When Lightning Strikes

Inmate 0205

It bothers me when things don't turn out the way I want them to. I try so hard to follow the plan I make in the beginning, but end up failing. Something or someone always has to interrupt or change the game and that erks me so much. 

It's like my life is a drama.


"There are some pills in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. Yeah... Yeah... I know... Okay," I spoke into my phone while walking in small circles. "Just for tonight... Hopefully," I glanced at Lu Han who sat quietly on the couch, staring at the carpet intently. 

"Okay, see you tomorrow. Bye, Hyo," As soon as I hung up, his head shot up towards me and he had this stupid grin on his face. 

"What do you want to do?" He asked.

"Establish some rules," His smile dropped. 

"What? Rules?"

"One, we both share separate beds. Two, I am allowed access to the bathroom and fridge for the entire time I'm here. Three, do not try any of your moves on me unless you want something precious to be bruised," I glared and I could see his Adam's apple bob.

"Is that all?" He raised a brow.

"I'll tell you when I think of more," I pursed my lips and looked around. "So... Where am I sleeping?"

"Uh, I only have one bedroom and that was the one you woke up in this morning," He rubbed the back of his neck while giving me a lopsided grin.

"I'm taking the couch," I grabbed the couch pillow and plopped onto the cushion. 

"No, no, you can take the bed," He offered.

"I'm fine here," I narrowed my eyes at him, my clutch on the pillow tightening and that was the universal sign 'don't fight with me on this'- well, my universal sign. 

"Okay, fine," He raised his hands in surrender. I chuckled to myself. In his own home, I feel like the boss.

Since it was sometime in the afternoon, I had no idea what to do. I hoped that it didn't last until night time because I wasn't sure how long I could handle being confined with Lu Han. We eventually found ourselves sitting on the couch with a large makeshift barrier of pillows between us. 

"Is this necessary?" He groaned while poking at the pillow wall.

"Very," I mumbled while changing the channel.

"Alright, well, I'm going to take my shower," He stated and got up. I pretended not to care, but in reality, I was itching to get a look of his place. A person's home tells a lot about them.

I quickly got up once I heard the click of the bathroom door shutting. I walked down the only hallway there was in the apartment which led to his bedroom. I stifled a laugh when I noticed some of his baby pictures. He looked cute- key word: 'looked'. He may have turned handsome over the years, but that did nothing for his judgement. 

"That's adorable," I chuckled to myself at a framed picture where he had a full on grin. Where is my phone? I want to take a picture. "I must be in the bedroom," I mumbled to myself and walked a bit further down the hallway.

His bedroom was pretty clean and organise despite the pillows scattered around. I picked them up and placed them back- not because I was being nice, but because I thought that it would help me find my phone. When the floor was cleared, I still couldn't find my stuff. I remember putting them in the pockets of my clothes, but now they're gone.

I made my way to the drawers where, for some odd reason, I thought he would have placed them with his clothes. I went through his shirts and pants until I reached the last drawer. I let out a quick squeal when my hand made contact with his briefs. I blushed madly and slammed it shut. 

"Phone, phone, phone," I repeated while looking around. I moved some things around; cologn bottles and such. But then I reached the part of his room where there were pictures scattered everywhere.

It seemed perfectly normal until my eyes caught sight of a particular picture. It was a picture that I took with his phone when I was still in jail.

"Hurry back," I pouted as Lu Han bent down to kiss me. He had to leave to do some guarding stuff and since I didn't need to be in my cell at the moment, I decided to stay back in his office until he comes back.

"Here, keep yourself busy," He threw me his phone and I caught it with glee.

Weeks without any connection to the internet or the outside world made me realize how dependant I am of it. I barely noticed Lu Han leaving his office because I was completely lost in all the apps he had. When I finally made it through all of his apps, I was bored out of my mind and he still wasn't back.

"Oh!" I smiled when I found the camera on his phone. 

I fixed my hair and took a few pictures. Once I took the 5th one, Lu Han was back and he seemed tired, but once his eyes fell on me, a smile made its way to his lips. 

"What are you doing?" He asked amusingly. 

"Come take pictures with me!" I giggled and pulled him to the small couch with me. 

"I'm tired," He whined and leaned his head back.

"Please," I kissed his cheek and he seemed to be filled with energy despite his drowsy eyes. 

After that, we took multiple pictures together which I felt like I looked horrible in, but he insisted that I looked perfect- his words not mine. I then wanted to delete all of them, because I just took the pictures for fun, but he snatched the phone away and I was left to pout.

"You really did look perfect," A voice broke my trance and I jumped around in surprise. I held a hand over my rapidly beating heart and sighed when it was just Lu Han.

"You scared me," I exhaled and turned back around.

"Sorry," He mumbled and I felt him right behind me.

"Why do you still have that picture?" I frowned and made a move to remove it, but his hand gripped mine, pulling it back. 

"Because I like it," He grinned and entwined our hands together. 

"U-Uh, yeah," I stammered and pulled away, crossing my arms. "That's nice," I trailed off in a mumble.

"You're never going to forgive me, are you? Let alone give me a chance," He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. I bit my lower lip, not bothering to reply. "Tell me something," He held my shoulders and turned me around, but that didn't make me look him in the eyes. "And be honest," He added. 

"Do you still like me?"

That question that seemed so simple had a huge impact on me. I was torn between two choices; still having these strong feelings and hating every single essence of him. Lu Han has been the main reason for my confusion for the past months of my life. 

"Honestly," He repeated. 

"I-I..." I was lost for words and my mind drew a blank. "I have to go take a shower," I said quickly while dashing to the bathroom. 

In all honesty, I was half lying when I said I wanted a shower. I could have gone a few hours before taking one, but I just needed to get away from the situation. While trying not to dwell on the question too much, I hopped into the shower and relaxed under the warm water. I had no choice but to use his shampoo and conditioner. 

When I stepped out, that's when I realized something. I completely forgot that I was deprived of any necessities like extra clothes. I groaned and wrapped a towel around my body before cautiously opening the door. I peeked outside to see if he was anywhere near. He wouldn't mind if I borrowed some of his clothes, would he?

Just as I took a step, my foot landed on something soft. I peered down and noticed a neatly folded pile of clothes with a note on top.

Here are some clothes for you to wear. I knew you would need some. -Lu 

A small smile formed on my lips as I read it. That idiot could be smart at times. I picked the pile up and brought it inside where I slipped into his large white long sleeved shirt and boxer briefs. I unconsciously took a whiff of his shirt and smiled.

I walked into the kitchen where Lu Han seemed to be cooking something. I fought the urge to do the 'girlfriend thing' where I run up behind him and back hug him. I sat at the kitchen island and tapped my fingers against the marble counter top until he noticed my presence. 

"Hungry?" He asked, smiling and turning back to the heated stove top.

"Yeah," I placed my chin in the palm of my hand. "What are you cooking?"

"It's dinner time so I made some fettuccine alfredo," I started plating the pasta and I couldn't suppress a moan when the smell hit my nose. I heard him mutter something under his breath and decided to ignore it.

I hate to admit it, but the pasta was good- too good. "I thought you didn't cook," I said while shoving another forkful into my mouth.

"I can't. If you asked me to make something else, I would have to run to the store to buy some microwavable food," He chuckled. "I just started learning to cook to..." He trailed off.

"To what?" I looked up to see a shade of red coloring his neck and the tip of his ears. 

"I-It's stupid," He shrugged.

"Tell me," I urged. 

He sighed. "I wanted to learn to cook to be a better boyfriend... For you," 

"I- oh..." I looked down at my plate and started picking on it. "That's-"

"Nice, I know," He sighed, a bit irritatingly. "You know, I'm still wondering if you still like me," I kept quiet and started to lose my appetite. "But because I want you to be sure when you answer, I'll give you as much time as you want,"

"Really?" I raised a sceptical brow and he nodded. "That's nice," I chuckled and so did he. 

"But would you at least promise me that you'll try... You know... Us?" He asked and I could see the fear in his eyes; the fear of rejection. 

At that moment, I had two choices once again. I could both reject him and make him feel the hurt I've felt or be the better person and try. I looked at him dead in the eye and he avoided my gaze when I didn't reply instantly. I guess he's given me enough proof that he's actually willing to fix what we once had.

"I'll try," I mumbled and let the idiotic smile spread on my lips. 

After dinner, we both sat on the couch and watched TV again, and because I said I would try, I didn't construct a wall between us. We sat a few inches apart and I couldn't help but notice the stupid grin that would break out on his face from time to time. 

"It's still raining," I mumbled while staring out the window. 

"I guess you'll have to stay the night," He gave a boyish grin. 

"You seem to be enjoying the situation," I scoffed while making myself more comfortable on the couch. 

"Well you seem to be profiting from the situation. You know, making me your slave; forcing you to cook food, bring you clothes-" I burst out laughing at his statement.

"Forcing?!" I exclaimed in disbelief, but I couldn't mask my smile. "You did that on your own and had morals to include me," I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, just wait, sooner or later, you'll be demanding me to rub your feet," He pouted and I smacked his shoulder for being silly. I'm not demanding, am I? "Okay, okay, because you keep whining, I'll do it," He grabbed my leg and extended it across his lap.

"I didn't!" I giggled uncontrollably as he kept tugging.

"Gosh, Yuri, you're so demanding," He rolled his eyes playfully. 

"You're being ridiculous!" I threw a pillow at him and he finally let go of my legs, but I didn't remove them. My exposed legs were feeling quite cold. "I'm not some controlling freak,"

"Your words not mine," I punched his shoulder again.

After a few more hours, we started getting ready for bed and I had to insist on sleeping on the couch. He inevitably gave up on arguing with me and trudged his way to his bedroom. Outside, the rain kept trickling and lightning struck once in a while. It was okay at first, but with the lights out and the only thing illuminating the entire place was the lightning. It was creepy.

"Crap!" I exclaimed in a hushed tone when thunder woke me from my small slumber. I sighed as I would probably get little to no sleep. 

I got up and shuffled my way to the kitchen where I poured myself a glass of water. My hands were already trembling and the thunder mixed with lightning shook me up. I almost dropped the cup so many times. I sighed once again and ran a hand through my messy hair.

"You okay?" I flinched and turned to see Lu Han leaned up against the kitchen archway. "You still don't like stormy nights, do you?"

"No," I groaned and rubbed my tired eyes. "Stupid phobias," 

"I think I have something that could help," He yawned and brought me back to the couch. 

Lu Han sat down at one end and placed a pillow on his lap. He patted it as a sign for me to lay down. I did it without much thought since I was very tired and he started wrapping me up in a blanket. 

"Just sleep," He told me and started rubbing soothing circles on my back while caressing my hair. His touch sent my thoughts spiralling around which made me forget completely about the storm outside. The warmth he gave me was enough to lull me to sleep. "Goodnight," He whispered and then felt his lips press upon my temple.

A/N:

Fun fact, I am also afraid of thunder and lightning... As well as many other things, but let's not talk about that ._.

Anyways, because you guys are so awesome and still remember this story, I wanted to update quickly so the next chapter should be up in a few days (I hope)

So comment bellow if you're still rooting for our YulHan couple: yay or nay?