Why Would I?

The Most Popular Boys In School

Warning: Coarse language + Possible triggers

***

“There’s a history exam next week” Kyungsoo informed, causing Jongin to gulp.

The two boys were back at Jongin’s house studying late into the night after having escorted Jongdae home. Even though Kyungsoo’s friend’s house was only next door to Junmyeon’s it had been an effort to lug the drunken boy there but surprisingly not much of an effort to explain to his mother why her son was returned to her completely -faced.

Jongdae’s mother only blinked her tired eyes and gestured for them to bring her son in to rest on the living room couch before trudging back upstairs to her room.

‘She must be getting used to Jongdae’s by now’, Kyungsoo thought sympathetically.

"History exam...next week" Jongin repeated slowly, looking down at nothing in particular and tapping his fingers on the carpet beneath them.

Kyungsoo understood the younger's anxiety.

“Hey, don’t stress you’ll be fine. You’ve been doing great recently” He assured, burrowing his head back into Jongin’s textbook to continue marking the practice test. He didn’t even mind squinting to make out the kingka’s terrible handwriting as he ticked another answer correct.

“It’s true.” The principle piped up, sticking her head through the door sideways. Jongin groaned at his eavesdropping mother, earning a glare from the hip woman. Well what was she supposed to do by herself? Yuna still wasn’t home – that troublemaking girl.

She opened the door with her foot and entered with two bowls of freshly warmed soup. She then slammed the bowls down on the side table unceremoniously and blew on the food to cool it down. Jongin has a sensitive stomach at times.

“I must thank you child.” She acknowledged as she hands the bigger bowl to Kyungsoo who awkwardly stretches out his arms to take it. “My Jongin used to be a hopeless case before you came along”.

Kyungsoo blushed at the (kind of) compliment. “I-it’s nothing miss. I mean ma’am. Even if you didn’t choose me to teach your son, another person could tutor him just as well, if not better than me.”

"I don't think so" She replied, "Even if the person tutoring him was the smartest person on the planet, if he didn't like them they would get no where. He only puts in the effort for you." She paused. "I think he likes you"

Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered and his mouth dropped open whilst the light-haired boy opposite him mirrored his actions as well. As a friend, right? I mean, I haven't even known him that long and not to mention when we first met...

“Don’t spout rubbish!” Jongin chastised quickly. He needed to say anything to make his mum believe that she was wrong about that. “I don’t like him. We aren’t even friends. Why would I like this freaky bug?” He blurted out so many sentences arrogantly.

Park Choa couldn’t believe her elf ears at her son’s audacity. She sneaked a glance at her son’s tutor who seemed fragile and must probably be breaking apart due to the sudden words.

“Oh honey…” she gasped when she saw Kyungsoo’s white face.

*

“I finally caught up to you!” Yuna breathed heavily, as she tried to regain her composure. Who knew Mina could run. Her smug expression replaced itself on her face when she saw the back of Mina’s skinny figure and her beautiful raven hair.

“Mina” she identified, placing a hand on the girl’s angular shoulder and spinning her around 360 degrees like the way they do in the dramas.This is it. The perfect time to say what’s been wanted to say for so long…

“Wait, who the are you?” A shocked Yuna asked when the girl was facing her and…well it wasn’t a girl.

Now that Jongin’s sister took a closer look she could see that the figure – though skinny like Mina – was more angular and even sort of bulky. The “woman’s” face was the biggest give-away; the lipstick was all smothered and gross, the eyelids were coloured blacker than the night sky and the nose was even displaying some evident nose-hairs.

“Who am I? Who are you?” The guy snapped back, clicking his fingers.

“I don’t have time for this!” Yuna grunted as she pushed past him. And pushed past everyone else in her way too.

She slowed down her pace to take a glance at her wristwatch and immediately regretted it; it was way past her curfew. She needed to find Mina sooner rather than later if she didn’t want to get an annoying lecture from her mum; the last thing she wanted was for her father to be brought up again in conversation. He’s dead. What’s the point anyway? Just forget it.

Yuna took a deep sigh as she looked around her. She had gone too far and ended up in an alleyway of some sort. The lighting was too dark but she could make out the outline of a dumpster and could hear rats and vermin scurry about.

“Not the best place to be…” she mumbled to herself, shoving her hands in her pocket from the sudden chill. She turned to leave but a sudden croaky voice caused her to freeze.

“Well aren’t you a pretty thing?” a man in a hooded jacket spoke as he emerged from behind the dumpster. “What’s a girly like you doing out here so late?”

Her eyes widened as she took a step  back.

 “S-stay away!” she stuttered.

This only seemed to excite the man as he latched himself on to her. She kicked and screamed but he continued to feel her curves and mounds. Yuna snapped her eyes shut, willing for it all to go away. And suddenly she felt the man’s weight off her. Her eyes fluttered open and the first colour her eyes registered was orange.

“TARD. HOW DARE YOU LAY A FILTHY HAND ON A YOUNG LADY?” The orange-haired lady snarled, as she choked the man ferociously. The man’s eyes rolled to the back of his head as his chapped mouth foamed. Yuna could only stare in fright.

“Hyejeong, that’s enough” a calm voice ordered.

Hyejeong smirked as she threw the man to the ground. He whimpered and then scurried away hastily, similarly to the rats. Yuna’s gaze followed the suited man as he extended a hand to her.

“You’re lucky we were in the area, young lady”

*

“Umm…who wants to play games then?” Choa asked lamely in an attempt to get the boy’s moods up again. “We have monopoly, cluedo or…we can even go traditional style and play some Yutnori!” She exclaimed the last option excitedly.

“I should be getting home actually, ma’am” Kyungsoo said nervously. He took a brief look at Jongin who was sitting as far away from him as possible. “I think I’m not really wanted here.”

“Nonsense!” She insisted. “Jongin’s just being a crappy baby,” She said, causing the said boy to scoff disbelievingly. “So whattaya wanna play?”

“Mmm? I guess Yutnori is fun…” Kyungsoo answered with fake happiness.

Choa frowned slightly at the lack of appreciation for the game and her effort, sending her youngest child a glare for starting this. The ungrateful child only shrugged his shoulders and avoided her death stare.

"Yutnori it is! You remember how to play, right Kyungsoo? she asked, to which he nodded.

“Since I’m the master when it comes to this game, you and Jongin can be on the same team and play against me.” She explained as she took the box from the living room shelf and placed it on the carpet. The casually dressed principle opened the box and scattered the contents on the floor, revealing the four halved wooden sticks.

“Now help me face them down,” The blonde woman ordered. Like the good children they were, both Jongin and Kyungsoo made a grab for the same stick and because of that, there fingers touched momentarily.

“Ah!” They both gasped and withdrew their hands. There was no way to deny the electricity that coursed through Kyungsoo’s veins now, especially when he could feel a tightening in his pants.

“Ummm! I really should go now! Bye!” The chocolate-haired boy cried as he jolted from the floor. Choa only gave him a confused look and Jongin had his face in his hands.

He took the dazedness of the mother and son as an opportunity to escape. He slung his bag over his shoulder and darted out the door.

“Jongin!” Choa scolded. “Follow him!”

Jongin looked up at his mother and raised his eyebrows. She wasn’t seriously asking him to do that. To be honest, Jongin didn’t know what brought about his sudden outburst at Kyungsoo but he sure as hell wasn’t good at taking things back or apologizing.

“It’s really lateeee” She continued. “The kid’s too cute and there are too many weird people out there!”

And no sooner had she finished her sentence that Jongin darted out the door after him.

“Kyungsoo, wait up!” He yelled at the figure, which only seemed to speed up. “I’m sorry okay just… ah wait up!”

*

“Ohhhhhhhh....baby” Luhan’s alarm woke him with a start. Minseok's sweet voice played for a while longer until it faded out.

"Muqin! Mum!" He wheezed as he rolled off of the bed as a result of the sudden noise.

The chinese boy groaned in pain as he pushed himself off of the ground and limped his way over to his small bathroom. He lived in a tiny unit, in which his room was only built for one person but he didn't mind too much, as long as it was liveable. If it weren't for his demanding landlord he was sure he would be able to spend a lot more time there just lazing around like teens were supposed to. 

But, unfortunately for Luhan he had to work his off. After brushing his teeth and slipping on his waiter uniform, he made his way over to the marked calender. The date was written that it was a weekend but because of a certain he had to work these days too.

He strolled over to the mirror to fix his appearance; his eyes had unpleasant grey bags under them and his red-hair was all matted and dishevelled. The doe-eyed boy combed throught it while anticipating the events the day would throw at him when his cheap phone suddenly rang. 

He picked up on the third ring and answered proffessionally. "Hello, this is the Xi residence"

"Xi? What the...Chanyeol you said this was Luhan's phone number" He hears a lispy voice speak and Luhan's teeth clenched when he recognised the owner of the voice.

"Trust me, it is." He heard the giant give his famous hearty giggle, "Xi is his last name, dope."

"This is Luhan" Luhan responsed in agitation.

"Oh it is? Good. I just wanted to say good luck working all by yourself today, nerd." He chuckled menacingly.

"What?" Luhan squealed. "You heard the boss. You have to work too for what you did. How can you back out?"

"Are you retarded?" Sehun retorted. "I'm the Oh Sehun, I can do anything", and with that he ended the call abruptly.

Luhan screeched in anger as he threw the phone against the wall. He should have known Sehun couldn't be trusted.

*

Note: It's been tooooo long. Hopefull this chapter isn't too crappy :S

Spot the difference!

On a side note: Who is the cross-dressor? And who are Yuna's saviour? One of them is obviously Hyejeong the school nurse while the other is...?