My Protector...

The Most Popular Boys In School

Warning: Coarse language + Aggressive behaviour

***

Kyungsoo clenched his eyes shut - bracing for the impact - but it never came. When he fluttered his eyes open all he could make through his fuzzy vision was someone’s broad back shielding him. Jongin? ‘Did he just protect me?’ Kyungsoo wondered, bringing down his defensive hands from his face slowly.

“Don’t” Jongin uttered somehow exhaustedly.  

Kyungsoo’s vision came back to him steadily and he could finally get the bigger picture; Yifan’s arm was outstretched and his balled-up hand was pressing into Jongin’s stomach with the latter hunching over, spitting blood on the floor. Kyungsoo immediately paled when Jongin dropped to the floor. Is he dead. Is he dead. Is he dead.  

Suddenly a high-pitched scream engulfed the few students’ in the classroom; a junior girl had walked past the classroom, seen Jongin and assumed the worst similarly to Kyungsoo. In that instant, time unfroze itself.

“HELP! SOMEONE HELP!” Kyungsoo shouted, “MINA” The frightened boy glanced towards the girl who was now shaking uncontrollably; she had begun foaming at the mouth. She won’t be any help. Kyungsoo looked around desperately.

"The 's going on here?"

Chanyeol’s deep voice had become music to Kyungsoo’s ears at that moment. On his side was Baekhyun, sharing an equally worried expression. They fished through the curious crowd of students before Kyungsoo could properly see them.

“Jongin got hurt,” the panicking boy indicated hurriedly towards his frenemy who seemed to be coughing violently on the floor now. Good, not dead. Not dead.

Baekhyun gasped, clasping his hand over his mouth and the white part of Chanyeol’s eyes overtook his pupil. Yifan was frozen in shock too; he wanted to hurt the “new kid”, not his friend.

“Help me carry him to the nurse” The unexpectedly dependable boy motioned for Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to take either side of Jongin’s arm while he took a hold of his lanky legs. Jongin struggled slightly. Stay still, this isn’t the time to be manly.

“This is the nurse’s office” Chanyeol identified the shabby-looking door, taking Jongin from Baekhyun and Kyungsoo and hauling him over his shoulder princess-style. Why did he ask for help in the first place?

Without further ado, the three (conscious) boys opened the door to reveal Mr. Yixing and a beautiful orange-haired woman…. face?

*

It was another boring day in the life of the class principle, Kim Junmyeon. Despite his obvious efforts to win the heart of his dame, alas time after time Mr. Yixing had rejected him. Junmyeon didn’t understand exactly why this was. There was the indisputable fact that a relationship between teacher and student was forbidden but Junmyeon quite liked the thrill of the idea of a secret love affair.

Yeobo, I’m home!” Mr. Yixing would announce in his y, manly voice.

“Honey, I haven’t had enough time to cook us dinner!” Junmyeon would reply in his apron before slipping on a wet floor.

“That’s okay” Mr. Yixing would assure, catching Junmyeon by his waist with his quick reflexes. “I can eat you up instead”

The odd boy grinned inappropriately at his fantasy, unintentionally freaking out Xi Luhan who was walking the opposite way. Someday the teacher would have no choice but to fall for him. 

“Junmyeon-ah, come quick! Something’s happened to Kim Jongin of class 3-B” A pretty girl with long black hair and a mature face called out; Seol-hyun. Junmyeon frowned at the content of the information. Lame.

“I don’t want to be rude..but well..hmm...how should I say this…” Junmyeon mocked sarcastically, an invisible beard “I don’t give a about high school guys like Kim Jongin who can’t fulfill my desires”

The girl simply rolled her eyes and grabbed onto Junmyeon’s pale wrist, suddenly running off with him to her destination. “Yah!” Junmyeon protested, trying to claw at her fingers but it was fruitless. , This girl is strong.

“It looked pretty serious, I don’t know.” She continued to gossip, ignoring the class president’s pathetic objections “I mean even Mr. Yixing was there and everything” Mr. Yixing? Oh girl. Hold on, girl.

“Yixing seun seung nim was there?” Junmyeon asked not even trying to hide the excitement in his voice. The teacher had been avoiding him really well lately and all Junmyeon wanted was to have an excuse to meet him outside of school. ‘Thank you Kim Jongin for this chance!’ He secretly appreciated in his mind. Even though you’re a and I hate you!

"Yeah, that teacher you like was there but he was also with that y-looking unnie" She said, pointing at a lady wearing a white coat and smoking a cigarette after they had reached what looked like to be the infirmary.

“Yeah, that teacher you like was there but he was also with that y-looking unnie”

“…also with that y-looking unnie”

“with that y-looking unnie”

Unbeknownst to Seol-hyun, these words were more than enough to crush a certain somebody’s soul into dust.

*

“J-Jongin-ah” a worried feminine voice spoke. “Gwenchana? You okay?”

Jongin - it seems – had dozed off shortly after arriving to the infirmary. At first he couldn’t remember much but then…it all came back flowing back as unpleasantly as diarrhea.

“Do you remember anything? You were in a fight. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo saved you”

Jongin tilted his head up to see that the one who was speaking to him was Kwon Mina. He processed her words sluggishly. Fight? Saved me? Who, Kyungsoo?

The injured boy opened his mouth to voice his questions but found his throat to not function and gasped for air instead, choking. Mina (who noticed this) quickly smacked his back to help, rubbing her palm on his toned back. Jongin looked back up to the girl who helped him to find her with a dull look.

“I-I couldn’t do anything” She mumbled, “You could have died and I was standing there like a pack of potatoes”

“Mina, it’s alright. I’m alright” He assured, getting up from the plain infirmary bed and hugging her tightly but pulling back quickly. Where was Kyungsoo?

‘This is it, Jimin-ah’ Mina thought in her head ‘I will do as you have said and I will go after Jongin-ah, forgetting Yuna sunbae-nim without burden’

"To be honest Jongin-ah" She began nervously "I-I like you" and before Jongin could react, the short girl had stood on her tippy-toes to plant her soft lips onto his rather rough ones. She kissed slowly as if waiting for Jongin to respond. He didn't. But he didn't push her off either.

She broke the kiss and stood away from the golden-haired boy, smiling bitterly “You are too kind” before ing open the door and running out, pushing past a certain doe-eyed boy who happened to be just walking in and slamming the door behind.

“Um...” Kyungsoo started, sensing the tenseness of the situation still in the air. “I guess I’ll come back later to check on you then” and made a move for the door. A warm hand took his wrist and he spun around to face the culprit.

“As you can see I’m not in a good mood right now so I really do need company” He led Kyungsoo to the bed where they both sat down, making it creak in protest slightly. Jongin only stared at the elder and both boys were silent.

“T-that pretty girl kissed you so you should run after her instead of being with someone like me” Kyungsoo broke the silence.

Jongin raised an eyebrow at this remark. “And what’s wrong with someone like you?”

Kyungsoo only stared at the serious-looking boy incredulously, searching for any hint that he was lying. He finally sighed when he found none.

“You’re crazy,” He concluded, allowing Jongin to snuggle up next to him for warmth (despite the fact that there was a perfectly warm blanket within arm’s reach.)

*

Chanyeol coughed irritably when he walked into the infirmary to quite a sight; Kyungsoo and Jongin huddled comfortably together on the bed. Both of their eyes were closed and the younger of the two even seemed to be snoring. Are they sleeping?

The baritone-voiced boy’s eyes narrowed judgmentally when he caught sight of Jongin’s hand snaking down to the hem of Kyungsoo’s school shirt, fiddling with it prior to pulling it up slightly. Even in his sleep that guy is annoying!!

Kyungsoo squirmed in his sleep at Jongin's unconscious action and his owl-like eyes fluttered open, taking in Chanyeol before him. Chanyeol's heart skipped a beat at this cute action.

“S-sorry I didn’t mean to wake you, it’s just that um Mr. Yixing wants you back in class since Jongin is feeling better now” He informed, unknowingly taking his hat that read ‘Illegal’ of his head to reveal his thick head of hair.

“You look cute without your hat” Kyungsoo mumbled sleepily, causing the tall (and very anxious) boy to blush furiously. No one’s ever said that before.

Kyungsoo yawned and stretched his arms out accidently punching Jongin right in the face, who woke with a start.

“Sorry!” Kyungsoo apologized quickly to which Jongin ignored because he was to busy sizing up Chanyeol.

“What do you want, Hyung?” He spat in an attempt to act menacing but still trying to fight of sleep.

“I want to talk to Kyungsoo” Chanyeol retorted, unmoving. Upon hearing his name, (the dazed) Kyungsoo sat up from the bed and followed Chanyeol out the door. Chanyeol peeked through the slit of the window on the door to see if Jongin was eavesdropping. He was. Whatever.

“Kyungsoo hyung” Chanyeol shook Kyungsoo awake again who replied with a “mmh..”

 “You know that teddy I gave to you?”

“mmh..”

“I gave it to you for a reason. Ahh…this is so cheesy but I’ve seen guys do this in drama’s sometimes but then again those dramas have Lee Min Ho so I guess I can’t really compete but anyway I’m getting off track aren’t I?” He asked Kyungsoo who nodded silently

Chanyeol took a breath. “ Long story short, I want you to accept my heart. Be my boyfriend?” That sure as hell woke Kyungsoo up.

*

Note: Okay…two surprise confessions in one chapter.

Going to the dentist tomorrow so can’t update since I'll most probs be writhing around in pain (yay) and since I’m a loner today I thought why not? YOLO (joking I would never say Yolo, who do you think I am?)

Also, please enjoy my attempt at the intro for MIracles in December on Piano by copying and pasting the tumblr link:

http://civilizeddelinquent.tumblr.com/post/98220418676/miracles-in-december-intro-attempt