We Aren't F4!

The Most Popular Boys In School

Kim Jongin's ears were met with an obnoxious rap the next morning. This was a ringtone of one of his close acquaintances. Jongin sighed. He knew who it was and no doubt they would want to find out the details about what happened last week.

He was too tired to get out of bed and so to pass time he was playing Piano Tiles on his phone. The sudden sound shocked him and then splat! The phone had fallen square on his face. He groanced in both pain and annoyance before answering. He was met with a low voice.

"Do you hear what the juniors are saying about you?"

Kim Jongin ran his hands through his light hair anxiously. Of course it would take Yifan barely any time at all to find out despite being in Canada. "I'm sorry hyung, it won't happen again"

“You bet your it won’t,” he said in clear and succinct English. Though Jongin was still learning English, he could pick up the word “”. After all, when pretty foreign girls would walk past him they would always compliment his. Before Jongin could make Yifan any more frustrated, Jongin had hung up.  

“That’s right, we’re the at the top of the chain!” Jongin said to no one in particular shortly after ending the call.

And they were. Jongin, along with Yifan, and two juniors; Sehun and Tao, were the idols of the school. In addition to being devilishly handsome, the four boys were naturally smart and gifted musically, and (when they wanted to be) kind. Jongin chuckled recalling one time in which Yifan had overheard a boy whisper to his friend that they were the school’s “wannabe F4s”. No one saw that boy again but it can be safely assumed that the unfortunate guy was met with a fate worser than suffering through a red card. No one stood up to them and there was no way that Jongin was letting that freak off so easily. He grinned mischeviously as he said the boys name "Do Kyungsoo" in his velvety voice. He his lips hungrily at how the boy's name rolled of his tongue so smoothly. 

*

"Kyungsoo-yah, you're supposed to help me with my anatomy homework!" The dinosaur with the high-cheekbones whinged. Kyungsoo was over at his friend's house and, since his friend was even more horrible at studying than he was at dancing, Kyungsoo had accepted the other's pleas to tutor him. 

"Mmhh.."

Jongdae could see that Kyungsoo obviously wasn't paying attention. For one, Kyungsoo was scrolling through his phone, his fingers pausing on the screen every now and then.

"What are you looking at?" Jongdae asked curiously, kneeling over Kyungsoo's bed and peering over his back to catch a quick glimpse. Kyungsoo gasped before shielding his most prized possession with his clammy hands. Ever since Jongin had ordered for his old phone to be smashed to bits, Kyungsoo had gained some serious trust issues when it came to his precious technology. Jongdae smirked upon seeing what the other was looking at; photos of the famous singer Kim Minseok. 

"Wow, oppa is so y in that photo!" Jongdae pointed to a photo where the singer was on a lollipop, hair stylishly dishevelled and collarbone exposed. The word "Never" was written on his bandana and Kyungsoo could not help but think how his best friend would never have a chance with the pop sensation. It wasn't hard to see how infatuated Jongdae was with his "oppa" as he would always go around his own school blatantly professing his love for the older to his peers. It didn't take long for him to be known as by "that gay kid who has the hots for that gay idol". Kyungsoo found himself smiling at this thought.

"By the way hyung, how's your new school?"

The smile was all but completely eradicated from his face at this question. 

Jongdae chose to ignore Kyungsoo's unwilling expression, continuing with "Omo! I've heard that Kim Jongin goes there. Isn't he a total hottie?" Jongdae fanned his face, huffing dramatically.

Kyungsoo's eyes narrowed judgementally. There was no way the dinosaur had just said that about Kyungsoo's tormentor. 

"Oh come on, you can't really not think he isn't a total stud!" He prodded. "You know what Kyungsoo hyung? You shouldn't be helping me with my anatomy homework you should be helping yourself to his anatomy" He winked. 

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to retort but no words came out and he found himself getting hot out of what the other was not-so-subtly insinuating. 

*

Jimin found herself panting and straightening her short hair and school dress - which she has pulled up a little bit too short. She was late and it was all Mina's fault; that girl really could not keep her hands to herself that morning. Jimin took a deep breath before opening the door of her first class and was met with the stares of many students and her history teacher. Just her luck. Of all days to start a heated lecture. The smartly dressed teacher gestured for her to take her seat before continuing his enticing speech about "The Korean War". Jimin had what was close to a photographic memory so she never took notes and instead took the rest of the session to calm down. 

As soon as the teacher uttered that "class is dissmissed" and rushed out the door, everything became lively again and the students started to chatter. She could hear some general conversation like "Didn't Yixing seun-seng nim look luscious today" come from the class president Junmyeon who wore an innocent facade but in reality was the known ual deviant of the school. She narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips distastefully when she heard one girl whisper to her friend "that Jimin was probably herself off to a guy before class". Her friend giggled and Jimin found herself scoffing. Well yeah but its not a guy...

She kept reminding herself that what she and Mina had was just for pleasure because she was pretty positive that she had gained a liking for the cute new boy. 

*

Kim Jongin was more than determined to find Do Kyungsoo at recess and so he stomped off to the cafeteria where he was told by a junior (he may have threatened that student violently) that Kyungsoo would sit. He would be alone too. Jongin was sure that he made sure of that because Kyungsoo was still considered "fresh meat" but Jongin was surprised and angered to see that the fair-skinned boy was not alone. Next to him was Chanyeol who was using a bit too much skinship with Jongin's prey. Chanyeol's eyes were focused solely on the other and his body was so close that he was practically grinding up against him. This didn't go unnoticed by the other students either; they were all watching and were clearly enjoying the show. Especially a certain class president. 

Before Jongin knew, he had grabbed Chanyeol up by his collar, the school's lion stitching threatening to come off. He found himself growling, almost like an animal and yet this wasn't enough to wipe the smug look of Chanyeol's face. 

"Woah Woah, calm down I was just getting to know the new boy" Chanyeol reassured, attempting to save his stitching from Jongin's wrath. 

"You don't get to know him! While he is still "fresh meat" he is the property of those at the top of the chain!" Jongin found himself becoming furious with the happy virus. He didn't hate Chanyeol because he was the only person who wasn't so afraid of the four and Jongin had found that refreshing but now Chanyeol was pushing his buttons. 

Jongin slowly put Chanyeol down and averted his gaze to the boy with more white in his eyes than dark brown. He grabbed onto Kyungsoo's wrist and yanked him out of the cafeteria, leading him through the empty room. Jongin could fathom by the way that his target wasn't struggling against his grasp that he was still in shock. Good.  

When he had finally reached a red locker he all but threw his target against it and he could not help but think of how this scenario was all to familiar. Kyungsoo's eyes turned to the ground again, his eyes growing wide and his thumbs twiddling nervously.

"Look, if you're mad about what I did before, I really didn't mean it an-" Kyungsoo began but was cut off when Jongin placed two fingers on his heart-shaped lips.

"You bet your I'm mad"

Kyungsoo closed his eyes, bracing for the punch that he had been so lucky to miss out on last time. This time he would not be so lucky. He waited, but no punch was made. He opened his eyes and found Jongin staring at him intensely 

"Just for the record, what you said before about my being small...one day you'll find out that you are so wrong about that." and with that he his heel satisfied, leaving Kyungsoo in a daze. What just happened?

*

Note: So I'm gonna try to make this a daily thing but if not then every two days so yeah i don't think this counts as a one shot anymore (I'll have to remove it). I already have like 12 subscribers in just one day from one really small, really dodgy chapter and I was so shocked when I saw that so Kamsahmnida!! Thankyou lovelies!!

Oooh so it looks like Jongin is becoming very interested in Kyungsoo anticipate more interactions! I just came up with a backstory to go with it as well and one big hint to that is the lion stitching on the school shirt but i won't give away any more than that! My cover is so pathetic I know, i like made it on comic life but whatever and also since I'm new it would be cool if i figured out how to add photos and stuff too~ Buing Buing 

Love you all! Enjoy some Kaisoo and Jimna (is that a thing? idk? It is now) selcas

 

Kaisoo: 

 

Jimin and Mina: