I'm Sorry

The Most Popular Boys In School

Warning: Coarse Language, Disturbing Imagery.

***

"Chanyeol-sshi I’m sorry but right now a relationship isn’t something that I can be in. I transferred to this expensive school for a reason, you know. Unlike you, a rich person and also the majority of the people in this school, for me high school is the last chance to secure my future” Kyungsoo had stated firmly. “I have to concentrate on my studies. I’m sorry”

The ‘happy virus’ was nowhere to be seen the next day (both literally and figuratively.) In his place was a dark-circle-eyed, PMS-ing, smelly mess. This London Look was complete with unkempt bed hair that looked as if two orangutans had had hardcore on it. What an image.

“Wow, getting rejected ing ” The depressed boy exhaled, sitting up from his bed and blowing his nose with sandpaper tissue.

There was no way that Chanyeol could go to Saja Wang and face Kyungsoo after being turned down but Chanyeol’s mother was still a woman of traditions and would never allow for her son to take a day of school for the sake of love.

“Grow a pair!” She had yelled at him one time in the past when Chanyeol had become lovesick over a boy with charming heart-shaped nostrils.

“Mother, you can’t stop this feeling in my heart. Henry is the rock to my roll!” He had yelled back, defiantly.

These words were soon enough rewarded with a nasty paddling, courtesy of his Umma. Chanyeol’s buttocks cringed at the memory. This is why the giraffe had to fake the flu in order to be allowed to stay home. But it wasn’t easy. His mother was somewhat skeptical of his sudden illness and would burst into his room every now and then to check up on him and so he had to play the part well with fake coughing and sneezing every second or so.

Chanyeol thought back to his first love; Henry. Despite his declaration of love for the guy to his mum, within a few days he had found himself forgetting Henry. Would that happen with Kyungsoo?

Images of Kyungsoo flashed through his brain; Kyungsoo eating, Kyungsoo laughing, Kyungsoo taking a piss in the bathroom, unaware that Chanyeol was watching. He groaned in agony. What if this pain doesn’t go away?

BZZT. BZZT.

Chanyeol reached over to grab his phone, situated between his lamp and his guitar and read the message sent from a contact saved under 'the cute infant':

“Chanyeollie~ Sorry I’ve been in a cruddy mood lately but I’m feeling better now so let’s go out kay? (-_0). Meet you at the ice-cream place cause you still have to buy one for me! Can’t back out even if you want to ~ Buing Buing.

*

The principle rubbed her temples in frustration.

“Clarify for me how this happened again?”

Kyungsoo, Jongin and Yifan were all seated in the (very angry) principle’s office. Her legs were crossed over each other and she was shifting her gaze between the boys, staring holes deep into their eye sockets.

Kyungsoo nudged Yifan to speak, earning a glare from the irritable boy and a “Don’t ing touch me!”

“Yifan!” Park Choa silenced him, “You have just recently arrived and you are already causing trouble in my academy. I suggest you zip it young man because I have half a mind to expel your right here and now!”

The said boy grunted in annoyance and slid down even further on the office-type chair.

“And you!” She altered her chastising to her son. Jongin pointed a finger at himself incredulously. “I am sick and tired of having to cover up for your fighting. It’s true that you are my son but that does not mean that you can just do what you please.”

“Mrs. if I could just say something” a small voice spoke up and all eyes turned to him. “Back there…Jongin protected me”. Silence.

“Kyungsoo, you are a very sweet boy but I don’t believe you”

“Mum!”

“Well what am I supposed to believe, huh?” She inquired angrily to Jongin. “Ever since you were young all you would do was send new students to the infirmary. Don’t think I haven’t seen the cuts and bruises on their face, don’t think I haven’t seen their parent’s worried and tear-filled faces and don’t think that I haven’t personally signed off on some of those student’s transfer papers.”

Kyungsoo could see that Jongin was staring at his mother, at a loss for words. His mother took this opportunity to wrap up her lecture.

“You want me to actually believe that my no-good trouble-making son protected someone?” She questioned Kyungsoo, looking straight into his eyes.

Kyungsoo kept eye contact with her as the answer slipped out of his mouth. “Yes, ma’am.”

The principle was taken aback by the boy’s unexpected confidence.

"Your son is a good person. Despite what you've said about how he used to be, I'd like to say that although I too was "fresh meat", he has never hurt me. I think he's changed for the better."

The principle's face softened before she snapped out of it, coughing. "Yifan and Kyungsoo you are excused just...don't let me see you in here again"

Yifan jumped out of his seat with a “ing finally”, bumping Kyungsoo’s shoulder on the way out. Kyungsoo followed him out soon enough but not before looking over his shoulder and giving a reassuring nod to Jongin. It’ll be fine.

*

“Give it back!” Xi Luhan cried, bouncing up and down to try and reclaim his item that was dangling in the fingers of the boy towering over him.

“Haha, why is this so important to you, loser?” Oh Sehun sneered, whisking the necklace away from “loser’s” clumsy grasp.    

 “I-it was given to me by a friend!” Luhan made another grab for the necklace but was harshly pushed back by the silver-haired boy, who clipped it on to his own neck.

“Friend?” Sehun questioned, furrowing his eyebrows “Boyfriend?” He gasped “friend?”

Luhan dropped his arms to his side and bit his pinkish lip in vexation. For a while he was silent and Sehun studied his baby-face in puzzlement. Why did he stop entertaining me?

The red-headed boy began to sniffle and Sehun's eyes widened when he realized that the boy was crying. Student's walking past turned to look and some (brave) student's even shook their heads at Sehun, assuming that he had made the clown cry (which he did).

‘Crap, I’m no good with these situations, what should I do?’ Sehun panicked in his mind. His large hand found itself on the crying boy’s back, rubbing comforting circles into it.

“Ahh, there there, don’t cry” He attempted to console.

Luhan had stopped sniffling and Sehun felt proud of himself, thinking that he was the cause for this cessation. All of a sudden he felt a hand on his neck and his breathing picked up.

“Got it!” Luhan grinned victoriously at a bewildered Sehun. Sehun moved the hand from Luhan’s back up to his own neck; the necklace was gone. His crescent eyes moved to Luhan’s hand where he located the heart shaped pendant attached to the silver chain.

Sehun 'tch'-ed and kicked Luhan in the leg, causing the latter to fall on the ground and whimper in pain. A few students had now stopped in their tracks but did nothing.

“Hey! Leave him alone!” Kyungsoo huffed, approaching the two without even a hint of fear etched on his white face.

Sehun stepped back as Kyungsoo kneeled down to help Luhan up.

“Whatever. I’ve lost interest anyway now that Jongin’s has shown up” Sehun expressed loudly, earning a gasp from Kyungsoo and turning on his heel. Why does that kid always ruin everything?

*

Jongin’s heart beat rapidly in anticipation for what his mother was going to say. ‘That’s it, she’s had enough of your .’ ‘Say goodbye to your comfortable life, cause she’s gonna disown you right about now’. These unpleasant thoughts made Jongin even more anxious.

“Stand up” She ordered.

When Jongin had complied, she walked out from behind her paper-filled desk and stood before him.

“Mum – what?” Jongin questioned when his mother had reached out to the hem of his shirt, tucking the white material into his trousers. Then she her fingers and flattened out his hair and even bent down to tie his shoelaces.

“Umma?” Jongin’s face flushed. “What’s wrong?”

His mother met her gaze and it was unlike anything he had ever seen before; regret, guilt.

“I’m sorry” She wrapped her arms around her tall son’s back, burying herself in his chest. “I know I haven’t been a good mother” came her muffled voice.

Jongin hugged his mother back gently and pulled away.

“It’s my fault that you’ve been acting like this isn’t it? Your father died when you were still at an early age and I should have been there for you to pick up the slack and instead I was always working.” She said sadly.

"Mum, it isn't your fault. You heard what Kyungsoo said; I've changed now."

His mother giggled slightly. Good, she’s back to her usual self. “Yes this Kyungsoo seems to be quite the knight in shining armor, huh?”

Jongin blushed furiously, much to the further excitement of Park Choa. “I-I don’t like him that way if that’s what you think!” He defended. She only raised an eyebrow, smirking.

“Whatever, get out you rascal!” She shooed her son out of the door and sighed, leaning back on her desk. My cute Jongin-nie has grown up.

*

Note: An uneventful chapter but at least you know where Kyungsoo stands when it comes to in-school relationships. Sehun’s also becoming too full of himself for his own good and Choa reveals Jongin’s grimy bullying past to Kyungsoo -_0

Enjoy Kyungsoo beating Chanyeol up!:

HenryXChanyeol:

 

Till next time my chingus ~!!