Suppressing Feelings

Inmate 0205

*Drum rolls* 

May I present to you the awaited point of view of Lu Han! It's from the very beginning so enjoy!


Lu Han's POV; 

"Get back to work," I barked at the few guards who were slacking off. "We have new prisoners coming in a few minutes." I grumbled, the hot mug of dark coffee in my hand not helping my grumpy mood. I never was a morning person.

"Yes, sir!" They all shouted, eager to feast on the new prey.

These men disgust me; they had no respect for anything except their superiors and themselves. Where they like to toy around with the inmates, I took my work seriously which actually helped this piece of for a prison to stay and help these bastards keep their job plus pay. 

I entered my personal office to put my cup on my desk. A few minutes was all I need to gather myself for the long day before me, but as usual, something had to interrupt my slim chance at calming down. My poor excuse of a boss entered.

"On your feet, Lu Han, the new batch of hoes just came in." Aiden chuckled, leaning half his weight on the door frame. I suppressed a scowl at his choice of words since he could be the one sending me off. "I'll let you get section B16. That one's a real rebel and completely hot."

"I'll only do my job," I muttered and got up to leave.

"Come on, man! You need to get laid. You look too stuck up and any one of these wh*res would be glad to help you loosen up." His was coming off in waves. "That little rebel seems like she can totally rock the bed until your-"

"I'll see you around," I bolted off, escaping the graphic description that would probably keep me up for nights. I don't need to know how he handles himself in bed. Whoever this rebel he's talking about must be some crazy chick.

While making my rounds of inspection, all the new inmates I encountered were far from hot- well, my standard of hot anyways. There was only one cell left, only one new inmate to meet. I'm curious to see if she was the famous rebel. Nothing works Aiden up, but a curvy body and extremely hot features.

"Inspection!" I shouted before opening the cell. Both of the women were against the wall- one looking bored and the other looking nervous as hell. Definitely a newbie. 

I kept my job quick and efficient, looking through every crack and hole to see if they were stashing anything. Once done, I received a message through my earpiece about the new inmate and that she was needed at the doctor's.

"0205," I called out and her cellmate had to nudge her to get her attention to me. Her wide fearful eyes snapped to me and I felt my breath cut short. Never in all my years of working here have I seen such beautiful and innocent eyes. 

"Y-Yes?" She nervously stuttered, a soft yet trembling voice.

"You are called to the psychiatrists' office," I said once recollecting myself, my voice turning back to its emotionless and cold way.

"I don't know-" I couldn't take another second of her voice anymore. It was so soft and alluring that I needed her to shut up or else I don't know what I'll do.

"Follow me," I said simply.

After a few seconds, she emerged from the cell, timid and unsure of her surroundings. Her entire body seemed to relax once she fell into step beside me- as if she felt safe around me. Whether she felt that way or not, I did not know. 

"So... Why are they asking for me?" She asked and I simply ignored her- like that would stop her. "I think it might be a mistake. I'm not mentally insane or anything," Yeah, but she was a chatterbox. "Can't you just excuse me? I'll just-"

I couldn't take her voice anymore. It was making me feel these weird things that I didn't feel comfortable with. Her tone was so sultry and she wasn't even trying or even realizing! It sent tingles and waves of shock through my ears and if I were to be looking into her eyes while she was talking, I was going to completely lose it.

Without even thinking, I slammed her petite body against the cement and she hissed, staring at me in disbelief. God, I hate how she looked at me that way like I just killed her puppy. I gripped her wrists and pinned them above her head.

"0205, you only speak when we tell you to," I ground out. Her accusing eyes shut tightly and tears started to slip out. The more the silent tears fell, the more I felt like the biggest jerk on earth. 

"Stop," I could barely speak, feeling my throat constrict as I watched her sob underneath me. "Stop crying," I finally managed to utter those two words. I peeled myself off of her, her lingering scent following me. Once we reached the office, she rushed in and barely brushed past me, head down.

Crap. I'm seriously starting to lose it. This girl is nothing but another inmate, another number, among the others. Nothing special.

For the next few hours, I have been spacing out and barely paying attention to work. I felt like a total jackass for making that inmate cry, but it's not like she'll keep crying. At one point or another, she'll harden up and turn bad like all these other women. 

All of a sudden, my earpiece started going crazy with voices mingling together, but I eventually caught on to what they all were yelling;

"We have an escaped inmate!!!"

"Detain her now!!!"

"Bring her to ultimate detention cell!"

"Get her to solitary confinement!" 

I shook my head, feeling sorry for that poor inmate that was going to spend who knows how long in the Devil's Den. A lot of the women who go in there never come back sane. I sat back in my office, tapping in my report for the day while a nagging thought in the back of my mind kept telling me that I was forgetting something. 

"SH*T!" I cursed loudly and raced out my office.

I completely forgot to inmate 0205 back to her cell. If a guard finds her alone, she'll be in deep- 

"Oh !" I cursed again and ran towards the doctor's office where some guards were filing out. I ran up to one of them and tapped his shoulder, panting. "Which inmate did you detain?"

"Uh..." He checked his paper. "Inmate 0205." He named and I had to stop myself from cursing once more.

Two days passed and I was still kissing Aiden's to get inmate 0205 released. He was adamant on keeping her inside, hoping she would harden up and be more rough in bed or something- his idea not mine. I don't know why I'm doing so much for this one inmate, but the thought of such an innocent being turn into a monster sickened me. She might still have a chance.

Finally, I got his permission to release her which was one of the earliest releases from the solitary confinement cell ever. I sighed and immediately made my way towards the cell, receiving threats, taunts and curses on the way. But when I got there, a guard had already released her. I grunted and felt like I wasted my time for nothing going here.

Dragging my feet back to my office, I enjoyed a quiet lunch, slightly annoyed by the silence. It would be nice to have someone to chat with, but the inmates were crazy and the guards were crazier. I felt like the only sane person here- me and Yoon Ji, but she was too old and too clingy for my liking. 

When I started picking at my food, I ended up dumping it all in the trash before doing my runs on inspection. I was curious to see how inmate 0205 was holding up. As I approached her section where her cell was, I heard a ruckus, a different kind of ruckus from the usual one. 

"Yu- Number 0205!" I heard someone shout and it sounded frantic which made my feet move faster. "You can't do that!" She screeched.

The moment I rounded the corner, I saw inmate 0205 being forcefully dragged by Aiden. I saw the glint in his eyes, I knew his intentions and they were disgusting. I watched as fear filled her eyes and I knew then and there that she was in fact different- too pure. Most of the times, no matter who it was, the inmates would jump at the occasion to get some action in here. 

"Where are you bringing her?" I bellowed, standing tall against my superior. She kept her back to me, rigid from nothing but fear. 

"Nothing that concerns you, officer." He spat back, irritated that I was stalling him from fulfilling his activities. The grip around her wrist tightened and I could tell by the wince she let out.

"That inmate is in my section and is under my charge." I announced and a satisfied smirk appeared on his chapped lips. 

"Huh. Finally taking a chance? Go for it then." I knew what he meant and I didn't want him to think of it that way, but I couldn't care less; the most important part is getting her away from him.

I was just about to go and grab her, but him being the that he is, he pushed her to the ground. She struggled to get up, but he kicked her back down which sent her clenching her teeth. 

"That's how you established dominance." He eyed her like he would eye a piece of meat. "You get them on all fours." That might have been the most erted things I have ever heard him say. To make things worse, he gripped her hair and yanked it back, making her scream and I had to dig my fingers into my palms to stop me from exploding. 

"Get away from me!" She was trying to be strong, but I could see the tears lining her eyes, but his lust was too thick to even see. 

"She's a feisty one. Surely rough later on." He smirked, making me cringe internally. When he was gone, I walked up to her and just froze. I didn't know what to do; she looked so broken that I was afraid to even try to get her up. 

"Get up, inmate." I ground out, feeling something inside me snap and shatter. "I said get on your feet, number 0205." I repeated and walked closer, but she simply kept sniffling as her body shook.

I crouched down and saw a few tears staining the floor, making me feel instantly guilty for not doing anything sooner. "Yuri, it's time to go." I said softly. I remembered her name from looking through her files earlier. 

She lifted her head and I instantly felt my breath get caught in my throat. Her eyes were still as beautiful as ever, glistening with tears. The tip of her nose was red and I found that extremely cute to me. I felt myself feeling something different and I needed that to stop. I swore to never have a relationship with an inmate and she was ruining that plan. 

Slowly, she got to her feet and started walking with me following behind her. I finally noticed her change in attire; her toned stomach on full display. I my lips, my only way of displaying my temptation. Although I like her new style, I just hoped that her innocence was still there.

I spent another few minutes in my office to recollect myself. I looked at my schedule to see that it changed. Instead of keeping an eye at the inmates in the rec room, I had to be at the cafeteria since a fight broke out. I groaned at the prospect of being close to the disgusting food they serve here. I feel bad for those who had to eat it three times a day. I feel bad for Yuri-

! No, I cannot feel bad for her. She is none of my concern. 

With only a few minutes to spare, I was in the cafeteria, stepping over the mountains of what the lunch ladies call food. I heard footsteps approaching and I already knew that it was the inmates charged to clean the mess up thanks to my earpiece. I threw some dirty rags over my shoulder before turning around.

"What happened here?" The inmate, who I recognized as someone's cellmate, asked.

"A fight," I muttered, my eyes training on Yuri.

"What is he doing here?" I found it cute how she thought she was being discreet. 

"He's guarding us," The other girl, who I think is called Hyoyeon, said bluntly without trying to whisper. "But he's better than the other guards." I don't know. I felt like I should have praised her for saying good things about me to Yuri.

"Off to work, ladies," I announced.

"Y-Yes, sir," Yuri squeaked and I had to force back a smile. I overheard the girls muttering things to each other which caused me to extend my ear a bit more to hear them. "Oh," Yuri cleared . "I-I don't give a... A ...?" I chuckled lowly which went unheard by the girls.

They started cleaning it all went smoothly until Hyoyeon cut her hand on a bent piece of metal. I was about to send her off with another officer until Yuri came up with the proposition of taking over the entire shift by herself. I get that she wanted to reduce her sentence, but this shift was valid for both girls and yet she was still up to do it on her own. It just showed how kind she really was.

As I watched Yuri work, I noticed how she would rub her arm from time to time and a few sweat beads formed on her forehead. Without even thinking, I shrugged my uniform jacket off and hung it on a chair before rolling my sleeves up. I grabbed a cloth and started clearing a table. I felt someone's gaze burning into the side of my head and I looked up to connect with her eyes, those warm, brown eyes. 

"What?" I tried to sound irritated.

"Nothing," She shook her head, but I could see a small smile forming on her lips. "Thank you," 

"It's just cleaning-"

"For earlier, too. I didn't get the chance to thank you properly. So... Thanks." She cut me off and I could do nothing but keep quiet. What do I say to her?

"You're weird," Good job, idiot!

"Pardon?" God, even the way she speaks is so innocent that it made me crack a small smile. "Says the guard helping an inmate clean. Are you even allowed to do that?" She rolled her eyes and that sparked something inside me. 

"I'm second in command so I guess I can." I simply shrugged.

The conversation flowed perfectly as we kept cleaning. I had a hard time trying to stop myself from bursting, because I found out what everyone called Aiden. I let out a few chuckles here and there and I felt... Different inside. Just as she was saying something, I suddenly received a message from my ear piece.

"Sir, I need to relieve some stress, if you know what I mean," Another intoxicated guard was coming. "Get her ready because I'm becoming restless," He growled like some wild animal which made me scowl.

I don't know why he decided to choose Yuri, but I got the feeling that it was Aiden's doing. I couldn't let anyone do anything inappropriate to her or even touch her. This possessive side inside me started coming out and I didn't even know what I was doing.

The next thing I knew, I had Yuri pinned against the wall as she whimpered. The fear in her eyes wrenched my heart and made my chest constrict. I'm such an . This was the only way I could think of to make the other guard back off, letting him know that I had a claim on her. I pressed myself against her as the footsteps approach and buried my face into her neck. She smelled divine and I had to suppress a moan. I just wanted to hug her, but that would only freak her out even more. 

The following events weren't any better. Yuri was furious once I was off of her and she looked like she would smack me. I'm glad she didn't even though I deserved it. She ignored me most of the times and, for some unexplainable reason, I couldn't bare it. So, like the that I am, I went to her.

Just around the corner, I head Aiden talking to some inmates. Not just any inmate, my inmate- I mean, Yuri. He was being inappropriate as usual and that wouldn't bother me as much, but since it's Yuri, it makes it worse. I quickly ran up behind him with an excuse.

"Sir, a fight broke out at the basketball court." I said and he mumbled about something about women, but I ignored him, because I was looking at Yuri's back. It wasn't anything special, but it felt special.

I don't know. 

I'm too corny.

"Look whose here, number 0205." Hyoyeon smirked and I could see Yuri visibly tensing while clenching her fists. 

"!" She cursed loudly and I could never mask my shock. How could such a vulgar word escape her innocent mouth? "What do you need, Officer?" I could hear the sneer in her tone which made me want to punish her for that. I have a thing for respect. She looked so disgusted at my presence.

"I just wondered if you needed me to take you to the shower." I shrugged and she seemed opposed to the idea. I could feel the humiliation and rejection just coming at me without her having to say anything. 

"I can manage. Besides, shouldn't you be going to the basketball court? You know, to help you... Kind?" 

Ouch. That hurt.

But I have to admit, she looked incredibly hot when she's mad and snappy. The only thing I could do was shake my head and turn the other way. God, I must be in over my head for still feeling and attraction even after all that disrespect.

I also have to admit something else. I've always had this hidden creepy side that I suppress, but couldn't at that moment. I followed Yuri to the bathroom. Not because I was a ert, but because I was afraid of the erted women in the stalls. I've had many cases of ual harassing in here so I'm just looking out for her. 

"Hello, honey thighs," I heard a voice echo through the bathroom and that even made me shiver. I heard a recognizable squeak that could only be Yuri's and I immediately rushed to her aid, but it seemed like she had the same idea.

We both came into collision as she was sprinting out in nothing but a towel. I gave my most menacing look at the inmate that dared to harm her and she instantly backed away.

"I guess it's not just my kind that needs help," I smirked, proud at my comeback.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and started walking off.

"But don't you need a shower? Smells like you need one." I joked, not knowing where this side comes from instead of my usual colder one.

"And get my ity stolen? No thanks," I stared at her in shock. With a body like that, how could she still be a ? I gaped at her and scanned her silhouette in that small towel. "Just forget I said anything."

Without even thinking, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her while ignoring her constant whining. I just brought her to my office and somehow managed to persuade her into taking a shower there. I don't know. I was curious to see how she would smell with my shampoo. While she took a shower, I was left to contemplate about her question. She asked me why I was so nice to her compared to everyone else. It should be simple to answer, right?

Soon, she emerged from my mini bathroom with steam gushing from the sides. She then asked me if she could stay and I was shocked to say the least. Just a second ago, she hated my guts and would have stabbed them if she had gotten the chance, but then she wanted to spend half an hour with me? When I wouldn't answer her, she started rambling on about how it was fine and whatnot. 

I suddenly reached out and grabbed her wrist. "It's alright, I don't mind." I smiled gently. 

>>Time skip>>

Sometime in the middle of the night, I heard some voices and footsteps outside my office. I woke up groggily and didn't even bother to put on a shirt. Just as I opened my office door, Yuri passed and our eyes connected for a second before she rushed off behind this scrawny guy. She entered a room with him which caused something to boil within me.

I didn't like the way Yuri and I ended things especially since we had gotten so close. And now I see her chasing after someone else made me want to punch anything. Except her, of course. The situation made me look down at my abs, noticing how defined they are.

How could she possibly choose that stick over me?!

I quickly followed after them, but didn't bother to just bust in like that. I stayed outside, steaming and fighting an internal rage. All until the door opened and Yuri collided with my chest. I looked at her and back to the room where the scrawny guy was madly blushing. It was visible that he was kissed.

"What the Hell are you doing... With him?!" I seethed. 

When she didn't want to answer my questions properly, I held her forearm. "We need to talk."

Forgetting all about my sleep deprived self, I paced my office while she sat on my bed. I contemplated about what to tell her, but it seemed like everything was stuck in either my head or my throat. 

"I'm sorry," Was the only thing I came up with.

She raised a brow. "Because?" 

Just like that, the words started flowing out and I explained my situation to her, pouring my heart into every single word I spoke. I already felt ty for what I did to her, but now that she was stuttering an apology made me feel even worse. We both seemed to be flustered and just everywhere, but she knew just what to do.

Her slim arms wrapped around my neck and pulled me to her and mine automatically went around her waist to close the gap. It was like our bodies were molded together and it felt just right. I felt my body loosen with all the stress that has been trapped inside me slowly seeping out. She was like my remedy.

We both landed on the bed and I nuzzled my face into her neck where it felt all too natural. "Thank you," I whispered before falling asleep.

And God, that must have been the best sleep I've had in years. 

But it only lasted a few minutes, because she was scrambling my thoughts with her hand running through my hair. It was so soothing that I could just fall into an endless state of sleep, but the fact that she was here with me, in the same bed, made me want to stay awake as much as possible to enjoy every lasting second. Suddenly, I felt her hand freeze.

"Why did you stop?" I asked, but couldn't manage to open my eyes.

"What? Oh," She mumbled.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked and changed my head position to get a good look at her even in the dark. 

We were pulled into a conversation about what she was doing with that scrawny guy named Kevin. She talked about what she wanted to do on the outside and I had the hardest time faking my happiness for her. Was it selfish of me to want her to prolong her sentence so she could stay with me? Of course it was. She was suffering in here and I could see how happy she seemed just talking about leaving here... Leaving me.

"Answer something for me?" I asked and she seemed confused. "Truthfully." I added. Our faces were suddenly mere inches away from each other. "What would you do if I kissed you?" I asked and she seemed to be frozen. "Well, Yuri?" 

"I-..." I could just feel the rejection coming.

I'm so dumb. Why the hell did I even ask that when we were just at each other's throats a second ago? I really need to work on my game or something, because that other guy got a kiss and-

I felt her lips pressed up against mine as well her body. It was like we were both playing a game of chess; with every move she made, I had a counter one. It was pure bliss and perfection which made me pray for us to develop stronger lungs to kiss even longer.

>>Time skip>>

*The moment you've all been waiting for!*

She said that she loved me. I said it back. And now I'm stuck in my office with my hand running through my hair repeatedly and my feet making dents in the floor form all my pacing. I was nervous about our relationship- whatever the hell our relationship was. She was going to be released soon and be successful in life while I was to stay here to look after prisoners for all my life. 

This is how I think it will go down. I will try and keep the relationship alive while she thinks that I will only drag her down further. The next thing we know, she's breaking up with me for some other more fit and successful. Probably some jackass with endless pockets of money and a good looking face...

"!" I cursed loudly and smacked my desk top. I'm going to get hurt and I can't let that happen. 

"Is everything okay?" Yoon Ji asked as she passed by. I just looked at her and the machines in my mind started working.

Without even waiting, I grabbed her wrist and pushed her against my desk table. She squealed while letting her things fall to the ground as I encased her lips with mine. I felt disgusted with myself, but kept going at it anyways. Yoon Ji was way older than me and was nowhere near Yuri. What made it worse was the fact that Yoon Ji started kissing back. I held back a gag for as long as possible.

"Lu Han?" I snapped my head up to see Yuri at the door with the most broken hearted face I had ever seen. The look she gave me feel like a wrench was piercing my heart and twisted it around. I quickly masked my emotions and turned back to Yoon Ji before forcing myself to kiss her again.

This was for the best.

A/N:

Is anyone out there?

Well, this chapter took longer than expected D:

I'm trying to update before my final exams so I would tell you guys to expect more updates, but there are no promises...

Anyways, sorry if this chapter was a bit disappointing in a way :/