that I'm very good at making decisions. I enjoy the feeling of taking command of things.

But my current choice might be the death of me.


Curse my height.

I was forced to crane my neck upwards, making em feel even smaller than I should just to stare at him dead in the eye. And boy, that was the first time I saw his eyes so dark. He looked like he could murder anything that moved with his bare hands in a matter of seconds. Why is he so mad?

"Answer me, inmate." He said harshly which did make me flinch a little.

"I was brought here by another guard, sir." I sneered, and if the way my tone sounded effected him one bit, he was pretty good at hiding it. 

"Well, I should get going." Kevin muttered, patting his disheveled hair back into place. If Luhan could look any angrier, he sure as hell is doing a good job at him. I'm worried that he might go Super Saiyan on everyone.

Once Kevin was gone, Lu Han gripped my forearm and gave it a small squeeze to get my attention.

"We need to talk." He stated as if I didn't have a choice. Knowing me and my big mouth, he cut me off in a strained voice. "Please." He ran a hand through his hair. I huffed as an answer and I just let him drag me to where ever the Hell we're going.

We both stopped in front of a door where I first saw him earlier. He unlocked the door and tucked the keys back into his pyjama pants. Do all the guards sleep here or just him? They might as well qualify the guards as inmates since their sleeping, eating and doing their duties here like the rest of us inmates.

I walked in like I owned everything in there and sat on his bed, arms crossed like the child that I am. He stalked in, hands in his pockets while looking around nervously. I cleared my throat, a way to tell him that I'm waiting for him to say something. He sighed and stared at me dead in the eye.

"I'm sorry." I raised a brow. Is that all he's got? Call me merciless and cruel, but I'm waiting until he drops to his knees and kisses the ground where I walk on in hopes that I would forgive him. "On that day, I was off work because..."

"Because?" I pressed on.

"My grandmother is sick and I can't even visit her because she lives in China so the best I could do was send her a package which took over half the day to get sent." He explained quickly and immediately started pacing the room, biting on his fists. I know why. He's trying to stop himself from crying. "God, I might as well be the worst human being. , I can't even make enough money to go see my family! I can't even protect the person I love! I can't do ." He kept beating himself up.

I feel like now.

A heartless b*tch, that's what I am.

"I-I didn't know. I-I'm so-"

"No!" He interrupted, his face looking pained and his hair a mess. "Don't apologize! It's my fault! I put you in danger and... And I-"

"Lu Han!" I shouted, making him stop pacing, but he kept heaving and trembling. "Shut up and come here." I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck. He let out a deep breath and hugged my waist. "Calm down." His breathing became ragged.

It was strange seeing him in such a vulnerable state since he was seen as such a big, cold guard that barely spoke to anyone and only did what he was told. And now, he just seemed like he would break into a thousand pieces if you were to touch him. 

I sighed while running my fingers through his soft hair, rubbing his back soothingly and humming a soft tune to calm him as much as possible. He sighed once more and it was like all the stress in his body dispersed at the same time, but not enough for my liking. He was still tense. 

If I recall correctly, he did say that he couldn't protect the one he loved and-

Wait. Was he referring to me? Love as in friendly love or love as in love love? Maybe he was referring to his grandmother. 

"Thank you." Lu Han whispered, nuzzling closer to the crook of my neck. 

I don't know how, but I ended up laying on his bed, curled into his chest as he slept soundly. I've been wide awake for a few minutes now, wondering when I would have to get up to get back to my cell, but since Lu Han's second in command here, I have no worries. Yet.

I didn't mind the comfort he gave me being so close. In fact, I loved it, need it, crave it. Sounds weird, but it is most definitely the truth. I huddled closer to him when I could and tried to be discrete because I don't want to disrupt his slumber. He seemed so calm and I want to keep it that way.

Unconsciously, I repeatedly ran my fingers through his hair while thinking over about his words. A fluttering feeling invaded my stomach when I thought about the possibilities of me being the one he loved. I have to admit, it felt nice to know that someone actually loved you. 

Very nostalgic.

My thoughts took a wrong turn. Images of my happy family portraits flashed through my mind; my mother's beautiful smile and graceful movements, my father's contagious laughter and lame jokes that make you laugh nonetheless. As much as I want to rip those photos apart, I can't. Their my family and I can't help but love them no matter what.

Even if they never believed me.

"Why did you stop?" A husky voice asked in my ear while I felt something tighten around my waist. I almost forgot that I was practically glued to Lu Han.

"What?" I asked, but then realized what he meant. I stopped running my hand through his hair. "Oh."

"What are you thinking about?" He kept his tone low and quiet.

"Nothing." I sighed and leaned my forehead on his chest.

"Then mind telling me what you were talking with that guy?"

"Kevin?" I asked and felt him nod above my head. "We talked about him being my lawyer, my case and things like that." Did I just feel him tense?

"What about it?"

"I might be set free soon." I smiled at the thought. "I might be able to get my degree and me a doctor." I giggled lightly to myself. "Isn't that great?"

"Fantastic." I heard the way he faked his happiness.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my brows and he sat up, ruffling his hair.

"Nothing. I'm just tired." He explained and yawned.

"Oh." I pulled my legs to my chest. "Then you should go back to sleep."

"No, I'm awake now." He chuckled and pulled me close, but his simple tug on my legs brought me to his lap so my legs were draped around his waist. I blushed at the close contact.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as he took my hands in his and placed them on his chest. He smiled lightly and nodded. We sat in silence and it actually wasn't weird or uncomfortable.

"Answer something for me?" He asked, tapping under my chin to make me look up at him. "Truthfully."

"Um, okay." I frowned a little at the serious atmosphere he created.

In a second, his face was closer than I could ever imagine before. One small, tiny, miniscule movement and our lips would touch so I just froze, staring at him with wide eyes. He let out a small chuckle and his action made our lips brush. I held my breath.

"What would you do..." He trailed off, cupping my heated cheeks. "If I kissed you?"

Well, what would I do?

I was imagining our lips crashing into each other and that idea did please me. Would I kiss him back, push him off or just freeze? What would be the consequences of him kissing me? I searched his face for anything that might tell me that he was joking just to get a laugh out of all of this later on, but he looked all too serious.

"Well, Yuri?" He pressed on, clearly nervous.

"I-..." I paused, not being able to say anything. I felt my mind go dead and nothing was coming out of my mouth. I might as well refrein myself from looking any more stupid.

I kissed him.

There's no point in describing the kiss- our kiss. I just know that I lost control after he kissed me back.Whatever I did to him, he did something else to make me feel like I was going to explode.

I tugged his hair. 

He pulled me close.

I moaned lightly.

He nibbled my lower lip.

I pulled back.

He trailed kisses on my neck.

I called out his name softly, but breathlessly.

He pushed me down on the bed.

This man will be the death of me.

A/N:

Hello! Please don't kill me for taking too long! D:

I wanted to prolong this chapter a bit more as well as their relationship, but you can't deprive me from my YulHan moments!

By far, I think this is my favorite chapter so far. Which one is yours?